Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Midwest Conventions
Youmacon 2017

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IchigoNeko23

Firebreathing Genius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:50 pm
Is anyone else going to Youmacon this year? Post your lineup here. Maybe we can organize a get together for a shoot too!

Website- Youmacon

My Lineup
Thursday - Either Cinder (RWBY) or Asuna (Sword Art Online)
Friday - Juvia (Fairy Tail)
Saturday - Blake (RWBY)
Sunday - Juvia's 8 Island Waitress Outfit (Fairy Tail)

The only day that is set in stone is Sunday because it's with a group.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:52 pm
IchigoNeko23
Is anyone else going to Youmacon this year? Post your lineup here. Maybe we can organize a get together for a shoot too!

Website- Youmacon

My Lineup
Saturday - Blake (RWBY)

Hi IchigoNeko23, (This is a long response - I Love to write)

My Brother Dan, my Niece Miranda (She is almost 18 years old), and I (Your Captain!) are going to be at Youmacon 2017 on Saturday Nov 4th, 2017. I recently became a Huge fan of the RWBY series and I own Volumes 1 to 4 of the series. I Love all four of the girls, especially Ruby Rose. smile

It would be an Honor to meet you on that day. It can be a Meet and Greet or a mini Photoshoot. Being a Semi Professional Cosplayer who which most of our Guild Members know already. If we do a mini photoshoot, it doesn't matter who you are Cosplaying. If you are Cosplaying Blake from RWBY that day you would have to pick me up off of the Floor first. smile I Love all of the RWBY characters. My niece Miranda is going to be my assistant this year. Which is going to be a big thrill for her and not to worry she will pick me up off of the floor. LOL. She happens to be my Pokemon expert.

Finding RWBY series Cosplayers is one of my major Goals for my Cosplay Photography this year at Youmacon 2017. If the Mini Photoshoot happens I can put photos of it online on my "Smithers456 Otaku" Facebook page for everyone to enjoy. Please keep in mind that it's a Public Facebook page which means that anyone can check out the photos and you would be able to share those photos with your Family and Friends. smile

My "Smithers456 Otaku" page is connected to our Guild so you would have a special shout out on the Guild as well. I would be directing our Guild Members to my Facebook page to check out all of the Cosplayer Photos that I take, especially yours.

I'm only going to be at Youmacon 2017 on Saturday of the Con and it will be in the Daylight Hours. In other words when Sunset happens my Niece, Brother, and I will be leaving the Convention.

Please contact me by either Quoting this Post or by sending me a Gaia Message. Please respond whether or not you are interested in meeting me. I met one of our Guild members before and it was my "Convention Moment!!"

Btw I never charge for photoshoots. I do it for the pleasure of meeting Cosplayers. When I take a Cosplayer photo I focus on the person first whom I'm taking a Photo of. This is why I have fans from all over the World on my Deviant Art page. Feel free to check out my Gaia Online Profile page. In the about me section their are links to all three of my Main Pages. This year I'm concentrating the most on my new "Smithers456 Otaku" Facebook page. Your photos if approved would only show up their. No pressure of any kind. All I ask is for you to respond to this post. If we arrange to meet we can go over the details in Private through Gaia Online messages.

I'm going to be Cosplaying Syaoran from "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles" this year. I can put a photo of me Cosplaying him in the past on my "Smithers456 Otraku" page so you will know what I will look like. I don't know who my Brother and Niece are going to be Cosplaying this year. I will post that when I find out.

It would be my honor and pleasure to meet you at Youmacon 2017. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

IchigoNeko23

Firebreathing Genius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 pm
smithers456

That would be awesome!! I'm actually going to be cosplaying from Boku No Hero Academia on Saturday but I'll be changing into Cinder from vol 4 later in the day. Are you only going Saturday? I'd love to meet you!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:57 am
IchigoNeko23
smithers456

That would be awesome!! I'm actually going to be cosplaying from Boku No Hero Academia on Saturday but I'll be changing into Cinder from vol 4 later in the day. Are you only going Saturday? I'd love to meet you!

Hi Ichigo, (Long Message again)

You just made my day! smile I can only afford to go to the Convention on Sat Nov 4th this year. I'm planning on arriving around 11am and after I get the Badges for my little Group we will be free during the Afternoon and possibly into the early Evening.

We are planning on meeting a couple of friends of mine during that afternoon as well. That won't be a problem. Timing wise we can set up a time and place for us to meet and I can plan on meeting my friends at a different time during the afternoon.

I'm still Cosplaying Syaoran and my Brother is Cosplaying one of the Gods from the latest Dragon Ball Z series. I don't know if my niece is Cosplaying a character this year. Probably won't know until just before the convention. If you went to my new page, Smithers456 Otaku you will have a good idea of what I will look like. I plan on taking Mokona with me. She is a life size White Mokona Plushie.

I'm not familiar with the Boku No Hero Academia series, so you will need to tell me what character from that series you will be Cosplaying. I'm definitely familiar with the RWBY series. I do have Vol 4 and know what Cinder Fall looks like. smile

At Youmacon 2015 I met our Guild Member "kyari cloudcakes". I talked with her for a while and did a mini photoshoot of her dressed up as Neo Queen Serenity and of her Husband Tuxedo Mask. I met Kyari at the end of the Sailor Moon Photoshoot and a few of the other Cosplayers stayed and joined in on the action. Their was another Neo Queen Serenity that stayed who I had met before. It was a lot of fun taking photos of the two of them. Kyari didn't tell me ahead of time that she was going to get married on that same day. Wow, that was really special that both Kyari and her Husband spent some time with me. I plan of posting that Photoshoot on my new page soon.

I plan on starting out the day in the Dealers Room at Cobo Hall and then moving onto the Renaissance Center later on. I would really like to do a mini photoshoot of you dressed up as either character. Of the two characters that you are dressing up as I definitely would like to see how your Cinder Fall Cosplay Outfit turned out.

It's not unusual if I draw a small crowd when I'm taking Cosplayer Photos. People at the cons can get excited when they find out that I'm a Cosplay Photographer. smile We can be discrete as well. The best thing to do is figure out where to meet each other and then go somewhere for a photoshoot. If we do a photoshoot the photos will be featured on my new Facebook page for everyone to see and you will be free to share those photos with anybody.

I always do photoshoots for the fun of it. My niece is not a Guild Member but she does know everything about it. She will be thrilled to meet you. My niece is my Pokemon Expert. My Brother is rather shy so the best that you will get out of him is a hello.

I'm going to send you a Gaia Message with the same info that I'm posting here. Then we can send messages back and forth and set things up.

As I said before it will be an honor and pleasure to meet you. I look forward to you answering the message that I'm going to send you.

Smithers456 (Ron)
Guild Captain  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

nena_sakura

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:51 pm
IchigoNeko23

Website- Youmacon

My Lineup
Saturday - Blake (RWBY)

OMG I know this was a late responce (after youma).... but were you there at the fairy tail phootoshoot?

there were 4 juvias were you on of them?

Cosplay line up

Wendy - Fairy Tail
Usagi - Sailormoon
Alice - wonderland
Castel- Supernatural
Dark Sailor moon
Lucy - Fairy Tail  
Midwest Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers