Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Time for an update. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lots of new things and excitin' adventures.
  Bein' all adult like...sorta.
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:05 pm
Alright, so I've been quiet for a while because I haven't had too much to report, but figured I'd post a little update.

I've been a substitute teacher for quite a while now and grown quite a reputation at a lot of the schools. I mainly work with Special Education.

I found Special Education jobs so much fun, I am now hopefully goin' to get accepted and go to school for a Master's degree in Special Education so I can become a teacher, to which I may already have a job lined up at my favorite school to sub at. Took the Praxis I the other day (a super fun 5 hour long test) and am still waitin' to get the results back on the Writing section (was shown the results for Reading and Math right as I finished).

In other news, I have been on testosterone for a good...8 months now? I do injections every week as opposed to the every other week I was doin' in the past. I will be on testosterone for no more than 4 more months, since I made a promise to myself not to go beyond a year do to its health risks. For the most part, I think I pass as male now, which confuses teachers and students a lot when I sub since I still have to go as Ms, but whatever. Workin' towards legally changin' my name and gender and hope to have that finished in the summer.

Also had my two roommates move out and now live with two new roommates, who are very geeky and fun but also smoke quite a bit, so that's been interestin'. I've lived with them for about a week now.

So yup. Life.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:38 am
Good news! Good update! Good luck! Goodbye.  

portraitofaudacity

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:21 pm
I got a job as a software developer. Landlords decided to evict us so they could sell the house then decided to list the house for sale anyway. The house has been listed these last two weeks and I have been getting ready to move this weekend. Apparently they accepted an offer on the house already so I am not using today to move all my stuff to the living room.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:37 pm
That sucks you still have to be addressed as a female. :/ You'd think that would be detrimental to the process.  

ATorridLoveAffair

Liberal Elder

11,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cool Cat 500

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:15 pm
ATorridLoveAffair
That sucks you still have to be addressed as a female. :/ You'd think that would be detrimental to the process.

It really confuses the kids, but I'd rather keep my job and not risk bein' fired. All the teachers and students now originally think I'm male, which just leads to some awkward moments, especially when I fail to shave my face. xd

And it is detrimental to the process, especially since I'm now very well known in all the schools, since I'm that weird sub that looks and sounds like a male. I don't understand why students of every age think I can't hear them when they argue over what gender I am, but whatever. However, I am in the process of legally changin' my name and gender as we speak, and once it's all legal, I am goin' to the board of education to get permission to change how I address myself. As it is right now, I could be fired for goin' as a sex I am not legally defined as. But once it's changed, I am hopin' to switch over relatively smoothly. I already had a few teachers from some schools pull me over and inform me of their support, which is very nice.

In recent events, I feel like things are goin' one step forward, and two steps back. In some states, I'm pretty sure I'm not even legally allowed to use a public restroom. At this point in my transition, I've stopped usin' public restrooms anyway, but I fail to understand the reasonin' against such a ban.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:17 pm
cool4
I got a job as a software developer. Landlords decided to evict us so they could sell the house then decided to list the house for sale anyway. The house has been listed these last two weeks and I have been getting ready to move this weekend. Apparently they accepted an offer on the house already so I am not using today to move all my stuff to the living room.

Doesn't the landlord have to give a certain amount of warnin' to tenants before puttin' a property up for sale?  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:58 pm
Semok
cool4

Doesn't the landlord have to give a certain amount of warnin' to tenants before puttin' a property up for sale?

Legally they can't evict you for selling the house. Can give you 3 months for their own use but should give the tenants a free months rent. I am at my new place now. It is spacious.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:05 pm
cool4
Semok
cool4

Legally they can't evict you for selling the house. Can give you 3 months for their own use but should give the tenants a free months rent. I am at my new place now. It is spacious.

So it all worked out?  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

ATorridLoveAffair

Liberal Elder

11,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:45 pm
Ignore everything Aoi just said. You're not weird and there's no reason for you to "feel bad" about who you are.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:32 pm
Hooray!

I'm filmin' the second season of LARPs: The Series, and it's awesome. Hard work, but great people.
Also, I met someone. And it's unlike any other relationship I've had. Way better. Now I'm starting to understand the cheesy film/tv romance. I'm experiencing it. We haven't spent more than a day apart so far, which is kind of bad, but we live close and like eachother's company and aren't sacrificing work or anything..

So I'm just ecstatic these days.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

therealfrankenstain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:28 pm
I'm new to this guild but good luck in your journey. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:26 pm
New people actually join this guild? xd