Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
🎀 Efficient Gold Earning Methods Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:28 am
If you're looking for ways to make enough gold that competes with inflation and allows you to actually buy some things, it's likely all you're finding so far are methods that either cost real money, include outdated information, have a small payout, or they take significant time, skill, or luck.

I've found that a lot of the best gold-making methods are usually found by experimenting with potentially unorthodox ideas, so a lot of what I list below will probably be relatively original information.

As of right now, the only methods I'm including are those with the likely potential to pay out millions of gold in the span of a few minutes (though some methods may need to be set up first), and take minimal to no time, skill, luck, or money. I'm also avoiding listing methods that I believe will make inflation worse. It eliminates a lot of options, but I've managed to find a few methods that fit most or all of my criteria. Most of these methods involve selling items in the Marketplace, so a Trading Pass will usually be required, but after the three day waiting period for new accounts, you can buy them for 500 gold. Any method involving selling items should ideally allow for the items to sell within a few days or less.

If you want to help prevent inflation from getting worse, then not only should you avoid buying gold generators (Chance Items that give out gold instead of items), but when selling items in the Marketplace (which these methods will probably involve), it would help if you make sure the Gcash Purchasable button is unchecked. It's currently checked by default, so you'd have to get in the habit of unchecking it every time you list an item in the Marketplace. In case you're not sure why it should be unchecked, this option can effectively function as a gold generator on its own, if a buyer chooses to use that option. The Gaia Cash the buyer spends on the item will not be sent to the seller, so you shouldn't think of it as a way to get free Gaia Cash. The seller will still get the same amount of gold either way, but the buyer gets to keep their gold if they spend Gaia Cash to get it. Taxes are still applied to the sale as usual, but the gold sent to the seller will be generated out of nowhere.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:53 am
Daily Chance
Requirements: Accounts Settings have Daily Chance option checked.

The Daily Chance carts are spread out across the site, some of which are hard to find. There are a total of 9 Daily Chance carts, and if you bookmark the direct links to them, you can put them in a folder, right-click the folder, and select to open all of them at once, and they can all be drawn in just a few seconds. BetterGaia does something similar with their Draw All feature. These are the Daily Chance links:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/dailycandy/pretty/?action=issue&list_id=1
http://www.gaiaonline.com/dailycandy/pretty/?action=issue&list_id=2
http://www.gaiaonline.com/dailycandy/pretty/?action=issue&list_id=3
http://www.gaiaonline.com/dailycandy/pretty/?action=issue&list_id=4
http://www.gaiaonline.com/dailycandy/pretty/?action=issue&list_id=5
http://www.gaiaonline.com/dailycandy/pretty/?action=issue&list_id=8
http://www.gaiaonline.com/dailycandy/pretty/?action=issue&list_id=12
http://www.gaiaonline.com/dailycandy/pretty/?action=issue&list_id=1271
http://www.gaiaonline.com/dailycandy/pretty/?action=issue&list_id=1279

The main items you want will be GoFusion charms (and inks, if you get them), which you can sell in the Marketplace for a decent price. They're more common from yellow Daily Chance carts, so you'll need to log in consistently to turn the usually red Daily Chance carts to yellow.

Notes:
If you log in frequently enough, the Daily Chance carts turn from red to yellow and give out much better prizes. On average, I'll receive a few million gold on the yellow carts, as long as I collect all of them, but the GoFusion charms are more valuable than the gold it gives out, and can sell for considerable amounts in the Marketplace.

If opening the Daily Chance carts in tabs, you can close all of the tabs once they're partially loaded (I wait until the tabs stop saying "Connecting..." and they change to say "Gaia Online" before I close them using the Ctrl-W keyboard shortcut), and they'll still count as being drawn that day. I don't wait to check what the prizes are, since just waiting for each tab to load enough to tell me what I won makes the whole process seem like it takes 10 times longer. Usually, you'll just get gold, various cheap items, inks, bugs, trash, flowers, and GoFusion charms. You can check my list of Daily Chance items to see what you're most likely to get.

One of the Daily Chance carts is labeled "Mobile App" on BetterGaia, and I would guess the link to it is on Gaia's mobile app, but if their survey results are any indication, most people won't be seeing this.

Kangit
Crew

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:54 am
Lake Kindred
Requirements: The ability to play Lake Kindred.

Playing through various areas of Lake Kindred can get you decent items and gold, but there's also a simpler method that doesn't even require you to leave your home base. The Kins at your home base give you gifts every 24 hours. You can have up to 5 Kins on your team at a time, each giving you one gift. If you don't already have 5 Kins on your team, you may want to buy some cheaper Kins in the Marketplace to fill up the spots, since the gifts can often be more valuable than the cost of the Kin itself.

The main things in the gifts are gold, various Kindred potions (some of which sell for decent amounts), and certain Chance Items. I've made a list of items that your Kins often give you as gifts here, sorted by frequency.

The Chance Items are usually the most valuable, and can be surprisingly common. I've found 4 different Chance Items show up pretty consistently, all of which are currently worth more than a billion gold, most being at least a few billion. The Chance Items are Layers of Rainbows, A Touch of EVERYTHING, Big ol’ BBQ, and Summer Daydream. I've personally found it worth it to just open them and resell the items inside, rather than selling the CI itself, but being a CI, it's always a gamble.

Notes:
The rarity, level, and Marketplace value of a Kin all seem irrelevant to the value of the gifts they give out, so you can buy a level 1 Kin for 1,000g in the Marketplace, and it'll still give out items worth millions or billions of gold.

You can get gifts from your Kins every 24 hours from your home base. The 24 hours isn't like the Daily Chance, which resets at a predetermined time, but acts more like a 24 hour timer that only resets once you click on it. The timer also resets if you swap Kins on your team.

Click on a Kin to see if it has a little pink and yellow gift, then click the gift, and it'll instantly grant you the gold or item inside. You can get more rewards by winning a battle or leveling up your Kin, but they don't seem to be based on the same prizes as the gifts, and can be better or worse.

If you get a Kin egg as a reward for battling, leveling up, etc. (I haven't seen one show up as a Kin gift), you can put the new Kin on your team for an extra free daily gift, use them in battle, or if you find a more valuable Kin, can sell it for billions of gold each in the Marketplace. The common ones you're more likely to get can be much cheaper in the Marketplace, so you can just keep them, or even just buy them yourself if you need more Kins and don't want to wait for a Kin egg to drop (even common ones can be relatively rare, but they don't sell for much).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:55 am
Collect Wing Stickers
Requirements: N/A

Collect Wing Stickers whenever there's an event that has them. Depending on what you spend them on in The Treehouse, I'm estimating that the value of the stickers is currently between 300 million and 2 billion gold each if you specifically buy and sell Grombie 2k13 Potion Stage 3s. They cost 30 stickers each, and can sell in the Marketplace between 10 and 60 billion gold. The Halloween 2k12 Light/Medium/Dark Vampire Potions are also similar in value (but often slightly less so), but they only cost 20 stickers each.

Notes:

Wing Stickers are a once-daily item grant (like the Daily Chance) that only tend to show up during events. Usually, you'll have to click on an image or animated GIF that shows up in the header that will link to the event page with the sticker somewhere on the page. These can be really easy to forget or miss if you aren't actively involved in the events. If you suddenly see any new images or animated GIFs show up in the header, you should check to see if they lead to a Wing Sticker. If it doesn't, you shouldn't need to check that particular link again. But if it does have one, you should try to remember to check back again the next day to see if there's a new one.

If you collect enough Wing Stickers, you can buy items in The Treehouse. A few items in particular that are exclusive to The Treehouse can be sold in the Marketplace for a large amount of gold.

So far, the best item to buy and resell in the Marketplace seems to be the Grombie 2k13 Potion Stage 3 which can be bought for 30 Wing Stickers each, and currently, you can usually sell the stage 3 potions between 10 and 60 billion gold each. That means the value of each individual Wing Sticker can be worth between 300 million and 2 billion gold each if you only buy that item and manage to save up enough to buy it. Despite what you might think, stage 3 is the cheapest of the Grombie potions, but it still seems to be the most valuable of the three, especially when compared to the similarly colored and more expensive stage 5.

The Halloween 2k12 Light/Medium/Dark Vampire Potions are also pretty comparable to a Grombie 2k13 Potion Stage 3. They're slightly less valuable than a Grombie 2k13 Potion Stage 3, but they only cost 20 stickers each, and they're close enough in value that it may be worth it if you can't or don't want to wait to get a full 30 stickers.

You may not be able to gather 30 (or even 20) Wing Stickers during a single event, even if you collect them every day. You may have to consistently collect them every day through multiple events to get enough for one potion.

Feel free to experiment and check if you can find anything with a higher Wing Sticker to gold ratio. I've already looked through them all, and as of September 1, 2016, those were the best ones I've found.

Kangit
Crew

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:55 am
Philosopher's Caches
Requirements: 1 or more Philosopher's Caches or 50,000+ gold (5,000,000+ recommended)

Gold Philosopher’s Caches can sell for about 100 million gold in the Marketplace. So far, I usually manage to get somewhere between 6 and 10 gold Philosopher's Caches in a 100 pack of regular Philosopher's Caches, which you can buy for 5 million gold in The Bifrost. You can also get them in singles for just 50,000 gold. Pretty much any (if not all) of the various Philosopher's Cache colors (Gold, Ruby, Amethyst, zOMG, etc.) that you can get from a Philosopher's Cache sells for more than the original Philosopher's Cache. I don't bother picking a component, since it will probably make it slower to sell.

Notes:
Buy Philosopher's Caches from The Bifrost, open them, and go to the Marketplace and sell the resulting caches without selecting an item. Some aren't worth the time, effort, and Marketplace slots to try and sell (such as zOMG!, Emerald, etc.), so it would probably be more time and money efficient to donate those to Dumpster Dive. You can donate to Dumpster Dive in bulk, but selling them has to be done individually.

The most valuable Philosopher's Cache colors currently seems to be Gold, followed by Ruby, Amethyst, and Topaz. For the ones that are less valuable, you can decide if they're worth your time to sell. With the exception of zOMG! and Emerald, all of them are currently worth way more than the Philosopher's Caches you originally bought. On average, I usually end up getting around 7 Gold caches in a pack of 100 Philosopher's Caches. Selling a single Philosopher's Cache: Gold in the Marketplace will (if you price them around the average, and not significantly below it) make up the cost of buying a 100 pack (or a 1000 pack, for that matter).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:56 am
Reserved  

Kangit
Crew

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:58 am
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:58 am
Reserved  

Kangit
Crew

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:00 am
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:01 am
Reserved  

Kangit
Crew

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:09 am
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:10 am
Reserved  

Kangit
Crew

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:12 am
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:14 am
Reserved  

Kangit
Crew

Kangit
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:15 am
Reserved  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games