Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
Maid Cafes - What do you Think? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:30 pm
Last month at Shutocon 2014 I went to my first "Maid Cafe". It was a nice experience that I will go to again in the future. The Maids were so cute, the light snack was good, the atmosphere was unique, and the games that were played after eating were fun to play. One of the more interesting things that I experienced at it was the seating arrangements. You didn't know who or what cosplay characters that you were going to be sitting next to, smile

If you have gone to a Maid Cafe what did you experience, did you like it, and would you go again? Whether you have gone to a "Maid Cafe" or not, what do you think of them?  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:48 am
im in japan visiting currently. have seen a lot of maid cafes....but I dont feel like wasting my money at any. xp  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:25 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
im in japan visiting currently. have seen a lot of maid cafes....but I dont feel like wasting my money at any. xp

I'm curious as to why you don't like maid cafes. I have only gone to one so far. I liked the atmosphere in general but both my bother & I would have liked to have more food to eat. The portions were very small.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:41 pm
I've gone to Maid Cafe's a few times at cons. They can be fun, but a lot of it depends on the maid or butler that you get. One of the best Maid Cafes I attended was at the super small Kraken Con, put on by Tea Time Cafe, which rotate from con to con.  

xinitia

Crew

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:55 pm
xinitia
I've gone to Maid Cafe's a few times at cons. They can be fun, but a lot of it depends on the maid or butler that you get. One of the best Maid Cafes I attended was at the super small Kraken Con, put on by Tea Time Cafe, which rotate from con to con.

I agree with you about which Maid that you get serving you at a "Maid Cafe" making the experience great or dull. One of the things that made my first experience going to a Maid Cafe enjoyable was the cute and outgoing Maid that my table had. smile I observed some of the other tables nearby and it looked like the cosplayers were bored. Also the people that you are sitting with make a difference too. Since I'm very outgoing and I'm able to charm most people, especially the ladies, I add a lot to any of the con events that I go to. These qualities make it easier for me to take photos as well. smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:26 pm
smithers456
Recon_Ninja_985

I'm curious as to why you don't like maid cafes. I have only gone to one so far. I liked the atmosphere in general but both my bother & I would have liked to have more food to eat. The portions were very small.
its just kinda like you know what to expect in my eyes, and its probably easy to blow a lot of cash.

I only came with so much  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:02 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
smithers456
Recon_Ninja_985

its just kinda like you know what to expect in my eyes, and its probably easy to blow a lot of cash.

I only came with so much

Thanks for responding. It's kinda sad that most of the Maid Cafe are alike. Yes, it's easy to spend a lot of money at cons. I'm like you, I come with only a certain amount of money which I have planned out in advance what to do with it. Since I wanted to know what all of the fuss was about the Cafe's, I went to one and now I can move on.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:05 am
smithers456
Recon_Ninja_985
smithers456
Recon_Ninja_985

I only came with so much

Thanks for responding. It's kinda sad that most of the Maid Cafe are alike. Yes, it's easy to spend a lot of money at cons. I'm like you, I come with only a certain amount of money which I have planned out in advance what to do with it. Since I wanted to know what all of the fuss was about the Cafe's, I went to one and now I can move on.
if I had a lot of cash i'd prolly do it xD

I kinda saw what they're all about from the outside though, going through the streets of akihabara. there's one here in fussa/hamura too, but I havent been to it either. xp  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:06 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
smithers456
Recon_Ninja_985
smithers456
Recon_Ninja_985

I only came with so much

I kinda saw what they're all about from the outside though, going through the streets of akihabara. there's one here in fussa/hamura too, but I havent been to it either. xp

Seems like we both need to give Maid Cafe's another try. If you do go to one let me know what you think.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:43 am
smithers456
Recon_Ninja_985
smithers456
Recon_Ninja_985
smithers456
Recon_Ninja_985

I only came with so much

Seems like we both need to give Maid Cafe's another try. If you do go to one let me know what you think.
speaking of which. I passed up some maids outside of the train station today who were advertising their cafe. gosh.....they were freaking gorgeous up close o.o

half tempted to ask one to come back to base with me whee  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:19 pm
Interesting responses that I have gotten so far in this Maid Cafe thread. I invite other members to tell everyone about their experiences that they had at Maid Cafes and what they think about them. I have only gone to one so far so I'm curious if they are all the same or if their is something special or unique about some of them. Impressions that I had in the past about what I would find are gorgeous maids and fashionable butlers serving the guests and food like ramen and tea being served. Another thing that would be interesting to see is maids and butlers at the Maid Cafes cosplaying characters from different anime series. I could imagine a Naruto cosplayer being served ramen at a cafe and the cosplayer having a big grin on their face. LOL  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:44 pm
gaia_diamond

I personally havent been to any(due to being in panels and such at conventions while theyre going on), but i have a lot of friends who participate in my local convention's maid cafes!
They always look like they have so much fun, if love to go heart

~Lost Soul MIRA~

Feral Humorist

15,825 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Conventioneer 300

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:52 pm
~Lost Soul MIRA~
gaia_diamond

I personally havent been to any(due to being in panels and such at conventions while theyre going on), but i have a lot of friends who participate in my local convention's maid cafes!

I mentioned in the beginning of this thread that I personally have only gone to one Maid Cafe so far. I did have a lot of fun but some of the experience was a little different then I expected. I was hoping to see Maids and Butlers cosplayed as Maids and Butlers from different Anime / Manga series. It's worth checking out. I suggest that you go to one and let us know about what you experienced at it. smile  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:54 pm
smithers456
~Lost Soul MIRA~
gaia_diamond

I mentioned in the beginning of this thread that I personally have only gone to one Maid Cafe so far. I did have a lot of fun but some of the experience was a little different then I expected. I was hoping to see Maids and Butlers cosplayed as Maids and Butlers from different Anime / Manga series. It's worth checking out. I suggest that you go to one and let us know about what you experienced at it. smile
gaia_diamond

Yeah, i do hope to go sometime!! I'm not doing many panels anymore, so i should be able to smile
For sure, ill make sure i can go!

~Lost Soul MIRA~

Feral Humorist

15,825 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Conventioneer 300

0nee-san

Timid Kitten

16,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:15 am
The main midwest con I go to (Anime Central) didn't/doesn't usually have one. Although I hear that Anime Midwest is going to be having one this year!

So I'm desperately trying to go to see what the fuss is about. Maybe I can be a maid for them one year.
emotion_kirakira  
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces