Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OFFICE] Professor Winter's Office Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:16 am
This is the Office of Professor Winter

The office is neat and tidy, with a large ornate desk within line of sight of the door, with two visitor's chairs sitting in front of it. Against one wall is a bookshelf, each tome organized alphabetically except for the bottom shelf, which holds books that have no name, but look rather hefty and elegant. The walls are decorated with lovely and framed art pieces, as well as a few awards that are dedicated to her. It's a very comfortable looking room, but still somehow very formal.

This office is also always open to guests, or students dropping off homework.

Quote:

Feel free to post in this thread at any time if your student or horseman wishes to speak to Professor Winter. Please remember to quote me if you do!

I am also always available by PM, or by AIM (sanguincarn) if you need to speak to a GM, or would like to discuss plots that may involve Professor Winter.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Professor Winter
Played by Enoh Love / Previously played and originally designed by Yinesa

Nicknames: Professor Winter will never answer to a nickname.

Faction/Race: Demon

Personality: Winter lives by a 'do as I say, not as I do' code of rules and ethics; to her students, she is a no-nonsense dignitary, but once on her own and out of sight of her students and coworkers, she does enjoy letting go a little and having fun. Her goal in life is to teach those socially awkward miscreants to be active and functioning members of whatever society they end up in, and will beat it into them if she has to.

Though she is ruthlessly strict with the students, she does have a weakness: chocolate. It's the fastest way into her good graces, and she's more likely to be (minutely) lenient on those who offer some to her. So long as it's quality, of course.

What do they teach at Amityville Academy?: Etiquette: A Finishing Course that focuses on Racial Cultures.

Nat Ability/FEAR: Winter has the ability to summon an apparition to do her bidding - after all, a Demoness of her stature has no need to get her hands dirty! The apparition itself is a large, rather intimidating Gentleman Shadow whose primary use is to act as a butler at times, but can also be summoned to fight for her if necessary (uses Swift Strikes).

Physical Description:
Professor Winter stands at a solid 5'9, though she easily reaches an even 6'0" when wearing her customary high heels. She is slender, toned, and takes great, meticulous pride in her appearance, as a proper Demon should.
Eye Colour: Gold
Hair Colour: Dark purple - typically worn in a wrapped braid around the back of her head.
Skin Colour: Light blue
Clothing Style: Knee-length pencil skirts with varying tops, overall very Business-like.
Extra: Sports pointed ears, small fangs, a small pair of horns in her head, a thin arrow tipped tail, and normally she has bat like wings, but she typically glamours those away.

Reference Images
The Rules - By Bittiface
Professor Winter and Butler - by Enoh Love  

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

Student Interaction

Professor Winter is open for student interactions!
  • Though her field of expertise is etiquette, she is still a Professor at the Academy. As such, she is available to assist with every day student activity, up to and including:
    • Having trouble, and need a Professor to speak to? Professor Winter would be glad to hear your troubles. Over tea, of course.
    • Have a small event that needs a chaperone? Professor Winter will volunteer her free time. (please note that some events need GM/Admin approval before launching - if you're unsure, please feel free to ask me!)
    • Feel like your student needs detention? Professor Winter will give you detention. Happily.
    • ??? Anything! As a Professor, she is there for your student. As a GM, I am here to help you with anything you need help with! Please feel free to approach me (by PM/AIM), and we'll work together to do the thing.

Mentoring

So far, Professor Winter is not available as a mentor.

RPs with Professor Winter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 am
Class Information

Welcome, Class!
  • Link: [ x ]
  • Synopsis: Due to a scheduling error, the students that attended this class quite literally did nothing. They sat in the room, without direction, until a janitorial gnome kicked them out.

Welcome, Class! - Round 2
  • Synopsis: A short class, outlining Winter's plan to have interested students visit the homes and cultures of their peers.

Title
  • Synopsis:

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 am

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:18 am
this will probably be nothing but you never really know  

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:22 am

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:52 pm
(We're supposed to rp dropping off the form here right?)

Once the Etiquette class was over, Camilla immediately scurries back to her Dorm to call her parents! "Hi guys!" she chirps to her minis as she enters her dorm before retrieveing her eyePhone from her pocket and setting down at her grand dinning table. Quickly she scrolls through her list of contacts which... in all honesty wasn't that long... When she gets to her dads number she gives a happy tail wag before calling!

She waits patiently for a few moments while kicking her feet happily until she hears a warm deep "Hello? Camilla?" smiling she nods "Hi dad! I'd like to ask you a question!" she states cheerfully before continuing. "I join a Etiquette class today and the teacher, A demoness named Ms. Winter wants to take us on a small series of Field Trips so we can learn about other culture's and creature's Etiquette! So may I go? Oh! And can I sign Mouseshire up for one of the possible Field Trip destinations?!" she explains before asking excitedly

Her father listens patiently to her explaination before smiling and laughing a bit at her enthusiasm. "An Etiquette class you say? Of course you may go on a Field Trip Camilla! About Mouseshire though... I don't see why not! We have one of our annual balls coming up soon, and that might be a good opportunity for your class to learn both casual and formal Mouseshirean Etiquette! I'll inform your mother that we might be having extra guests soon." he responds cheerfully "Ooo! Yay! Thanks dad! There's no guarantee Mouseshire will get picked but if it does I'll call!" she says gleefully causing him to laugh a bit "Hah hah your welcome honey! Now I have to go. I've got a important business meeting soon. Talk to you later!" he says which has Camilla nodding "Alright dad! Bye!" she chirps before they both hang up.

Ok! Now that she had her father's permission she could take in the form! Excitedly the Dormouse ghoul grabs the form and rushes out of her dorm! When she was in the hallway where the staff offices were she slows down to look at the name plates until she makes a pleased ah ha sound! "Ah! Here's Ms. Winter's office!" she announces to herself happily before knocking on the door to see if she was there. When no response came Camilla frowns a bit but out of curiosity tries the Doorknob... It was unlocked... "Hm..." she hums musingly as she wondered what she should do... Finally with a nod she gently pushes the door open "Ms. Winter?" she calls off softly incase the teacher was actually here...

When no response came still, Camilla decides that Ms. Winter had told them to drop off the form in their office and if she left her door unlocked that was pretty might a invite to come in right? Still... Well, either way she was inside now and all she wanted to do was drop off the form! And so with that she quietly walks up to the desk and lays the form in the inbox section with a pleased tail wag before turning and retreating out the way she came.

She left the door as it was however incase other students needed to drop off things!  

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:25 pm
REPORT: Halloween 2k15 Human Studies
Character Name:
Nerisei

Report:
While I was exploring the human world, there were many strange actions they seemed keen to take. It appeared as if one human saw me, or maybe they thought they saw an apparition, for they circled me nine times before showing relief. Maybe they assumed this type of behavior would send me away...but it clearly did not.

Another human held the breath in their lungs when they passed a cemetery. They wouldn't breath until after they crossed the land, making me thing they might have been trying to sneak by without any spirits finding them. Or maybe it was another practice to ward their fear away. It all seemed foolish and didn't work at all, but the humans were quite content once they completed their rituals.

Would I go back to the Human World again:
Yes, it is my duty to protect the trees from the humans and their foolish ways.
One thing I wonder about Humans:
Why don't they fight their demons? It seems strange to dance around a spirit instead of face it head on.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:32 pm
Character Name: Lock Blackwood
Report:

The human world is very strange. They are starving creatures, as indicatied by their need to hoard food. and they often mumble to themselves in the street. However, in some aspects they are rather intelligent and should be commended.

For example, they hold their breaths while walking by cemeteries. This is to prevent themselves from inhaling excess amounts of FEAR as they walk by. As we all know, humans are creatures that cannot handle excess amounts of FEAR, so inhaling airborne FEAR particles from the cemeteries probably kills them. It is a pretty smart strategy.

Another example might be how they create pebble rings to prevent fire minipets from destroying their houses. The pebble rings create nice targets, and allow them to direct the creatures' fiery breath away from their precious belongings. It is a defense mechanism against creatures that harm them. I suspect that if we disrupt these pebble rings, we can implement more damage to their world and create more FEAR from their anguish.

Overall, humans are certainly well adapted to our FEAR methods, and we should study them more as a means of learning their weaknesses.

Would I go back to the Human World again: Yes, to observe the humans more.
One thing I wonder about Humans: I still have not figured out their main weaknesses. Also, why are they starving? Is there some type of food shortage in the human world?  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:30 pm
Character Name: Lucretia Falke
Report:

Upon arrival in the human home I found many strange occurences. Listed are the encounters, my observations, and a summary of their potential meanings.

HUMAN KNOCKING ON WALL: In one room a human was knocking on a wall. There appeared to be no purpose of this. Intrigued, I knocked upon the wall three distinct times in order to make my presence known. It has been noted humans are very unhappy when creatures enter their habitations without announcement. The human, accompanied by another, began to exhibit paranoia and talked about the Knock of Death. Worried that perhaps I might have harmed them in some way, I left immediately. NOTE: The humans were later seen perfectly fine.

From what I can gather, humans believe that the sound of three knocks symbols death and or knocking on a human three times can cause their death. I was unaware that a creature could be killed in such a fashion. It would be wise to not do this in front of other humans, as it made them paranoid and afraid of a sinister "spirit" in their home. Very peculiar.

HUMANS AND CANDLES
In a separate room I found four people standing around lit candles. One was not paying much attention and her sleeve came precariously close to the flame. Not wishing to be blamed for a burn on the human, I decided to blow out the candle. Upon the extinguish, the four girls all began to scream in terror.

From this instance we can partake in much information. Firstly, while humans have command over fire, they are very casual with fire and do not fear being burned. This is stunning and perhaps the first example of a power that we Halloweeners do not contain. Furthermore, if it is not the flame, then perhaps the smoke is dangerous to humans? This would make little sense, but not much that humans do MAKES sense. I cannot figure out more, but it is clear that the ritual potential burning gossiping over candles is of utmost import and an extinguished flame is tantamount to terror.

HUMANS WITH STRANGE BOARD
After exploring the home I returned to the girls that had held the candle ritual. They had lit more candles, turned off the lights, and sat around a table silently. One human had in front of her a board with odd symbols, letters, and numbers. She had a triangular plug with a crystal center, and she held the bottom of the device while whispering for a spirit to answer them. It was very strange, but it was clear they wanted an answer and I was curious to what they would or could do if they got a response. I first wrote out hello by moving the females hand to the specific letters. Upon getting a response, they became enthused. I was asked what they loved the most. As seeing so many humans running around collecting sugary treats, I figured out that Candy had to be the most important. I spelled out Candy and they said it was some Chris. Finally the human that nearly burnt themselves upon the candle asked if they would get married. I wrote Probably Not. Upon this response the girls squealed with laughter and I was left with a pounding headache.

The use of the odd board and the plug must be a ritual summoning or perhaps a way to speak to invisible beings? Or maybe a weird cultural thing that humans do in order to play pranks and tell one another things they can't outloud. For example, the one touching the plug asks who they like and the device spells out a name of a participant there! Yes, this is a very real possibility.

BLACK CAT
There was a cat. It meow. It meowed at me. It could see me. It could see me and I was terrified.

FEAR CATS. AVOID CATS. THEY CAN SEE YOU. THEY CAN UNDERSTAND YOU. THEY ARE DANGEROUS. PLEASE WARN EVERYONE.

Would I go back to the Human World again: Yes, but I would avoid cats or perhaps seek out cats.
One thing I wonder about Humans: How have they not understood the power of cats?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:59 pm
Admittedly, Strider had been so terrified of the human world that he'd forgotten what the assignment was completely. So he just sort of scribbled down some things he saw as though it was a free write journal and called that appropriate.

Character Name: Strider "Crash" Z'trios
Report:

In the human world they were really weird they had a really annoying cat and tiny scarelings that wouldn't go away. Also they laughed about knocks of death and I'm not sure what that means but it doesn't sound good? Also their poted plants are terrible, they don't even bite or anything. Also they like walking around their houses I guess. Whatever.

Anyways I don't know about superstitons they just seem like weird people in general and we should probably avoid them because we don't want to catch their stupid.

Would I go back to the Human World again: No.
One thing I wonder about Humans: Do they ever shut up?  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:30 pm
Character Name: Callista Snow
Report: When I first stepped into the human world, I was surprised to how many young ones were running around. I can only assume it isn't normal, and mainly to celebrate their holiday of Halloween. I chose to go inside a home, where I felt like I'd be able to see into their lives more clearly.

The first thing I stumbled upon was their 'Ouija board'. I don't quite understand it myself, but apparently they believed that they can talk to 'spirits' using it. I may have teased them a bit and scared them off. Just a little bit. I wanted to apologize but they ran off but never came back.

Once the doorbell rang, an older human came to the door and gave little humans candy. The costumes were kind of mediocre at best, but they seemed pretty excited about the candy. At least they were not like our treats where some could get a bite out of the consumer; that would have been interesting.

(( Originally, she had written a bit here about how she felt like she was spotted, but didn't want to get in trouble so it was, ultimately, deleted. ))

The last thing I stumbled upon was a small library in the home. There seemed to be many books into which I could learn about the Human World, but every so often, I would step on a floorboard that would creak. I had felt bad enough scaring them with the board, so I left soon after the library was discovered. I regret not taking a book or two and returning it later.
Would I go back to the Human World again: I don't know if I'd be heading back to the human world any time soon, but maybe when they're not celebrating Halloween. There would probably be much more to learn.
One thing I wonder about Humans: They like being scared and/or intoxicated.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:42 pm
Character Name: Hayden Baja
Report:

Humans are very very strange. All of the things they did were odd and made no sense! Even the things I thought I could figure out about them was strange and made no sense. They are hard in their habits though, even going as far as to walk backwards (which I tried to do and is very very hard).

Would I go back to the Human World again: Yes, I want to know more about them!
One thing I wonder about Humans: Why are they so strange?  

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:49 pm
Character Name: Torsten Raijinn
Report:

Humans are...quite pleasing. It seems that they are rather distracted by the night sky and all it offers. But...they need to watch where they walk...so I don't understand this. Though I am pleased to report Ma'am that they honor Halloween Town by dressing in our likeness. They have scarelings too! They were so small! Though, a few were too small for their gear. I doubt they can gather any amount of FEAR that way...but oh well.

A few of the bigger humans went away to start forest fires it seemed. That is a hazard and as such I believe that humans should be given limited use of fire. Ah...also they seem to be rather scared of ghosts. So...i believe we should train our ghost students to really up their game. As I saw one tying knots into cloth, i do think we need to monitor our targets before scaring.

We want them in one piece mentally as well or else they can't process Fear right.

Would I go back to the Human World again: Yes, i would like to see their scarelings again.
One thing I wonder about Humans: Do they always attempt fores fires?  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff