Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Panels

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:44 am
As most of you know a lot of conventions have been canceled this year. Their are many things that I like about them and one of them is panels. For me I find them another way to interact with fans and to learn more about my interests. Here are some questions that I have for you about panels:

1. Do you miss them?
2. What type of panels do you like?
3. If you ran a panel what would it be about?
4. Have you ran panels in the past and what were they about?
5. What do you think about virtual panels? (On Zoom, etc)

Here are my answers:
I do miss going to panels. I like going to ones that are run by cosplayers, and anime / manga series that I like. I don't know about running a panel right now it's a lot of work. I don't like the idea of virtual panels. I feel that being in person is much better and doing it digital loses a lot of the magic.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:27 pm
1. Do you miss them?
Yeah. For me cons are a chance to show off my fandom, my craft, and hang out with friends I maybe only see a few times a year since we live in different cities.

2. What type of panels do you like?
I like going to panels about culture, concepts, skill building, or writing related. I don't really do fandom panels unless it's more about looking at an anime in a new way or it's hosted by a friend.

3. If you ran a panel what would it be about?
Either a cultural panel, sexuality panel, or a panel on learning more about a fandom.

4. Have you ran panels in the past and what were they about?
I've ran panels in the past. Most of them are Japanese culture related (Ainu/Okinawan, traditional toys and games, Japanese historical periods), I've done some fandom panels (Naruto and Symbolism), and I was paneling on going a Demisexual and Asexual panel with my husband and a friend (with hopes of finding another person to join us).

5. What do you think about virtual panels? (On Zoom, etc)
It's a really cool way to connect the community. I kind of makes me want to run a mini-con for the people in my area.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers