Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
Why is it so hard for FL people to be nice ? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are FL people stuck up ?
  Yes we tottaly are and we have reasons
  eh its a on and off thing for us
  Whati am not like that !
View Results

WildFoxAppears

Nine-tailed Fox

22,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:52 pm
So i went to a Dennie's one day on the way back from home from a long trip from Brooksville to Okeechobee FL ( Lives in Okeechobee )

Any way a new waitress just moved down from another state ( north states forgot which one ) And my brothers dad asks if she likes FL.

She comments back. The weather is nice. No more snow. ( yippy for her ) But the people seam to be stuck up here. ( or is that just me ? )

I mean I don't look down on people. But some times you just wonder if some one from up north comes down to the South states and have there world turn up side down .-. >:  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:27 pm
Nah. I came from New York and people over there are all honking horns at each other, shouting, and giving the middle finger. xd  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200

WildFoxAppears

Nine-tailed Fox

22,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:31 pm
TheRob
Nah. I came from New York and people over there are all honking horns at each other, shouting, and giving the middle finger. xd

that is cool i guess >:

Though i never went to New York before .. Well that is a lie i have once for a school trip but not in the main land  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:39 am
I think it depends which Florida region you are coming from. I can see people from Either the Villages, Celebration or down in Miami to be stuck up. I'm from New York...It seems people down here that I talk to don't get sarcasm and either take things seriously or offensively. Dude, chill...I was only joking.

btw...lol DennIES? Denny's...right? or is there a new Dennies cafe?

Also depends on what YOUR definition of Snob is...  

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:45 am
I met a tourist from New York City at the hotel where I work.

I smiled and greeted her with open friendliness, because that's how I do things, and she asked, in an openly hostile voice, if I wanted something.
After a couple days of my persistently friendly greetings, the lady told me that I made her feel nervous, because in her experience people only smile at you if they want something from you or have ill-intentions towards you, and she couldn't figure out which category I was in.

I had never thought about it that way. I grew up in Orange County, FL in a neighborhood that was made up of small families and retired folks. Everyone I knew as a child was really genuine. If someone smiled then they were happy and wanted to express and share that joy with others, after all, smiles are contagious and I love catching them as much as I love giving them. I suppose that is not the same everywhere, and it makes me feel sad.

I think that some people react differently depending on their upbringing and life experiences. It is less that all Floridians are lacking the ability to be nice and more that your perception depends on where you're coming from and where you're going.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:07 am
FL people that think they are somebodies tend to be pricks. this is True. I am a very level headed person and seem to only attract flaky FL folks. I go to Cons and they are even worst hahaha True story.  

CS2-Sasuke-XD

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:04 pm
Zelexia
I met a tourist from New York City at the hotel where I work.

I smiled and greeted her with open friendliness, because that's how I do things, and she asked, in an openly hostile voice, if I wanted something.
After a couple days of my persistently friendly greetings, the lady told me that I made her feel nervous, because in her experience people only smile at you if they want something from you or have ill-intentions towards you, and she couldn't figure out which category I was in.

I had never thought about it that way. I grew up in Orange County, FL in a neighborhood that was made up of small families and retired folks. Everyone I knew as a child was really genuine. If someone smiled then they were happy and wanted to express and share that joy with others, after all, smiles are contagious and I love catching them as much as I love giving them. I suppose that is not the same everywhere, and it makes me feel sad.

I think that some people react differently depending on their upbringing and life experiences. It is less that all Floridians are lacking the ability to be nice and more that your perception depends on where you're coming from and where you're going.

That lady sounds beyond bizarre. But it's people like that who are the reason I am not openly friendly to strangers. I generally don't smile at people or make eye contact or talk to people unless they greet me or speak to me first. I guess I just don't trust people, I assume people are going to be rude or hostile to me unless they make the first move and show they are a nice person. I've lived here in Orlando all my life and have come across all sorts of people, good and bad. Although in my younger years most of the people I came in contact with were pretty terrible and I really didn't have any friends, or even any interest in having friends, until high school.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:14 am
I'm a Floridian from Miami and I'm stuck up or snobby at all I'm always nice to people regardless to whom they are  

shadestruck

Dangerous Lunatic

Shaman Slate

Sweet Humorist

15,425 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:17 pm
From Miami. Not all people from here are like that ,but there are a select few that can loud and obnoxious. usually the ref Hispanics. Don't even get me started on the driving around here...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:43 am
I moved from Illinois down here to Florida and I can honestly say everyone here is stuck up and snobby. It's like a complete different world living here. I don't know if it's just my area or what but I hate where I live now.
Up in Illinois everyone was so nice and everyone talked to each other like family, always invited you in or to parties and what not. And over here I never have one person in my neighborhood say hi. All the people at my high school act as if they're gods on this earth and nobody here has a decent part in their body. It might just be my area but I tell ya it's hell on earth over here. I could say I have met maybe 3 decent people in all the time I've lived here.  

Stonerican

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:19 am
Demdemzx
I moved from Illinois down here to Florida and I can honestly say everyone here is stuck up and snobby. It's like a complete different world living here. I don't know if it's just my area or what but I hate where I live now.
Up in Illinois everyone was so nice and everyone talked to each other like family, always invited you in or to parties and what not. And over here I never have one person in my neighborhood say hi. All the people at my high school act as if they're gods on this earth and nobody here has a decent part in their body. It might just be my area but I tell ya it's hell on earth over here. I could say I have met maybe 3 decent people in all the time I've lived here.
I'm sorry that you feel that way. I live in Orlando and most of the people that I know are wonderful folks. Admittedly, some people are jerks or idiots, but the grand majority here are slightly standoffish but genuinely warm once you get to know them. I have never been to Melbourne though, so I can't speak for the people down there.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:28 pm
Zelexia
I live in Orlando and most of the people that I know are wonderful folks.
smile  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:36 pm
TheRob
Zelexia
smile
stare
There are exceptions to the rule.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:16 pm
Zelexia
TheRob
Zelexia
smile
stare
I won't tell Edi you said that. emotion_awesome  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:16 pm
TheRob
Zelexia
TheRob
Zelexia
smile
stare
I won't tell Edi you said that. emotion_awesome
Are you so sure she won't agree with me? cat_stare  
Gaians of Florida

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items