Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Midwest Conventions
Shuto Con 2015

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nena_sakura

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:46 pm
Shuto Con, Lancing , MI
http://www.shutocon.com/
March 20 -22 2015

Anyone going to Shuto Con?

Unfortunately , I cant go this year I ham middle of an important senior project for class + I maxed out my budget for Youmacon 2014 ... I really wanted to go because of the voice actors of Black Butler Reunion crying

If i were going i would have cosplayed

Sakura -Card Captor Sakura
Lucy - Fairy Tail (Celestial Version)
and
Lillymon - Digimon season 1&2

Are any of you going?
What Cosplays are you doing?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:57 am
Hi Nena,

Unfortunately I can't go to Shuto Con 2015 either due to lack of funds. The fans that I have of my Cosplay Photography work will be disappointed because they will have to wait longer to see new photos that I took. I still have photos from the last two cons that I went to that I can post. if you check out the many "Sticky" Topics on the Anime, Manga, and Video Game Discussion" Sub Forum you can see some of the photos that I have taken over the years.

Last year I missed out on going to Jafax 19. This year I really want to go to it and have my brother come with me to Jafax 20 this year. Jafax is suppose to be in downtown Grand Rapids for the first time this year. Once I get more details I will post them on this Sub Forum. I always go to Youmacon. I usually save up money for a long time for that con.

I hope that someone went to Shuto Con this year. I heard that they got more space to work with this year so their was no 7,000 person cap. smile

Oh, as a friendly reminder when you start a convention thread please say when the con is, where it is, and a website if their is one.

Shuto Con is early this year and is from March 20 to March 22nd. It would have been nice to see you wearing your Sakura -Card Captor Sakura Cosplay outfit. I have seen plenty of Princess Sakura Cosplayers from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles but not one from the Card Captor series.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

nena_sakura

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:54 pm
I never went to Jafax... it's too far and none of my friends wanted to go. I never miss Youmacon .... Last year i spent over $400+ and totally maxed out my budget i never spent that much the past cons most i spent was around $100 for Badge and room ... there were a lot of new vendors 2014 ...

Do you know where and when KCON is my friends and i might be thinking to want to check it out...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:35 pm
I went to Shuto con 2015. It was pretty fun but I had more fun last year tbh. ^^;

I cosplayed Asuna from sao, a team aqua grunt from pokemon, and Max from Life is Strange. Got some nice pictures taken and got some cool merch.  

Ghost Girlfriend

Mewling Vampire

Midwest Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces