Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Midwest Conventions
Kansas Naka-Kon 2015 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nasky Holy Goddess

Sparkly Wolf

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:04 pm
am I the only KS/MO otaku sweatdrop
is sad no one to talk to about the con's I go to....
well I am going to cosplay Bleach and Kingdom Hearts and hoping to get to see
Vic Mignogna this year 3nodding I love Broly heart

I wish I could have gone to anime fest in Texas xp but no way down there.... sigh I never got to go to a Texas con in the years I lived there crying  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:17 am
Unfortunately Kansas and Missouri are too far for me since I live in Michigan. I did meet Vic Mignogna once and got his autograph. Feel free to let us know about your con experiences and if you are able to you can post photos either on this thread that you started or in the cosplay photo section of the guild.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Nasky Holy Goddess

Sparkly Wolf

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:48 pm
smithers456
Unfortunately Kansas and Missouri are too far for me since I live in Michigan. I did meet Vic Mignogna once and got his autograph. Feel free to let us know about your con experiences and if you are able to you can post photos either on this thread that you started or in the cosplay photo section of the guild.

Cool what did you get autographed by him I am hoping to get my DBZ Broly movie autographed and a poster I have of Broly signed too  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:36 am
Nasky Holy Goddess
smithers456

Cool what did you get autographed by him I am hoping to get my DBZ Broly movie autographed and a poster I have of Broly signed too

It wasn't anything special. He signed my autograph page in my convention program. It was my first con so I didn't have anything to sign. Basically I just wanted to meet him. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Noire himesama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:53 am
You are not alone my future friend! I am in the Kc area too biggrin . And am going to be attending Naka Kon 2015 along with Sausem-con in june.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:16 pm
i will not be attending this year. i'm planning to attend next year [i have an event the same weekend] i was part of naka kon it's first three years and knew the founders before i moved <3 so i want to go back and see how it's grown like a proud mama  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Noire himesama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:12 pm
personally i preferred it back when it was near crown center, i dont like all the people now BUT i never had a room at it before and never had good cosplays until august when i went to otaku so im being hopeful this year, i know its gotten difficult just to move around in the vender room and halls youre like shoulder to shoulder almost most of the time. I liked the old naka, but they had to move because the ownership of that place changed and the convention got too big to hold it there, it's quite a bit different tbh.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:08 pm
Naka has really grown since it started, 2014 held 7K people the Overland park convention center cant hold it... unfortunately Plaint Comic Con is preventing Naka from growing because it keeps having its days on the same days

I well be cosplaying as a mascot Meow wow furry from Kingdom Hearts 3DS
also Nanao from Bleach
SO EXITED I have my badges pre-registered and I have a hotel room  

Nasky Holy Goddess

Sparkly Wolf

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Noire himesama

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:35 am
i dont have my badge yet but i do have my room and i've got my cosplays planned, last i heard they had well over 12k in 2013 and 2014 seemed like there were more people so.....hmmmm statistics lie i guess lol. and actually planet comic con and it being same this year they coudlnt help because the conventions book for the next 2 years i nadvance and both booked at same time without knowing, they're going to try to work around it when they rebook for next 2 years. thing with Naka Jon being there is....where else is it going to go? there's nowhere else in Kc that's bigger they'd have to move it out of the kansas city area almost to another state all together basically.
At any rate if i see you i'll say hello probably though furry's are....things i typically avoid, they creep me out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:42 pm
that's just what I heard that Comic con did it on purpose... IDK but if they we're t at the same time why couldn't Naka go to where Comic con is for a bigger location any way what are you cosplaying?  

Nasky Holy Goddess

Sparkly Wolf

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Noire himesama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:35 am
because where would they do it if two different conventions?
at the time both convention runners didnt know they biooked for the same time supposedly, if its again i know naka runners openly said theyre trying to work it out with planet comic con though the new date for next 2 years of naka has been announced so we will see if its at same time.

I'm cosplaying 4 ir 5 characters (was going to be 10 but....im getting too low on money to afford the remaining pieces), im cosplaying
Himawari Furutani (Yuru Yuri),
Ruby (RWBY),
a crossover cosplay of Kyoko Toshino (Yuru Yuri) and Mahiru Shinya Banba (Akuma No Riddle) (though some of the time ill just be Mahiru),
and Neptune aka Nep Nep (Hyperdimension Neptunia).  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:55 pm
I have heard of RWBY but never seen it and I don't know the other ones
I would not be able to recognize you sweatdrop I might watch RWBY if I find it online is it English dub?  

Nasky Holy Goddess

Sparkly Wolf

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Noire himesama

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:21 am
It's only dubbed and made by Rooster teeth, you can stream it on their site for free, no ads on the videos either the link to the series is http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rwby&v=more&s=1

and i can't beleive you've never heard of Hyperdimension Neptunia, it's a very widely known game series that got a ok anime adaption, they had remakes come out for he vita of it's first 2 games (theyre working on the 3's), theyve had a idol spinoff coem out and now theyre releasing a tactical rpg spinoff and in japan theyre releasing a new one that's all real time action.
Yuru Yuri is a subbed only Loli ish anime with an all female cast and its got a lot of Yuri in it, its adorable and probably the funniest anime i've ever seen. Akuma no riddle is an anime theyve only done subbed streaming of on funimations site sense october the characters are great, but the story moves a little too fast then gets really oddly confusing at the end its also a Yuri anime. RWBY is pretty good, my ex got me into it then out of nowhere after being forced to watch it I was like "hey everyone, im cosplaying Ruby" and i was into it lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:29 am
eh I might not know it because its not my type of game I play Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda stuff RPG action adventure fighting types I looked up some video of the game and I could be wrong but is it a dating sim?
as for the anime I watch I like Attack on Titian, Deadman Wonderland, Fairy Tail, Bleach, One Piece just to name a few I watched recently  

Nasky Holy Goddess

Sparkly Wolf

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Midwest Conventions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers