Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kari is Kute

Adorable Datemate

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:40 am
Hello!
First of all, thanks for poppin' into this thread. Hopefully the title - although it's super bland - intrigued you and you're able to sit through my messy plot.
I'm Kari, and this is the idea I'm going for. Be warned, I literally dreamed this up today - like, literally. This was my dream, I woke up and wanted to roleplay it.
So, there's probably a lot of errors, gaps, and just all around messy-ness in this idea. But please, don't let that scare you! I think it could be a great roleplay if we put our heads together and discuss and play it out!

A little more information about me. I'm a college student with a part time job. I will be sure to post once a day, and on my days off you can expect that to be even more. I'm an advance lit roleplayer, but I definitely mirror who I'm roleplaying with. So you won't have to worry about me giving you ten paragraphs when you only gave me two. You'll get what you give me.
As horrible as this thread looks, I actually can make pretty threads. I just didn't want to put a lot of energy into this one thread, but if you decide to roleplay with me then of course I'll make a different thread and that one will be fancy.

Please quote me or PM me if you're interested!

There is a community that lays isolated and cut off from the world, but it is not without reason. All of the residents in this place have a 'gift', they're able to see supernatural beings. Of course, they're just normal humans, and this ability to hyper-perceive has been passed down through many generations. A few lineages have taken it a step further, some are able to bond with spirits, some able to converse with them - but a rare commodity is to be able to manipulate them.
We live in a dark world, not all spirits are good, and not all humans are either.
This place was created to be a community, to teach young ones about their ability to perceive - to possibly strengthen and mold this ability - and to give everyone a normal lifestyle. But the community soon grew into a town, with so many people and differentiating ideals, it becomes hard to teach good methods; and soon darkness falls over.

Remember how not all humans are good? Well, we're not even sure if he's human anymore.
As said before, there are a few rare humans who are able to manipulate spirits, this of course wasn't discovered until one human actual did it. As the saying goes, with power comes responsibility, but what happens when you let that power run amok? When this power was discovered in a young boy, some were thrilled, others didn't know what it meant for this community but went along with it. Of course, at such a young age most adults will deny that there is any evil in children - but this one held pure malice. He was a talented child, able to excel at a lot of things - you see, this community had a school for all the children to learn about their abilities, how to control them, how to harness them. So naturally for him, going through school was said to be a breeze. He excelled at everything, most people only have one ability, but he seemed to be able to do them all. Talk to spirits, bond with them, manipulate them, cast them away. As he grew, there began a few murders, and when he was suddenly questioned for them - they stopped. Most didn't want to outwardly say he was the cause - after all, he was so gifted, it would be such a shame to use his powers in such a disgusting way. But then he disappeared. One night, he was just gone, and no one knew where he went.
A few days after his disappearance, more strange things began to happen, over the course of a few years people began to go missing at night. It had begun like a pattern, and so people found a way to counter this.
A long time ago you could roam at night, free of care. Now, people lock their children up before the sun goes down and every night there are chants cast over their homes for when they sleep.

Fast forward a few more years, everyone has learned how to keep themselves safe - although it's a lengthy and tiring process to cast chants every night, it works. No one has forgotten about the boy, and most know it's him and he is somewhere lurking - doing what? Who knows. But time keeps moving, even if you want it to stop. A new student to the community comes in, another boy of average looks. But he's smart, a genius even. He excels in academics, and is gifted with two attributes, bonding with spirits and casting them away. His attitude though, is poor, he never talks to anyone else and is so stand-offish. Although he's the top in school, no one likes talking to him. Except one girl does, she makes a point to try and talk to him every day. For her - for some reason - this average looking boy was love at first sight. The minute he strolled into the classroom, she had already been hit by cupids arrow.

Alright, so that's sort of the basic plot, let me go into more detail.
So, the community grew into a town, not quite a city so there's many people but not too many. There's a school that teaches a regular curriculum, along with one that teaches minors how to use their abilities. Our characters will be the two students. One, average looking boy who is the school genius. Two, perky average girl.
For her, it's love at first sight. For him, it's not as if he hates her, it's more like he doesn't care either way. So she asks him out, and not caring either way, he says sure. She continues to talk to him, and although he's bothered by the constant attention he isn't rude. Both live in the dorms just a few yards away from the school, and one night she forgets to enchant her room. This begins our journey. Of course she is taken to the place where so many others are as well. When his only friend goes missing, he feels a slight tug on his heart. Something must be done to keep this town safe, and someone has to be the one to get rid of what everyone refers to as, The Dark One.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 pm
Kari is Kute
Hello!
First of all, thanks for poppin' into this thread. Hopefully the title - although it's super bland - intrigued you and you're able to sit through my messy plot.
I'm Kari, and this is the idea I'm going for. Be warned, I literally dreamed this up today - like, literally. This was my dream, I woke up and wanted to roleplay it.
So, there's probably a lot of errors, gaps, and just all around messy-ness in this idea. But please, don't let that scare you! I think it could be a great roleplay if we put our heads together and discuss and play it out!

A little more information about me. I'm a college student with a part time job. I will be sure to post once a day, and on my days off you can expect that to be even more. I'm an advance lit roleplayer, but I definitely mirror who I'm roleplaying with. So you won't have to worry about me giving you ten paragraphs when you only gave me two. You'll get what you give me.
As horrible as this thread looks, I actually can make pretty threads. I just didn't want to put a lot of energy into this one thread, but if you decide to roleplay with me then of course I'll make a different thread and that one will be fancy.

Please quote me or PM me if you're interested!

There is a community that lays isolated and cut off from the world, but it is not without reason. All of the residents in this place have a 'gift', they're able to see supernatural beings. Of course, they're just normal humans, and this ability to hyper-perceive has been passed down through many generations. A few lineages have taken it a step further, some are able to bond with spirits, some able to converse with them - but a rare commodity is to be able to manipulate them.
We live in a dark world, not all spirits are good, and not all humans are either.
This place was created to be a community, to teach young ones about their ability to perceive - to possibly strengthen and mold this ability - and to give everyone a normal lifestyle. But the community soon grew into a town, with so many people and differentiating ideals, it becomes hard to teach good methods; and soon darkness falls over.

Remember how not all humans are good? Well, we're not even sure if he's human anymore.
As said before, there are a few rare humans who are able to manipulate spirits, this of course wasn't discovered until one human actual did it. As the saying goes, with power comes responsibility, but what happens when you let that power run amok? When this power was discovered in a young boy, some were thrilled, others didn't know what it meant for this community but went along with it. Of course, at such a young age most adults will deny that there is any evil in children - but this one held pure malice. He was a talented child, able to excel at a lot of things - you see, this community had a school for all the children to learn about their abilities, how to control them, how to harness them. So naturally for him, going through school was said to be a breeze. He excelled at everything, most people only have one ability, but he seemed to be able to do them all. Talk to spirits, bond with them, manipulate them, cast them away. As he grew, there began a few murders, and when he was suddenly questioned for them - they stopped. Most didn't want to outwardly say he was the cause - after all, he was so gifted, it would be such a shame to use his powers in such a disgusting way. But then he disappeared. One night, he was just gone, and no one knew where he went.
A few days after his disappearance, more strange things began to happen, over the course of a few years people began to go missing at night. It had begun like a pattern, and so people found a way to counter this.
A long time ago you could roam at night, free of care. Now, people lock their children up before the sun goes down and every night there are chants cast over their homes for when they sleep.

Fast forward a few more years, everyone has learned how to keep themselves safe - although it's a lengthy and tiring process to cast chants every night, it works. No one has forgotten about the boy, and most know it's him and he is somewhere lurking - doing what? Who knows. But time keeps moving, even if you want it to stop. A new student to the community comes in, another boy of average looks. But he's smart, a genius even. He excels in academics, and is gifted with two attributes, bonding with spirits and casting them away. His attitude though, is poor, he never talks to anyone else and is so stand-offish. Although he's the top in school, no one likes talking to him. Except one girl does, she makes a point to try and talk to him every day. For her - for some reason - this average looking boy was love at first sight. The minute he strolled into the classroom, she had already been hit by cupids arrow.

Alright, so that's sort of the basic plot, let me go into more detail.
So, the community grew into a town, not quite a city so there's many people but not too many. There's a school that teaches a regular curriculum, along with one that teaches minors how to use their abilities. Our characters will be the two students. One, average looking boy who is the school genius. Two, perky average girl.
For her, it's love at first sight. For him, it's not as if he hates her, it's more like he doesn't care either way. So she asks him out, and not caring either way, he says sure. She continues to talk to him, and although he's bothered by the constant attention he isn't rude. Both live in the dorms just a few yards away from the school, and one night she forgets to enchant her room. This begins our journey. Of course she is taken to the place where so many others are as well. When his only friend goes missing, he feels a slight tug on his heart. Something must be done to keep this town safe, and someone has to be the one to get rid of what everyone refers to as, The Dark One.

I love this idea!! I would love to role-play this! Get back to me when ever you can and we can get the final parts figured out of who plays who smile  

anastasia1125

Profitable Entrepreneur

3,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

Kari is Kute

Adorable Datemate

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:25 pm
anastasia1125

Hey! I'm back~
Do you play both genders? I can try to make this a double-up if possible, but I was hoping to play the girl since the plot takes off once she gets captured.
Another possible player would be The Dark One, and we could come up with another girl if you'd like.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:49 pm
Kari is Kute
anastasia1125

Hey! I'm back~
Do you play both genders? I can try to make this a double-up if possible, but I was hoping to play the girl since the plot takes off once she gets captured.
Another possible player would be The Dark One, and we could come up with another girl if you'd like.

Yes I can play both genders and sure we can double up. We can figure out a way to do that if you'd like smile  

anastasia1125

Profitable Entrepreneur

3,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

Kari is Kute

Adorable Datemate

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:01 pm
anastasia1125
Kari is Kute
anastasia1125

Hey! I'm back~

Yes I can play both genders and sure we can double up. We can figure out a way to do that if you'd like smile

I'm fine either way, we could or don't have to come up with something based on what you want!  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:05 pm
Kari is Kute

I'm fine either way, we could or don't have to come up with something based on what you want!

Okay I will be the guys if you'd like to play the girls. smile no problem there

do you want me to create any character sheets for them and if yes what all would you like me to put in them smile  

anastasia1125

Profitable Entrepreneur

3,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

Kari is Kute

Adorable Datemate

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:44 pm
anastasia1125
Kari is Kute

do you want me to create any character sheets for them and if yes what all would you like me to put in them smile

We can just start out with the main two, and then we can both control the Dark One when necessary, how's that?

Also, here's a little skeleton, should be something fast and easy? I'm setting up the thread as we speak, it's taking me a bit because I'm trying to find the perfect style.

[imgleft]100x100ICON[/imgleft][size=15][color=white]x x x x x[/color]❜__ [strike]last[/strike] , [i]first[/i].[/size]
[color=white]x x x x x x[/color][size=7][i]▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉[/i][/size]
[color=white]x x[/color][size=9][u]t r a i t 1[/u]. [u]t r a i t 2[/u]. [u]t r a i t 3[/u].[/size]

[size=11]
[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]█ ➳ ▌: role
[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]█ ➳ ▌: age
[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]█ ➳ ▌: orientation [/size]

[imgleft]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/IcHiChAn4EvA/fa-1.jpg[/imgleft][align=justify] personality/bio paragraph or whatever~[/align]

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:48 pm
Kari is Kute
anastasia1125
Kari is Kute

We can just start out with the main two, and then we can both control the Dark One when necessary, how's that?

Also, here's a little skeleton, should be something fast and easy? I'm setting up the thread as we speak, it's taking me a bit because I'm trying to find the perfect style.

[imgleft]100x100ICON[/imgleft][size=15][color=white]x x x x x[/color]❜__ [strike]last[/strike] , [i]first[/i].[/size]
[color=white]x x x x x x[/color][size=7][i]▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉[/i][/size]
[color=white]x x[/color][size=9][u]t r a i t 1[/u]. [u]t r a i t 2[/u]. [u]t r a i t 3[/u].[/size]

[size=11]
[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]█ ➳ ▌: role
[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]█ ➳ ▌: age
[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]█ ➳ ▌: orientation [/size]

[imgleft]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/IcHiChAn4EvA/fa-1.jpg[/imgleft][align=justify] personality/bio paragraph or whatever~[/align]

Awesome!
Do you want the characters here or on the thread by chance?  

anastasia1125

Profitable Entrepreneur

3,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

Kari is Kute

Adorable Datemate

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:52 pm
anastasia1125

You could post it here, and I'll just transfer it to the thread.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:08 pm
Kari is Kute
anastasia1125

Awesome just making sure

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.x x x x xMichaels , Dante.
x x x x x x▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉
x xIntelligent. Adventurous. Distant.

xxxxxx█ ➳ ▌: "The Bad Boy"
xxxxxx█ ➳ ▌: 18
xxxxxx█ ➳ ▌: About 5'6" and 180 pounds

User Image
Personality- Seems distant but that doesn't make him not smart. He seems like his life is just running in a loop and he's just trying to get through it as painless as possible.He feels almost heart broken when she did not return to school and he can't hide it any longer.
Back Story- His mother was taken when he was 8 years old. No one would ever tell him what happened to try not to scare him. She was working late and did not cast the protective charms to help her walk home when she vanished with out a trace. He knows the same thing has happened again but this time he wont stand by and let it happen.

anastasia1125

Profitable Entrepreneur

3,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

Kari is Kute

Adorable Datemate

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:13 pm
anastasia1125
Kari is Kute
anastasia1125

Awesome just making sure

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.x x x x xMichaels , Dante.

User Image
Personality- Seems distant but that doesn't make him not smart. He seems like his life is just running in a loop and he's just trying to get through it as painless as possible.He feels almost heart broken when she did not return to school and he can't hide it any longer.
Back Story- His mother was taken when he was 8 years old. No one would ever tell him what happened to try not to scare him. She was working late and did not cast the protective charms to help her walk home when she vanished with out a trace. He knows the same thing has happened again but this time he wont stand by and let it happen.

Perfect! Do you have an image for your character?  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:20 pm
Kari is Kute
anastasia1125
Kari is Kute
anastasia1125

Awesome just making sure

User Image

Perfect! Do you have an image for your character?

Damn that's what i forgot smile

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1379793360/576463.jpg

its not working for some reason but here is the link  

anastasia1125

Profitable Entrepreneur

3,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

Kari is Kute

Adorable Datemate

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:13 pm
anastasia1125

Alright! I set the thread up, we can start when school ends before my character gets kidnapped. So everyone is on their way home.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24690295#371997347

I'm actually going to take a shower right now, and then I'll come back and post, so if you want to post first I'll give you the honors. /bows  
Gaia online high school

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games