Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
I need your help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sun, sand, sea?
  Snow, sleet, hail?
View Results

[.Rushan.]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:12 pm
I would like pointers on writing a bomb-a** cover letter please 4laugh
I have googled, but I would like more personalized answers (if that makes sense).

Also..The reason I have been missing so much in the guild, is because I was moving (while in Las Bahamas).
And... because I am back in the land of snow.. looking for a new job/s cry It's not fun, sigh.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:17 pm
Which land are you in atm? Different countries have different prefferences for what they want in a cover letter (or resume/cv).

But basically your cover letter should be set out in the formal heading like all advice sites show.

Make sure you use targeted cover letters where you can. Aka a generic cover letter for any job will be looked over quick as opposed to a cover letter telling your employer why you would be best. Never undersell yourself (In New Zealand its in our culture to talk down our achievements no matter how big, because noone likes anyone who brags even deservedly in NZ). You need to tell them why you are better than the possibly 100s others they will look at.

Your first line should of course identify what you are applying for and where you saw it.

From here is depends really what you are applying for. Because applying for a entry level, internship, techincal, volenteer, management etc etc could all be different.

Do you have a draft of yours?  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

[.Rushan.]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:36 pm
Sagebomb
Which land are you in atm? Different countries have different prefferences for what they want in a cover letter (or resume/cv).

I am back in Nova Scotia (yay (not really sweatdrop )). It would be for jobs here in Canada, I'm sort of looking into getting onto a resort/lodge in Alberta for the summer. I know there will be a high volume of applicants so I want a bomb cv!

I can get you a draft, as I have several types gonk but I haven't made anything up yet, since the listings are still scarce.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:42 pm
[.Rushan.]
Sagebomb

I am back in Nova Scotia (yay (not really sweatdrop )). It would be for jobs here in Canada, I'm sort of looking into getting onto a resort/lodge in Alberta for the summer. I know there will be a high volume of applicants so I want a bomb cv!

I can get you a draft, as I have several types gonk but I haven't made anything up yet, since the listings are still scarce.

I will be in AB till about the start of may XD.

Im not too sure what summer resorts are like, I know winter resorts snap up anyone and thier dog because of the mega high demand. Still AB has all the money atm so it could be easier than some other places. Any reason for AB though?

Yeah you can still make a targeted for resorts cover letter, and then leave a couple places for small changes to make it specific to thier ads (Because if you show you read thier ads and reply specifically to them it shows that you are attentive and take initiative as well as feed back which is a great trait).

Feel free to PM anything to me, though note I suck at spelling/grammer/punctuation, so I wont be noting any of that really, just the general feel of it. Also I have never employed specifically, but I have applied to several hundred jobs, and worked at many different places. But no promises besides a extra pair of eyes to look it over.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers