Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:07 pm
The little blue flutter's gaze was locked on the floor in front of her as she attempted to regain some sense of composure. She still felt like pitching a fit, but she was just so exhausted now. It didn't feel worth the energy. She'd rather just go crawl into bed and never emerge.

Only when the cup was put into her view did her stare waver. She glanced up at it, seemed to hesitate, then a feeling of resignation washed over her tired form and she reached up to take the cup. Her fingertips raw, she awkwardly held the cup between her palms only, staring at the contents before taking a sip. It was cool and sweet, refreshing to her parched throat.

Had she learned anything? Probably not. At least, nothing that they'd tried to teach her. It was true, she'd been singularly focused since she'd been here on getting out. Anything they said or did was assumed a lie or a trap, so she shut them out as completely as she could. The entire struggle and act had eaten away at her and become harder and harder to maintain, but the thought of getting home to her Momma and her family had driven her onward, even when she wanted to give in.

So, what was this about a bigger picture? A solution? She'd had to face her own realization shortly before that just being allowed to leave wasn't actually a solution, as she had no idea what to do afterwards. But, if there was a solution...she wasn't seeing it.

After a moment, she took another sip and replied with her own inquiry, "And just what solution is that?"

Antidia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:28 pm
After taking a sip of the nectar herself, Belwen chuckled. "Xiulan, I'm not going to just tell you what to do. That would be cheating. You need to learn it yourself. And like I said, if you had been paying attention, you'd know what you need to do. So maybe you should take some time to consider the things you've been taught."

The queen fluttered slowly towards Xiulan's fallen figure. She landed softly,, knelt and took Xiu's hand in one fluid motion. She pulled the young girl towards her into an embrace. She was careful to not force it, but just led Xiu into her arms. She radiated love and warmth, and prayed Xiu could feel it. "Dear Heart, I love you. And I will protect you. Don't ever forget that." Belwen whispered softly into Xiu's ear, hinting at least in part how she can help.

A couple of tears slide down the queen's cheeks, and she pulled back to meet Xiulan's eyes. "Can you trust me? I promise I will work on my trust, if you work on yours."

Teigra

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:45 pm
Almost comically, Xiulan's antennae drooped at the Queen's response. Of course, she wouldn't just tell her. That'd be too simple. Maybe she should have been paying more attention instead of just arbitrarily shutting everything out. Well, she would have to figure out now what it was they'd been trying to push on her, so she could figure out just what in the world they wanted from her.

She was too tired to fight as the Queen drew her into her embrace. She could feel the genuine nature of the monarch's words, though she still couldn't understand why or where this came from...she would have possibly cried again, if she wasn't far beyond that level of exhausted at this point. She was completely spent, emotionally and now physically as well. Feeling only tiredness weighing on her tiny shoulders, she sighed and leaned against the Queen.

She pondered her words as the Queen leaned back to look at her. Trust her? She didn't trust anyone here, though. The emotional outpouring she'd had in this room had been the closest thing to 'trust' that she'd shared with any of the other flutters, having locked all that away in secret until now. Biting her lip in thought, she finally offered, "...I'll try."

She set the cup aside, lightly wringing her sore hands. "Um...I'm not feeling so well. Maybe I should go lie down..." She was feeling emotionally drained and wanted to sleep...but had a feeling, she'd be awake for a long while yet, turning a few things over in her mind. "Um...unless you still need help with these..." Her hands weren't exactly excited about doing more detailed work, but...

Antidia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:08 pm
Belwen stepped away from the teenager and smiled. "Good." She gracefully moved to sit on her large pillow and started weaving the flowers together again. "I do appreciate your help, sweetest, but I think I can manage the last two. You can go if you like. I'll be stepping out shortly myself because the cook assistants deserve a lecture, too." She winked at the girl, referring to the initial reason she was called to see the queen in the first place.

"Xiulan, don't give up hope."

Teigra

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items