Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gay Bisexual Guys Guild

Back to Guilds

A fun and safe place for gay and bi men to hangout and socialize. 

Tags: gays, guys, roleplay, friends, hangout 

Reply Chatterbox
Heya guys~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:08 pm
It's been a while since i've posted here. Mostly because i haven't logged on much, since i broke up, started school and my laptop started acting up. But my laptop is fixed so i figured i should be ab it more active around Gaia, or at least here.

How's it gooooing?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:25 pm
I'm doing fine, thanks. smile

Came back today due to low budget to fix my PC. sweatdrop
Looks like I'll have to get a job.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:42 pm
TheJesterGuy

I'm in the process of getting a job myself. But lord is the situation where i live tight!

What's the problem with your PC? x:  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:07 pm
xXZanza
TheJesterGuy

I'm in the process of getting a job myself. But lord is the situation where i live tight!

I'm looking for to work with my PC to get some money. However, I'm also looking for a job too. It's also tight around here due to the economic crisis and stuff. neutral

The power supply died.It was pretty old, though.
My PC got fixed last Saturday, however, I only got it back home on Tuesday, my b-day.
I've even made a journal about it - http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&post_id=40151165&u=16969882  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:18 pm
TheJesterGuy
xXZanza
TheJesterGuy

I'm looking for to work with my PC to get some money. However, I'm also looking for a job too. It's also tight around here due to the economic crisis and stuff. neutral

The power supply died.It was pretty old, though.
My PC got fixed last Saturday, however, I only got it back home on Tuesday, my b-day.
I've even made a journal about it - http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&post_id=40151165&u=16969882

Ooooh, i see now. I had misunderstood xP

Well, i'm glad yours got fixed.

Mine is around 4 years old now. An HP. It's been my baby. Basically my first laptop ever. I was freaking out when it was acting up because i had jus started college. But now i could care less. i just fixed it because i was bored and tired of always using my phone to browse.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:17 pm
xXZanza

Mine is around 4 years old now. An HP. It's been my baby. Basically my first laptop ever. I was freaking out when it was acting up because i had jus started college. But now i could care less. i just fixed it because i was bored and tired of always using my phone to browse.

Yeah, I'm glad too, haha. xd
Specially it took a while to fix this time around.

I'm glad for your fix too, heh. It can be hard to let PCs and Notebooks go in the age we live right now due to now almost everything requiring you to be online. sweatdrop

My PC has been with me for quite a long time. 2009, to be exact. It was custom made on a PC shop which recently ran out of business.
However, I've changed and replaced mostly of its hardware along the time.
Only the graphics card brand I use remains "unchanged". I put it between quotes because I replaced it with the exact same model and brand after the former burned out.
Soon, I'm planning to change the remaining stuff on December or in the next year.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:37 am
TheJesterGuy
xXZanza

Yeah, I'm glad too, haha. xd
Specially it took a while to fix this time around.

I'm glad for your fix too, heh. It can be hard to let PCs and Notebooks go in the age we live right now due to now almost everything requiring you to be online. sweatdrop

My PC has been with me for quite a long time. 2009, to be exact. It was custom made on a PC shop which recently ran out of business.
However, I've changed and replaced mostly of its hardware along the time.
Only the graphics card brand I use remains "unchanged". I put it between quotes because I replaced it with the exact same model and brand after the former burned out.
Soon, I'm planning to change the remaining stuff on December or in the next year.

Literally! I go crazy whenever my phone starts acting up. I don't have a job, so i can't pay for service so i depend on wifi spots and people basically contact me through my email or at my sister's number. XD And most of the places ive applied to work to contact through email so yea.

Well damn you truly love that baby. Is it working smoothly now?

I'm dying to get a touch laptop because i draw and i could do commissions and earn money to pay for school. I've never done digital, so you can imagine my eagerness.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 pm
xXZanza

Literally! I go crazy whenever my phone starts acting up. I don't have a job, so i can't pay for service so i depend on wifi spots and people basically contact me through my email or at my sister's number. XD And most of the places ive applied to work to contact through email so yea.

I'm dying to get a touch laptop because i draw and i could do commissions and earn money to pay for school. I've never done digital, so you can imagine my eagerness.

Yeah. It's something you can't "escape" from. Thankfully people are still asking for phone numbers, heh. xd

Yeah, I do. It helped me on so many occasions, you know.
And yes, it's doing fine, thankfully. smile

Oh, that's an interesting idea. However, I read people talking about a lot drawing on tablets like "Wacom". You should give a try to those.
As for me, I just started to learn how to draw so I can't do commissions yet. xp  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:27 pm
TheJesterGuy
xXZanza

Yeah. It's something you can't "escape" from. Thankfully people are still asking for phone numbers, heh. xd

Yeah, I do. It helped me on so many occasions, you know.
And yes, it's doing fine, thankfully. smile

Oh, that's an interesting idea. However, I read people talking about a lot drawing on tablets like "Wacom". You should give a try to those.
As for me, I just started to learn how to draw so I can't do commissions yet. xp

Yay. Glad its doing well.

And well, my ex had bought one. A bit over 1k. I wouldn't really buy one for a while because the cheaper ones have a blank touch screen, which i hate. I wouldn't feel comfortable drawing on a surface and having to stare at another surface (the laptop screen since the tablets only work when connected, even the ones with a screen)

So thats why i wanna buy a touch laptop which can be bent to be used as a tablet. x:  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:34 pm
xXZanza

And well, my ex had bought one. A bit over 1k. I wouldn't really buy one for a while because the cheaper ones have a blank touch screen, which i hate. I wouldn't feel comfortable drawing on a surface and having to stare at another surface (the laptop screen since the tablets only work when connected, even the ones with a screen)

So thats why i wanna buy a touch laptop which can be bent to be used as a tablet. x:

Thanks, darling. smile

Well, that's quite expensive. eek
Mostly artists in dA (and Tumblr and Twitter to an extent) love using drawing tablets, and I didn't know they could be that costly or needing a connection, you know.

I myself am sticking with traditional drawing for now, and scanning the final results with my printer. The only annoying part is to adjust the brightness and contrast to make the drawing visible.

I've heard about these. They're quite convenient and I wanted one to do my writing without any distraction whatsoever, leaving my PC as this station split in a "gaming" (W7) and "productivity" (Linux Mint) sections.
There's these links below if you're interested in starting your research for prices:
Best 25 2-in-1 ultraportables and convertible laptops in 2017
What is a 2-in-1?
5 Budget Windows Hybrids 2-in-1 Tablets and Laptops for Schools  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:45 pm
TheJesterGuy
xXZanza

Thanks, darling. smile

Well, that's quite expensive. eek
Mostly artists in dA (and Tumblr and Twitter to an extent) love using drawing tablets, and I didn't know they could be that costly or needing a connection, you know.

I myself am sticking with traditional drawing for now, and scanning the final results with my printer. The only annoying part is to adjust the brightness and contrast to make the drawing visible.

I've heard about these. They're quite convenient and I wanted one to do my writing without any distraction whatsoever, leaving my PC as this station split in a "gaming" (W7) and "productivity" (Linux Mint) sections.
There's these links below if you're interested in starting your research for prices:
Best 25 2-in-1 ultraportables and convertible laptops in 2017
What is a 2-in-1?
5 Budget Windows Hybrids 2-in-1 Tablets and Laptops for Schools
Oooooh thanks for the links!

And yeap! I mean they are GREAT tablets, and the 1k one is HUGE. Basically for a desk and most of illustrators use it. But it's just a bit to much for me right now. I did plan on doing a loan to buy one but i'd rather not get into debt XD

But that's the sad part of the wacoms. The fact you need to connect it to a laptop/pc and that the cheap ones don't have a screen on them. My friend was going to send me her Wacom Bamboo, which is one of the cheapest, just so i could get the hang of it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:05 pm
xXZanza

And yeap! I mean they are GREAT tablets, and the 1k one is HUGE. Basically for a desk and most of illustrators use it. But it's just a bit to much for me right now. I did plan on doing a loan to buy one but i'd rather not get into debt XD

But that's the sad part of the wacoms. The fact you need to connect it to a laptop/pc and that the cheap ones don't have a screen on them. My friend was going to send me her Wacom Bamboo, which is one of the cheapest, just so i could get the hang of it.

You're welcome. They're just a kickstart, so you can dig and find the one which fits you and your budget.

Just find one which's gonna help you on your drawings and steer away from the "professional", more expensive ones used by people who follow a career in illustration and arts.

It's like me when I draw: I have to keep an eye on both my drawing and on either the tablet/PC screen or on a printed paper of the reference. Not an easy task.
I've heard about these Wacom Bamboo tablets around deviantART with "Inkscape" in them. Certain artists in there use this.  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:33 am
TheJesterGuy
xXZanza

You're welcome. They're just a kickstart, so you can dig and find the one which fits you and your budget.

Just find one which's gonna help you on your drawings and steer away from the "professional", more expensive ones used by people who follow a career in illustration and arts.

It's like me when I draw: I have to keep an eye on both my drawing and on either the tablet/PC screen or on a printed paper of the reference. Not an easy task.
I've heard about these Wacom Bamboo tablets around deviantART with "Inkscape" in them. Certain artists in there use this.

Currently my budget is 0, but if they give me a job at school, i'd be able to save up and afford one c: So i'm very excited!

It's not, specially when someone is just starting to draw. But with time it gets easier c:

O: Inkscape? Is that a drawing app?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:36 pm
xXZanza

Currently my budget is 0, but if they give me a job at school, i'd be able to save up and afford one c: So i'm very excited!

It's not, specially when someone is just starting to draw. But with time it gets easier c:

Oh, good. I hope you get it. smile

Yep. Eventually I'll get used to it.

It's a freeware and open source software used to draw vectors, favored by some deviants - Draw Freely | Inkscape  

TheJesterGuy

Aged Gaian

xXZanza

Lonely Bunny

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:53 pm
TheJesterGuy
xXZanza

Oh, good. I hope you get it. smile

Yep. Eventually I'll get used to it.

It's a freeware and open source software used to draw vectors, favored by some deviants - Draw Freely | Inkscape

Ooh nice.

Question though... Vectors? What are those? I'm not really quite familiar.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff