Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1 v 1] Attack on Not-A-Titan (Alistaire & Oliver) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Grey Dragon rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-16)

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:12 am
"I thought you were someone else, and then you wouldn't let me leave!" Oliver shouted, knowing full well that he sounded like a petulant child. He couldn't hold the tears back as the blades cut deep, the pain was bearable, but it was also the worst sort of trigger for emotional outbursts.

"I-If you could just be nice, there wouldn't be any molehills to begin with!" Oliver swung the axe again, so out of his element to be shouting at his perpetually calm adversary. "I-if I am a w-waste of your time, why c-call me out at all?"

HP: 18
DMG: 1

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:56 pm
Oliver was so very despondent sometimes. It was really very off putting, but Alistaire moved around behind him, waving one of his daggers carelessly in the other's direction without actually attempting to hit him. Except what he'd said slammed into him, Alistaire's face switching from a casual disinterest to one of irritation.

"Being nice is a relative term, Mr. Keeley," he snapped. "What makes you think being nice gets you anywhere? I don't lie or cheat to get where I want, I do what it takes, and if that means not being nice about it, then so be it."

He swung the daggers towards Oliver again.

"Anyone who tells you that being nice gets you far in life is lying."

HP: 18
DMG: 5

grey dragon

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Grey Dragon rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-16)

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:50 pm
Oliver swung the axe again, half blinded by tears. It was a wonder the attack connected at all.

"W-what does it even matter if you get where you want?" He shouted loudly. Alistaire had stumbled upon one way to get the kid out of his shell, and that was through physical and emotional pain. "What does it matter if you are there by yourself, with no friends or family or anyone who cares about you at all?"

The kid's words could have been taken as a personal jab at Alistaire's character, but there was no satisfaction in them. Oliver sounded as though he could have been talking about himself. Life could be sad and lonely, and no accomplishments could keep you company when you felt alone.

HP: 13
DMG: 8

kuroopu

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 1 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:26 am
The axe connected sharply with Alistaire's side, sending him reeling. He staggered sideways and nearly collapsed to the ground, his chest heaving for air, but he dragged in a breath and sent a fleeting look of annoyance and anger towards Oliver. The kid may have been a crybaby, but that axe of his dealt more damage than he was capable of even handling most of the time; his attacks were done out of sheer luck, rather than skill, the swing of a heavy blade making it easier to handle than something smaller, such as knives.

A smile curved his lips upwards, even though Oliver's words had hit him sharper than he let on.

"I never said I was alone," he said, and nicked the side of Oliver's arm, the chains whirling behind him. Alistaire straightened, smoothing back his hair with one gloved hand as he scrutinized the young man in front of him. There was a strange sort of calculating expression on his face.

"I believe I have underestimated you, Mr. Keeley."

HP: 10
DMG: 2

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:31 pm
Although it wasn't particularly damaging, Alistaire's aim had been good. The blade of the heavy axe struck the ground, the Life trainee simply couldn't power through the pain lifting it would cause him. He could only stand there, weak and vulnerable, as he clutched his wounded arm.

He kept his gaze down, just waiting for another blow, until Alistaire spoke. But those words were a surprise.

"What?" Oliver asked as he looked up, his tearful anger broken by the unexpected comment. Confusion mingled with the hurt expression on his face as he stared back at Alistaire. An attack he would have expected. A snide insult maybe, or a scathing retort. But this, the kid didn't know how to take it, and felt suspicion creep through him as he waited for the other shoe to drop.

HP: 11  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:03 am
Alistaire lowered his knives, giving Oliver an appraising sort of look. He remained silent, his gaze sweeping from the tip of his scuffed shoes to the top of his tousle-haired head, and for a moment, the expression on his face was quite inscrutable.

There was a small gust and a flash of pale light as the knives disappeared, a gentle clink at Alistaire's wrists indicating his weapon had desummoned back to its form as the chain-link bracelets just above his gloves.

"I won't repeat it," he said lightly. "You continually surprise me, Mr. Keeley; I suppose I shall have to take better precautions the next time I train with you."

grey dragon

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:30 pm
Oliver blinked dumbly, but when Alistaire's daggers disappeared, he dropped to a seated position on the ground all the while looking a little shellshocked. The exhaustion he felt was not just tired, sore muscles, but there was also a shaking in his hands and a trembling in his legs that came with the drop in adrenaline. His nerves were shot... and it wasn't even breakfast time yet.

The teen's own weapon disappeared soon after his butt hit the ground, but the cold weight of the tooth against his chest was a reassurance. It was too early to understand that Alistaire was, in a way, paying him a compliment. Instead, Oliver was only able to feel surprise and slight dread at the thought of a 'next time'.

"O-okay..." He stammered in response.

kuroopu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:00 pm
Alistaire tugged absently at his gloves; one of them had the tiniest nick in the finger, and it made him quite irritated, his brow furrowing in annoyance. His gaze flickered towards Oliver again, who was looking petrified, and Alistaire offered him a slightly amused smile.

"There's no need to look so frightened, Mr. Keeley," he said lightly. "I'm not going to eat you. Please do continue on with your training; I very much look forward to fighting with you again, after all."

And with that, Alistaire turned and walked away.

grey dragon

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out