Artemis Vanguard: Th'ardrod- First Appearance Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

00Rebecca_Chambers00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:33 am
User Image

The grass was white, and equally monochrome willows swayed with the rhythm of the wind. A masculine figure appeared before her, entirely hidden by his black cloak.
"Artemis Vanguard," he whispered, using her full name. His voice seemed to quake the world with power. "Do not delay your finding of wisdom and truth. It has already begun."
With that, the man disintegrated into swirls of shadowy smoke, and a new scene dawned. Two girls were in a lake, arguing over a book. It had corrupted them and neither wanted the other to have it. The moment they both touched it with their bare hands, a bright flare was sent up into the air. It cascaded and rained down in sparks, eating every living thing it came by. The ducks around them screamed in agony and became colourless before they died, floating on the water while blood gushed out in every end. Soon, the lake was as crimson as though the water had turned into blood, staining the clothes of the two girls in it. Their faces started to glow and melt, vanishing as though they were born faceless.

Just then, another scene appeared. It was a battle ground, active, with the tribes and Imperials at all ends, slaughtering one another. An additional army was wasting away lives more rapidly than the others. All these soldiers lacked masks and were fearless and ruthless. Their eyes were empty as if they had lost their souls a long time ago.

Luna woke up as she popped up into bed trying to catch her breath. She took a shaky breath of cold air as she tried to calm herself down as she tried to understand what her dream meant. Her father, who is a hunter in her home city of Th'ardrod walked into her room. "Another dream Artemis?" The wrinkles underneath his eyes showed the aging of her father but up close you can still see the hint of the handsome youth he once had. Artemis or Luna as people call her as the very sound of her full name disgust most of her people who live in Th'ardrod gave a gentle smile. "I see mother's gift has blessed me once again. Wasn't she a priestess father before she passed away of illness?" Her father gave a slight frown as he walked over to her and sat on the soft bed covered in a black sheep's wool as he ran his finger through his daughter's silky black hair. "Yes she was my daughter and it seems like it is your time to take your rightful place as Oracle. Your gift is far more powerful then your mothers." He placed one of her lose curl behind her ear but Artemis eyes sadden at the very thought that she might be picked as being the Oracle instead of staying a hunter. "Father, I am being sent away and we both know it. I'm not welcome in my home city. I can feel the glared upon my back there is no way I have been chosen to follow the path mother once took. I chose your footsteps to follow." Her father stood up as the streaks of grey and black hair laid in a low ponytail passed his sturdy shoulders. "I am sorry my daughter but it looks like your destiny his heading elsewhere." He gave her a kiss on her father that had been filled with a birthmark since birth. It now grew into a trible looking tattoo as Artemis always.covered it up when she went out. "Breakfast is ready."

Artemis walked out of her house after breakfast and she felt the stares as she always have when she wonder around. She felt unwanted everywhere she walked and she knew it too. Artemis wore a purple headband around her forehead as her long raven color hair spilled out in curls around her face as she wore the pants and long sleeve shirt that was all black with her black boots as her attire for today. Artemis found here looking at everyone's face to see if she can find the ones in her dreams. Artemis rubbed her forehead as she had a migraine that won't go away. She rubbed her temple as she walked into the market and found that it was busy as usual. She heard whispers and chatter and she found that the market was quiet chattey today. Artemis turned around as she bumped into a tree and found a paper stuck to her face. She removed it as she a girl was on the poster and found that it was Lavender, the daughter of Oonagh's. "Why on earth is she on one of these. When I grew up in As'arden I seen her around. She was such a polite girl." Artemis was puzzled about this as she seen on the same tree that the picture of the Forbidden Book was missing. Artemis quickly grabbed this o e and recognized it as the book in her dreams. "Oh no, what are the elders going to think of this."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:25 am
User Image

"What are the elders going to think of what?" It was Ryan. He was standing close, looking over her shoulder. Gently, he took the poster from her hands and fixed it to the tree as it were. "Lavender is missing. And I can't find Sage either. Have you seen them, Luna?" His face was earnestly concerned and strikingly sincere as it has always been.

00Rebecca_Chambers00

peinture avec angelique

Feral Phantom

00Rebecca_Chambers00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:40 am
m i s s Rieux

User Image

Luna felt herself blush as she found herself speaking out loud again. She didn't blame the stares she got as her porcelain skin reflect in the sun as her cheek turned rose red at the embarrassment. Ryan who she really never talked to stood so close to her that she felt awkward as she had to take a step back. Since she spoke out loud she felt obligated to tell him. "The forbidden book has gone missing and yet as a hunter, I was not informed yet again of important information from my fellow hunters." Of course she wasn't supposed as her other hunters that she worked with never told her anything like this as they only talked among themselves. "I haven't seen Lavender in few years since I lived in As'arden and Sage well I am not acquainted with her. So sorry I haven't seen them." Luna's migraine kept making her head pound as she did her best to ignore it but it kept bothering her.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:47 am
User Image

His eyes fell. He seemed genuinely concerned as Lavender was not known to disappear for longer than a few hours. Even if she has gone wandering off, it was always easy to find her and return her home. Sage, on the other hand, was known for her random disappearances and would often stay away for weeks before being brought home by Th'ardrodian guards and fined for sneaking into the university without paying for the class fees.

"Well, at least you're here. You're missed at As'arden, Luna. How is life?" His smile returned, glowing and as magnetic as any minstrel could ever be.

00Rebecca_Chambers00

peinture avec angelique

Feral Phantom

00Rebecca_Chambers00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:53 am
m i s s Rieux

User Image

Luna gave a small smile to Ryan as she was sorry she was not much use to him to find his friends. Her smile turned upside down as soon as she was asked about life. She kept asking herself the same question on what was the meaning of her life? "Life is an end less journey for me as I am always turning in random paths. But I know one day I'll find my true path in life. However, it seems my fellow Th'ardrodians are sending me back to As'arden again. I feel like they do it to spite me."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:23 am
User Image

"You know you're always welcome with us, Luna," he said softly, seeming slightly hurt at her reluctance to visit. "Would you like some fruit?" He offered her a juicy, ripe peach. It was not often that Th'ardrod had many fruit besides the usual apples and oranges, but the annual As'arden market always brought their finest with them and made up for it.
Ryan took a seat, leaning against the tree, and motioned for Luna to join him. His chest heaved in and out with slow, steady breathing. He was well-known in the village for his kindness and is rumored to have a never-fading smile that warmed hearts almost as much as his artworks did. Of course, these rumors were only spread among the single or widowed women of As'arden as a harmless form of gossip during womanly past times. The reason for the rumors became oddly evident the more time she spent with him even though not many words were said. There was an aura of comfort about him.

00Rebecca_Chambers00

peinture avec angelique

Feral Phantom

00Rebecca_Chambers00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:40 am
m i s s Rieux

User Image

Luna smiled brigtly as the peach was her favorite fruit. She was always sadden to find that Th'ardrod didn't have any but apples were her second favorite fruit so all was not lost. "Thank you Ryan but I the place I was sent off to mostly felt like home then my birth place." An elderly woman passed them by as Luna caught the firey glare she shot her. "I rather be alone then belong into a group after all I am a hunter. A proud hunter, its a family tradition after all." Luna tried to convince her of those words but the mark on her forehead that she always cover up told her different. "I can't stay long Ryan, I am..." Luna bit her red lips before she spoke that British accent she has, "I am looking for someone well actually two to be exact." Luna felt safe with Ryan even if she didn't speak to him that often. She tend to stay away from everyone and just go hunting and go gather fruit but Ryan always poped up when she wanted to be alone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:19 am
User Image

"Tradition to be alone?" He seemed surprised. "That seems a tad harsh, don't you think? Or maybe I'm just used to hunt in groups."
"Maybe I could help you find them?" he offered with a crooked smile and stood, taking another bite out of the peach in his hand. "Who are we looking for?"

00Rebecca_Chambers00

peinture avec angelique

Feral Phantom

00Rebecca_Chambers00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:34 am
m i s s Rieux

User Image

"Yes it is. Its a new tradition that I am adding in since I am the only jackal in my family." The bracket she had had on her left hand is in fact her mask. It black diamond mixed with gold as hangong on it is a brown carven feathers and in the middle is the jackal's face. [link] Luna had to think on his questions as she didn't know how to answer it. "Well actually I don't know who they are but the lake is a good place to go." The more she thought of the dream she had the more her head started to pound. She gritted her teeth as she took off the headband she had on as her crescent moon marking was shown. She thought it might help the pain in her head but only a little. It was manageable pain but the pounding was still there. Its as if she was sufgercating the mark on her forehead. "Shall we go." Her violet eyes shined so bright as she quickly turned as she ft the stares of her people. "Its better to hunt by yourself." She commented as she started walking as she wrapped her headband around her right arm.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:54 am
User Image

"It's lonely," he replied, following her towards the river. There were no lakes in Th'ardrod except for the broad, slow-moving river than were sometimes referred to as the village's lake. Once they were in the forest, he grabbed at her wrist and pinned her to a tree, holding her there with the weight of his body. His movements were sudden and firm, but not hurtful. He cupped her face with his hands, staring intently at the patterns on her smooth forehead.
"Finally," he whispered; his breath felt hot on her skin. "Forgive me, Luna, but ever since we were children, I've been trying to catch a glimpse at your markings." He traced his fingertips along the swirls and shapes, admiring them and treating her as though she was a work of art painted and crafted by the deities.

00Rebecca_Chambers00

peinture avec angelique

Feral Phantom

00Rebecca_Chambers00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:34 pm
m i s s Rieux

User Image

"Its better to be alone at times." Luna said as they walked towards the lake. She was lost in her thoughts as she had no clue what she would say if she ran into the two girls she saw in her vision. Can she call it a vision? Luna's thoughts ended abruptly as she found her self face to face with Ryan. She was stunned at his weight pressed against her. Thats when she notice he was handsome and his hot breath upon her sent shivers along her body. "Why Ryan?" She whispered back as she couldn't move away from his grasp. It felt so alien to her to be close to someone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 am
User Image

He glanced down, meeting her light eyes and gave himself over to them. She was so close, yet felt so far away. His left hand snaked to the back of her neck and the other felt down her arm to the small of her back that was slightly arched so that her body, at that spot, just barely separated from the tree. He leaned forward; her breath tickled his lips as they hovered moments from hers. It gave him goosebumps. Leaning closer still, their lips briefly brushed before he pulled away. "I'm sorry," he said, flashing his charming half-smile. There was something almost sad about his eyes, betraying his conflicting emotions.

"What do these people look like? The ones you're looking for..." His voice was heavy and low, but the rest of him seemed as enthusiastic about the search as he was before.

00Rebecca_Chambers00

peinture avec angelique

Feral Phantom

00Rebecca_Chambers00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:33 pm
m i s s Rieux

User Image

Luna heart was racing as he was so close to her. Every touch brought chills and sparks that scared her. She felt the touch of his lips but it was gone too soon. Luna looked at him as she felt herself blush. Now she knew why the woman called him a flirt and if this was to make fun of her she wasn't having it. She wouldn't throw herself at him like all the other women. "I don't know I'll let you know." She placed her headband back on as she continued to walk on. Artemis made sure that they didn't touch or if he got closer to her she made sure to move a few inches away from him. She mindlessly walked on as she heard the sound of the rushing of the river. Artemis heart started to beat faster as she was nerves. The pulse of her heart pounded in her ear as she finally was going to get some answers about her vision and what it all meant. Did these girls that she has been seeking really have the book that has gone missing from the ancient library or was it just a dream, or rather a nightmare more like it.

Artemis walked a bit faster as she wanted to see if those girls were here, but what happen if the nightmare that she had was wrong? What happen if those girls were not here and it was already too late? These questions ran into her head as she was so closer and yet it felt so far as she was getting closer and closer to the spot she saw. Can it be that she truly had a vision of war? A war over an ancient book? But if those girls were in fact not there at the river as she saw them to be arguing over the book, will there be any clues on where they have gone. Artemis swore to herself and upon the elders she will fine those girls before its too late.........

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:23 am
User Image

They walked on. Ryan stole a glance at her every now and then, but pretended to be examining their surrounded every time she almost caught him.

"Look," he said, stopping and crouching to the floor. "Tracks." There were prints of boots and hooves set neatly into the wet soil - wet from the closeness of the river. Three different styles of boots could be made out, and two horses. One was Imperial, for it wore shoes, and the other was As'arden, bearing resemblance to a horse that has worn no shoe since birth. "These are Kinja's, if I'm not mistaken. We should check if she's taken."

00Rebecca_Chambers00

peinture avec angelique

Feral Phantom

00Rebecca_Chambers00

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:19 am
m i s s Rieux

User Image

Luna hasn't realized she was holding her breath until she finly released it. She was relived that her version was true and it wasn't some horrible nightmare but now she must find the book before it falls into the wrong hand. "Are you up for an adventure Ryan?" Luna knew this is going to be a long adventurous journey and she needed help. But asking Ryan was making her nervous. He placed his lips upon her and the image still burned in her mind but she shook her head to keep it away. The image would make her blush and she didn't want him to see that he was winning her over. "Ryan I need an answer right here and now. We are losing time and that book needs to be found."

[ ✔ ] Craejan & Avezé RP | Main RP #2

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff