Get hype. (SSB4) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:21 pm
Shulk is not a confirmed character... or even really hinted at.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:24 pm
You don't know about the last 3 newcomers that are pretty much guaranteed then?  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:44 pm
I don't care about the others. Palutena's in and dat a** is what I'll play as.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:50 pm
CarcharOdin
I don't care about the others. Palutena's in and dat a** is what I'll play as.

Palutena does look fun. I'm more stoked for Greninja though.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:08 am
So far that makes what, like 7 sword wielders in the game? Including Mii fighter but not including Pit since it's more of a bow.

Not that I have a huge problem with that honestly, its just... Well interesting.

I'm pretty happy with who they picked, though I'm not sure if Chrom is an assist or just a part of the final smash.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:26 pm
Here's my posts from this morning from tumblr. razz

I liked Brawl because I didn’t need to play any new games in order to enjoy all of the characters. I really need to get around to playing Fire Emblem Awakening, even though I have Dream Drop Distance I was playing first… Ugh. Kind of disappointed there’s so many anime swordfighters in this one. If I wanted Soul Calibur, I’d get it. At least Robin looks like he/she plays differently and doesn’t have blue hair! I’m sure I’ll appreciate them more after I play Awakening.

They’ll probably be fun and unique and I’ll get over it like all of the Fire Emblem characters but I really like Smash Bros. for bringing crazy, goofball characters like Pac-Man and King Dedede and making them fight on the Great Fox while Isabelle throws fruit at them. I was getting excited for Rayman.

Captain Falcon at last! I guess they really might reveal most of the secret characters. n****e caps are still intact. Sigh. Where the hell is Meta Knight? And WARIO?

Alright well this announcement was kinda stupid. Robin looks like he’ll be neat and it’s nice to have another character with male/female versions even if they look kind of complicated to use, what with the spells with only so many uses and at least three different elements.

The reveal was awesome. I love how every character reveal is different and the styles of the videos represent their series. Rosalina with the CGI in space, Little Mac with the comic book style and this one with the cinematic, cel-shadedness of Awakening. It’s so neat to see characters from other series in those styles, too, ala Captain Falcon.

Lucina seems VERY much like Marth which is a pretty big disappointment. I’d take Roy back over her because he at least had a fire sword. I get not wanting to make her a costume because she’s not still “Marth” but come on.

I’m glad Chrom isn’t playable too. That would really just be too much. It’s feeling like Fire Emblem is getting way more representation. We have one Starfox character, two Kirbies, one F-Zero, NO Wario… Four Fire Emblem characters. Weird.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:54 pm
J of The Wind
So far that makes what, like 7 sword wielders in the game? Including Mii fighter but not including Pit since it's more of a bow.

Not that I have a huge problem with that honestly, its just... Well interesting.

I'm pretty happy with who they picked, though I'm not sure if Chrom is an assist or just a part of the final smash.

He's part of Robin's final smash.

Also it may be embarrassing but this reveal made me cry cause I wanted Lucina in so bad but didn't think she had a chance. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:30 pm
Aww, Reg. I'm glad for you, then. smile  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:20 pm
Skaeryll
[Kegan]
I think what we should all be doing is speculating how exactly Robin's attacks will work.

It looks like his fire attacks are a neutral special, and his electric attacks are forward special. wind seems like a down aerial, and if I had to guess nosferatu is a down special.

But how do you control the intensity? Like... for anyone uninitiated with fire emblem, spells come in like 4 intensities. Normal, el-, arc- and then there are actually several higher level tomes with seperate names, but in awakening the most common ones (like, that you could buy) were thoron, bolganone and... Uhhhh... I can't remember the wind one!

Non elemental magic has a different naming scheme.

So like... my first idea was that you can swap the moves like you can swap other character's special attacks, with higher intensities trading off for either range or number of uses on the tome, but then I think at some points in the trailer robin uses different intensities of the same element in one cut. Didn't he?

I guess I need to watch it again.

Edit: Nope the ct every time he uses a different spell. I thought they showed female robin use thoron after arc thunder but they cut to another location there too.

So I guess that's that. I wonder what the default set up is going to be.

Aww man. I wonder if they are going to release separate figures for male and female robin...? Lemme paint dat hair reeeeed

Thunder magic is gonna be neutral special, fire is side special, wind is totally up special s/he gets lifts when he uses it, and the dark magic is down special.
[Kegan]
I thought about up special too, but it attacks down. The lift you get on that might be closer to the lift ivysaur gets when it uses stun spores downwards in midair, or when mario uses his cape. It seemed more like that to me, anyway, because he does it multiple times in a row.

[Kegan]
Also, if it's tied to a smash, and you can't change it, that would explain why they only name one wind spell.

At one point he does a wind spell (Not name dropped) and he's just standing still. Maybe it's his down smash? Neutral?

Edit: Yeah it looks more like a neutral, like a consecutive jab attack (Fox, captain falcon, original smash bros link!), because it launches after it hits a few times and then he finishes it.

So if I am looking at this right and air element spells are done with certain smashes and aerials, would that mean that he has unlimited uses of them?
derp  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 pm
Meta_Fish

Thanks man. lol  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 am
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=233141&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Does this mean we can FINALLY stop guessing and worrying soon? xd I mean, it's been fun and exciting, BUT I JUST WANNA KNOW ALREADY.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:31 am
16-bit Jazzy
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=233141&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Does this mean we can FINALLY stop guessing and worrying soon? xd I mean, it's been fun and exciting, BUT I JUST WANNA KNOW ALREADY.

I doubt it'd be the full roster. It's probably just a ploy to sell issues.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:34 am
It's a pretty reputable source so I wouldn't be too surprised. They get the game before us and that might be the last issue before release. It might be a ploy to sell issues but if they say that they kind of have to mean it.

I'd really like if some characters were kept as DLC so they really WERE secret.

And Lucina is confirmed to pretty much be Roy but without fire or interesting colors. Awesome. I thought they were cutting back on clones but she seems more cloney than anyone in Brawl. And he mentioned there might be more like her. UGH

Skaeryll
Meta_Fish

Thanks man. lol
That's kinda how I was with Mega Man, lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:10 am
I think there's gonna be more differences to her but her being a Marth clone isn't that surprising coming from her game.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:10 pm
Skaeryll
I think there's gonna be more differences to her but her being a Marth clone isn't that surprising coming from her game.
It's not, but it's surprising for this game when they said they were working on removing clone characters and all that. Just a bummer to me.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff