[PRP] Tag-along Teal [Deimos + Mahmud]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Not quite a teen, not really a child... but definitely being followed.

[Continued from here]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Observatory... now that was interesting! Dei nodded a little. He supposed space ships would be cooler, but observatories had their place. "Oh... okay. You helped build those?" That would make... two people he'd run into that were involved with the space stuff in Chittentown. He wished he'd been there, even if it had ended badly...

He'd gotten so lost in his own train of thought that he hadn't noticed Mahmud was starting to talk again until he caught an awkward apology for 'being weird' (which he was) which was then followed up by Mahmud stating that he was going to go jump on the trampoline again. Well, he wasn't done talking to him so clearly that meant Deimos was supposed to follow. So he did.

"Okay. I'll come. What part of the building did you make? Were there telescopes?? I met someone else that was there and he got a building on him - you don't look like you got hurt so I s'pose you must a been away from it when that happened huh." As if a switch had been flicked, he went from short to the point sentences to rambling, all the while trailing after Mahmud and mimicking whatever he was doing. "I wanted to go but I couldn't. Thypion said no. What was it like inside?? I heard you can't go around'em anymore."

Skyli Peep

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:01 pm
        "Well..." Woah, Deimos was firing off a lightsweep a second! It was enough to throw him through a loop. Well, that and the fact that despite deliberately trying to end the conversation this kid saw fit to just come along and continue it. Regret was definitely the emotion he was feeling right about now, a pit in his gut saying he should have never tried to fix Polair's booth, never should have been suspicious of him, never should have...

Never should he have ever, but it wasn't possible to take it back.

At least jumping on the trampoline gave him some time to think of how to answer the questions his little companion was firing off a mile a minute. All these inquiries though... in a way they were a little comforting. It wasn't like his former friend's style to pry so much. No, he had taken control of the situations... so it helped separate Deimos from... aah. He shouldn't keep thinking on stuff like that.

Trying to pull himself into the moment, Mahmud walked over to Deimos and began to rattle off answers as he walked over. "I helped all over, I was a runner. There were so many telescopes I lost track..." Gently, he motioned for Deimos to come along as he went to another spot in the booth.
        "I'm not hurt, but it sure was something crazy. There was a bomb inside it... someone disarmed ours though. I hear Civisect didn't make it out too well."

When they finally stopped at wherever he had been wandering to (for at this point, Mahmud wasn't really sure what he was doing), the toughest question came forward. "It was..." For a moment he paused, hand on the booth.
        "... Amazing, and terrifying." That seemed to sum it up, but Deimos deserved more didn't he? "It was so... it was so stark. All the architecture was such straight lines, even the curved lines were so clean. It was unnatural, but beautiful... yet there was something organic to how it was being built. Does that make sense? Unnatural shapes, in natural patterns." Thinking about it brought a smile to his face. "There was so many people there... I'll be honest, I hid most of the time. Too many people for my liking but... I met one of my best friends because of it."

"Its probably a good thing Thyphon wouldn't let you go, but if you had it'd be an experience." Aaah, he rattled on too far again, didn't he? Shaking his head a little bit, he turned and looked at Deimos, looking a little more relaxed than he had the rest of that night before. "Okay, your turn now.
        What do you like to do? What made you meet Polair?"

nepsah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:01 pm

Honestly the games weren't as interesting any more. He watched as Mahmud jumped, figuring the silence was to concentrate on getting the broken trampoline to actually work. (He was 100% convinced it was broken...) "A runner?" He supposed that meant moving supplies around, or something. "Were they big?? Or little ones?" He pointed at the telescopes that Polair had as prizes as if to indicate that those were suppose to be little. "A bomb?" That was just... he didn't have the word for it. Who would put a bomb in a space ladder!? Weren't they trying to be able to get off the planet again?

"So kind of like... um..." He flapped his hands at his waist as he struggled to think of what he was trying to compare Mahmud's statement to. "Like... a snail shell? Y'know- where its all curvy but the lines are all clear 'n stuff." He knew there was some kind of technical term for it but couldn't remember it for the life of him. He should really get more sleep... "It sounds like it was cool though... I don't really get building stuff very much but I guess a cool building is a cool building." He shrugged, "you don't like people either?" Deimos tilted his head, one brow raised. Now that was a first. Meeting someone else that didn't like people.

"I like to make maps. And read. And watch the stars." He nodded clasping his hands together as he spoke. "I met Polair because we were watching the same uhm... phe-nom-en-on on the same night near my hive. She showed me how to make an astrolabe 'n everythin'." He grinned - a real, actual grin - and bounced on the balls of his feet. "Have you seen her star map? With the crystals??"

Skyli Peep

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 pm
        Mahmud's gaze fell back to Deimos and his big, big smile... and maybe he was just soft, but he felt himself starting to smile too.
        It was nice seeing a kid getting excited about things. Honestly, it reminded him of himself a little bit. Just a little bit. Well...

"Huge" he finally replied, giving back the widest grin he could. If he was going to tell a story why darn it, he was going to tell a good one! "Huge! They were bigger than... than..." Desperately looking around, Mahmud finally motioned to one of the booths nearby. "That booth! Two of those booths!"
        Yeah... yeah this kid... maybe he was just as awkward as he was. After all,
        it wasn't as if Mahmud had been the friendliest child on the block. Or maybe he was projecting. Or both.

"And it was kind of like a snail shell... I wouldn't say SHAPED like one,
        but it was... everything flowed together easily. It definitely looked man-made, but flowed together so naturally... I loved it."
        So Deimos didn't like buildings too much... well... that's okay. Mahmud didn't get star-gazing too much himself, but could understand the passion behind it.

"Nah..." Muddy waived a hand at the mention of people, and gave another smile. "I mean, you're alright but... people hurt people and I don't wanna deal with that." Only half a lie. People weren't.. "People... they...
        I don't understand them. So its kinda..."
        What kind of words should he use? "... Scary." Yeah. That was going to be the best word a kid could understand. Scary. "You never know what a person is going to do... trolls are amazing, and terrible."

Gosh, talking like this as they walked actually felt kinda nice. Every once in a while, seeing Deimos's symbol shocked Mahmud into remembering that this person was, indeed, a tealblood. Someone he should be afraid of, but...
        the more he got to know him... well... he was a dork. Just a big, antisocial dork. Kinda.

"Mmm..." Truth be told, Mahmud didn't understand like, half those terms Dei was saying. Astrolabe? Is it a lab, but for astros? "That sounds pretty impressive... oh!" At the mention of Crystals, he dug into his deep pockets and pulled out a shiny blue one. "Like this!" Face brightening,
        Mahmud cradled it to show Deimos. "If its half as pretty as this... I'd wanna see it one day too." Something made him realize... oh. Oh he's been to Polair's hive. Even he hadn't been there yet... that was... disappointing. But Mahmud tried his best to swallow that down, deep down.

At least there was something they could relate to though... "Reading?
        You read too?"
        Stopping dead in his tracks, he whipped the backpack off him and started digging through it, pulling out a couple of books. "Thats why I pi--like! Polair! She's been so great to me... just look." With that Mahmud showed the younger troll all the books he brought, for just-in-case reading. There were books on Science, Philosophy... the Philosophy one seemed well worn. There was also a far more worn book on Slam Poetry. "What kind of books? If you want, you can borrow some... she shared with me, and you're her friend so... I guess I can share with you." Truth be told, Mahmud didn't quite have a lot. He wondered if Deimos even realized how precious these were to him, but... even if not, sharing knowledge was important, right?

"Oh! Unless you wanna do another booth, thats cool too..."

nepsah
CHOOCHOO prepare for longpost

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:50 am

Dei's eyes honed in on the booths in question... then widened. They were that big!? Jealous pangs cropped up as he imagined the amount of stars those telescopes could see. He wanted to use them! To see them! But... they were probably destroyed now. Or at least totally off limits. Maybe if he started saving right now he'd have enough beetles to make one when he was grown up. He looked back to Mahmud as he began explaining the buildings.

"Oh, okay. In that case then I think they must have been nice buildings." He nodded. The topic moved on to people-...he thought they hurt? He blinked, expression turning unreadable as he mulled it over. Did they hurt? Maybe, sometimes. If he wasn't careful about what he said to certain people... but for the most part they were just annoying. Then again, he supposed that might be owed partially to his blood status. "Most of the time they're annoying. Too loud, too nosy... too everything." He shrugged. Scary might be a word he'd use for aggressive people, but not... all people. "If you watch'em you can figure it out. They're not as sm--clever as they think they are." He'd started to say 'smart' but then realized they was a better word (a smarter word) to use instead.

His attention was drawn to the crystal. He focused on it, with entirely too much intensity for casual conversation, then... shrugged. "I guess, maybe? They looked like that kinda on the outside but she shined some lights on them and then they made a whole map of the sky. So maybe that one could be like them but its not right now." Blinking, the small tealblood looked back to Mahmud's face. "You should ask her to show you. I bet she would."

He quirked a skeptical brow- Mahmud had been about to say something else but he didn't want to pry. The beginning of whatever word that was didn't sound.... interesting... He looked through the books that Mahmud had brought, noting that... for the most part they were different from his usual reading but not entirely separate. "All kinds. Sometimes just stories. I like astronomy and mapmaking books best. Or..." he trailed off, debating, "astrology. Its a pseu--pseu-doh-science but its interesting to think about as if it were real. And also mystery stories - its fun to figure them out before the book ends." The offer caught him off guard-they'd just met and already Mahmud was open to sharing things? Things that were obviously special?

He liked talking to Mahmud so far, so he didn't want to offend... but at the same time, he could just... get those books himself. "Mmm... I wouldn't wanna take somethin' special." He noted the well-worn look of the books. "But... I can write down the names and get them later. I go through a lot of books 'cause I can't sleep. Do you think they have them recorded?" He looked around Polair's booth, realizing they'd pretty much done all of her activities. "If you wanna. There's a smoothie booth that lets you build fires that's kinda cool. Orrrr.... the bootcamp one, but that one is hard." He realized what he'd said a moment too late and was quick to follow it up: "but I'm trainin' to get better at it so its not that hard."

Skyli Peep

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:44 am
        Not so clever... "Mm... but that's what I realized too. The clever trolls know how to put on a good face." Trolls could pretend to be someone's friend, but be lying. They could play dumb, but have a master plan all along. "Especially midbloods, don't you think?" His comment was offhanded, but the look on his face was strange. "Not saying you. Just... in general.." Midbloods were dangerous, especially teal. Deimos was nice enough, and while he was enjoying their time together... well... it hadn't been the first time some tealblood made a relationship belly up.

"I bet its beautiful... you guys could show me what stars are what." For a moment Mahmud pondered, and then added in "I know two trolls who would love to see it too, I bet. I found out recently they are Polair's friends." As he put the books back in his bag, noting that Deimos didn't seem terribly interested, he continued to chatter. "Cerpin and Tevini. They're... nice enough". Truth be told, he couldn't really make enough excuses for his boss. As for Tevini, she was nice... to other trolls. You know. When she wasn't laughing at a certain someone during a New Sweeps party.

"Wait... they have recorded books?" Mahmud looked a little confused about that question, and then pondered on it for a bit. "Mmm... I guess that'd make sense, recording them." There was a small pause before what Deimos actually said clicked. "E-eeh?" Stunned, Mahmud was stunned. "Oh my gog, how are you functioning? Are you alright? Lets go get a smoothie! Maybe they have something that can help you sleep later... herbs and hoosie-whatsits!" Somehow he had gone from mildly insulting tealbloods to being genuinely concerned about the well-being of a small child he just met. "Bootcamp isn't going to help you one bi--- well..." Then he thought again, and furrowed his brows. "Exercise could tire someone out but... I'd really rather not see the ladies there.". Yeahno.
        Not after one of them kiiiinda hates him? Or all of them? And not in the fun way.

nepsah
TEN MILLION YEARS LATER

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:01 am

Deimos blinked. He hadn't yet really encountered anyone "lower" than him that would make comments like that- this was a first. Mahmud quickly recovered, but... His mind had already latched onto the insinuation. The question was, would he let it slide, or press on it. Not for personal insult, but for genuine wondering who Mahmud had been talking to. The other tealbloods he knew (Perore, and... sort of Hawkin) were not the type to put on faces - then again... Perore was a spy. He was taking too long to answer. "I wouldn't know. I don't know a lotta midbloods. But if they're good enough to put on a good face then its a learnin' experience." He shrugged - not quite comprehending what a particularly good face could do to a troll.

"I don't know any of Polair's friends. But that sounds nice. A group of people that wanna get to them could prolly do some actual work for it. If... anyone's a rocket scientist anyway." He frowned, humming in thought. "But yeah, we could do that. They all got names 'n everything." He stifled a yawn as Mahmud spoke more, then rubbed at his eyes.

"Uh-huh, they're nice for if you're too busy to actually read or too tired to see straight. But usually that means I gotta listen to the chapters all over again 'cause I didn't really hear them." He frowned- that was a lot of wasted time... Dei almost jumped a little at Mahmud's sudden change in behavior- was he... fretting? The small child stared at him in confusion for a few moments-- "I'm fine. I got a couple a hours a sleep this time. I'm just in a bad patch, normally I can get a couple a good days in." He waved a hand, not entirely sure he liked Mahmud's reaction. "An' they don't have any sleep-helpin' smoothies, I already looked. But I am hungry, so lets go there instead a the bootcamp one." He wanted to know why Mahmud didn't want to go there... but he'd save that for later. For now, his stomach was growling.

Skyli Peep
@ u @ i was gonna have him react to cerpin's name but it turns out, his first rp with cerpin was made after this rp, so i don't think it'd make sense in the timeline

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:05 am
        "Honestly..."

Their trip to the smoothie stand had, for the most part, gone without conversation. Partially because he was concentrating too hard on finding it in the first place. Also partially because he hoped that maybe the lack of conversation would deter his new... yeesh, what WAS Deimos? A friend? No way in he'll he'd consider a teal blood his friend. But given Dei's lack of worry about his own health, it was safe to say he needed some sort of guardianship. Yet he had a lusus, so really... but the lusus wasn't doing a very good job if Deimos was struggling to this day with sleep...

Mahmud slurped on his smoothie, trying to focus more on that than anything else.

After agonizing silence though, he just couldn't take it anymore. "So..." While they walked, Mahmud paid little attention to his surroundings, occasionally bumping into a troll or two. "Sorry--- oops-- anyways." Clearing his throat, he looked to Deimos and looked thoughtful. "For real though... I'm surprised you'd want to get a smoothie with me, after.. you know... what I said." Dei's presence surprised him even now. "I'm not exactly... I just..." Mahmud waved his hands around in front of him, as if some magic spell would grant the ability to talk without being a numbskull. "Yeah." Accomplished, clearly. Hard to believe he was a wordsmith.

"Just I feel bad, it wasn't really fair of me to say that towards people of your caste." Even if tealboods set off alarm bells, it wasn't right to say. "We're more than our color, you know?" He took another deep slurp of his smoothie. "You're pretty decent and all compared to some jokers I've met."

nepsah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:28 am

With Thypion trailing behind them the crowd wasn't too bad to get through, but Deimos still found himself having to concentrate more on not getting stepped on than the rest of their conversation. How annoying. At least Mahmud seemed to be having the same problem and the brownblood was a little older than him, too. Taller. Easier to spot. He didn't quite connect that blood status may play a part in that. As they waited for their smoothies, he watched the booth intensely. No mustard in this smoothie. Hell no.

Satisfied it was made correctly, he trailed along after Mahmud as they moved somewhere else- nearly walking right into the other boy when he bumped into someone else. The first part of his statement earned a questioning hum, both eyebrows raised as he examined Mahmud's face, then... a shrug. "You said I was okay." It was a simple reply, but honest. Why make it complicated? Unless... His eyes narrowed slightly as a frown overtook his expression.

"Unless you lied an' I'm not okay. I don't get that, since you just said it again 'n all that." Confusion was obviously settling in. Which was it? Was he untrustworthy for being midblood or okay? He glanced away, sipping on his smoothie a bit as his mind worked over the problem. "Lotta stuff says lowbloods ain't trustworthy 'cause they take stuff 'n they're lazy but I don't really get it. You didn't ask me for anythin' you offered to let me borrow your books which is... opposite a what stories say." Stories were, of course, where he picked up most of his hemospectrum learning. Riddled with stereotypes, but occasionally he got his hands on the rare story that didn't really have them. Those were his favorites.

"I dunno, I thought you were nice 'n you know Polair 'n maybe you don't know star stuff an' I don't really know buildin' stuff but you seem to kinda get really likin' a thing." He glanced back up, confidence waffling a little. "I don't really get it but if you don't want me around you should just say so 'cause I don't like it when people beat around the bush. S'just better t'say what you're really thinkin' an' get it over with."

Skyli Peep
mahmud.... so good....

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:05 am
        Caught. He was caught. Caught in his own emotions that he had been trying so hard to fight back against now that he determined that Deimos wasn't really a threat. Now it was being thrown right back in his face. Stopping in his tracks, Mahmud took a long, hard look at his little companion throughout Bloodfest.

Say what you're really thinking... Even if it meant making someone upset?

There was a moment's pause before he released his breath and ran fingers through his hair (or well, the best he could anyways). "It isn't you personally, and it is you personally. Hang on..." This wasn't a suitable environment to talk about his feelings. Not one little bit. "Come with me." Without waiting for further question, Mahmud dragged Deimos by his tiny little hand over and out of the crowd. There was a little eating area with picnic benches that he immediately plopped down on, so he could be as close to eye-level with Deimos as possible. Mahmud took a deep breath, and then proceeded to give the end-all be-all of feelings dumps right there and then.

"I don't trust tealbloods usually because one left me to die and rot in jail, and on top of that I like Polair. Like, really like Polair. So I saw you winning so much at her booth and thought that you had been cheating or something and really I guess I was just jealous because she was giving you attention and not me and I realize now that I was being a jackass but its hard to throw off stuff you learn in books and experience! Like, really hard! And now I feel like the biggest douche because you're really a pretty cool kid and I am just a toolbag who let his paranoia get the better of him and I hope you can forgive me because I've just been the biggest sack of bulges this side of Alternia and I want to get to know you better I do I just have stupid issues."

Mahmud had to stop to catch his breath after all that word vomit, but once he did he gave Dei an apologetic look.

"... You... said to say what I was thinking..."

nepsah
speed rp...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:33 am

He opened his mouth to object, that didn't make any sense- but Mahmud had taken his free hand and was tugging him through the crowd. Thypion followed behind, watching the brownblood for anything suspicious. Once he was released, Dei leveled Mahmud with an unimpressed frown - he didn't much like being touched - but didn't object immediately since Mahmud launched right into a dump. A big dump.

A bigger dump than he'd been expecting. Oh, gross, feelings, about other trolls- that was over his head. He scuffed his foot against the ground, sipping on his smoothie while he listened. He figured Mahmud was just going to keep talking even if he didn't bother to make it look like he was listening. He was, it just took a lot of energy he didn't want to waste to make himself look like it.

"Yeah I did." He nodded when Mahmud finally offered up his final statement. Now what to make of all that... "Well I wasn't cheatin' I'm just that good." He figured he might as well clear that up right then and there. The insinuation did kind of hurt though but he wasn't about to tell Mahmud that. Hell no. "Mm... I don't really care if you like Polair she's kinda like... um..." He waved a hand, thinking of the word- "a teacher. So that's that." That and Deimos was pretty sure he had more important things to do than worry about feelings. Hell no.

"You been to jail though?" He looked Mahmud over- he didn't look like the sort of person that would've been to jail. "That's kinda shitty. A that tealblood I mean. Only other tealbloods I know wouldn't do that." He shook his head. Well, he didn't know Hawkin very well honestly but something told him he wasn't the type and well... Perore was more likely to do the arresting probably? Not the same thing, either way. He shrugged again.

"I dunno, I don't think it's dumb to be cautious." He was still sort of grappling with his thoughts on the matter. But... he was inclined to believe this feelings dump over things Mahmud had said earlier. "Kinda sucks to get lumped in with someone that lame but I guess if I were you I'd prolly do the same." He trailed off, thoughtful expression turning into a grin as he zeroed his eyes in on Mahmud's face. "Guess that means you better make a reaaaaal good impression for brownbloods for me or maybe I'll be the person cuttin' 'em off 'cause a experiences."

Skyli Peep
SPEED RACERRRRR

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 pm
        Deimos... didn't hate him? It took a few moments to process that wow, even if this guy didn't get all the pieces he was willing to make an effort. Mahmud practically shone like a sunbeam: warm, bright, and in a way where if you were smart you'd know you were absolutely ******** because there was no escape. Too late. Dei had treated him with kindness, and now must suffer through Mahmud's gratitude.

"Deal. I'm gonna be the coolest brown blood you've ever met... or at least, the neatest Mahmud." That's was a far more manageable tasks seeing as there was only one! "Now." He said, standing up from his seat. "This doesn't mean I'm going easy on you at any of the booths. You just that good? Put your money where your mouth is."

As he walked off with Deimos he was smiling, a complete 180 to how he went in meeting this little boy. Funny, how getting to know someone could help a guy realize it really was the troll inside and not their blood that made them. Now it looked like Mahmud was Deimos' tag-along...

And he looked forward to every minute hanging out with him.

nepsah
fin!

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces