Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[ESCAPE] Main Floor - CONCLUSION p.11! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Escaped

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:02 pm
[ Main Floor ]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

About this floor

This is the main floor of ???.
  • Every window is locked and sealed closed. Nothing you do will be able to break them.
  • The staircases are now open and unlocked, but the elevator doesn't seem to be available for use. Sometimes though, you swear you can hear it whirring to life as if someone was using it.

How to search this floor:
  • Unless it is a joined room, every room is entered from the [ HALLWAY ]. Meaning you have to have your student in the hallway, with the hallway code at the top of their post, in order to try and get into any other room.
  • If a door has not yet been opened or unlocked, you must post in BOLD RED your intent to open the door, and quote The Escaped with the room number. For example - I want to try and open Room 104. I post my intent in bold red by saying something like 'Graham tries to open room 104', and at the bottom of my post I will quote 'The Escaped'. The mule will then quote me with a prompt one way or another.
  • Not sure what rooms have been opened on this floor? Want to know if they are still searchable? See the room breakdown in the next post!

Other OOC notes:
  • Each room will have a [ ROOM # ] code to put at the top of your post. Please ensure that you use these so people know where you are.
  • Some rooms have items that you may keep outside of keys and other game-specific items, so it's important to keep an inventory of the things you have found and kept. Please use the code below at the bottom of your posts.
  • If you have any questions or if the instructions don't seem clear, please either PM The Escaped or IM sanguincarn on AIM!

[quote="OOC"]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]HP:[/b]
[b]Inventory:[/b]
[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:02 pm
[ Main Floor Rooms ]

Below you will find a run down / cheat sheet of the rooms on this floor, and their status. This will be updated as often and as accurately as possible!

[ HALLWAY ]
  • Link to Prompt: --
  • Notable Events in this room:
    xxx - "TO MIND'S TRUTH" is written in red paint(?) on the wall across from room 102.

[ ROOM 101 ]
  • Link to Prompt: Lounge
    xxx - Open now!

[ ROOM 101A ]
  • Link to Prompt: The Library
    xxx - The door to this room is severely cracked and barely hangs off the hinges. It looks like someone used an unnecessary amount of force to open it...
    xxx - The table in the middle of the room is smashed.

[ ROOM 102 ]
  • Link to Prompt: An explosion happens!
    xxx - This is the room you woke up in, but after the explosion, the door remains locked. Nothing will open it now.

[ ROOM 103 ]
  • Link to Prompt: Equipment Room
    xxx - There is a locked cabinet in this room. It gives off a foul odor.

[ ROOM 104 ]
  • Link to Prompt: Locked Prompt
    xxx -

[ OFFICE ]
  • Link to Prompt: Locked Prompt
    xxx -

[ LOBBY ]
  • Link to Prompt: ???
    xxx - It's not only closed, but bolted.

The Escaped

The Escaped

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:19 pm
You hear a steady buzz...
You slowly open your eyes and try to blink away the heavy sleep that weighs your lids down. As your vision clears you see a tile ceiling above you, one that is well taken care of and certainly polished as often as possible. The more your senses return to you, the more you are able to realize certain things: You are sitting on something uncomfortable and yet sturdy, and the room smells a little too musty to be normal. The buzzing you heard seems to be in your own head, and the more you shift, the more uncomfortable you realize you are; how your joints ache from the lack of use, and even how foggy your head feels. You don't feel right, somehow.

You lower your head and both hear and feel your neck crack, strained as though you had been sitting like that for hours, and take a cautious look around. It doesn't take long for you to realize that you have no idea where you are, but you are hesitantly hopeful - after all, it doesn't look that bad here. You see rows of long wooden pews ahead of you - which explains why your own seat is so uncomfortable - and in the very front of the room is a podium, and behind that is a scene depicting the creation of Jack, saviour of Halloween. You conclude, based on what you see, that you are in a chapel of some sort.

A loud creak fills the air, and despite the stiffness in your neck, you turn quickly to see the source. It is then that you realize, for the first time, that you are not alone in here. There are others; three others, to be exact, and they seem to be in the process of waking up...

The OOC

You are now awake--

But it looks like you are not alone! Where are you, though? Now that is the question.

React to the above prompt as you wish. When you are ready you may begin to investigate the room! To do so, simply post your explorations in [ BOLD RED ], and I will reply to them as they happen, which may give you more options in your exploration!

Things to note:
The following are things you don't have to [ bold red ] investigate to learn:
  • All nat forms and FEARs are on lock down. You are unable to use them at all.
  • Your HP is unaffected (ie. Y1: 30/30, Y2: 40/40, and etc~), and you are apparently unharmed.
  • Anything you had in your pockets is now missing. Any jewellery you typically wear is missing; this also includes any articles of jewellery or clothing you may have listed as 'favoured/sentimental'*. The only piece of 'jewelry' still on you is your student skull pin.
    * - Unless you said all your clothes were special, in which case, you still get to keep them. Because being dressed is important.
  • There is nothing else in your pockets. They are empty.

moonstone dazzle
melodine cantus
syusaki
smerdle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:57 pm
A month or two after he had been in the fight that had prompted his mother to pull him from public school, Brenley had ran away from home. He had barely gotten out of his yard before he'd tripped into a sinkhole and cracked his skull on a rock at the bottom, which had left him much easier to find than he had hoped he would be. Even though he was striving to be more independent now that he was sort of on his own, he didn't like thinking about that first and last act of juvenile rebellion much. He only did so now because of the buzzing. The concussion that had plagued him for a week after his fall had occasionally left him disoriented, his limbs unwieldy and his mind a droning whirl. Just like now.

The boil's head listed to one side, and only as the painfully stiff muscles in his neck made him wince did he realize that his eyes were open and he'd been staring up at nothing for quite some time. Several unfamiliar creeple sat nearby, and Bren swallowed nervously as he watched them stir. He pushed himself to his feet, or at least he tried to, managing it for a second or three before his legs gave out and he dropped back onto the pew with an echoing crash. So much for sneaking away.

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:21 pm
It had been a decent amount of time since Ulka woke up with pain in his neck. His bed at Amity was so much comfier than the pile of pillows he had slept on back home. For a moment, he was convinced he had gone back. Had his acceptance been a dream, after all...? With the whole Alice debacle still on his mind, the little bear wasn't certain of much of anything anymore. He still expected, every so often, to blink and find himself back home. Maybe he really had been dreaming...?

But no. When he opened his good eye, this was not his ceiling at home- nor was it the ceiling of the dorm. Ulka blinked blearily, trying to understand where he was and what was going on. As he glanced around the room, there were... pews... and others... and some sort of weird scene?

This didn't make sense. The last Ulka remembered, he had been on his way to Alexis's dorm to chat and catch up. Now, he was in a church...? And there were other students...?

Smerdle

"Um, hello!" He called to the stranger, raising a paw to wave. It was weak, though whether it was from disuse or something else, he didn't know. But his next thought was stopped when the other fell off his feet, and Ulka winced.

"A-are you okay? That did not look very comfortable, friend!" But maybe that much was obvious. Biting his lower lip, Ulka shakily stood, and headed to the front of the church. It would probably be best to leave the others be, and try to help by getting them out of there.

Toddling forward, Ulka picked around at the statue of Jack. It seemed so odd, to have it set up here... Particularly with the random group of students they had assembled.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:04 pm
"Yes. I, um, think so," Bren replied. "I'm just going to sit here for a bit longer, then I can help..." Help what? Where were they? And where were his things? He could always enchant more pebbles, he supposed, but his scarf... that had been the first one he'd made on his own. His necklace was missing as well. He felt strange without bangles and fabric draped over him, no matter how few, and he curled his fingers around his biceps for a moment to reassure himself. At least there weren't any weird black runes anywhere, at least none that he could see.

"I can help look around," he finished, shakily pushing himself to his feet and remaining on them this time. Bren didn't go far, turning around to tap at the pew he had been sitting on, trying to determine if there might be anything inside. "I'm Brenley, by the way. Bren."

Moonstone Dazzle

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

The Escaped

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:14 pm
Moonstone Dazzle
picked around at the statue of Jack.

It looks like a simple statue, though it's rather well made and heavy. There is nothing around it, but you notice it's pointing in a certain direction - all of the statues are, actually.

Smerdle
tap at the pew he had been sitting on

The click of nails on wood echo in the room as Brenley taps on the pew.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:30 pm
"You take your time, friend! I do not want you to hurt yourself!" Ulka called, waving a paw dismissively. He had attempted to lift the statue, but due to being a rather small bear-boy, Ulka did not get very far. Or anywhere at all, really. Huffing in frustration, he backed away from the Jack figure, leering at it in frustration. What an absolutely rude statute!

It took Ulka a minute to register the other had spoken, and he turned to the stranger with a smile.

"Brenley is a very good name, yes! I shall call you Bren, because you pointed it out. And it is much shorter. I am Ulka!" He paused, then laughed. "You may call me Teddy! Everyone does. And by everyone, I mean my one single friend, yes."

...Point. Pointed it out. For some reason, when he said that, something in the little bear's fuzz-brain clicked. Turning back to the statue, Ulka realized they were all pointing in one direction.

Well! What a better way to investigate than to follow? Ulka squeakily-walked over in the direction the statues were pointing, making sure to look around as he went.

"It is weird that the statues are all pointing over here! So I am heading this way, yes!"

Smerdle

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

The Escaped

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:42 pm
xMoonstone Dazzle
Ulka squeakily-walked over in the direction the statues were pointing,

You realize that all of the statues point towards a door that says [ NOPE ] in thick red, still drying paint. As Ulka tries the door handle - because what else did you do with a door that says NOPE? - he realizes that it's locked.

Quote:
It is up to you whether or not you announce whether or not the door seems locked. However, anyone in the room, if they want to, will be able to see that you have tried the door. Anyone may search for the key.

Look for the Key!
  • Roll a 1d10
  • Match your result to the prompts below:
    1 - Your search turns up nothing of note. Just a few used kleenex.
    2 - You find a scrap of paper. It looks burned, but you think you can read INTAKE: ----- anything else however, seems entirely unreadable.
    3 - You find a few books, but it looks like it's on the histories of Halloween and the Rise of Jack. It's nothing new to you, and so you leave them be.
    4 - You find a broken chair leg. It doesn't look like much, but it's sturdy enough.
    5 - Your search turns up nothing of note. Just A few used kleenex.
    6 - You find a small square of fabric on the floor. Underneath it is a rusted scalpel. Unfortunately, it won't unlock the door.
    7 - You notice that there is something tucked behind the podium, hidden just behind the decorative drapery. It doesn't take you long to find a box (please read further instructions below!).
    8 - You find a few books, but it looks like it's on the histories of Halloween and the Rise of Jack. It's nothing new to you, and so you leave them be.
    9 - Your search turns up nothing of note. Just A few used kleenex.
    10 - You find a broken chair leg. It doesn't look like much, but it's sturdy enough.
  • The first person to roll a [ 7 ] should quote The Escaped. The second person to roll it may choose the 6 OR 8 result prompt.
  • You may keep any item you find. If multiple items are found you may distribute them to fellow players if you wish.
  • ROLL AS OFTEN AS YOU ARE HUMANLY CAPABLE OF find that box go go go!

So Long Gay Bowser rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:50 pm
"The door is locked!" Ulka called back, as if that hadn't been obvious by the click. The others might have needed to hear it, though. Frowning to himself, Ulka scratched his chin in thought. A locked door would need a key, and--

there are puppets. Hundreds of them, lined up in tubes. They are not just ordinary puppets- they are your friends. People you have met. And there, at the end of the row, is YOU.

--...No. No no no, this was NOT the time to think about that! That had been a mistake. This was a good thing. A genuine effort to get these people out of this weird, strange room.

"Hey, um! Bren! We should look around!"

Smerdle

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:14 pm
He couldn't help thinking this was a bad idea. They should just sit still and wait for someone to come get them, not follow a bunch of statues toward...

"Teddy?" Bren said, sliding his way out of the pew as quickly as he could. Luckily, the door the monster had found was locked, but that didn't make the sight of him standing in front of the paint-smeared portal any less disconcerting. "That's not..." He took another step forward, his boot displacing a number of crumpled tissues from their spots on the floor. Ick. At least they hadn't been used.

"I'm not sure that's the best place to stand," he suggested. "I... um... think it might say... nope... for a reason?" He glanced around, gaze lingering on the nearest wall, which was quite a distance away from the door. "I'll look for a way out over here."

Moonstone Dazzle

So Long Gay Bowser rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:30 pm
"It's not what...?" He asked, still looking around the room. Ulka hurried back to investigate the area, turning up a pile of books.

...And not even books with pictures! Lame! Frowning at the discovery, he folded his arms and stared at the books. What was he supposed to do with these, anyway...?

"Ugh!" Ulka weakly kicked at the book, not because it was a story on Jack- he rather liked that story!- but simply because it was not what he had been hoping for. Finding no solace in his fit of anger, the bear boy continued his search.

"But there are no other doors, yes? And say that someone put us here- would they not label the door NOPE to prevent us from leaving! I believe that is what makes sense. But. I would not bearnap anyone," he said very seriously, as though he had been morally debating on the issue.

"I would just make them cakes, I think."

With that, he continued on his search.

smerdle
HE'S KIND OF AN IDIOT...

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

So Long Gay Bowser rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:14 pm
INTAKE: ---

...Well! Ulka had absolutely no idea what that meant in the slightest. Turning it this way and that, he squinted at the paper. There had to be a secret, somewhere! Something he could understand!

...Nope.

Crumpling the paper in his paws, Ulka tossed it to one of the back pews. Absolutely nothing of use there! Maybe someone smarter would understand it better, but Ulka was not a very clever bear.

Onward with the search he went!

So Long Gay Bowser rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:31 pm
More books! Gosh golly darn, he was not very good at this searching thing. At the very least, he hadn't been eaten by a Jabberwock this time! That was always a plus!

And there were plenty of other places to search, too!

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 pm
He searched the remaining walls in the room for quite some time, long enough to be relatively certain that the bear spoke the truth. There were no other doors, at least none that he could see at the moment.

"I suppose you're right," he replied under his breath. "So what should we look for then, if not a more inviting exit?" Definitely not more tissues, he thought as he kicked at another wad of the things.

Moonstone Dazzle

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces