1. Gyvzx
  2. Nadian
  3. Prof. Moonie
  4. My cutsbleedRainbows
View Results

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:47 pm
You know how this works, you get a theme, make an avatar, it closes, you get to find out what the prize is, voting starts, and then voting closes, and a winner is selected.

This week's theme is Elements. That could be, the four basic ones of magic, actual elements from the periodic table, or some of the more obscure elements of magic.

This is a rare contest where a scientist would fit right in next to a wizard.

1. Gyvzx User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 2. Nadian User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 3. Prof. Moonie User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 4. MycutsbleedRainbows User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This week's prize is: Monthly Collectable for June 2015  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:35 pm
Well then I suppose I'll enter this. The element is fungus. mrgreen  

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:53 pm
Is a cat elemental acceptable?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:58 pm
Nadian

I dont know if its acceptable. But it is adorable. cat_3nodding  

Gyzvx

Friendly Explorer

11,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:38 pm
Nadian
Uh...... I mean, if we go with science you can break a cat down into something that's not a cat. and, most forms of magic isn't, cat powered. But, who am I to say?

If you want to make the cat element a thing, say so and I'll add it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:56 pm
wellwisher
Nadian
Uh...... I mean, if we go with science you can break a cat down into something that's not a cat. and, most forms of magic isn't, cat powered. But, who am I to say?

If you want to make the cat element a thing, say so and I'll add it.

Sure. I kind of figure that this is about having fun and if people get a chuckle out of it then that's my real mission here. That and added participants. 3nodding  

Nadian
Crew

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:00 am
Alright, I'm going to submit this avi as my entry. It's the Element of Fantasy.

In case anyone wants to know what fantasy novels/series I'm representing, here they are (top to bottom):

Snitch - Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Cat ears - Warriors series by Erin Hunter
"Drink Me" bottle - Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Green dress and circlet - The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien
Broken sword - Shannara series by Terry Brooks
Dragon - Song of Ice and Fire (a.k.a. Game of Thrones) series by George R.R. Martin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:06 pm
Is greed a element of magic?
If it is I would like to submit my avatar in contest under the element of greed magic.

Turn-Based Addict

Backwoods Phantom

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:48 pm
You know, Fungi, Cats, Fantasy, and Greed were not the elements I had in mind. But you know what? I ain't even mad. We have some real creative ideas on what is considered an element, or what could be considered an element given the right circumstances.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:24 pm
wellwisher
You know, Fungi, Cats, Fantasy, and Greed were not the elements I had in mind. But you know what? I ain't even mad. We have some real creative ideas on what is considered an element, or what could be considered an element given the right circumstances.

Case in point: Pizza Elemental.  

Nadian
Crew

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:06 pm
When I return from work tomorrow the contest will close.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:27 pm
wellwisher

Originally I planned on working with the type of elements you listed (i.e. water, earth, etc.) but once I started playing around with the items I have, none of my creations were turning out to be something I was satisfied with. Or.... they ended up looking similar to my past contest entries. sweatdrop

In the end, I created something that didn't fall into the original idea concepts you listed. However, in a way, my entry still falls into the "element" theme you established. I went with a Literary Element direction with a focus on Fantasy... or simply "Element of Fantasy". whee

"A literary element is an inherent constituent of all works of narrative fiction—a necessary feature of verbal storytelling that could be found in any written or spoken narrative."

"Magic is the most basic element of fantasy, whether it's Harry Potter waving his wand or the Cheshire Cat's ability to disappear." - X  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:13 am
I was going to try to make an "element of surprise" avatar, but realized I didn't have enough ninja-y items to fulfill it. So I'm gonna sit out of the competition this week. sweatdrop

Besides, I expect Okami to come in at the last minute and kill the contest with one of her many amazing fire elemental avatars anyway. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:10 pm
Hiddochi wolf
I was going to try to make an "element of surprise" avatar, but realized I didn't have enough ninja-y items to fulfill it. So I'm gonna sit out of the competition this week. sweatdrop

Besides, I expect Okami to come in at the last minute and kill the contest with one of her many amazing fire elemental avatars anyway. razz

That was something I considered doing too but none of my items would've made it happen, lol. xd  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:42 pm
Contest is now closed.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!