Obsessive Fisher

25,825 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovers Fish 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:11 pm
User Image

User Image

For our fourth year, with last year unfortunately having no entries, this thread is a place where you can share recipes for the holidays! Feel free to include as many as you like. Please make them in separate replies to the thread to keep this organized! Maybe others reading will be encouraged to make them.

Make sure to include any helpful information such as ingredients, prep time, oven temperature, and serving size! Do you have a photo of your prepped dish? That would be helpful too! Have a link to the original recipe? Include that as well!

You could win a nifty prize if I make your recipe this year! Every submission gets a little thank you gift too! I will also be sharing the recipes for things I am making this year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:49 pm
Peppermint Pound Cake
350 Degrees Fahrenheit - 20 Minutes Prep Time - 65 Minutes Baking Time - 85 Minutes Total

You can also replace the peppermint flavor with vanilla, lemon, orange, ube, coconut, or any flavoring/extract of your choice! I originally created this recipe using vanilla and it was for my dog. It was her favorite little treat and I even baked her one last loaf on her death bed.

You will need:
-2 Nonstick Loaf Pans (Mine are from Dollar Tree! They work amazingly well!)
-Baking Parchment Paper
-Nonstick Spray or Vegetable oil
-electronic hand mixer
-Soft spatula

Ingredients:
-300 grams All Purpose Flour
-1 tspn kosher salt (do not use table salt, do not use fine sea salt. If you do use these replacements, please only add 1/2 tspn instead as these types of salts are much harsher than kosher salt)
-1.5 tspn baking powder (not baking soda)
-1 cup butter softened at room temperature or warmed to softness in the microwave in short 10 second bursts. Do not melt the butter. we need it fluffy and soft.
-250 grams of white granulated sugar
-1/2 cup milk (whole, 2%, soymilk, any is fine)
-1.5 Tbspns Peppermint Extract (or vanilla, lemon, coconut, ube extract/flavoring. any of your choice! If using lemon juice instead of lemon extract use 3 tbspns etc)
-4 large eggs at room temperature (or eggs submerged in warm/hot water for 10 minutes. not boiling hot please.
-2 tbspns poppy seeds (optional) You can add even more poppy seeds! I add like 4 tbspns in mine! Please note that eating this many poppy seeds CAN show up on a drug test as opioid drug usage, so please let your employers know that you have eaten baked goods with poppy seeds in it before taking your scheduled drug test. Don't worry, these poppy seeds do not have any drug-like effects when eaten.

For the icing (optional):
-1 cup
-2 tbspn milk
-1 tspn peppermint extract
-2 crushed candy canes (optional)

1. Set the oven to preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the 300g of all purpose flour, kosher salt, and baking powder (and poppy seeds if you chose to include them). set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, using the electronic hand mixer, whip up and flush the butter. Slowly add in the sugar and continue fluffing. Add in the peppermint extract and continue whipping, slowly add in the 1/2 cup milk. Continue whipping, add in one egg at a time until you have added all 4 and continue whipping until everything is mixed in and fluffy. We want a nice airy pound cake.
4. Put the hand mixer away and get out the soft spatula. In spanish, we call them miserables lol. Slowly fold in the flour/salt/baking powder mixture you made earlier. Key word here is folding and gently mixing it in. The more you mix, the more the gluten in the flour will start to activate and form, creating a really dense pound cake. I like mine fluffy so I do not overmix. If you like it denser, by all means, overmix the batter.
5. Once the dry ingredients have been mixed into the wet ingredients, you can now prepare your baking pans. Cut the parchment paper to line your baking tins. Generously coat the pans with your nonstick oil of choice and place the parchment paper in the pans. The oil will help them from lifting or moving around the pans.
6. Pour in your batter in even amounts into each pan. Smooth them out with a wet spatula to prevent sticking to the surface of the batter.
7. Bake in the oven for 65 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted into the middle and come out cleanly. If the skewer returns with some batter, continue to bake in the oven for another 10 to 20 minutes as needed. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pans.
8. While they are baking, combine all of the icing ingredients except for the crushed candy canes. Do not add more liquid ingredients than I marked down in the recipe. I promise it will come together once fully mixed.
9. Remove the cakes from the pans and peel off the parchment paper from the cakes. Drizzle the icing on top of the cakes. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
10. Cut, serve, and enjoy! biggrin This recipe was written for and dedicated to my late dog, Chiquis!

Happy Holidays! biggrin Please note, you are not restricted to using just loaf pans. If you have fun shaped pans like fish or bundt cake etc, you can also use those.  

Hypnotic Dentist

IRL Warlock

46,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hooked on the Holidays 2022

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items