Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ prp ] a black and white perspective (taymerica) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:33 am
Taym, to the contrary, just sank further and further back into his blanket, irritated, fidgety at every one of Jeff's missed opportunities as he had been for Woody's lack of, as he put it, sealing the deal. The exploration of Fred's new life earned a derisive and entirely sincere snort, and an actual barking, grim laugh when the camera panned over to his cigarette.

"She is eating him alive, look at her. I know that look. They totally ******** before the week was up," he decided. "They just learned a valuable lesson about pulling out."

It was easier to say this than it was to touch the uncomfortable truths cheesily outlined by the video, especially the ones about ruining everything. But that did not stop him from adding, with flat sarcasm: "Maybe my life would have gone differently if I hadn't hocked my class ring. Wanna borrow Fiona?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:44 am
Considering Taym's epilogue, America gave it a moment of thought before agreeing. They totally banged. Seeing other people's mistakes just made most folks all the more certain they'd avoid the same.

As she got up to grab another reel, a longer one this time, America shot Taym a confused smile, "But you already gave me one." And maybe rings in dream didn't count, but in some ways she felt they meant more, because the little bits of magic made their own rings so very much themselves, and the exchange of that all the more felt.

Young Man's Fancy began to play, and during the opening she added, voice low and smiling, "But if you ever let her run around in one of those special golem things, I would indeed like to borrow her."

rejam

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:39 pm
He twisted Fiona's ring back and forth on his finger as he considered that, the weapon's reaction an uneasy shift, the sense of a hoof uplifted and replaced, and then a split-second flood of stretching legs immediately stifled.

He disregarded it, partly out of discomfort and partly because he knew her well enough by now to know that she'd want him to. A few minutes later at the mention of another electric convenience Taym tipped his bottle at the screen and took a drink, a silent taking up of a drinking game. Thirty seconds later he observed that it was probably a good thing they weren't doing that with shots.

"Did she just call her mom sweetie?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:55 pm
"This brother already trying to cockblock, though." America, unfamiliar with actual sibling dynamics, was blatantly disgruntled on behalf of the girl. She finished off her drink and got up to get more, coming back with a six pack to avoid further disruption of the harrowing saga of love and appliances.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:05 pm
"I thought this was going to be a PSA about homosexuals or something," he observed. "But no. That's just some solid brotherly cockblocking. Maybe the roommate's a secret murderer or something. Not that it matters," he added, reaching to take a bottle. "There are few things more enjoyable than throwing a wrench in your sister's romantic agenda. And it's a duty, anyway. That's how you weed out the ones that aren't dedicated enough."

The blue collar solution to Bashmet's spreadsheets.

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:05 pm
"Huh..." America turned to squint at Taym in the flickering light of the movie and storm outside. "And what sort of s**t did you pull..." ears perking at the movie, her grin widened, "...angel?"

rejam

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:24 am
"Not right now," he said, in a theatrical whisper. "I'm trying to watch this commercial. I mean movie. Gotta know if the girl gets the guy. And whether they get an electric iron. Did you notice she said that," he added, in a more normal tone, "as she was using the ********' thing plugged into a wall?" A beat. "Is that what I found like when I talk about Nabokov?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:34 am
"Oh well, Mister Obadiah Thompson is perfectly capable of paying a girl the kind of attention she likes. So don't you worry, honey, you're no schnookel. Besides, you don't talk about the things you like near enough.." America's voice trailed off, face growing bright as she silently mouthed the phrase gives me the reds.

rejam

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:43 am
"Gives me the reds," he repeated, with a barking laugh. And then, again, slightly more incredulous: "Gives me the reds. Use it in a sentence," he demanded.

lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:52 am
America huffed dramatically, arms crossing, and after a moment's though snapped out, "That Edith, acting like our peaches made anyone sick. Just thinking about it gives me the reds." There was a pause, and the put upon demeanor broke into giggles. "Oh, that one's a keeper."

Another giggle fit, "Oh my god, she's playing him like a fiddle. Get it Judy."

rejam

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:00 am
"I foresee," he said grimly, having managed to hide his grin at her example through the expedient of a long swig, "so much ********' petty bickering in these two's future. There will be fights over everything and then she'll make him dinner in nothing but an apron--on their electric range--by way of apology. She is that type. The ******** type."

It was a little bit laughable to think that Taym had as much insight into the female nature as he was at least pretending to for the duration of movie hour, but on this count--come on. Judy is totally the ******** type.

"You ever done that? Made dinner in just an apron, I mean, not pretended to care about some a*****e's condescending nerd rant so he'd fall all over himself for you, because I already know that one's a yes."

lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:52 am
"I bet they at least made out before dinner, that look she gave him over the blender was no joke, and he all the while thinking he's one smooth operator with that consideration for the housewife line." America seemed genuinely fond of the man's adorable folly.

The question had America smiling slyly, "I happen to like listening to people get all caught up in talking 'bout the things they love." Getting up, America stretched her legs a bit before picking out the next movie, answering as she went through them for something that looked promising. "A few times. Sometimes for a man," and never the boys. The first was when she was sixteen and yes it was an apology, a ********> At the time she was a girl desperate to make such apologies. "But just as often for myself." Because like hell she'd let one a*****e ruin things she enjoyed (and in all honestly, anything that involved being naked fell under that category.)

She settled on what would likely be a very important movie given their current "lunch." Sitting back down, America lifted her current drink in a grinning cheers! and chugged it down, only to open another bottle.

rejam

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:03 am
This one had him grinning within a few seconds, and stifling what could only be called giggles within a few minutes, and the instant the phrase "frontal lobe" arose it was over and for only the second time in their brief friendship Taym was lost in absolute gales of laughter, redoubled by the next few grave assertions of what a few drops of liquor could do to do a man (line his undertaker's pockets, apparently).

"Shut up," he wheezed to America, even though she hadn't even said anything yet. It was pre-emptive. "Just shut right the ******** up. ******** hell," he added, the last syllable trailing off into giggles again as he scrubbed the back of his hand over his eyes.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:17 am
"Hush, you animal," America, all offended tones and pure Prudie. "Tip just got kicked off the basketball team!" It was show of pure willpower not to get infected with Taym's laughter, to resist the urge to reach out and tweak an ear or clutch his shoulder; to make that rarest of laughs just as tangible as the first time, a thing she could hold on to.

A moment later, she gasped, "Oh no, not Judy! Don't drink it girl, drunks don't get electric irons."

rejam

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:24 am
This was apparently every bit as funny as the video. "Oooh, I guess," he managed, between breaths, "things didn't work out with the mushroom guy. Drownin' her ********' sorrows. Where was he hiding that thing?" he added, with another tiny explosion of silent laughter. "In her skirt?"

He managed to control himself enough to actually watch the next few seconds, only to lose it again. "Deadly poison," he repeated tearfully. "That music is ominous, someone is definitely going to die."

lizbot

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces