Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
What do you Look For in a Convention Panel

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:32 am
Hello Everyone,

Most conventions have Panels. Some are for entertainment, information, work shops, etc. What do you look for in a Convention Panel? What do you like and don't like about them.

For me I tend to like information panels the best. If it's about an Anime or Manga series that I like I usually can learn more about them at these types of Panels.

Since the lines for some panels are long and can be standing room only I tend to pick only the ones that I want to go to the most. Due to that I don't get to go to as many panels as I would like to.

What I do like is panels where the people running it interact with the audience. Either taking questions or having trivia type contests.

At one Sailor Moon Panel the Sailor Moon series Cosplayers that were present were asked to come forward and let everyone know why they choose the character that they were portraying. The heart of Cosplay is Loving a certain character so much that you want show and tell the World about it.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:12 pm
I attend certain panels due to at least one of the following:
gaia_star If it's run by someone that I know. I may go support them. For examples...
- I've been to a DRAMAtical Murder (18+) panel during Otafest 2015 because I knew most of the panelists. (It was actually the first 18+ panel that I've been to. The second was Cards Against Otaku right after that panel.) I love the design of the characters and the anime as well. However, I don't like the hardcore yaoi game aspect of it, which was part of the panel. They had a dating show game, which was quite entertaining, and a Q&A about the series.
- I've also been to a Soul Eater panel during Otafest 2015 because two of my friends were part of it. I like Soul Eater. The panelists were in character, which they were totally spot on, especially their Crona. They also had a Q&A and answered in character as well!
gaia_star If I'm really into a fandom, I try my best to go.
- Still looking for a Kingdom Hearts panel to attend. >.<
gaia_star If I like a certain guest, I try my best to go to their Q&A/autograph panels.
- I've met Quinton Flynn during Otafest 2015. It was quite enjoyable to hear him speak as well as get an awesome picture with him!
- I've met Vic Mignogna during Otafest Aurora 2015. I loved to hear his stories about his past experiences as well as he totally loved my Zero (Vampire Knight) cosplay! Totally a 'senpai did noticed me' moment!

I like:
gaia_star Q&A
gaia_star cosplayers in character
gaia_star dating show games
gaia_star getting a new perspective about a favorite guest, character, or series

I don't like:
gaia_star having to wait in a line for a hour or more before a guest panel starts, where I could be doing something else during that time (My convention budget doesn't consider getting a VIP pass to save time. One day, I'll get one though. >.<)
gaia_star not entertaining panels

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash