Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Thoughts on this guy I'm dating?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:00 am
I've recently started dating this guy I met at a carnival gig a couple months ago and we noticed that there is something weird about our relationship. I'm really attracted to him and its because of his dedication to magick and his spirituality because I don't have that strong of belief yet. So let me just list some of the weird things we've learned about our relationship.

1. Kissing feel super natural like it's happened before or just meant to be.

2. A past life tarot spread tells us that we've been together in the past but something always breaks us up. It's usually him but this life it's me because I'm moving in august.

3. Our birthday weeks are naturally compatible and it says we'll never be just friends because of the natural attraction.

4. He usually LOVES teaching people about magick and opening their minds but he can't with me. He feels like every time he tries something tells him to stop.

5. He's gotten to the point of dedication were he can't appreciate life as it is now because he's always missing "home" (nirvana or whatever you want to call it). I am the opposite. I appreciate life immensely but don't have the spirituality.

So basically we've come to the conclusion that he isn't suppose to be my teacher. I'm suppose to help him appreciate life again.

Please tell me your thoughts on this! I need help from an outside source.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:04 pm
I dunno if it's way too late to weigh in on this, but honestly, I would let go of anything you found out about what 'should' be happening and focus on letting the relationship unfold as it is now, paying close attention to the way you feel in this life right here
What happened in past lives can definitely be interesting and add another layer to the dynamic you have, but the bottom line is that you aren't living those lives right now - you're living this one! If it's fun to kiss the boy, then kiss the boy because it's fun, not because you're meant to be kissing him. If the relationship ends because your lives separated, then take that as it is and try not to think of things as 'doomed' from the start. If teaching you magic makes him uncomfortable, THAT'S why he's not a good teacher for you; there doesn't necessarily have to be anything mystical about it in order to be valid.
I don't mean to devalue the work you've done! I just hate to see people dwell too much on finding out and living up to what 'should' happen, and forget to actually live in the moment.

Added Heathen bonus - we have two great concepts: wyrd and orlog. They're similar, but not the same. Wyrd refers to your 'destiny' or what is going to unfold in your life, and it is based on a system of interrelated causes and effects that align to create the events and circumstances of your life. But then there is orlog, which is more about the choices and actions YOU make in order to operate within the framework of your wyrd. Both of these things - the terrain laid before you, and the steps you CHOOSE to take - work together to create your life. Orlog means that no matter what is set up for us, we always have choices to make, and we are not necessarily bound to any predetermined future.

Do you WANT to help him appreciate life? Is that a role you've taken on of your own accord, or do you feel you've been assigned it? What is he doing for you in return? Approaching a relationship from an "I should" or "I'm supposed to" or "I'm meant to" state of mind can lead down some pretty miserable roads if those are the only reasons you're there. Think about how he makes you feel in this life right now. And go from there!

That was super long. But I hope everything works out for both of you, and I wish you happiness no matter what you decide to do!  

ondottr

Lonely Phantom

14,625 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Popular Thread 100

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:21 pm
Ondottr
I dunno if it's way too late to weigh in on this, but honestly, I would let go of anything you found out about what 'should' be happening and focus on letting the relationship unfold as it is now, paying close attention to the way you feel in this life right here
What happened in past lives can definitely be interesting and add another layer to the dynamic you have, but the bottom line is that you aren't living those lives right now - you're living this one! If it's fun to kiss the boy, then kiss the boy because it's fun, not because you're meant to be kissing him. If the relationship ends because your lives separated, then take that as it is and try not to think of things as 'doomed' from the start. If teaching you magic makes him uncomfortable, THAT'S why he's not a good teacher for you; there doesn't necessarily have to be anything mystical about it in order to be valid.
I don't mean to devalue the work you've done! I just hate to see people dwell too much on finding out and living up to what 'should' happen, and forget to actually live in the moment.

Added Heathen bonus - we have two great concepts: wyrd and orlog. They're similar, but not the same. Wyrd refers to your 'destiny' or what is going to unfold in your life, and it is based on a system of interrelated causes and effects that align to create the events and circumstances of your life. But then there is orlog, which is more about the choices and actions YOU make in order to operate within the framework of your wyrd. Both of these things - the terrain laid before you, and the steps you CHOOSE to take - work together to create your life. Orlog means that no matter what is set up for us, we always have choices to make, and we are not necessarily bound to any predetermined future.

Do you WANT to help him appreciate life? Is that a role you've taken on of your own accord, or do you feel you've been assigned it? What is he doing for you in return? Approaching a relationship from an "I should" or "I'm supposed to" or "I'm meant to" state of mind can lead down some pretty miserable roads if those are the only reasons you're there. Think about how he makes you feel in this life right now. And go from there!

That was super long. But I hope everything works out for both of you, and I wish you happiness no matter what you decide to do!

Wow, thank you! That was very insightful.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games