Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
Inspiration in the Outfield (Sandlot Bambino x Dark Water) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:39 pm
“It takes the shine off of your face,” Dark Water said pointedly. She dusted her hooves together, then pat them gently against the ground to rid herself of as much charcoal residue as possible. It was hard to tell, with her hooves being similarly dark. “The sun won’t reflect into your eyes as much.”

She glanced over her shoulder at the rest of his team, waiting in their positions on the diamond. With a nod of her head, Dark Water glanced to Sandlot Bambino. “Give it a try. See if you hit better.”  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:39 pm
“Oh! Wait! So this is what they all wear? Charcoal?” And by they, Bambino meant all the sports players he’d seen with black rectangles under their eyes. He’d seen it countless times but always saw it more as some pro-mark rather than a way to keep the light out of his eyes.

“Mm! Alright, let’s see what this can do!” He smiled brightly and as quick as he could Bambino soared back onto the plate. He had a few more minutes to warm up. Now was the time to see if Dark Water’s plan worked.

Bambino didn’t even have to ask for one as a teammate handed him a bat. “Okay….let’s see if we can beat the sun.” The pegasus muttered under his breath as he took his stance. He readied his bat, stared down the pitcher, and...the ball launched towards him.

Even with the sun beating down on them Bambino could still see the ball as it flew in the air. No longer was a horrid beam of light blinding him! He could see! He could see without his hat! And he could see that the ball was dangerously close to missing his bat.

“Oh jeez!” Bambino hollered as he swung mightily.

CRACK!

The ball smashed against his bat and was sent sailing across the diamond and over the wall. It was a homerun!! Even if it was a warmup for the game Bambino still dropped his bat and raced around the bases. He hit the ball!! He wasn’t going to lose this game now!! He’d done it!

Wait. She did it!

Bambino zipped back to Dark Water in a matter of seconds with a big dopey smile sitting pretty on his face. “You did it!!”

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:41 pm
Bambino’s questions brought one of Dark Water’s eyebrows higher. She didn’t answer verbally, only gave a slow shake of her head that turned into a roll of her eyes as the colt hurried off to bat. It was a good thing he hurried off when he did, too, or else Dark Water might have taken more pains to hide the amused half-smile he gave her.

She watched from a safer location, this time -- behind the batting cage where the likelihood of a rogue ball hitting her was almost zero. She wasn’t about to take any chances but supposed she ought to make room for the possibility that the universe might just want her to get struck by a ball flying at over forty miles per hour. You just never know with these things.

Her eyes stayed focused on the scene at hand, brows furrowed harshly when the ball seemed far too close to her new acquaintance. She closed her eyes, not quite a flinch, just as the bat made thunderous contact. When she opened them again, the ball was nowhere in sight. Instead, there was one phony yipping and galloping toward her. Dark Water took what few precious seconds she had to collect herself in quiet repose and nodded when Bambino confirmed the success of her little experiment.

“Good,” she lifted her chin. “That works for this game, then. I can make something better, for another time. It’s not supposed to be charcoal.” Dark Water lifted a hoof to her chin and pondered. “If I can make it into a grease or paste it should be more effective… Anyway, it should be even better with your hat on.”  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:42 pm
Bambino laughed and whirled around in absolute glee. When he came to a stop his sparkle eyes were all a glimmer and glow, “I’ll use whatever you make! You kick serious butt at this, ya know? You can be like...my uh...makeup artist? My mom has one of those for her show so I could totally use you for games!” Did they have those in games? He never saw one before but maybe it could be a new thing.

If he was going to do this for the rest of his life Bambino was not going to cut corners. He was aiming for the stars and would do whatever it took to be successful. “Thanks again, Dark Water. I’m going to help win this game! I’ll hit a homerun for you, okay?” It was one of the best ways a batter could say thanks, right? “You really saved my butt today.”

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:44 pm
The enthusiasm of Bambino’s actions and words gave her pause; they weren’t so full of energy that she was put off, like many she had found, but the way he bumbled through his sentence and still managed to sound sure of himself was - amusing, if nothing else. His compliment was another story, and Dark Water found herself taken aback.

“You would want someone like that for every game?” Here she had been, thinking she could just teach him how to do it and he could take care of it himself, but now that wasn’t so. It wasn’t though he couldn’t do it on his own, that just wasn’t even on his radar, and while that confused Dark Water it also brought a strange humble feeling to her center that was soon replaced with something more sturdy, even if it was mild: determination.

Her brows rose, and she adjusted her posture. “Well,” she glanced to the field and all of Sandlot Bambino’s expectant teammates, then back to him with a muted smile, “now you have to. I’ll be waiting.”

Even if she wasn’t much for these types of games, she supposed they had their uses -- and they had a use for her, too. It was hard to admit, but she wanted to see how good of a game he really played.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:52 pm
“Just stay and watch! Soon I’ll make history as the best baseball batter in all of phonyland!” Bambino’s spoke confidently, “So keep your eyes on me.”

He winked at Dark Water and before she could roll his eyes he was off to play ball! The umpire and opposing team had arrived as a large crowd filled the stands. Everyone was ready! Bambino felt a renewed dose of excitement and thrill coursing through his blood as he practiced drills with his teammates.

He was a champion just like his father and mother. It may be a long rough road ahead, but he was determined to leave his mark in the hall of fame. There was no doubt in Bambino’s mind. He belonged on the baseball diamond with fans cheering his name.

Sandlot Bambino! Sandlot Bambino! Such a beautiful sound. One day Bambino would hear it echo through a sold out ballpark with him standing triumphantly on home plate.

As the game began Bambino searched for Dark Water. Upon spotting her, thankfully a safe distance away, he shouted her name. “Dark Water! This is for you!!”

Swimming in a euphoric high the young colt took his turn at bat. He ground his hooves into the ground, clutched the bat, and even as he sun shone brightly down on him it did not obstruct his view. Bambino watched the pitcher take his mound, move through his stance, and launch a curveball. There was no faltering or second guessing as Bambino swung.

CRACK! The sound of his bat connecting with the baseball was music to his ears. This was what Sandlot Bambino lived for. This was his life’s purpose.

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:54 pm
E N D

Sandlot Bambino discovered his purpose in life!
Baseball

Dark Water discovered her purpose in life!
Cosmetics

My Little Phony

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces