Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Midwest Conventions
Anime Central 2016

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:05 am
Greetings Everyone,

Acen 2016 is in full swing right now and I wish that I was their. I'm curious as to who is at the con and how it's going. Being one of the largest Anime / Manga and Cosplay conventions in the country I wonder what big events are going on and what they are all about.

Also let us know what Cosplay outfits you have worn to this years con and what exciting things that you have done. Tell everyone how awesome this con is!! Feel free to post photos on this thread from the convention. I look forward to reading your reply's

Anime Central this year is from May 20th to May 22nd, 2016 and you can learn more about the con at it's website - Anime Central

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:01 pm
I did go to Anime Central this year, but I didn't cosplay or attend any events. Pretty embarrassing, since it's such a large con with so much to offer. I wish I would have met Patrick Seitz or Monica Rial, but the weekend just flew by. In 2015, my husband met Ryukishi07 from the visual novel group 07th Expansion, and he was thrilled. I met my fave, Crispin Freeman, in 2014 at this con. Great times have always been had, I've been attending this con since 2008.^^  

Llarian

Valiant Leaf

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:16 am
Llarian
I did go to Anime Central this year, but I didn't cosplay or attend any events. Pretty embarrassing, since it's such a large con with so much to offer. I wish I would have met Patrick Seitz or Monica Rial, but the weekend just flew by. In 2015, my husband met Ryukishi07 from the visual novel group 07th Expansion, and he was thrilled. I met my fave, Crispin Freeman, in 2014 at this con. Great times have always been had, I've been attending this con since 2008.^^

Hi Llarian,

I've always wanted to meet Monica Rial. It had to have been a thrill just to be at one of the largest cons in the country. What events would you have liked to have gone to? As for Cosplaying their are certainly other cons to do that at. A few times I either didn't wear a cosplay outfit or I had one that I was working on and not ready to wear yet. Being a Cosplay Photographer I admire all of the Cosplay Outfits and appreciate the efforts that they put into their outfits no matter what level of Cosplayer that they are.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:33 am
smithers456
Llarian

Hi Llarian,

I've always wanted to meet Monica Rial. It had to have been a thrill just to be at one of the largest cons in the country. What events would you have liked to have gone to? As for Cosplaying their are certainly other cons to do that at. A few times I either didn't wear a cosplay outfit or I had one that I was working on and not ready to wear yet. Being a Cosplay Photographer I admire all of the Cosplay Outfits and appreciate the efforts that they put into their outfits no matter what level of Cosplayer that they are.
That's good to hear. I really appreciate your attitude about cosplay - I feel that it's the best perspective to have!

I have wanted to see Samurai Dan. He is at Anime Central most years, but for whatever reason, I've never gone to see any of his events. The truth about our cosplay situation this year, is that my husband and I wanted to be Kenshin and Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin. My procrastination left too much to be done in too little a span of time, so I abandoned the project. I am hoping to take it up again in the coming weeks so we can be prepared to bring them to life at ACen 2017. ^^

Llarian

Valiant Leaf

Midwest Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces