Space Bird
Fluffy Tailed Angel

Start Date - Now
End Date -July 18th 12 noon EST

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Rules

1: Anyone is free to enter
2: All Entries must abide by Soq shop rules & Gaia TOS
3: These ponies do not count against any cool-downs, I have been buying them with my Staff Credits and saving them up for this contest. As such, I have already taken the cool-downs myself.
4: While I can't force it I will be super sad if these guys go poof. are never used or leave the herd, please only enter if you genuinely want to be a part of the herd.
5. No Proxies
6: All entries must be your own work
7: The contest will start and end at the specified time regardless if I am here to start it or not.
8: you may try for all of them but only win one.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:53 pm
Herd Information

^
^
^
you should read that

The Contest

This is a contest for three members of the Dreamwalker Herd. It is up to you if they are original herd members, born and raised within the herd or Soquili who have joined the herd, leaving behind their old lives to follow the herds beliefs. This is mostly a personality/plot/character idea type contest. The entries which most intrigue us as herd members will be the winners.

Forms

Headers
Please include the correct header for the Pony you are trying for.

Glowy Cat

[size=18][color=cyan]Glowy Cat[/color][/size]

Fluffy Tailed Angel

[size=18][color=darkgoldenrod]Fluffy Tailed Angel[/color][/size]

Space Bird
[size=18][color=darkblue]Space Bird[/color][/size]

Contest Form

Username : your name
Soquili's Name : What are you going to name your Soquili? include a meaning if you feel like it.
Position in Herd : The Dreamwalker's have many positions for you to fill within the herd, which one do you see this Soquili joining?
Original Member or Joined Member : Was your Soquili born in the herd or did they join later?
Soquili's History : Give us a brief overview of your Soquili's life so far.
Soquili's Personality: Tell us about your character
Potential Plots or Future Visions Let us know if you have any grand ideas for this Soquili or an idea on where you would like them to end up.

[color=indigo][b]Username :[/b] your name
[b]Soquili's Name :[/b] What are you going to name your Soquili? include a meaning if you feel like it.
[b]Position in Herd : [/b]The Dreamwalker's have many positions for you to fill within the herd, which one do you see this Soquili joining?
[b]Original Member or Joined Member :[/b] Was your Soquili born in the herd or did they join later?
[b]Soquili's History :[/b] Give us a brief overview of your Soquili's life so far.
[b]Soquili's Personality:[/b] Tell us about your character
[b]Potential Plots or Future Visions[/b] Let us know if you have any grand ideas for this Soquili or an idea on where you would like them to end up.[/color]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:57 pm
Fluffy Tailed Angel

Username : AstoriaFallen
Soquili's Name : Eir, "Goddess of Healing" Norway
Position in Herd : Shaman
Original Member or Joined Member : Original Member
Soquili's History : Eir had been born within the Herds lands and had taken to herbalism fervently as a young foal. It was wide known throughout the herd that there was yet to be a Shaman within their midst and she had hoped to full fill that responsibility with her growth into adulthood. Since there was no shaman for her to learn from she had to experiment on herself as well as any wildlife that was within the herds lands. This has rattled her way of thinking a tad as she sometimes ingested things that weren't exactly safe but nothing deadly to-date. After many trials she finally grew successful in her ways of healing and production of tonics that were safe to give other members of the herd. She does travel from the herd to gather items from the dream world around them that are necessary for some ailments but beyond that she sticks within the boundaries of the Herd as she is a little skeptical of those from the outside world.

Soquili's Personality: Eir is a little aloof, but this is mainly due to her handling all sorts of plants and tonics that she creates for the members of the Herd. While she doesn't handle conversations with other equines all that well, she does communicate with the local familiars easily enough. For some reason she's always had a strong connection to the wildlife and the world around her, but not so much it's larger inhabitants. Eir is, once you get past her skiddish exterior, a very loving and friendly character that wouldn't hurt a fly (unless it's in the name of science). When it comes to matters of love this is going to be a little tricky. Since she doesn't really connect to others too well she's honestly not going to understand what love is. This likely means she's going to be single for a while until someone comes along that can get past her rather odd personality and get to know her for who she truly is at spirit. While she may be a little strange she's exceedingly kind, caring and all around a good character. She's quite fond of the Pronghorns that have made their residence within it's midst and has formed a healthy connection to Chimera, one of the offspring to Figment and Lucid. While it's a little uncommon for the Shaman to go gather their own herbs it it something she likes to do, though she doesn't mind if a collector comes along. They just have to put up with her oddities. When she does go out collecting herbs she often brings Chimera with her as a sort of security blanket, that and Chimera seems to have a healthy knowledge of what is poisonous and what is not when it comes to certain plants and berries.

Potential Plots or Future Visions
  1. I have a tonic for that. One of the members of the herd comes to her after prayer has been done to no avail and she gives them a concoction of herbs to help. What the ailment is can be anything really. It will likely be discussed by both owners at the time of the plot.
  2. A healers touch. For this plot I would like for her to have to put her healing to the test with a current member of the herd as well as an outsider that stumbles upon their territory in their injured state. This will force her to have to break free from her solitary nature and actually have to talk to someone other than the local wildlife.
  3. Lost in a dreamers land. I would like for her to somehow get separated from the Herd and this causes her a great deal of distress. What causes the separation I'm not quite sure just yet but it's going to make her withdraw herself a little more. During this time she will likely be seen as dead to the current members of the herd but she will eventually return. How this is played out I'd like to discuss with you (Jet) later to see how it would be played out.
  4. New Life. She's convinced that providing life to the herd is the right thing to do so she seeks out one of the other herd members to pray with her for strong, healthy foals.
  5. A nightmare comes. One of the nastier inhabitants from outside of the herd comes around and she's the poor soul to encounter it. (I have a purewalker that will take part in this. I'd like her to partake in a future plot with the herd regardless if I get this mare or not) Because of her non-judgemental ways she'll not pay too much attention to the dangers the walker presents to herself and the herd and she'll approach it and likely end up a victim of attack. She'll likely have chimera with her when this happens and the pronghorn will run back and grab some of the other members to let them know what has happened.
  6. A new way to see. She'll have been left blind from the attack and will have to adjust to things around her differently. While she was familiar with what most of the plants looked and smelled like she will have to trust herself a great deal more to work with the herbs and tonics she has so that she can still do her job within the herd. She will likely have Chimera help her out until she can get the hang of things, unless the herd has another shaman by this time. Then she'll shadow them until she can trust herself to not give the wrong thing to someone.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:11 pm
Fluffy Tailed Angel

Username : Valkymie
Soquili's Name : Estelle the Fogged
Position in Herd : Mortal
Original Member or Joined Member : Born in
Soquili's History : In the later stages of foalhood, Estelle made the foolish decision of leaving the herd. She was skeptical, as some foals are, that the world outside was a dreamworld. The herd mourned her loss, and thought her a foolish girl. She lived outside for 2 years, and while she met many a kind creature and soquili, she also crossed paths with a Skinwalker. She barely escaped with her life, and seeing true evil, she remembered what she was taught as a child. She believed him to be a nightmare sent by the Oneiroi to punish her foolishness. Seeking forgiveness and redemption, she returned to the herd, hoping they would pray her back into existence. Although they did give her that second chance, she still has a hard time believing it was all a dream of the afterlife. The herd sees her as a pitiful creature, so tormented by her nightmare that her mind has been left addled. They call her "The Fogged", as if part of her mind is still stuck in the afterlife dreamworld.
Soquili's Personality: Estelle was once a curious and upbeat foal. But after being resurrected, she has become a timid, meek mare with low self esteem and self worth. The more she hears it, the more she truly believes that her afterlife nightmare has broken her mind, and that she's going insane. But the scars on her flank are real, right? No.. no they were put there by the Oneiroi, a reminder of her foolish choice to die for the sake of "exploring". But...she can still feel the pain of that Skinwalker's claws...She can still remember? But it was just a dream...right?
She hides the scars with her hair and wings, rarely lifting her wings from her sides to ever fly. She tends to distance herself from others, and everyone in the herd pities her, especially on nights where she still has terrible nightmares of the Skinwalker.
Potential Plots or Future Visions I'm not sure what direction I'd like her to take yet. But i'd either want her to leave the herd -again-, fully believing she's dead this time, and not just "exploring the dreamworld". Perhaps she finds other, kindhearted soquili who take her in, assure her that the "nightmares" will never get to her. And she lives her afterlife happy, carefree.
Or to have someone(s) in the herd raise her up, make her feel that she's not crazy or pitiful or useless, perhaps solidifying her belief that it was just a dream, and erase her doubts. Showing her kindness and treating her as normal.
Basically I want a happy ending for her xD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:37 pm
Glowy Cat

Username : AstoriaFallen
Soquili's Name : Anlon, "Champion" Irish
Position in Herd : Champion (this will be his destination position. he will likely start out as mortal)
Original Member or Joined Member : Joined Member
Soquili's History : Anlon had been born outside of the Herd and raised himself for as long as he could remember. Having been born with paws he had always had a bit of an upper advantage when it came to being challenged by others. He had been seen as a demon or a monster by some since he had traits of purewalkers. While he may have the traits of a predator he was quite unlike one, minus the fact he liked to eat meat and fish more than he did plants and berries, he still ate them. While out traveling he had stumbled across the herd and after much scrutiny was allowed within their midst and continued to stick around. Anlon has been watching Megellanic and Bruadair ever since he had come across the herd and admired them for their strength and dedication to keeping the members of the Herd safe. Praying diligently to become part of the herd and join the ranks of Champion he did everything he could to show them that he wasn't a danger to the herd and that he would give his life to keep them safe.
Soquili's Personality: Anlon has always had a rather secluded personality, mainly because of how much others despised him because of his claws. While he may not be the most social he is quite noble by nature and can be very charismatic when one can get him to open up.
  1. A place to call home? I would like for him to run into the herd for the first time and when they don't immediately turn him around or attack him for his features he sticks around trying to prove to them that he could be a part of their herd.
  2. The Trials continue. I would like for him to have to fight someone that proves to be a hazard to the herd and perhaps that's when he's accepted into their midst? This is open to negotiation.
  3. Home at last. Finally he's accepted into the herd as a member and given the status of Champion.
    (I guess the three before would be prior plots until he was part of the herd)
  4. A mentor. He's going to have a huge soft spot for foals and want to teach them to defend themselves, even if they aren't going to be champions as they grow. He just believes that no matter your place in life you should be able to protect yourself and those you care about..
  5. A father. I would like for him to become a father, whether it's from a solo prayer of his own or with the help of another member of the herd. He has to learn the trials of what it's like to have to raise a youngster.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:20 pm
Space Bird

Soquili's Name : Shalim (name of a god of dusk)
Position in Herd : Shepherd
Original Member or Joined Member : Born in
Soquili's History : Having grown up in the herd, Shalim embraced their beliefs and practices wholeheartedly. It's all he knows and all he wants to know. His teacher and mentor was a kind guide, leading him into adulthood as a Dreamwalker. Shalim only wants to pay it forward, and teach other young, impressionable foals the way of their herd. Teach them everything there is to know about their world.
Soquili's Personality: Shalim is kind and gentle, and never shows any inkling of anger or negative emotion. Even when he's disappointed in someone or disapproves of a student's actions or behavior, he never shows anything but a smile. It becomes a sort of intimidating feature for his students, since they can never quite tell what he really thinks, or if he's really mad at them. But Shalim believes wholeheartedly that his students will become great Dreamwalkers, and loves them dearly as if they were his own children.
Potential Plots or Future Visions I would like to have some RP with students, perhaps one with a skeptic foal that would challenge his steadfast faith? Then he would have to figure out a way to teach the foal properly. I'd also like to RP with the other Shepherd(s), something like a teacher's meeting haha. PTA meeting?
Shalim is also very accepting, and would love to teach an adult soquili who has been prayed into existence.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:32 pm
Glowy Cat

Username : Eternal Xantara
Soquili's Name : Arawn
Position in Herd : He'll start as a "Mortal" and become a "Champion" once he's adjusted to life in the herd.
Original Member or Joined Member : Joined
Soquili's History : Arawn will be attacked by something (he doesn't remember what (a Cursedwalker) ) and, fighting for his life while fleeing at the same time, become hopelessly lost. Already traumatized, he'll find himself at the Herd's mercy. Dazed from the encounter, he'll be stunned at his luck and quite easily convinced that what he just went through was just a nightmare, that it wasn't real. He'll soon forget his past life, knowing only the Herd, and assume a new name.
Soquili's Personality: Arawn may seem a bit... bewildered/lost at times. This is mostly due to his past mucking with his brain. At heart, however, he's as sweet as a kitten and just as... inquisitive, to put it mildly. Mess with anyone he cares about and you'll taste his claws. He's got a very kittenish personality, in short, but he does have his moments.
Arawn will muddle about for a bit in the Herd, trying to figure out what the hell just happened to him and where the hell he ended up. In the end, he'll come to accept the strange new world he's in and dismiss his old life as a "waking dream". During this block, he'll serve the herd as a Mortal.
At some point, he'll encounter a potential threat to the herd and fight it off, determined to never again let his nightmares rule him or harm his new family. It's possible he came to another herd member's rescue (maybe a foal). As a result, he'll be offered to train and become a Champion.
Taking his role seriously (or trying to), he'll constantly patrol the herd's borders. There is a chance during one of his routine patrols that he is either lured out of the borders (either an attempt to rescue someone or I don't know what). It is unknown how long he'd be missing (dead to the herd), but he'll eventually find his way back and humbly wait for the herd to pray him back into existence.
After this, he'll most likely "settle down" and try to take life a bit more easily, determined to never get lost outside the herd's borders again. He'll fiercely protect/defend those near the border and try to herd them away from the edge of the territory.

Unexpected encounters while on the Other Side.
POSSIBLE plot idea; not sure of the validity of it. But here goes!
Had a sudden idea while at work. What if, while outside the Herd's territory, he encounters a Cursed Walker, who happens to be Charmed? It'd be interesting to see how the Herd would react to a Charmed Walker. Would they see them as just another Cursed Walker (Nightmare), or would they give him a chance to prove the benefits of having a Charmed Walker in the Herd (if he returned with them)?

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

elufae
Crew

Adventuring Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:38 pm
Glowy Cat

Soquili's Name : Dolus (alternate spelling of Dolos, god of lies)
Soquili's History : Born outside of the herd, Dolus knew the world for what it was to him: real. It's always been real. He stumbled upon the herd by chance, and stuck around out of mere curiosity. They were so strange, and believed in things stranger yet. Eventually he was "welcomed" into the herd when they prayed him into being. Having had no strong bonds to anyone outside of the herd, Dolus stayed. He knew about a wide variety of herbs from the outside world already, but still had learning to do about a few new species here. He stays on in the herd as a shaman, working to heal any sick or injured soquili using the power of herbalism, not religion. He pretends to believe in their gods and world view, but has no actual belief that the world outside is a dream world.
Soquili's Personality: Dolus is aloof, and tends to keep to himself. Especially because he's only pretending to be a believer, and doesn't want to find out what will happen to him if others knew. He is a stern caregiver, oftentimes berating someone if they come to him with sickness or injury. He'll often add in a short lecture about repenting to the gods too, for good measure.
Potential Plots or Future Visions I would like for him to eventually be found out. But I'll leave it up to the other person to decide if their soquili will "tell on" him or not. If they do expose him, I imagine it would have dire consequences, probably expelled from the herd such that he "returns to the dream world/dies" Maybe they would try to truly kill him? I doubt they would let him stay though. On the other hand, the other soquili could choose to keep his secret, maybe out of blackmail, out of sharing his skepticism, or because they think they can change his views? Would be interesting too

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:46 pm
Fluffy Tailed Angel

Username : StrawberryRoseTea
Soquili's Name : Alizée; Ali for short. French, meaning trade wind
Position in Herd : I'd like her to start out as a collector and eventually become an oracle
Soquili's History : She was born to solitary parents who had grown tired of herd structures and had left to make a new life for themselves and their young foals. However, while she was out playing on her own one day a skinwalker happened upon her family. When she returned home it was to find no survivors. Luckily for her the walker never returned to see if there was a third foal. She spent several days with the bodies of her family before one of her winged aunts had come to check on the family and found her all alone.
So her aunt took her back to live with her herd. It didn't take long for Ali to realize that her life would not be easy. As she grew, her pale coat and golden wings caught the attention of all around her. The other young mares were rude and sometimes even cruel, jealous of her beauty. The young stallions even worse. They would pursue her relentlessly, often trying to corner her in groups. She always did manage to get away but that never stopped them from trying again. When she expressed her concerns to her aunt the, well meaning but clueless, mare brushed off her problems as youthful drama.
Ali's only moments of peace came when she dreaming. Even alone she was plagued by thoughts of wanting a life with more meaning. Young as she was when her parents left their herd she understood that they sought a more natural and spiritual lifestyle than the one she had been tossed into. So she made the decision to leave and travel on her own. She went as far as she could from lands that she knew were occupied by herds.
That was how she stumbled upon the DreamWalker's valley. At first she would stay out of sight just observing the herd and their ways. Watching them began to consume her and she found she hungered for more. To be among them. So she waited and planned until she was presented with an opportunity to present herself to a collector. Much to her dismay she was ignored. After the initial shock she became intrigued rather than dismayed. She had never been ignored before! Maybe it was a chance for her to build a life where she didn't have to be the center of attention. She became persistent in trying to catch the attention of various members of the herd. Becoming so bold as to even walk among them. Eventually her persistence paid off and she was prayed into reality. She threw herself fervently into learning their spiritual beliefs, healing herself with the ideas that what lay behind her was not reality. She became a collector so she could learn more intimately about the workings of the healers, both spiritual and physical, in hopes of becoming one herself.
Soquili's Personality: Alizée is a little shy after having learned in her previous unlife that drawing attention to herself was not always a good thing. However, once past her initial shyness she is a very sweet girl who has the best interests of others in her heart. As she was looking for more from life than what she had learned among the mundane herds she is very fervent in her devoutness to the DreamWalker's beliefs.
Potential Plots or Future Visions I would like to see her work her way up through the spirituality of the herd to the position of oracle. Though she came into the herd knowing nothing she wants to learn all she can about the various positions in the herd, as well as the members themselves, until she feels spiritually secure enough to start offering advice to those becoming lost as she once was lost. Though she starts out as shy, anxious and fragile I'd like to see her grow into a self-assured mare.

Nightmare from the Past: The stallion who had been most insistent in harassing her before her new life with the DreamWalkers shows up in the valley by chance. As he has grown from an arrogant colt to a downright awful stallion he finds the herd's way of life ridiculous and does what he can to make their lives hard. Rather than letting the champions deal with him, Ali insists on confronting the nightmare herself as she feels it is a test sent by the Oneiroi wearing the face of her own struggle. Empowered by her new life she forces the specter of her past from the valley, protecting those she has grown to care about.

Challenging the Dream: At first life in the herd is harder for her than she had thought it was going to be. Her anxieties created by her past experiences are hard to put aside and make it hard for her to interact with others. She considers leaving the herd until she has an encounter with the guardian that reminds her that her life behind her is nothing more than a dream and has no influence on her now other than having been a test to make her stronger.

Leaving the Valley: There is a point where an ingredient that an oracle needs is only known to exist outside the valley. As a collector, Ali gets tasked with facing death to go retrieve it. She is overcome with a terrible fear that once dead she will not be able to be reborn in the valley again and be forever separated from her new family. Though, as she is made of sterner stuff under her delicate exterior, she talks herself into completing the task.

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:28 pm
Fluffy Tailed Angel

Username : SwordOfTheDarkOnes
Soquili's Name : Celstia Starfall
Original Member or Joined Member : Join In
Soquili's History : [cough-Its not short so here's a summary-cough] Celstia was born to a mix herd of Uni's and Flutters. She was in a arranged mating to the future Herd Leader. He played around, she reamined a Dreamer, thus never stepped out. She bore him a blind foal and when she heard he wanted to abandon the poor thing she felt the urge to flee. So, she took her three children she bore him. Then Ran. He caught up, beats her up and takes two of the foals. Sadly he took the blind one who she worried about the most. She passes out as the foal they didn't take calls for help from a paroling Champion.

Celstia was raised in a forest far in the thick of the Soquilli lands. She was apart of a herd of Unicorns and Flutters who sought to help each other in the midst of the more aggressive breeds around them. She is a hybrid as was the male who took her as his mate when she got older. As a foal she was raised with her Unicorn father's knowledge of healing as her Mother guided her in the basics of herbs. Alongside her was the Herdmaster's son, a arrogant Cyreni and Flutter hybrid who had everything handed to him on a silver plate.

That included her. She was the only pure white mare in the herd, a trait she got from her Father's mother. A trait which bode as a good omen for the herd in all. She was never one for the herd's superstition on one's color. Finding solace in her dreams and imagination she always found a spiritual calm in her daydreams. As she bore the male three sons, she found other foals with what she thought was her Mate. Apparently he thought otherwise. Confused she nurtured her youngest son, a gentle foal who seemed to fail in finding his way. It was soon discovered that the foal was blind. A affliction the herd saw as a ill omen. As she laid there one night, one wing folded over her blind colt. She overheard it. Her mate, the colts own father, wanted to leave the colt out in the forest for the dark spirits to take.

She felt panic. This foal, like all her foals, was apart of her. If the herd cast the foal out for the dark spirits, what would that mean for her. She knew then what she would have to do. Gathering her foals to her. She muttered her fears, praying to the spirits that guided their herd. She didn't think they would answer her. Coming to her own choice, the mare...the Mother. Decided to take her foals and flee. As she fled, the Stallion who sired them took to the chase. She came to a river, fearing the waters would take her foals the mare was frantic. She looked back to where she knew the Stallion was searching. A kind voice called to her from below and she looked down to see a rather large aligator at her hooves. The gator was a father himself, seeing a frantic mother made him want to help.

So he did, the three foals were safely across and the mare thanked the kind gator before taking to running again. Her blind foal was always kept between his two older brothers. As they came to a open field she saw the moutain range ahead. She felt drawn to it, urging her foals onward she made for them. Feeling something pulling her along. As they neared the path upwards the Stallion blocked them. The two parents fought, it was an uneven match as the Stallion was well versed in battles and she was a Healer.

She was beaten. Watching in horror as her foals were taken. One fighting off the older flutter that tried to pull him from his mother. The Stallion spat saying to leave the weakling, the other two will do. She let out a cry as she watched the blind foal being pulled from his sibling. She would never know of her foals fates. The largest of the three nuzzled her side. Struggling to her feet she led her foal upwards. Her last memory before the darkness took her was seeing a horned male...

Soquili's Personality: Celstia is a daydreamer, she likes to let her mind go wild. Chances are if any foals wished to partake of her dream she would whisk them away on a little adventure. Her motto in life is, "Why allow your mind to lie to itself? Dream your dream, let none bind you."

She is a loving soul, nurturing to all foals that come to her. She values everything about everyone, even their flaws. If a foal is born deformed in some way she wouldn't turn away from them. She would freely give her affection to any who came to her, though there is little room for one single soul. She was betrayed once. She refuses to open up that much to be betrayed again. She takes her healing craft seriously. Relying on her Mother's teachings and her Father's lessons in her magic to aid the herd who come to her.

It is her belief that Phantasus was the God who led her to the Herd as she was always in a daydream. Which is just one's mind making a grand illusion isn't it?

Side Note: The Foal she brings with her, I have no issues customizing in at a later date. They would be purely for her backstory at this point in time.

-Growing Pains: As she was heavily wounded when she came to them. I wouldn't mind having a series of RP's with her and the Oracles, as she is led by them on a spiritual healing which allows her magic to heal her body slowly. After that, a small series of RPs of her proving her skill to become Shaman.

-Nightmares Abound: A stallion from her former herd finds her as she is out gathering herbs. She flees back to the herd after a argument of the past. [this is really sketchy as a Champion could leap to her aid and take her back to the herd warning the other stallion away or something] This could be more than one RP if the stallion remains persistent and tries her newfound faith.

-New Hope: She prays for foals, perhaps one turns out blind like the foal she failed to save. She would see this as a rebirth of that foal, believing them to be dead. [Her blind foal is my boy Lunellis Starfall]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:53 am
Glowy Cat

Username : SwordOfTheDarkOnes
Soquili's Name : Rakesh [Hindi- Lord of the Full Moon Day]
Position in Herd : Champion
Original Member or Joined Member : Born In
Soquili's History : Rakesh was born on the heels of a Nightmare. As a young foal he was told by others in the herd that his basket was found after a Champion fought off a Nightmare. It is this fact that has the stallion striving to become what, in his mind, saved him. He's always seen guarding foals as he believes them to be the Dreams all strive for.

Soquili's Personality: Arrogant is not what one would use to usually describe him, but it can sum up a few of his flaws nicely. Rakesh believes that those with strength should use it for the good of others. He thinks of everyone as his family, treating all foals as if they were his own as well as showing affection to those who he sees needing it. He does however have a habit of adding sibling titles to some herd-mates that he's closer to than others. He will never play favorites and refuses to allow it to happen.

Rakesh can be heard muttering small prayers to all of the main Deities of the Herd. Even Phobetor, as in his mind it was thanks to that God in particular he came to the Herd. He's actually not the most spiritual stallion, relying more on his strength to get things done. Though he will fall into a spiritual sort of meditation before a long day of training.

-Taking on the Fear: Despite everything, Rakesh has a slight fear of nightmares. If they brought him there, couldn't they just as easily take him away? Its always been a thought in the back of his mind that perhaps the reason the Nightmares brought him was that he was a Nightmare and was sent to poison the Herd from within. This is going to be a fear of his that will cripple him at times of great stress in the Herd. I want him to take on a Nightmare and win...maybe. Depends on the Nightmare.

-Finding the Soul: This is more or less a romance plot. Rakesh does uphold the Herd's open love ideal, though he has a really close bond with one particular soul. Could be a stallion, could be a mare. I want this to be either a small series of RP's or a long one detailing any events that would led him to find this Soul.

-Wishing on a Dream: ...Baskets.

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:00 am
Space Bird

Username : Cheyriddle4
Soquili's Name : Ahtahkakoop - Meaning star blanket in Cree
Position in Herd : Collector
Original Member or Joined Member : Joined the herd
Soquili's History : Ahtahkakoop was raised as a warrior by two parents from a young age. His life had purpose and meaning. So he believed at a young age. He met a mare that was a fierce and as intense as the morning sun. He fell for her and had a few children with her. Never bonding as mates but having a mutual respect for each other. Their children grew and went their own ways having learned to fight and protect themselves. With this newfound freedom he had traveled with Shar. Short for Sharipha which she didn't like. Then one horrible day they were caught off guard by a purewalker. They were kept in cages and tortured physically and mentally until the love of his life died to become the feast. This broke him and left him in a state of despair that overcame him. Dreams were his escape. He dreamed of places far away. Mountains.. valleys.. a herd in a land of mists... Each dream leaving him with a yearning to find such a place... to disappear..

On the night of pitch blackness when the moon sleeps a commotion happens. Another walker appears and the two start to fight. In the midst of their fight they manage to weaken his cage. Using this distraction he manages to get out from the cage and run. Towards the mountains. Away from the walkers. The only guide being the star that shines the brightest in the sea of black. Weeks.. months pass as he travels. The only guide being the dreams of mists.. Not sure of whether it is a real place or not. He has to believe that it exists.. That there is a place for him there.. A place for a broken stallion to heal.. to believe in something again. It was only by mere chance that he found the place.. Relief flooded over him.. Yet he didn't go up to the others.. Only staying among the edges.. Watching them at times. Though never approaching as though he knew he wasn't welcomed. He watched their behaviors.. Their ways of life.. Gradually catching bits and pieces of their beliefs before they finally prayed him into existence.. Something that completely caught him off guard.. Yet it made sense to him... His dreams lead him here... In a few weeks time he had come to learn and believe in all the herds beliefs.
Soquili's Personality: Ahtahkakoop is a battle weary stallion who longs for a simple life after all the nightmares in which he encountered. He is a strict stallion when it comes to being accurate and dependable. He has a soft spot for foals and has a knack for finding things.Which lead him to the life of a collector. He is obedient with little resistance. Sometimes sadness overtakes him but he pushes it away. Believing that he will meet Shar and his children again when he finally goes to the dream realm when the time for his death comes.
-Escaping the Terror- This would be the plot of where he escapes from the purewalker and starts his journey to the land of mists and dreams.
-Land of mists- This is of when he first encounters the place where the herd calls home and his first encounters with the herd. More of a solo rp.
- Watching from a distance- Observing the herd he sticks a distance away as he follows a collector and a guardian as they try to find plants. Learning from them about the herd and some of the beliefs.
- Found out- After one of many days of following different collectors he makes a mistake and makes a noise.. Stopping he watches with dread as the other notices him.. Unsure of what the other would do with him..
- A home- He is prayed for to come into existance and he is beckoned to join the herd. Meeting a mentor he learns more about the beliefs.
- Learning the land- As he starts to learn about collecting and praying for a simple life he starts his job as a collector. Learning the lands, animals and plants of the region.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:19 pm
Space Bird

Username : stormflower
Soquili's Name : Mercury
(Short form of Roman Mercurius, a name related to the word merx from which we get the words "mercantile," "merchandise," "mercenary," and even "mercy." In mythology, Mercury is a messenger god associated with Greek Hermês. Originally, though, he was a god of tradesmen and thieves. The first planet of the solar system was named after him. )

Position in Herd : Collector, based on the dream life he had, he grew up with an interest in plants and their spirit of life. He would enter this position only after being fully initiated and chosen for the role after showing his interest and knowledge
Original Member or Joined Member : Gained true life after joining the herd (joined later)
Soquili's History : Born in the Dream world and raised as an adopted child to a herd of unicorns. It was a loving environment, but he knew it wasn’t where he truly belonged. Once he became an adult he ventured out into the word. He was knowledgeable about nature but was very naive to the true nature of the world. He ran into those of evil nature and what he knew as life became a living nightmare. He was enticed in hoping to heal with his knowledge of herbs but was caged as a pet, used and wanted for his beauty seen as a good luck charm. When he finally escaped he ran into the mist originally wanting to end his life when he finds a member of the herd and after spending time with them realized that he was truly living a nightmare and wished to truly be born and help others find their way as well.
Soquili's Personality: After being 'reborn' he is a very soft spoken individual. He is dignified and very much a gentlemen. He is a kind soul and is against violence. He understands carnal need to eat meat as he has had need for red meat on the rare occasion, but tends to make due with normal berries and other vegetation. He loves his true family with the herd and will do anything for them. He also went by another name before coming to the herd but once joining he didnt feel that name suited him and chose Mercury instead, hoping to be a messenger as well to help others awake from their dream lives.(would never force it on anyone just introduce them to life as he has come to know it)
Potential Plots or Future Visions I would love to plot with a member or 2 of the herd for his initial discovery of the herd and possibly even plot some of the leading up to his joining. General rp/plots with the herd especially when festivals come around would be loved. I would also love to plot and rp him possible finding one sibling or friend he grew up with in the 'dreamworld' and introducing them to the truth he has found and maybe leading to them joining and being born into the herd through prayer. Im not good with plots, but that would be a general start on things.

stormflower

Fanatical Shapeshifter

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:16 pm
Glowy Cat

Username : Wasteland Wyvern

Soquili's Name : Yaromir (meaning 'Man of Peace' in Russian)

Position in Herd : Starts as a Mortal which leads up to becoming a Collector

Original Member or Joined Member : Born in the Herd

Soquili's History : Yaromir's basket was discovered on the very edges of the herd lands, sitting halfway inside of the Dreamwalker realm and halfway out of it. It was an older stallion, of the Champion Rank, who found him out there all alone and unsure of what to do he brought the basket back to the herd where everyone was given the chance to come forward and claim that they had prayed for the new life held within. No one claimed the shadowy basket with bright blue/green markings so it was decided that he would be raised by the priestly sect as was usually done, and he was considered a gift of the Oneiroi.
Weeks passed and the basket's seal finally weakened and opened revealing an extremely small colt with a pelt as dark as the night and markings that glowed with a unique light. Sadly as the colt tried to leave the basket it was soon made aware that the poor creature was blind. His eyes were glazed and lit with a strange glow that robbed him of his vision. No one in the herd was sure of what to do with the poor creature. They watched as he stumbled around and fell multiple times and felt pity for him. Though he was severely handicapped by his lack of sight the herd felt it was only right to let him go through schooling with the rest of his peers, and despite his blindness Yaro had a thirst for knowledge that surprised everyone. He wanted to know all he could in the hopes that somehow he would be able to make himself useful to the herd. His mental age seemed to be well beyond that of his body.
As he grew his knowledge increased, though sadly his body had always been rather frail so he never got as large as some of the more able colts, though this never seemed to perturb him. Yaro found his way around using his ears and nose, both of which were highly sensitive to even the slightest of sounds or smells.
When the coming of age ceremony came for his peer group Yaromir stayed behind, unsure of himself and what he wanted to dedicate himself to. He felt that if he decided too quickly he might make a bad decision and choose a path he could not handle due to his condition, so Yaro waited. For years he waited, though his body never grew any bigger than a small mare, until one late night a wolf's mournful howl cut through his sleep and startled him awake. Once his fluttering heartbeat calmed he rose and snuffled his way out to where he thought the sound came from, and was greeted by a soft wet nose and a lapping tongue. This startled him again and he backed away but the wolf pup was persistent and followed him around wherever he went. At first he didn't like the idea of this unseen creature following him, he eventually got used to it and snuffled at the creature himself. He wondered absentmindedly what it looked like, but that was something he would never know. Descriptions were often lost on him as no matter how hard someone tried to help him with it the mental image would never come. He smiled as the wolf pup licked his cheek again and wondered if the Oneiroi had sent the keen eyed, eared, and nosed wolf pup to be a guide to him. Someone to be his true friend for all of their lives. He was quite happy with this idea and took the wolf pup home with him, cuddling into his bed as the wolf curled up next to him, his great fluffy tail used as a pillow.
When he woke the next morning, he greeted those he could as the passed him by, answered the questions as to where the wolf pup came from and how he believed it to be sent by the Oneiroi to be his guide and the herd seemed to accept this, and began schooling the young pup in the ways of the herd. Balam, as the pup was named, took to the herd beliefs like a fish to water and seemed content to live his life with Yaro.
The very next morning, as if lightning had stricken him, Yaro finally had an idea on what he'd like to do with his life. Taking an example from his wolf friend he used his nose to begin locating herbs, plants, and useful things for the Shaman and the rest of the herd to use in their crafts, and he excelled at it, so during the next Coming of Age ceremony he finally and happily dedicated himself to the rank of Collector and with Balam and on occasion a Champion to help him out he finally felt like he could give back to the herd that gave him so much.

Soquili's Personality: Yaromir is more often that not a silent but sweet stallion who loves to listen and learn. He can usually be found listening to the Shepards teaching the foals of the herd, hoping to learn something new himself. When he isn't listening to others, he is out and about with his familiar Balam collecting whatever the herd might need. He's quite good at his job despite his lack of sight and loves to be out where its peaceful and serene. He's usually quite adept, thanks to his keen sense of smell, at avoiding danger and rarely needs a Champion to accompany him anymore. Though on occasion he will still request an escort when he wants the company.

1.) The Scent of Death - I'd like this to be in his early days of being a Collector for the herd. He comes across a dead body, maybe that of a deer or other small animal, and feels profoundly disturbed by this new scent. He remembers, from his teachers, that Death is is a temporary thing and that the soul of the creature who was devoid of life in front of him would have already moved onto the Dream Realm. He still feels the need to say a small prayer for the loss of life, hoping that this creature is much happier on the other side.

2.) Forever in the Dark - This is a sort of crisis moment for him. Despite being born with his condition and never knowing what light truly is, he becomes angered for a time at the thought that whomever prayed him into existence had been so cruel as to not give sight to him.
I want him to be a bit bitter over how unfair he feels this to be, and it will take his one true friend and familiar Balam to make him understand that everything happens for a reason and that he was made to be as perfect as he could and that everyone had flaws.
Balam would know this quite well being part of a set of twins, but one who was not gifted with wings when his sister had them. He knows very well what it feels like to be cheated.
Yaro will ruminate on this for a long while and finally concede that Balam is right and will return, albeit slowly, to his old attitude and amicable ways.

3.) Like a Bird - Yaromir will discover he has a hidden talent. He is quite a lovely singer apparently. One night while he listens to Balam howling to the moon his keen ears pick up the notes in his friends voice and he slowly starts to mimic them. Balam will be ecstatic to have a singing partner and will encourage Yaro to sing with him.
Slowly but surely his talent with hone itself and Yaro will have a beautiful light tenor voice with which to entertain himself on long trips to gather supplies.

4.) One Dark and Stormy Night - Being wholly reliant on his sense of smell to get him to and from places, I'd like this to be a plot where a sudden rainstorm washes away all the scents behind him while he was out on a very long journey away from the main herd looking for something rare.
He'll take shelter in a cavern during the storm and while he listens to the driving rain and booming thunder he'll become terrified. His keen nose will have already noticed the lack of scents coming from outside the cave and lamenting he will feel like he may never find his way back. Balam will have to calm the shaking terrified mess of a stallion and convince him that everything will be okay and they'll get back perfectly safe. Yaro doesn't believe him at first but after an acceptable nights sleep in the rocky cave he decides that Balam is right and that the wolf had been sent to be his guide in situations like these. Placing all his trust in his little furry friend he is guided slowly but surely back home where he returns to his bed and feels grateful for having Balam with him. He will send a prayer of thanks to the Oneiroi for sending him the caring wolf pup when he needed him most.

((I have other ideas inside this chaos pit I call a head but my muse is going all, 'Nope I'm done for now.'
If I think of more I will edit them in. <3))

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff