A Tale of Two Herds - Basket Contest - Winner pg2 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:32 pm
User Image

Hello! Welcome to the Bio contest held by myself and She-Ra. This contest will run a little differently from others. Why? Because both parents belong to exclusive herds. What that means to you is that you will be choosing which herd to join.

Starts: Now
Ends: 8/31/16 - 11pm est (Closes even if we're not here to do so)

The basket you are trying for

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:33 pm
Rules

- This contest is open to everyone!
- Don’t guilt trip anyone.
- Follow ToS and the Soquili shop rules!
- While we can't require you to RP, it is preferred.
- The baby must remain in the herd. No exceptions.

LunaRei_SilverBlood

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:40 pm
About the parents

User Image

Stormy Night was born and raised in Fiamma Eterna and is probably one of the lesser known / seen members. Since foalhood she always had a keen interest in the stars and seemed better then most at tracking the constellations. So the mare travels the lands tracking and mapping out the stars for the herd. This will often keep her away from the herd's home for long period of time.

And this is how she met Freyr. She wandered into the DreamWalker Herd lands and met the stallion. After leaving it was some time before she realized she was pregnant and sent her companion, Hidden Star to the Dreamwalker herd lands to deliver the message to Freyr. Stormy would always love all her children but it was only right that Freyr was able to parent his foal(s). So once the baskets arrived, she would leave one (Or two) for him to take into his herd.

Luna's Basket; staying in Fiamma Eterna

User Image

User Image
Freyr hasn't had the easiest life. Born outside the Dreamwalker herd, he had been a happy foal until a vicious beast (Purewalker) attacked his family, killing his parents and sending him on the run. It was by luck, and some help from the Oneiroi, that the colt stumbled into the Dreamwalker territory. The transition was not easy, for he had to be prayed into reality to become one with the herd, and as a scared foal it was hard to accept that he wasn't real - but a dream creature - until that happened. Once real again, he was adopted by Ramiel, the herds Guardian, and quickly adjusted to his new life. Freyr has since become a brother to Ramiel and Phasianidae's children and embraced his role within the herd as a Collector, though perhaps one day he will persue a different path.

Freyr hadn't planned on having kids with a dream creature (Stormy Night), after all it's taboo for the herd. However, mistakes happen and while the herd is disappointed with him, they know he is young and bound to make mistakes now and then. So he has been given some leeway in this transgression and any child of his that comes to the herd will be welcome, loved and raised to be a proper worshiper of the Oneiroi.

She-Ra's basket; will be brought to the pass for Freyr to take into his herd.

User Image

The Herds
Okay so the herds both have a lot of information and are linked below so that you can read through them

The DreamWalker Herd

Fiamma Eterna - The Guiding Light Herd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 pm
The Form

[align=center][size=18][b]THIS IS MY TALE[/b][/size][/align]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Pony Name:[/b] (Male / Female)
[b]Temper:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Herd choice:[/b] (Mandatory and can not be changed later)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Tell what your pony would be like)
[b]Plot Ideas:[/b]

LunaRei_SilverBlood

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:43 pm
Reserved just in case  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:45 pm
And opened!  

LunaRei_SilverBlood

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:33 pm
THIS IS MY TALE

Username: AstoriaFallen
Pony Name: Fjölnir (Fiolnir) "Manifold" or "Multiplier" (m) -is the son of Freyr in Norse Mythology- / Alkina "Moon" (f)
Temper: Omit please
Herd choice: Fiamma, mainly because I have one in the Dreamwalker Herd already and I have a custom in to the Dreamwalkers as well that I can get. XD
Personality:
Fiolnir: He is going to be one of those foals that flip flops in age. He's going to be rather meek and timid as a foal, often wanting to follow his mother around and gaze at the stars with her, while she's within the herds lands. He'll likely do that for most of his foal hood and dream of being a Star Tracker like his mother. He will be a ghost to the rest of the herd since he will likely never be seen much by them and he'll be a little socially awkward. Whenever he reaches adolescence things will change. He'll stop following his mother around and no longer find joy in watching the stars or tracking them. It's not that he'll find it beneath him, he just realized he wasn't meant to follow in his mothers hoof prints. He'll start training himself to be strong and quick witted and aspire to be a protector for the herd. He will finally open up from his meek and awkward stage and be more into what is going on with the herd. He'll start to socialize a lot more and eventually be a completely different colt than he was as a foal. He'll still have a small desire to look at the stars from time to time, but they will no longer be his life or his goal. As an Adult he will be strong and confident. He'll take his duty seriously and do what he can to ensure nothing happens to those within the Herd, or those passing by it.

Alkina: Will be a very curious foal and take a quick fascination to flowers and herbs, wanting to know their medicinal qualities. She'll be a bit of a social butterfly, and want to be well known among the herd members so she can remember who is who within their lands. She'll occasionally stay with her mother and watch the stars with her from time to time, but most of the time she'll collect things and experiment with them. She'll likely ask her mother or another herd member to help teach her about medicines and if they cannot ask that they bring someone here that can teach her so when she's older she can step into the role of Shaman/Healer for the herd. She'll be confident from a young age and have a good sense of direction for the path she wishes to walk in life. As an adolescent she'll be even more sure of herself but she'll never flaunt her knowledge or act in a manner that would shame herself or her family. She has the highest respect for herself and her mother and sibling and wouldn't want anything to compromise that. As an adult she'll likely be a little unsure when it comes to her first few patients when it comes to healing, and it will likely affect her personality and make her doubt herself. Especially if she accidentally gives someone the wrong thing. She will however learn from her mistakes and continue to grow on from them.

Plot Ideas:
Fiolnir: I would like for him to have some rps with his mother where they do some star gazing and mapping. He'll want to know what each one means, if there is a meaning that is, and what they represent.
Fiolnir will likely never ask their mother about their father, but perhaps one night while he's with her she brings him up so he listens.
During his adolescent years something happens to the Herd and someone attacks perhaps? (I have a walker that would be more than willing to do this) This just ensures his want to become a protector even more and I wouldn't mind if he was involved in the incident in someway. Like he wasn't strong enough to do anything and someone got hurt so he makes it his life mission to become strong and reliable.
Eventually I would like for him to have a love plot. Be it a fling or mate plot. It's way to early to decide on how that's going to go.

Alkina: I would like for her to have a rp with her mother where she asks her about their father and what he was like. She'll want to know a bit about him but she won't push the issue very much.
Shaman/Healer training. I would like for her to have some rps where she learns about different plants and what they can be used for. I would like for there to be someone in the herd to do this with, but having to bring in someone from a neighboring herd works well too! She'll be glad to learn all she can!
Friends in trouble. She will be sent to a neighboring herd to help heal some others. Perhaps something goes wrong and she forgets what she was supposed to bring. I would like for her to have several rps where she is used for her healing. I would like for them to go good and a few to go south a little lol. Character development is crucial XD
Like mother like daughter? On one of her trips to help a neighboring herd she becomes pregnant. Is that how foals happen? She'll be devastated a little bit but overall enjoy being a mother, even if she felt as though she wasn't old enough for it yet.

That's all I can think of for now.

Thank you for the opportunity!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:06 am
THIS IS MY TALE

Username: ProphetOfProfit
Pony Name: Virgo for a male or female child.
Temper: I will have it omitted from the cert. If I did have to choose a temper word I would say Precise.
Herd choice: this was a TOUGH question as both herds have captured my interest for a looooong time but eventually I settled on The Fiamma Eterna.
Personality:
Virgo is in a word extremely precise in all matters. Not in a way that you would relate to having OCD but in the way that he does everything exactly as he plans putting fourth no more effort than what is absolutely needed. His words, and actions are conducted with precision that could put even the most acclaimed surgeon to shame. This is done less out of a tedious need for perfection however and more out of a desire to only do something once. To the laymen he might just seem extremely lazy. However that is not the case. Virgo
suffers from a bordering on extreme case of hypersomnia. Basically it's a condition where he never gets enough sleep no matter how much he has. Requiring almost double what the average soq might need and still feeling like he pulled an "all nighter" so to speak.
To be sure this makes him a poor conversationalist, but on the other hand what he lacks in social skill he more than makes up for in analytical prowess. His memory is bar none and rarely does he make an error in calculation or measurement. Making him an excellent herbalist and maybe one day in the distant future an unofficial adviser.

Plot Ideas:
Due to his sleepy nature I can see a lot of interesting plots mostly as an adult.
-I would like to see him attempting to figure out his role in the herd as a foal. Trying and failing at a few tasks that aren't suited to his nature. Then eventually taking an apprenticeship under herbalist and discovering he has a knack for it.
-herb gathering would be a great way for him to go out and meet others.
-helping his mother and sharing her passion for constellations.
-he could find a tincture that would help give him more pep aka energy but would alter his personality in a less than stellar way. Perhaps it could get him into trouble.  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:28 am
THIS IS MY TALE

Username: Fatal Irony
Pony Name: New Moon (for either gender - will use "he" in personality and plots below)
Temper: Lost
Herd choice: Dreamwalker
Personality:

As a foal Moon is somewhat confused, feeling lost in a herd of much grander creatures. The way he sees it, everyone who was prayed into being had such higher purposes and grand designs. He feels a bit overwhelmed by the expectations levied on him for having been prayed into reality. He knows he was created from a dream-mare, someone not truly alive and he sometimes worries he's still stuck in the dreamworld. He spends his foalhood following the prominent figures around and trying out their roles to see what he's supposed to be doing. He feels that he needs to find his destiny as soon as possible (though generally he fails at every task, making him feel more lost.)

Confidence finds him in adulthood, when he finally accepts that he is NOT trapped in the dreamworld, and that his purpose doesn't need to be something grand. He discovers his love of teaching and uses his experiences as a lost foal to guide the youth of the herd as a Shepherd. It's a simple life, but one that fulfills New Moon in a way he never expected.

Plot Ideas:

As a foal:
Moon is always getting under hoof, annoying everyone in the herd as he tries to "help" them with their tasks - usually to disastrous results.

New Moon also will spend some time sneaking off to hang out with the "dreams" - trying to figure out how to tell the difference between dreams and reality to assuage his fears about being a dream himself.

As an Adult:
Moon doesn't find his calling right away. First he feels pressure for him to be a Champion, though he fails miserably in combat. He tries his hardest, but after repeated failures perhaps someone takes him aside and suggests another path to him.

He takes some time before trying out becoming a Shepherd (in fact, becoming a shepherd doesn't cross his mind - he considers becoming a gatherer first) and goes on something of a soul-searching journey to find himself. It is on this journey and his interactions with others that he discovers he enjoys talking about the herd and their beliefs, and how much he loves molding the minds of others. On his return he is confident and happy to fall into his own place.

Plenty more plots will come as well, but these are the first to come out. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:40 am
THIS IS MY TALE

Username: Celestial Requiem
Pony Name: Guiding Light (for either gender)
Temper: Troublesome
Herd choice: Dreamwalkers
Personality: Guiding Light has always liked the thought of being a half-dream, floating somewhere between the Dream Realm and reality. Because of this they want more than anything to be a link between the two worlds- helping dreams become real, and showing those who are real the wonders they see in the Dream Realm. Unfortunately, they don't often think things through all the way and don't realize the consequences their actions have until it's too late. They genuinely care about the well-being of the herd and truly believe in the Oneiroi and the gifts they've given the herd. But they also believe their mother was a dream for a reason and that reason is somehow connected to their purpose in life.

When not distracted by fantasies of their role in life, Guide is very dedicated to any task given to them. They will always get the job done, but usually not without a couple mishaps of varying levels of disastrous along the way. In spite of who their mother is, the Dreamwalkers are their family and they want to do everything they can to help. Their mood is usually upbeat and positive, not letting much bring them down. And should another member appear upset, Guide will always offer their counsel- though their words of wisdom aren't the most helpful at times. Overall, Guide tries to give assistance whenever they can, they're just not as helpful as they'd like to think they are.

Plot Ideas:
-Guide spends a little too much time in the mists around the herd. Mostly marveling at the smaller dream creatures. But when other Soquili show up- and aren't immediately threatening -they lead them towards the herd in the hopes that the newcomers can be made real. Sometimes it works, and other times things don't go so well...

-As a young adult Guide sneaks off and disappears for a couple weeks. Their fascination has over-ruled their better judgement. Adventure ensues. They might even find a dream creature they take a particular liking to (not intended to be a breeding, just more like an infatuation- something to draw them back to the Dream Realm a few more times). Eventually they return to the herd. How the others feel about this little trip could bring on other plot ideas.

-Their time in the Dream Realm has only strengthened the desire to be a "bridge" between the two realms. Guide continues to subtly lead dream creatures towards the herd. But not everyone they encounter has the best intentions. They bring a Nightmare to the herd and put everyone in danger.

-The Nightmare has left Guide with a lot of thinking to do. Their actions could have (or possibly did) end very badly. They have to come to terms with the fact that they can't be a bridge between reality and the Dream Realm any more. They will likely decide they're a danger to the herd or that they just don't belong and leave (don't worry, they'll be back).

-Guide wanders around the Kawani lands totally lost with no idea what to do with themself. Eventually they come across the Fiamma Eterna herd and spend some quality time with Stormy Night and their sibling. It's nice, but they begin to get quite homesick. In spite of all their screw ups, Guide begins to understand that the Dreamwalkers is really where they belong.

-Guide returns to the Dreamwalkers, significantly more subdued than when they left. They spend a lot of time focusing on finding their place within the herd, testing out different roles with other herd members showing them the ropes. What role they decide to pick up will depend on what really clicks well with them. (I'm genuinely not sure what role they'll take on at this point. It'll kinda depend on what experiences they have outside of the herd and while they're being trained.)  

Celestial Requiem
Crew

Wilderness Witch

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:49 pm
THIS IS MY TALE

Username: belloblossom
Pony Name: Libra (for either gender)
Temper: Sincere
Herd choice: Dreamwalkers
Personality: For a great length of time during their life, Libra will feel uncertain about where they came from. When they first pop from their basket and are taught about the ways of the herd, it'll be fine and dandy. They'll take to it like a natural, but their mind will become clouded when they get older and they start too pick up on whispers and the odd side looks given to them by their peers. When they go inquiring after their father and find out their origins, it'll confuse them. They had thought they were part of the herd, up until this point, prayed into existence like anyone else, but when they find out that their mother was a dream creature they become immeasurably confused.

Dream creatures aren't real, so how could they truly be? They don't even have the mark of Oneroi of the moon on their flank like their sibling. Libra's seriously feeling like the odd one out. They start seeking out more detailed information about the dream creatures, asking their Shepherd, their father, even approaching the Oracles to inquire about where they came from. Without finding sufficient or satisfactory information, they seek it out on their own and,start standing closer to the mists surrounding the herd and further away from the borders. However, rather than go into the mist, they encounter a dream creature on the borders and come to the conclusion that they aren't willing to abandon their beliefs in the herd and within themselves in order to explore a realm that is obviously not for them.

Libra returns to the herd lands and once again seek out the Oracles, asking for a prayer chant they could recite to wash away any of their doubts and allow themself to become cleansed and return to their happiness in being a part of reality. In the next Forgiveness Ceremony, they apologize to all they had troubled in their time of self-doubt and pray to the gods for forgiveness too. It is here that they finally feel at peace and are ready to start making their life in the herd.
Plot Ideas:
Dream Creatures - Either a foal or young adult plot, I want it to be another player Libra interacts with when they go out along the herd borders. Maybe it is a Soquili that wants to join the herd, or maybe it is one that is simply curious about the strange pony standing in the mist. Either way, it will be a life-changing/affirming experience for Libra and I would prefer it not be a solo RP with an npc.

Sibling Rivalry - When Libra returns to their place in the herd, they will feel a little distant from their father and sibling. After all, they didn't have a big freak out and inner trauma like Libra did, or if they did, they didn't show it. Now wanting to be present again, Libra tries to approach their sibling in friend sincerity, but it ends up coming out teasingly and a rivalry to constantly be better than their sibling is suddenly born as well as the desire to prove themselves not only to their family, but the rest of the herd is well and show them that they no longer doubt what reality is and what it isn't.

Pray It Away! - Libra, since they start prayer chants to dissuade their doubts, find they are good at memorizing chants and prayers. While they were originally thinking of becoming a Collector like their father, now they are starting to dream of a greater purpose. After all the interaction they had with the Oracles when they were younger, maybe it was the gods telling them their destiny lay with the Oracles and joining their ranks! The journey to become an Oracle begins here.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:14 pm
THIS IS MY TALE

Username: ABVirus
Pony Name: (Male / Female) Cosimio (star)
Temper: scholarly
Herd choice: Dreamwalker
Personality: Cosimio is devout and believes in the dream realm with absolute faith. the soq is devout to make up for a part of themselves that pulls to the other side of the mist and the land of dream creatures and nightmares. they spent their entire life in the herd and have never left, yet by birthright, knows there is more than the dream. This manifests in a intense scholarly interest with dream creatures and the mist.
Plot Ideas: Cosimio would aspire to become an oracle, and on that road, would find path of the shepherd. They would teach many subjects, but their main speciation would be focused on dream creatures: their natures, how to tell them apart and related theological quarries. They would also keep a secret research log on nightmares in specific. logging occurrences and traits, including strengths and weakness'. The goal being to better understand the gods through the trials they send. This goes on through adulthood, the interest turning into full blown obsession.
--
What happens when one of their students inevitably stumbles onto this research? Will the shepherd find a helper on the road to becoming an oracle? ...or (more likely) will the student freak out, and tell many others, causing Cosimio to lose their teaching role for it? only time will tell.  

ABVirus

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:05 pm
THIS IS MY TALE

Username: Kaya Wolf Moon
Pony Name: Dellingr (male)/ Valkyrie (female)
Temper: Guardian
Herd choice: Fiamma Eterna. I chose this one because a) I enjoy the idea of the herd and b) I have a Soq in the Dreamwalker herd.
Personality: Dellingr is as the dawning sun. He is warm and radiant. His very essence is like that of the morning sun, bringing light into the darkness. To bring peace to those tormented souls. To guide them away from their destruction with his own inner flame. Dellingr has known this to be his purpose in life since he was young.

Of course, Dellingr is like any other. He has his own demons that he must face from time to time. That is his strength though. Instead of giving in, instead of letting go and allowing his darkest fears to consume him, he faces them in battle and wages war until he stands victorious. But he does not stand alone. Dellingr has no qualms with relying on his friends and family when he is in such times of need. They are his outer strength- the tinder to his flame. By showing his weaknesses, his vulnerabilities, Dellingr shows the true meaning of never giving up. His gentle spirit shining brilliantly.
Plot Ideas: So I’m not the greatest at plotting beforehand. But I gave it my best shot. Also, I tend to pick a gender and write from that perspective. So I wrote these from the male, Dellingr’s, point of view here. Hope that’s okay.

1. A Whole New World- Dellingr is but a foal. He is new to this world, having freshly popped. There are many different sights and sounds that greet him and the little one is uncertain. What is this place and why are there so many other sounds than what he heard from the confines of his basket? How do these larger creatures relate to him?

2. I’ll Be Right Here- As a foal, Dellingr is always bright and happy. He doesn’t have a care in the world. Some of his friends think he’s weird. Nobody can stay that happy, right? But Dellingr has a different view on the world. One that he decides it’s time to share with someone after they’ve had a terrible day.

3. The Lights We Burn- The time has come. Dellingr is close to moving from foalhood to adulthood. All that is needed is for him to take part in the Lantern Ceremony. As the time draws near, Dellingr finds himself both excited and nervous. He knows what his purpose is in life. Or, at least, he believes he knows. But he can’t help but to have doubts. It wasn’t his place to tell the spirits what his life purpose should be. What if they have something else in mind for him? What would he do? Why, he would face the dilemma head on as usual.

4. Two Roads- After the Lantern Ceremony, Dellingr finds himself at a bit of a loss. His flame is a dual color- an oddity even unto the herd. Surely he cannot be tainted…? He has only just received his flame! So then what does the dual flame speak to? Perhaps a bit more soul searching is in order. After a discussion with the Seer, Dellingr sets off to discover the hidden meaning of his dual flame. What will he find? (Note: I wasn’t certain about the color thing. His flame would have a brilliant orange center that would be surrounded by an equally bright blue. If this isn’t possible, then I can alter the plot to better go along with the one below.)

5. Those That Are Lost- Dellingr is returning from his travels when he happens upon the Dreamwalker herd. He heard tale of them from his mother, but never thought he’d encounter them. They are just as interesting as his mother described. Dellingr soon finds himself intrigued by the herd and its practices. They speak of how he is a dream, of those that are lost to the dream realm. What do they mean exactly? Can he help? And will he finally meet his father and sibling? Do they even know of him? (Note: Dellingr wouldn’t stay with the Dreamwalkers. He would likely leave after speaking, or at least seeing, his father and (possibly) sibling.)

6. You Are the Light- With his personal journey now at an end, Dellingr confirms what he is. He is the guiding light for those that are lost. As such, he takes initiative to become a Lanter Bearer within the herd. With his dual flame, he will be the dawn, shining light into the darkness.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:07 am
THIS IS MY TALE

Username: xX Green Tea Tree Xx
Pony Name: Caelum (m) / Urania (f); for sake of conciseness I'll be using female pronouns for the personality and plot ideas c;
Temper: Relaxed
Herd choice: DreamWalker
Personality: Urania is a head-in-the-clouds, gentle soul with a penchant for laziness. She has a bit of a stubborn streak when it comes to work and completing tasks, as there's nothing she loves to do more than sleep and let the fantasies of her dreams carry her away, so much so that it can be quite difficult to rouse her from where she settles down to sleep when she's needed. If she were to have it her way, she would spend the day sleeping and the night to gaze upon the stars that light its vastness.

Despite her complaints about her ever interrupted slumber, Urania is a talented lady. She has a penchant for picking up how to do tasks quickly and absorbs knowledge like a sponge, making her an able worker when she finally decides to apply herself. Urania is quick to retire when the chance presents itself, so a sharp eye and persistence is definitely needed to keep her from sleeping the day away.
Plot Ideas:

Slow to Rise: A foal plot for sure. Urania is in love with sleeping, lacking the energy typical of most foals. Her innate laziness might come as a shock to Freyr and quickly shrugged off as some misunderstanding, after all, he is a first time parent, but Urania's long hours of slumber through the day are clearly a bad habit forming that must be broken before it impacts her foalhood too terribly. Freyr must learn how to handle a grumpy, half-asleep Urania and she must learn to bear the loss of her bed. Eventually, as the night fills the sky above, Urania's relaxed temperament will practically vanish as excitement and curiosity fill her gaze; her fascination with the stars becoming apparent from an early age. Definitely a plot that would have potential for a very cute father/daughter moment.

Easy Steps: One of the rare occasions Urania wakes on her own in the morning. She loves her sibling dearly, though it might not be apparent with how little time Urania spends with them during waking hours. Despite her lethargic demeanor, Urania is determined to bond with her sibling and do what they want to do, whether it be chattering or going on an adventure in the woods around their home. The journey will be a slow one since Urania will be tired from the sudden change in her sleep cycle and she may fall asleep where she stands should the urge to sleep be too great. Urania definitely doesn't want to disappoint her sibling, but I think a small argument breaking out between her and her no-doubt frustrated sibling may be a needed kick in the pants for her.

I Dreamed A Dream: Every now and again Urania's dreams are visited by the faces of the dream creatures that she occasionally sees within the herd-lands. Though she knows it's taboo to interact with the Dream Creatures, Urania can't help the curiosity that comes with being young and the itch to see if her dreams have been prayed into existence is unyielding.Whether her Dream Creature is hostile or simply a lost Soquili is up in the air still. I'd love for someone to find out about her meetings with the Dream Creatures and have her explain just what, exactly, she thinks she's doing.

Lessons in Astronomy: Urania has spent a long while with the Mortals, still unable to find her spot among the herd. While she's done everything from helping her father with being a Collector and performing odd-job tasks for those that need her aide, Urania still hasn't taken a liking to any of the positions the herd offers... until she attends a lesson given by the herd's Shepard about astronomy. Having been thankful to the Oneiroi for the twinkling lights that grace the skies every night, Urania has always wished to learn more about them and track them. With something finally bringing out her inner passion and her penchant for being a quick learner, Urania is actually willingly doing something and waking up in a timely fashion to learn all she possibly can. With a spark of hope that she's finally found her spot in the herd, Urania takes the steps to become a Shepard so she too, can impart the wisdom of the Oneiroi, the herd, and the heavens above.

A Sky Full of Stars: Finally content with her position as a Shepard, Urania has happily taken the herds foals under her hooves, acting as a nurturing figure to any and all who find there way in her care. However, something isn't quite right. Though she loves her students dearly, referring to them as her Stars, Urania years for a family to call her own. With so many of the herd bearing the symbols of the night and the starry skies, Urania hopes to find the one Star that lights up her night sky like no other.  

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Ririka
Crew

High-functioning Hellraiser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:17 pm
THIS IS MY TALE

Username: Ririka
Pony Name: Parallax [For both genders] [Will be refered to as he from this point]
Temper: N/A
Herd choice: Fiamma Eterna
Personality:

Going Silent || At his core, Parallax feels like a complete and utter failure to those around him, especially his blood family, and those he considers family. He has given up much in order to follow his chosen path within the herd and to gain their approval, so why does he feel as his he has gone nowhere and obtain nothing?

His foalhood was normal enough. He explored, played, laughed and daydreamed like any healthy foal. But somewhere along the way he lost himself to the world. His laughs turned to silence. His shouts turned to carefully calculated grunts and whispers. The heart that once beat strong locked itself away, the sparks turning dark and curling in a corner.

The young one now finds that he no longer understand how to interact with the world. He doesn't know how to bond with those around him. He has trouble building interest in the world and thoughts of others, or finding sympathy or empathy towards them. Para wants to find a sense of normalcy with others, he does, but he just does not know where to start. He does not know how to return to the path he charged down as a foal, and it absolutely FRUSTRATES him.

His world of color is draining and he does not understand or know what to do with himself.

Blunt || Parallax's behavior has turned very much dense and blunt. And while others may not appreciate it at times, to him it is very much normal. He does not mean to come off as cold-hearted, or to sound like an a**, he is just very blunt and to the point. What he says is just his opinion or a fact.

There is no point in sugar coating anything for anyone, or to lie in order to make others feel better. After all, the truth will come out sooner or later, and at that point the sting could be way worse, so why not just get it over with now? Holding back just causes more problems in the end, or at least that is his belief anyway.

Sure, the other party may get mad, but so what? Parallax isn't one for comforting others, especially when he lacks in that particular field of study. A scream, stomp or anger or a slap will not make him regret anything.

Lazy || Despite the fact that Parallax possesses a talent in herbilism he does not possess the discipline that one usually associates with such talents. He knows his plants and their properties. He knows how to utilize them to create "potions", and creams to sooth and heal, and yet he seems to refuse to work to his full potential. He would rather spend his days wandering the woods and getting lost in the night sky rather than collecting herbs and creating remedies.

To those whom have actually seen or interacted with the young stallion, the he appears to have the energy level of a sloth or slug. Appearance wise, while he looks acceptable, his eyes always appear tired and distant. He moves with the grace of a stumbling bear or a withering slug. He does not seem to answer anyone's questions beyond a grunt or a passing comment. Parallax just does not act like he should be walking among the living.

Destructive Temper || If one pays careful attention to Parallax they will see that he is, like many, a soul that wears a mask of everything that he is not. His lazy demeanor. His soft and indifferent words. The way his legs seem to go stiff as his ears twitch just ever so slightly. The manner in which his shoulders seem to carry in invisible weight while his nostrils flare for just a quick second.

The truth is that Parallax harbors a terrible temper. If not kept in check, he will lose control and become blinded by it, seeing red in everyone and everything. He is ferocious and blinded while having one of his blinding moment. And in that, he will tear down everything around him, be it verbally or physically. He just gets downright foul and violent.

The Wall || A stallion of many acquaintances, but very few true friends. He likes to keep everyone at a length of a few yards, more than enough space to make sure if a bridge starts burning he will not be affected by the smoke. Anyone who tries to interact with him can say it is like talking to a wall, or more like trying to talk to him by sending messages over a wall via a paper airplane. Did he get the message? If he did did he bother to read it? Know one knows...

However, to those whom he holds near and dear, he is loyal of a great great fault. He will aid them. He will protect them. He will go to hell and back for them. Anything and everything he will do, there are no limits, because he fears if he does not do anything and everything he will lose them...

Random Facts:

• Has an eternal resting "B*ch" face.
  • Grunts = Yes || Growls or "TCH" = NO! || Shrugs = Maybe
  • Does not speak often, and when he does he speaks as simply and in as few words as possible.
  • Has trouble maintaining eye-contact with those speaking to him, but will nod and make the occassional comment to show he is indeed listening.
  • Is greatly annoyed by stories that seem to have no conclusion/point, and by long-pauses in the middle of stories/conversations.
  • Will randomly start swaying or bouncing his legs while idle.
  • Is a late riser.
  • Is always double-checking and second guessing himself.
  • Has an issue with living in his daydreams.

Plot Ideas:

Wandering the darkness || On a moonless night, while all the mice and young foals should be asleep, one particular foal finds himself wandering away from his herd in order to investigate the movement of the forest. As one can easily predict, Parallax finds himself lost and alone in the woods. Will he survive the night? Will he find someone who can lead him back home? ...Will a very angry mommy find him and drag him back to bed by his ears? Who knows what adventures a young foal can find in a dark forest.

Promise me || I would like Parallax to make a life long friend in foalhood. It would be the type of friendship that is built on the fleeting summer, and once the weather starts to cool and the birds take flight, so does this particular friend. However, they make a promise to always be friends no matter what, and that somehow they will see each other again. And they do, eventually they cross paths again and again as time ticks by. Life changes them just as the seasons change the Earth, but their friendship holds strong.
Whether this friendship goes above and beyond just a friendship only RP, Plots and talk will tell.

Unsteady || For the friend mentioned above, I would like them to confront Parallax on his downward change in attitude and emotion. He used to be so vibrant and lively, and yet, these days it seems like he is just...there. The friend does not understand. It worries them to see Parallax as he currently is. However, the stallion is not so keen on speaking up on what is going on in his heart and mind. He just wants to brush it off as stress or lack of sleep, but he knows the friend will not except such lies, or appreciate being lied to... How the convesation ends will depend...

Devoid
|| It is time for Parallax's Lantern Ceremony, and he is not so thrilled about going through with it. The voices he hears, the emotions that swell up inside of him as he enters the cave or too much. He contemplates on turning tail and running out, but he knows it would bring dishonor on him. There is on particular question that will haunt him as his ceremony ends though, why is his flame so...devoid of color? Why does it burn so simple and white?

Senpai? || With no Healers or Shamans in the herd it is hard for Parallax to find a start to his journey to being a healer himself. So, in order to learn what it is to be a Soq of care and healing, he must journey off to find someone to teach him, whether is be a stranger in the lands or a healer from a different herd. He needs to find SOMEONE. Hopefully they will be willing to help him help others.

Bleeding Heart || I want someone to hurt Parallax, badly, in an emotional and or mental sense. I want him to see them as his sun and moon. As a masterpiece that the world does not deserve. And then I want them to crust him and tear his world apart in some manner. ...I'm a simple pony mama with simple needs.  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff