Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:26 am
Curosity Killed the Cat. . . Or Did It?

Skinwalkers Name: The Silent Death
Skinwalkers Cert Temper: Calculating
Feline's Name: Darkheart
Feline's Personality & History: Darkheart is a solitary creature. It's not that she doesn't like company, she's just very socially awkward and just has no idea what to do with others when they're around her for a while. She is most comfortable by herself, prowling about at night under the soft moonlight, revelling in the silence and beauty of the land. Crouching down, stalking her prey, feeling strong and alive. That's what her life is about. Others just... complicate things. And she doesn't like complicated.

She'd been born in an average-sized litter to a caring mother. She'd raised them well, weaned them off at the appropriate time and then freely let them stay with her. Usually mothers wouldn't chase off their kittens unless forced to, either by harsh conditions, or when they next get pregnant if there are insufficient resources. Temporary family groups are very common. But Darkheart had always felt cramped by them. Too many cats getting in her business, ruffling her fur when she just wanted some peace. Once her brothers started to leave, she just slipped out one night. Sometimes she thinks back on her mother, but there is no regret. It's the natural way, for the children to leave the den one day. Sure, she misses the warmth of their flanks and the knowledge that others care about her, but honestly? She can barely remember their faces now, they are just fuzzy shapes from her adolescence.

Ever since she's been a fierce hunter, spending her time revelling in the chase and just surviving. Every once in a while she'll come across a handsome male and they'll have some fun, she'd even raised a couple of litters of kittens herself, but she'd always chased them away once they grew old enough to fend for themselves, pleased to return back to her familiar solidarity. That's her life, and she loves it.

Feline's Last Day:

I'm just a cat. A cat stuck in a dog-eats-dog world. Except me? I'm not even being eaten by a dog. Or a cat. Look at this. I'm being stared down by a freakin' pony.

It had been a day like any other, except maybe there was just a slight twinge of chilly foreboding creeping in on the wind. Winter was setting in fast, and I wanted to be ready for the incoming snow. Because hell, knowing my luck it'd start chucking it down tonight. Maybe that was why I could feel the ice in the air, feel it stiffen my hair until it rose across my spine like protective spikes, ready to impale whatever the season threw at me. I'd been trying to hunt extra, working on putting on the pounds. Every day, all day, I spent on the hunt, prowling for any morsels that happened to come close. Mice, voles, the occasional bird. The thought of catching something bigger, say a rabbit, maybe a pheasant, sent saliva dripping from my jaws.

Prey had become scarce lately, there was a good chance I'd have to relocate soon. The food supply had become so poor I'd had to chase off my own offspring not a few months back. My heart twinged at the memory, but I stiffened my resolve. They were better off on their own. Besides, I'm not the group-living type, only so long you can put up with their mewling for before you want some damn peace and quiet. Luckily they grew up fast, only needed two months before they could manage on their own. I'd kept them till they were four months just in case, but that had been enough. Maybe they were doing better now, maybe they stuck together and found somewhere seething with prey. My heart lurched in my chest. Damn kittens. Always get you so sentimental. I shrugged, trying to throw off the emotions. They would only weigh me down. Besides, survive this cold and I could find another handsome tom for the night, get myself another litter. Yeah, that might be a nice plan.

But for now I have to concentrate on the hunt. I raised my head, filtering out the scents that wafted to my delicate nose, passing them slowly over my scent glands. Nothing, everything was faint and muted. No hint of any animals nearby. My stomach complained audibly, the growl resonating through my chest. What a brilliant start to the day. But I had to press on, what choice was there? I made a mental note that my scent markers were getting weak. I'd have to remark the boundaries, make sure to keep others out. With prey so scarce, I'd have to defend my borders if I wanted anywhere to hunt.

I prowled onwards, keeping my head down and close to the ground. The soil retained the scents far better than anything else. The wild smell of the undergrowth flooded my senses. I absorbed the smells, sounds, sensations, and became one with the forest around me. But something was off. I turned my head slightly off to the left. Yes, there. The scent was undeniable. Like rolled oats and fresh pastures all piled into one overwhelming horse smell.

But something was off about it. I didn't have time to process it before the creature stepped out in front of me. Damn it! It'd hidden downwind. I cursed under my breath. I wasn't used to be hunted, I was the hunter damn it. And judging from the smug a** grin on the horse's face, it'd definitely been tracking me. I dropped into a crouch, teeth bared in a snarl. And that was how my life ended. A few flashes of battle later, the hard crunch of a hoof against the side of my head, and then nothing but blissful ignorance...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:55 am
The Wailing Owl Screams Solitary To The Mournful Moon

Characters Name: Scion
Character's Cert Temper: Uncaring
Character's History: He did it because he was bored. Now, to his dismay, it hadn't changed a thing.  

Teh Cheryl

Teh Cheryl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:08 am
Better Run Like The Devil

Characters Name: Sangreal
Character's Cert Temper: Mercenary
Character's Personality: He takes what he wants, regardless of what it takes to get it. People. Things. If he wants it, it'll be his eventually.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:32 am

Characters Name: Mongwau – Hopi for “owl”
Character's Cert Temper: Machiavellian
Character's History: Manipulated brother’s lover into a trap that backfired. Result: It appears love depraved corpses left in ice will change form with a winter’s kiss.

Characters Name: Legion
Character's Cert Temper: Dissociated
Character's Personality: From one to many. Each part of the spirits that make up his mind howl at the moon in different ways, but all demand blood for the thrill of the hunt.  

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:52 am

Characters Name: Mingan
Character's Cert Temper: Calculative
Character's Personality: Calculative and cunning, this clever schemer is searching not only for his next meal, but his rightful place on top of the food chain.

And because I panic and can't think clearly when it comes to deadlines:
Deck The Halls With-- OMG RUN! RUN!!

Skinwalkers Name: Nyght
Skinwalkers Cert Temper: Sly
Original Christmas Song Name: Let it Snow

OH THE TIMING RIGHT HERE IS FRIGHTFUL
BUT THE PONIES ARE SO DELIGHTFUL
BUT SINCE I'VE GOT AN HOUR FOR CITING
LET'S START WRITING
LET'S START WRITING
LET'S START WRITING

IT'S GOT A CLEAR TIME FOR ENDING
AN HOUR, I'LL SURE BE SPENDING
I THINK MY CATS ARE FIGHTING
LET'S START WRITING
LET'S START WRITING
LET'S START WRITING

WHEN THIS AWESOME THING ENDS, OH NO -
HOW I'LL REGRET I DIDN'T START DAYS AGO
OH TUMBLR, WHY ARE YOU SO EXCITING
LET'S START WRITING
LET'S START WRITING
LET'S START WRITING  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:59 am

Characters Name: Maddex "Mad Coyote"
Character's Cert Temper: Wild
Character's Personality: Sneakily stalking its prey, he thought he was cunning, never realising that he was the one being preyed on. It was a quick death. He will not die a second time.

Characters Name: Lethe
Character's Cert Temper: Wry
Character's History: Seek for the great white owl in winter, one who sees all, they say. Concealing the bitter frost's deception, one who devour your sanity, your warmth, your life.  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:50 pm
After much deliberation, and discussion with some judges, we have narrowed our list of winners! Please note that there were many, many, many of you that I wanted to win or throw prizes at. Unfortunately, I could only bring it down to 4 winners. . . . . Please, all of you, don't give up! Some of your concepts were great, I just only had so much wiggle room and so many pets to give.

So, without further adieu, please congratulate the following winners!

Uta's Coyote:
Tsunake

Deejaye's Owl:
Fea Line

Eskimo's Cat:
Gl!tch~

Zaikt's Bat:
Kettyn

Thank you everyone for participating! Good luck in the flaffle!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:12 pm
Grats winners! <3  

Lunadriel

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:14 pm
congrats you guys <333  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:31 pm