Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Has Your Convention been canceled Recently?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:06 am
It's easy to say that the World is experiencing very hard times. I feel for everyone who is effected in some way by the Covid-19 Virus and I pray for people who have the virus to recover quickly. It has found it's way into every aspect of our lives. People have been panicking due to it and don't get me wrong their is plenty to fear from it.

I have been starting to hear about Anime / Cosplay Conventions getting canceled recently. This affects all of us who Love every aspect of going to the cons. Please let us know if your Convention is canceled and if you and or a group of you are still going to do something safely to celebrate what we Love so much.

I saw on Facebook a special project that's being started where Cosplayers are making podcasts and You Tubes of themselves wearing Cosplay outfits and reading Books / Manga. Then arranging it so that kids at home can watch them and still enjoy what they Love. If you are doing something like this let us know about that as well.

We are still here and more than happy to help Cosplayers, Knowledge about Anime / Manga / Japan, and all about conventions.

I have been thinking about World History lately and all of the diseases that happened in the early to mid 1900's. They got through those times and we will get through these times as well.

Please start a conversation on this serious thread. Learning about the Podcast made me Happy. You can still consider this your Home away from Home.

Guild Captain Smithers456  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:20 am
I've been lucky that none of the cons I was going to have been cancelled, but on the other side, cons that friends were going to were.

However with the timeline being pushed in to July I'm worried that my next con will be (Kuroneko Con).

I will admit that I've been one of the cosplayers/fans that have done stuff like online cons that have popped up. I'm in one on Facebook called Concellation.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:35 am
angelmage99
I've been lucky that none of the cons I was going to have been cancelled, but on the other side, cons that friends were going to were.

However with the timeline being pushed in to July I'm worried that my next con will be (Kuroneko Con).

I will admit that I've been one of the cosplayers/fans that have done stuff like online cons that have popped up. I'm in one on Facebook called Concellation.

I have heard that Acen (Anime Central) has been canceled. Being that it's in the Chicago Area I'm not surprised. I really Hope that things have settled down before Fall when Youmacon comes to Detroit. We all need something to look forward to. Whats Concellation about? Is it a Facebook page or a Facebook Group? Please post a link to it as well. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:59 am
smithers456

I have heard that Acen (Anime Central) has been canceled. Being that it's in the Chicago Area I'm not surprised. I really Hope that things have settled down before Fall when Youmacon comes to Detroit. We all need something to look forward to. Whats Concellation about? Is it a Facebook page or a Facebook Group? Please post a link to it as well. Thanks.

It's basically a virtual con. People post comments on topics and people can comment like it's a panel or something.

Concellation  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:17 am
angelmage99
smithers456

It's basically a virtual con. People post comments on topics and people can comment like it's a panel or something.

Concellation

Awww, yiss. I'm loving the heck out of it. Particularly spotting the PPP cosplay group when they show up. wink

IRL-related: As far as I know, Otakon hasn't cancelled yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:48 am
Otafest, which occurs during May long weekend, has been cancelled for this year. This year would have been my tenth year going to Otafest, too. :'D On the bright side, this does give me more time to work on my planned cosplays and save on money that would otherwise have been used at the convention. Also, any artist's table costs, vendor's spot costs, and attendee's pre-purchased tickets have been transferred for Otafest 2021! We also have the option to get a refund, if we're not able to go to Otafest next year. That said, I'm still going next year. I'm also still glad to be part of the Otafest community as both an attendee and cosplayer though since I love the atmosphere of it! ^_^

There has been talk about us Otafest cosplayers to do photo shoots during that weekend while keeping in mind the whole safe social distancing thing. I don't think I'll join in on it though.

Here's hoping that this virus situation dies before end of July and beginning of August though since my next anime convention, which is Anime Revolution, occurs then. Last year, I had obtained my weekend pass for it as well as my airline tickets to travel with.

I have also heard about the cosplay story time. Two of my friends have done it already. One was Mavus and the other was Jack Frost. I would love to do this in my Kingdom Hearts cosplays since the closest thing to a book for kids, which I have cosplays for, is all of my Kingdom Hearts novels. However, I need to find the time to do so. Perhaps, I'll do that during May long weekend. I shall see though.

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers