Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
From the Gaia Online Panel at Wondercon: Incredible News!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:59 am

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:48 pm
Sounds good to me.

Inflation is a very big downside (even tho I am now on a level where I could say "screw it, it's just a test of patience in the LK grind fest" ) and seeing that tackled will improve the overall user exerience greatly IMHO.

Of course, a lot of people will "lose" value, be it in either their gold amount or what they have hoarded in item value ( sweatdrop why did I sell my Ancient Katana all those years ago for a few million? And why is the FMAB Alfonse with some 150b+ my most expensive item next to my Rock Puppy?).

Nevertheless, deflation will be good and it is long overdue to happen. -> This also means that, if we want to go back to "the old days", LK money has to be nerfed. 1~2b for a Sycamorte? Hell no, get out with that. This amount has to change IMO. RIGs are okay I guess but even the possibility of ~1b each 10-15 minutes will shred any approach to deflation. With the current state of LK it cannot and will not simply happen.

On one hand this makes me sad because I got myself a Shadow Grunny, a Rock Puppy, a Chirpgaze AND a Strawberry Cow to level 50 via grinding (and drugging them up with potions stressed ) over the course of 2~3 months. The inevitable nerf of LK will not take away what I have achieved, but it will take away the possibilities. -> This means that I might not be able to donate the amounts I currently donate. Gifting equip stuff should still be fine as long as the RIGs dont get nerfed, too...

On the other hand it will be easier for newer Gaians to get a grip on here. Never can go wrong in that direction.

It's a mixed bag. If they dont nerf LK and push zOMG! (a bit more gold, chance for RIGs) I do not see the deflation happening. Also the GC-Gold ratio in marketplace (what is it right now? 1GC=50m gold? rolleyes ) has to change more in favour of 1GC=1m gold. (And put away the auto-check in the "purchaseable with GC" box xp )

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:28 pm

I'm glad that they're gonna gauge the interest of zOMG before jumping into more updates on it. I've been hesitant about hearing about its return, but was trying to give it the benefit of the doubt. The biggest complainers seemed to be people who quit the site. Orrrr... people who quit the site, returned, and couldn't believe it was gone.
But, hey, if they were really that interested in the game, you'd think they would've returned sooner to hear that it was gone. <.< >.>
Anyway, there's usually one busy server (red or yellow) while the rest are green. .... That's not a lot of activity. I'm glad zOMG is back for those who are into it... but.. I don't think it's profitable for the team to focus on zOMG updates. x ---x;
BTW, I call it "zoh-em-gee" XD

I really enjoy the favorites system. <3 I like looking throguh other people's albums. I don't do it as often as I'd like to. XD;

Can't wait for a revamp of the mobile app. It's about time.

I've been reading Lanzer's journal and he's really big into tackling the inflation. So I know that's coming. I just... don't see it as a large issue. I used to... but.. our economy has been rather stable. That's what I'm interested in.
Actually, it's the LQIs and all the item re-releases that un-stabilize the economy, in my opinion. Then again XD; it's the re-releases that allow me to afford the items once no one else wants them. So I know there's an issue.. but... the state of our economy is rather stable compared to what we went through in 2013-2014. x -------x;
Newbies and returning oldbies get sticker shock when they first see prices.. but.. they catch up pretty quickly. Current users keep giving them items and gold... and LK lets them catch up pretty fast.
.... I'm not looking forward to the period of time when they're tackling the inflation. Our gold sources will be nerfed, so I'll have no way to keep up. All the while... they'll be trying to funnel away that gold from users who have hundreds of billions and trillions of gold. They'll have the funds to keep buying at those high prices for a while. <.<;;;;; So I'm gonna be poor for a looooooong time until those other users become poor too. XD; I've got items, but I'm very poor when it comes to pure gold. I'll survive tho. XDD I've always been poor in this site and I survive.

I'm happy to hear that they're gonna try to help spread the word of (and interact with) user-run events again. @ 3@

XDD I didn't know Gaia had a Snapchat either. ...I don't use that app, but I bet it's a good one to follow.

Ugh. Not happy with their answer about Flynn's Plunder as a source of buying CS items for gold. XD; That's already basically what the mp is. And Flynn's auction prices always go high anyway. ...At least it did whenever I've taken the time to check them out. > <;; Which wasn't often. I don't understand why they won't throw a few tiny shoes in the gold shop updates. I can understand not giving full mods... but... throwing in some tiny shoes or tiny gloves that mod hands would be useful. And I can't see it eating into their CS profits that much. <.<;;

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:35 am
sdrawkcab

I totally agree with your sentiment on CS items for gold. If Flynn's auction would be filled like mine (at least every 2-3 days some5-20 new items) I would say that is a different story.

But as it is right now, that answer is just straight up hilarious. lol In what frequency do they refill that shop? I dont visit her auctions so I dont know it.

For this argument, let's say it would be filled 100% every month. That's 30 items every 30 days or 1 item/day. How many users are on Gaia?

Forum Tab