Recently their were two special Anime movie events. Both the Sword Art Online movie - Ordinal Scale, and the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie - The Darkside of Dimensions. They came out in theaters in both the United States and Canada.

I was able to see the Yu-Gi-Oh! movie but unfortunately not the Sword Art Online movie. It was a great joy for me to see an Anime movie on the big screen for the first time. They did a great job with the new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie and I got a limited edition card - Obelisk The Tormentor - at the theater.

I think that it's great that they are starting to do limited release movie screenings of Anime movies in theaters again. This is in addition to a lot of Video Game based movies that have come out as well. Coming soon their is going to be a full scale release live action movie based on the Ghost in the Shell Anime series. I can't wait to see that one.

I was wondering if anyone in the Guild has seen either the Yu-Gi-Oh! or Sword Art Online movies in the theater and what you thought of them.