Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
❀ ℊaians in ℊlitter ❀ new raffle in 4th post!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If I'm going to splurge, it'll be on...
  Eye products (eyeshadow, mascara, etc.)
  Face products (foundation, concealer, powder, etc.)
  Contour products (blush, bronzer, etc.)
  Lip products (lipstick, gloss, balm, etc.)
  Pizza (supreme, veggie, sausage, etc.)
View Results

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:53 pm
I use blotting sheets, too! They help, but sometimes remove the foundation on my nose and forehead, where I'm oiliest. Oy. I'm thinking of buying a backup powder/concealer and keeping a retractable kabuki/lip brush in my bag to touch up whenever I need to touch up and look decent.

For brows, I usually do them myself, but about once or twice a year go in for waxing. I feel as though I can groom and shape them pretty well with an eyebrow shaper, and I trim my eyebrow hairs about once a month, when they get unruly and uneven.

Madam Chai
For peops who go all day and need make up that can keep up with them without looking all oily/ cakey/ whatever- try dabbing your face with rice paper/ blotting paper. Its what I do when I'm at work- My make up won't last through a 10 hour shift and by then end I look like... gonk gonk gonk so I'll dab at my face- it doesn't really help with my make up, but it at least gets rid of the excess oil and tones down the cakey look. Starbucks napkins also work xd rofl rofl

Anyone every try this? Did it work for you?

Oh, and speaking of eyebrows- do you pluck? Wax? Thread? I've been strapped for cash so I've just been plucking myself. But when I have the funds, I love getting my eye brows waxed. I find it very relaxing- I love feeling the warm wax spread, but I don't feel it when they rip the paper off. My mother usually jumps a mile high when she gets her eyebrows done, but I sit there and start to fall asleep. rofl

As for threading- never tried it but I heard its painful. But then, waxing is supposed to be painful, too, and I actually like it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:58 pm
Bump!  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:57 pm
Bump!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:10 pm
Bumpity!  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:54 am
Skin problems galore - no make up for me. ^^;

*stocks up on The Body Shop's Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick*

During main-stage productions I used to get asked if I had makeup on since my skin is pale and I often had these naturally red cheeks. Unfortunately pale-looking skin is not what you want in theater - unless you're playing a ghost. x3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:06 am
If I had to take a picture of my day to day make-up products, The picture would just be an empty table xD I'm not really fond of make up  

Emberxylic Len

Ice-Cold Combatant

18,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • 50 Wins 150

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:14 pm
Sorry for the necro sweatdrop But I couldn't think of a better thread to put this in.....

I've really, really been into some gyaru looks lately. Well, some of the outfits, anyway- some of them are totally adorable.....but along with that comes the gyaru hair and make up (and those girls are hard core about it- false lashes, contouring, the whole 9 yards gonk - looks beautiful but....so much work...)

I told my boyfriend I was thinking of going for a gyaru look and he bust out laughing, choking on his tea. His verdict, once he realized I was srsly srs was "pfft you wouldn't 5 minutes trying all that crap". xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:51 am
gaia_crown What is your everyday makeup routine?
It really depends on what I have time for. If I have plenty of time to get ready, then it´s 50´s inspired rockabilly makeup with matching hair.
If i have less time than I first anticipated, then I normally draw on my brows (I am that kind of ginger where you can´t see my eyebrows or lashes), then put on some concealer to hide the blue under my eyes, mascara and maybe a light eye shadow, like a nude look. Lip balm with some colour and I am done biggrin

gaia_crown What is one product you could not live without?
Lip balms, concealer, mascara and brow pencil.

gaia_crown When do you feel the most beautiful?
When I feel good inside and out. I feel like I am looking beautiful when I feel beautiful, both because I feel good, physically and mentally.  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers