Welcome to Gaia! ::

The xxxHolic Guild

Back to Guilds

Fans of CLAMP's xxxHolic, you were not guided here by chance -- here you can ponder and discuss, or just hang with other Holic-holics!! 

Tags: crossover, holic, clamp, tsubasa, yaoi 

Reply The xxxHolic Guild
xxxHolic anime Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gonna watch it?
Of course! No matter what!
84%
 84%  [ 56 ]
Anime's not my thing... Sticking with the manga!
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
I would if I could!!! But my computer can't handle such downloads! T_T
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 66

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:23 pm
First of all, as long as I know, this is not a repeat thread, so I'm not breaking any rules here (Yay for me!)

Have you seen the anime promo? I downloaded it today and I think it looks pretty nice! 3nodding The music is nice (Suga Shikao is my current favorite singer heart saku-chan knows it) Let's hope the anime isn't as killed as Tsubasa's. *threatens Production I.G. with a bat*  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:27 pm
yay, malu-chan! im so proud of you.. *sniff sniff* good for you, im so glad you havent created a repeat thread...
anyhoo!
chibiyuuto, my hero, has provided the links to the opening and the first epi*raw* for us!
openings pretty good, but for some reason, the link he provided for the epi says "torrent does not exist"....what the heck? ahh wel, ill just give you al the links anyways...
to the FAQs, peoples!!
-sakura  

little_kitty_chan
Captain

yuki_aoi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:23 pm
i want to see it ^_^
malu can you pm the link to the trailer?? please??
I also cant wait for the anime movie of holic to come out biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:30 am
Mokona has the raws and subs. 3nodding Fear me, in all my awesomeness. heart
I rather enjoyed the OP, and the ending was laaame, consisting mostly of a sleeping Black Mokona, who is nowhere near as cute as white mokona. And how did Yuuko make it into the TRC credits, while you see no Syaoran in the Holic credits? EH? EHHHH? *points fangirl stick at Production IG* Well, the episode hung tight to the manga, and though very little happened, the animation was good.

http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=1659.60
There you go! These people are god. Scroll down a ways for the download links.
-mokona  

singing shark
Vice Captain

Assimilated Borg

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100

little_kitty_chan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:21 pm
yuki_aoi
i want to see it ^_^
malu can you pm the link to the trailer?? please??
I also cant wait for the anime movie of holic to come out biggrin

...GO TO THE FAQs....
-sakura  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:34 am
OK, moko-chan and saku-chan have posted the links. So, suit yourself (it's said that way, ne? correct me if I'm wrong)

Hopefully, I will be able to watch the first episode today.  

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

counting pulses

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:53 pm
I haven't watched the first episode yet...well, I watched the first four minutes. ^.^;; I'm really into Suga Shikao right now, though. The animation looked really nice... somehow not like Tsubasa, if you know what I mean. o_O  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:04 pm
Okay, seing as you all lack my leetness at getting subbed anime, go to animesuki, they have it subbed.

WARNING, the series (and TRC in retrospect) have both been killed already with the introduction of Black Mokona to early. I think they aren't even going to have the TRC group at all. The opening is awesome though, I'll admit.

Oh yeah, I also decided to go as Watanuki for the Animethon, my anime convention during the summer break, wait, that isn't right as I graduate this year! I also turn 18 in a month so I'll be a Watanuki who can drink like Yuuko! Oh the destruction.

Also, xxx Holic will be renamed Holic by Funimation for any form of the anime that comes over to avoid "adult thoughts"  

QUICKMAN
Crew

SakuraKawaii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:22 am
I've seen the 1st EP of Holic and it's actually quite different to the Manga.
But it's still very good!
Watanuki ((in my opinion)) is a very funny character! 3nodding sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:23 am
everybodyLOOSEY
I haven't watched the first episode yet...well, I watched the first four minutes. ^.^;; I'm really into Suga Shikao right now, though. The animation looked really nice... somehow not like Tsubasa, if you know what I mean. o_O
Woot! Another Suga Shikao fan! (my fave song is Yoake Mae ^_^) I haven't watched the fansub because my boyfriend didn't bring me the .avi the other day, 'cause he downloaded it, and he's the one who gives Malu-chan the power to watch anime! scream

Well, anyway, I'm definitely watching it tomorrow. I hope Watanuki doesn't dissapoint me, since he's my favorite character! (So funny xd )  

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:08 pm
Yay! I've seen the 2 first episodes. And I totally loved the opening! I didn't like much the animation of the Ending... too simple, but I liked the song. Animation's pretty nice, Watanuki's very funny, they're showing all the important arcs on the opening... everything's looking good! Except that there isn't any signal of TRC characters... It must have been that they already did it for the TRC movie, and there's really no need to repeat that scene.

...That or Prod. I.G. was too lazy mrgreen Also... it would be very monotonous to have that scene all over again... Come on people, we know that part by heart! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:40 am
chibi yuuto's opinion(yes, i completely over rate him. so what? sweatdrop ):
XXXHOLiC #2

Starting with a joke:

Tsubasa and XXXHOLiC really ARE linked. Both of them had a great first episode followed by a disappointing 2nd one xDDDDDDDDD

Seriously now:

You can notice right away that the animation decreased, comparing to the 1st episode. I know that that usually tends to happen in every anime adaptation, I just thought that the fall here was too high.

The close-ups were fine, very good, actually, but not the "broad" scenes, the ones where we could see the whole scene. Those were bad.

At the first scene were Watanuki is cooking, they made sure to animate him but forgot about Maru, Moro and Mokona. Maru and Moro look dead only repeating Mokona's words, they looked like Chii, when they actually are supposed to be GENKI!

Still on that scene, one can tell already that they totally cut the CCS links (Watanuki finding Sakura's staff), they even used the same sexy pose Yuuko did on that same scene in the manga. So like, the storyboard guy was LOOKING at that particular scene when he drew the episode. So why they cut it? Maybe they do want to cut everything related to Tsubasa... I don't know, but that wouldn't be nice at all, since that's the point of the whole "linkage" between the two series.

For now, I'll just hope that they WILL eventually add that particular scene later on the series. When Ohkawa-sensei is in the staff, the crossovers are supposed to increase, not decrease, right? RIGHT? u.u

So, moving on... The lady arrives to the shop... and I could swear she was blond (as well as the computer-holic woman, and the fake fortuneteller... hummm, too many blonds I guess... O.o).

I thought the scene where Yuuko goes "Hey! I can hear you!" was totally emotion-less =_= and I don't know why they had to add a table and chair on Yuuko's shop to "receive" her customers...

Then we jump to the school, Himawari and Doumeki's introduction was so quick that I didn't even mind it at all, it was in fact one of the best scenes of this episode, IMO. I loved the SFXs and the direction, I guess we can rest assured that the scenes involving Watanuki and Doumeki will be great. Part of it due to the amazing work of the seiyuus, but I thought the scene really passed the feeling it wanted to pass.

Again on Watanuki's seiyuu, I have to say it again, that he's just perfect, OMG XD The scene where he's getting back to Yuuko's shop is PERFECT XDDD I don't remember being that satisfied with a seiyuu before, he's really perfect for the part.

I'm glad the street people still look gray (and still moving!), apart from the important ones, it'll probably be like that for the whole series, yey. I liked the effect they used to create the smoke, it was good, and the SFXs they used for it too.

So yeah, the woman doesn't die =_= I was very disappointed with that, even more than the total loss of crossovers. I think her death it's part of XXXHOLiC's dark tone, and it totally remarked the power of Yuuko's words, giving them credibility. So it's a shame... because I thought the fact that the series is being aired on TBS at 1:30 am was enough to avoid any kind of censorship. So unless that event (the fact that Watanuki saved her) will mean something in the future, then we may forgive it, but I can't deny I didn't like it at all.
I really hope they don't do the same thing to the woman of the Monkey Paw arc... that death was very creepy and it would be a total shame to censor it as well.

Then again, I don't know why they cut Himawari from that scene either. Maybe that's why the woman survived? (Himawari=bad luck)

For the next episode, we'll be jumping to vol. 3, but that doesn't mean we won't see the computer-holic woman arc (we've seen some magazine pictures with Yuuko wearing that arc's clothes), the fortuneteller arc (episode 4 is called "Divination", it could be that one) or the 100 Ghost Stories arc (in the OP there's a particular scene with a monster behind a japanese paper-wall).

Why the changes? Here's my guess: We've seen her doing this before... Ohkawa-sensei, I mean. "Messing up" with the original order of events, she did that in CCS and MKR, for example.
CCS's 2nd episode was the one with Shadow card, while in the manga we only saw that card a while later. But the episode introduced Tomoyo, and she even helped Sakura on capturing the card. So I think we'll be seeing the Angel arc on the next episode because that's the first arc where Doumeki and Watanuki actually get to "work" together. We did see him at the 100 Ghost Stories arc, but there wasn't a good "interaction" between Watanuki and Doumeki. So that's what I think it's all about.

Overall, the good points of this episodes were:
- It was still faithful to the manga -during most of the episode-. They kept the same dialogs, scene composition, Yuuko's clothes (except for the last one) and the main idea of the arc was passed.
- The soundtrack and SFXs. We could listen a bit more of it and I think it's definitely good. The SFXs were great and gave emotion to the scenes, specially the one at the school.

Bad points:
- The animation quality is definitely lacking on this episode.
- CCS links off (and Tsubasa's too). Crossovers are always nice, but I'm still hoping their time will come.
- The woman not dying at the end. Script changes are necessary and I don't blame them, but -this- particular one took away all the dark tone of XXXHOLiC.

-sakura  

little_kitty_chan
Captain

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:13 pm
(Where's your opinion, saku-chan?)

Well yes... the woman not dying also made me go "WTF?"... but if I remember well, in the manga they didn't say that she died, did they?

YES!!! LET THE MONKEY HAND GIRL DIE!!! twisted

Not mentioning Clow or Sakura's staff was bad crying But we're having Chii's ears! 4laugh

Oh! And they HAVE to make that TRC connection with the 100 ghost stories arc. (coughcoughKoryoCastlecoughcoughBarriercoughcough)

That's all I remember for the day. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:55 am
pshh.
theres almost no point in watching an epi is you cant hear anything. stare
what i mean is, my uncles compy in taiwan HAS NO SOUND. whats the point of youtube anymore? mad d
anyways, even though i was able to watch the first epi there,the second epi...
i just couldnt do it. anyways, my mother told me to get off and all....couldnt play at night, i was too tired...
if i can, ill watch the whole thing...
but only after i download it on MY compy... which might take forever.... xp
-sakura  

little_kitty_chan
Captain

Malu CLBS

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:26 pm
little_kitty_chan
pshh.
theres almost no point in watching an epi is you cant hear anything. stare
what i mean is, my uncles compy in taiwan HAS NO SOUND. whats the point of youtube anymore? mad d
anyways, even though i was able to watch the first epi there,the second epi...
i just couldnt do it. anyways, my mother told me to get off and all....couldnt play at night, i was too tired...
if i can, ill watch the whole thing...
but only after i download it on MY compy... which might take forever.... xp
-sakura
You have an uncle that lives in Taiwan? eek wow, saku-chan, you never end to surprise me. Well, then we'll talk about it when you see it. mrgreen (I want the computer holic chapter! The one with the bat!!!) xd  
The xxxHolic Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff