cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:59 am
Kitomyx

Mooncake groaned inwardly. It felt like the conversation was just going to go in circles forever. "But that's only one facet of their personality!" He sighed and shook his head, quite tempted to face hoof. "If you're hanging out with a friend and an enemy is there you're more likely to be tense and restrain yourself. And if you suddenly start acting nice people are just going to think you're two face and weird. Not to say you should do this, but you'd probably have better luck starting off nice and then suddenly starting a fight after you've known them for a while."

"So stubborn," the flutter muttered, a brief laugh escaping his muzzle. "You should try not to be so close-minded." With a snort, the older flutter bumped the uni's flank with his head.

Glancing down at his hooves, he hung his head. "Reading hasn't made me particularly strong or dashing." He glanced shyly at the foal and pursed his lips. "Well, her name is Lemure... You probably know her? The radiant and ghostly maiden. Like the beautiful Hecate or a Kunisada, but gentle and kind..." He smiled, staring dreamily ahead of him before he remembered he was speaking to someone. His cheeks colored red and he stared at Truths in a panic. "You better not tell her."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:14 pm
Amused by Mooncake's obvious exasperation, Truths rested his chin against a hoof and sneered. "Maybe you would be tense and restrain yourself," he answered, studying his other hoof. "If you had the discipline to do so, of course." Oh what fun it still was to give the flutter a hard time. "I already am two-faced. Others just don't think I'm weird because most don't know. It's why I generally keep a consistent front no matter who I'm with or where I am."

He paused, considering Moon's suggestion. After a moment or two, though, he shook his head. "I still say you're more likely to lose a friend that way than the other way around. Most people don't have the courage to start fights with friend in the first place because they don't want them to know their faults.

"As if you aren't!" he retorted playfully at the claim he was stubborn, sitting back halfway on his haunches. "Hmph." The foal turned his head away and flicked his tail at Moon when his flank was bumped, but did not attempt to counter or deny the flutter stallion's words.

"Oh, please," the unicorn groaned, rolling his eyes this time. "As if any filly worth impressing gives a horseshoe about those things. Wait, did you say Lemure?" His yellow-gold eyes grew wide. "Lemure of Love Lost? Why her?" he asked, aghast. To listen to Moon speak of her, however, started to make Truths feel a little disgusted and he suddenly wasn't sure he wanted to know.

"Be careful. You should know better than most when you go around comparing love interests to goddesses," he warned mockingly, teasing. "Me? Tell? I wouldn't dream of it. That would make everything far too easy for you. No, you have to be the one to tell her, Pancake. That's all there is to it."

cursedandwandering

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:42 pm
Kitomyx

sorry for taking so long @_@ should we quote michie after the next truth's post?

"So stubborn." Mooncake groaned and rolled his eyes. It was almost becoming comical at this point. "I can't imagine you make many friends just being a jerk to anyone either. So i don't know why friendship is even a concern of yours if you're so dedicated to finding out everyone's true nature."

The flutter's face was already scarlet from the first mention of Lemure. But now he had to explain it! "Well, she loves reading books about mythical creatures like i do... And have you seen those legs? I mean, wow. What's the likelihood of a phony being born like that? They're beautiful and fascinating and I wonder if they can be used for all the things ghosts are supposed to be able to do. I bet she knows so much about ghosts." Oh god, he was rambling, about her legs of all things.

He coughed, attempting to change the subject. "No goddess could possibly strike her down out of jealousy. I'm sure her ghostly nature as is would prevent it, but since it would be my fault i'd much rather take the punishment of being transformed into a spider or whatever other creature than let her be cast down for my folly." His eyebrows knit together as the foal teased him. "What? I couldn't! I can't!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:01 pm
"Not many, but that's not my goal. I have just the right amount," Truths insisted. "The only reason I concern myself with friendship at all is to keep the few I have; the ones worth keeping."

Ah...well the books explained it. And perhaps the mythical creatures. But the young unicorn highly doubted Mooncake knew how...sexualized his comment about her legs sounded. It was a good thing he knew what the flutter stallion was actually referring to. "Those legs, huh?" he laughed jeeringly. "I hope you're talking about the fact that they're transparent and not how attractively shapely they are. That would be a cause for worry." The intelligent bookworm falling for a phony just for her body? Didn't sound like Moon to him.

The more he talked, however, the more it sounded like the purple phony's words had a different meaning to them. "Yes...'all the things ghosts are supposed to be able to do'," he repeated, amused. "I can only imagine what you think those might consist of."

Grinning madly, Truths slid a hoof down his face. "Oh no. Now you've done it. Openly opposing and challenging the abilities of the divine - and the female deities, no less. What was that saying about 'hell hath no fury...'?" He highly doubted any such goddess would care whose fault it was, (after all, of all the ladies who had suffered the goddess' wrath, how many had incurred it themselves?) but that wasn't his main concern here and he wasn't about to allow Mooncake to change the topic so easily.

"Of course you can," the colt told him more seriously, his tone more gentle. "Why wouldn't you be able to? Cat got your tongue? Are you under some spell? Is she?" He calmly regarded the flutter. "No. Unlike all the characters in your stories, you have it easy. You said you think it's pointless and that there's no way she'd be interested in a bookworm like you, but isn't she one herself?"

He pointed at the adult with a indicative hoof. "Admit it. You're not going to turn into seafoam or die if she rejects you. All you have to worry about is a hurt pride and injured feelings of unrequited love, but that's enough to give you pause. And I don't blame you," Truths added, holding up the same hoof, "but think about the alternative. If you never tell her anything, you'll forever wonder what could have been - whether or not you could have lived happily ever after. At least if you confess your feelings to her you'll know. No matter what her answer, you'll be able to move on without the weight of 'what could have been'."

"And no matter what she says, Mooncake," Truths continued, "you know that I - er...your friends and family will be there for you, don't you? Not to mention that regardless of whether or not she returns your feelings, you'll have made her happier to know she was special to someone." He looked thoughtful. "Whatever her answer, I imagine she would at least have to respect the fact that you had the courage to tell her the truth."

cursedandwandering
((Aww, don't worry about it. XD Normally I wouldn't mind, but I'm just so anxious for Truths to finally finish his purpose and grow to catch up to Mooncake, Lemure, and now Paper! In regards the quoting, sure! Sounds great to me!))

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:23 pm
StarieMichie
Ha ha, finally bringing you in on this! Quote Kito in your post please <3

"I feel like you search for honesty with the way you approach it conflicts with you potential for friendships. But, you already know that."

The flutter blinked, blushing deeply. "What? Oh no. I mean-" He cleared his throat, trying to maintain his composure. "I'm sure their shape is considered aesthetically pleasing by the general populace. But, anyone can have generally nice looking legs. Not everyone can be that special though." Mooncake smiled dreamily, a vision of the ghostly mare in his head.

"I suppose it depends on what culture and type of spirit you're talking about. There is intangibility, possession to go along with that, also the whole poltergeist telekinesis thing..." Lips pursed, his brown eyes stared towards the sky as he listed the various cultures in his head. The fact that she certainly wasn't dead only seemed to make things more interesting. She wasn't someone to be feared or respected due to being some ancestral relation, but a living and breathing mare with her own interests and personality. She was something that couldn't be so easily categorized and this only made her more fascinating.

Scoffing, Mooncake rolled his eyes. "I'm not challenging their abilities per say, more their beauty and intelligence. They could be perfectly good at shapeshifting or what not and i wouldn't care, nor would they find my words a challenge for that. Though i do find in myths you're more likely to be punished if the words actually proved to be true that you were superior to a god..." A small frown crossed the flutter's face for a moment.

The peer pressure was growing agitating to the stallion, due to fear, as he stomped a hoof in displeasure. "In all my books the leading lady falls for some grand macho hero. Not the guy transcribing it all and most certainly not the reader! I certainly couldn't rescue her unless it was from some folklore related quiz she needed to study for."

He sighed, glancing down to the grass, disappointed with himself. "She is. I like that about her..." The adult glanced towards Truths sheepishly. "And if i'm rejected you won't go about making it worse by announcing my embarrassment to everyone else you know, will you?" Oh god, he was just feeling more and more pathetic as the young uni went on.

"Fine. You win. You want me to go man up and confess?" He groaned inwardly and turned towards the direction of the town. "Lets go find her then."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Blissfully unaware of all the truthful discussions that had been happening, and of how her life was going to change because of them, Lemure of Love Lost was sweeping the steps of the bookstore. It seemed like she was always there, even though she was Old Enough, and really should have been getting on with her own life. Doing unpaid labor all day for her family was about the last job she wanted to do.

Although, the one perk was that she didn't have to buy any books. She read them all in the store, and took care to keep them looking as new as possible. The ghostly filly spent every moment of her free time reading these dreadful romance novels and waiting for a Prince Charming to come. Her mind was filled with romantic visions that had now become a lot more carnal since she grew.

While she liked to daydream about all the hunky studs in her books, there was one stallion she had had her eye on since they were foals. But, he was too pretty for her, and certainly a lot smarter. Guys like him didn't really fall in love with girls like her in real life.

Kitomyx

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:10 pm
"Mm. Quite true," Truths mused in response to his potential for friendships. "That's how I prefer it, though."

"Well said," the foal answered, still half smirking at the fact that Mooncake hadn't seemed to have caught his second bit of innuendo regarding 'all the things ghosts were expected to do'. It was pretty subtle, however, and it was something of a relief that he didn't. It didn't seem like the sort of thing Mooncake would have noticed. "As for divine retribution...I suppose I'll have to take your word for it. You're the folklorist, after all."

With a sigh and a roll of his eyes, Truths stomped an impatient hoof. "All of your books?" he repeated dubiously. "What about that cliche concept that the least-likely hero ends up being more than he had ever imagined he could be? Honestly, now you're just making excuses."

"Of course not," the unicorn snorted at Mooncake indignantly. "Just who do you take me for, anyhow? I may be a grumpy jerk, but that doesn't mean I don't understand that love is a very serious matter. Besides, you'll do fine. I'm confident you will."

Pleased at the flutter stallion's resolve, Hard Truths gave a curt nod and came up alongside his 'frienemy' as they headed into town.

cursedandwandering
((SORRY THAT TOOK SO LONG. Spring break has been so busy for me. XP))

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:51 pm
StarieMichie
<3

Mooncake rolled his eyes at the colt beside him as he glided his way towards the bookstore owned by Lemure's mothers. "Well, Truths. I can't achieve the position of underdog if i'm arrogant about it, can i?" He stuck his tongue out in a rare moment of intentional silliness. "I guess underdog is a nice way to think about it... But, i'd rather not get my hopes up. It'd be somewhat like the fall of Icarus if i was rejected i think. Flying too close to the sun and all."

The flutter snorted at his hastily made reference, growing more on edge as they grew closer to the bookstore. Rather than trying to calm himself with the potential of things going well, he instead chose to think of the possibility that maybe she wouldn't be there and he could put this off for yet another day. A he might hopefully be more courageous and more appealing to the mares.

But, as luck would have it, upon peering through the glass windows, Lemure was indeed inside. With a gulp the stallion pushed open the door, unable to backdown in front of Truths, and began to awkwardly peek at the shelves of books.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:11 pm
Kitomyx

Oh! It was Mookcake and Hard Truths! Lemure squirmed a little as she saw them come in. She had just been thinking about Mooncake. Maybe she had some kind of secret hidden abilities that let her summon hot guys with the powers of her mind... or, more likely, they were just here to buy books.

They didn't really look interested in her. It seemed like they were just browsing the shelves. Unrequited love was the only love she was ever going to know.

The mare walked up to them. Maybe she could at least have a chance to talk to Mooncake. It was better than just standing there, staring, and hoping that he approached her. She would go crazy just gazing at him from afar! "Hi guys!" She said with just a little too much excitement, "Did you come in here to find a special book, or were you just looking?"

Lemure batted her eyelashes furiously, and flicked her mane in an attempt to look as attractive as possible. She wasn't sure if it was working or if she just looked twitchy and silly.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
"Perhaps not, but you don't have to be arrogant to be confident or even hopeful, now, do you?" Truths countered, glancing up in surprised to see the stallion's tongue directed at him. The foal shook his head. "Fine, fine...sheesh, that's another thing you and her have in common. You're both drama queens. But I expect that's what comes of being too emotionally invested in exaggerated stories..."

Sensing now was a good time to quit with the criticism of the already anxious flutter, the unicorn colt fell silent as they came upon their destination. Hard Truths watched with a firm and steady gaze as Mooncake pushed the door open and went inside, following discreetly at his hooves.

Lemure seemed to notice them almost immediately. Goodness, it seemed the part-ghost filly he'd remembered had grown into an Old Enough mare since last he'd seen her. So Mooncake hadn't been the only one to exceed him in growth. This was getting somewhat perturbing. Ah, well; he would just have to learn to exercise more patience if this purple flutter stallion and his timidity didn't use it all up first.

"Hello," Truths answered the mare's greeting calmly with a single nod of his head. Did she know something...? Or was she just this happy to see customers? He doubted Lemure could have been all that excited about him, but despite Mooncake's protests, perhaps the flutter's love wasn't quite as unrequited as he seemed to believe. Suppressing a small smile at the thought, the unicorn gave the impression of browsing books on the nearest shelf. The 'unlikely underdog hero' could answer the fair maiden himself.

cursedandwandering

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:11 pm
StarieMichie

And there she was. Mooncake stood in awe of the most beautiful phony he'd ever seen and sighed dreamily. Lemure was absolutely radiant before him and- Oh, oh god was she talking to him? The flutter blushed deeply, casting a frantic glance towards Truths like some sort of SOS signal. What was he supposed to say? Was he supposed to play it cool? A guy who just blurted it out definitely wouldn't be seen as attractive. Plus he was sure guys probably approached her all the time given her ethereal beauty.

"Hi," managed to get squeaked out in response and the stallion desperately cleared his throat. "We're um..." He shot another glance towards the foal who had accompanied him in, fumbling around for words. "I- errr... I would like to..." The folklorist prayed the gods would strike him down right here and there, a much more noble death in comparison to dying of embarrassment. To be floundering about so much in front of this goddess in phony form!

"I came to tell you that I think you're..." Pretty? Amazing? Interesting? Was there even a single word that could encapsulate all her greatness? "That all the goddesses of love, beauty, and intelligence pale in comparison to you." Was that good? It sounded pretty good? Was he supposed to do something now? The purple flutter quickly made a small bow before the panic and awkwardness began to set in.

Squeezing his eyes shut, the stallion took a step back. He could already imagine her thinking him a weird fool and was quite tempted to bolt on out of there before she could say anything. Of course, there was a little red colt a shelf over and his pride preventing him from doing that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:15 am
"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Lemure let out the most eardrum piercing fangirl screech. It was definitely not the appropriate reaction. But she just couldn't stop herself. She had played it cool when she was flirting with guys in the past, but this was different. This was so perfect. It was like the moment in a series where the tension has been building for books between two characters, and then It. Finally. Happens.

And did he just say she was better than a goddess? Her little happy heart could just explode on the spot.

She tried taking a deep breath and calming down. The worst thing that could happen was that he would change his mind. Her face heated up. That really was an embarrassing reaction. How stupid could she be?

"I... I guess you could say that I kind of like you too..." she peeped out in strong contrast to her earlier outburst. "I would really love it if..." We could ride off into the sunset? Make passionate love on a beach? BE TOGETHER FOREVER?

"Can we get lunch sometime?" She was hoping that they could talk about it somewhere other than in a store and in front of Truths.

She wasn't sure what made Mooncake fess up and tell the truth about his feelings for her, but she was thankful for it. They could have both gone on forever, oblivious to the others' feelings.

Kitomyx
I think I'm done on my end? We should be able to end it with a wrap-up from each of you? Sorry I delayed it a bit.

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:02 am
What do you keep looking over here for? Truths mentally asked the nervous stallion. I'm not the one you're supposed to be confessing to. And it's not like I can help you. This is your mission. Concentrate!

Despite Mooncake's furtive glances, the foal pretended not to notice. If he absolutely had to step in to keep the flutter from melting into a puddle at Lemure's hooves, he would, but only as a very last resort. He had faith in his friend - er, frienemy. The only thing left was for him to have faith in himself.

Ah, a comparison to the goddesses. A little cheesy - or was the term 'corny'? - but for a book-loving mare like Lemure, it was probably acceptable. But that turned out to be an understatement. Hard Truths nearly jumped out of his skin at the high-pitched, haunting cry of the mare. It seemed her transparent legs weren't the only ghostly trait she'd inherited.

In his surprise, the young unicorn knocked down a row of books along a shelf domino-style, but he figured the Old Enough adults would be too occupied to notice. He made a big show of straightening them back up as he eavesdropped, keeping alert for any other unexpected reactions to come. However, Lemure seemed to get a grip on herself after that. Truths had to restrain himself from rolling his eyes at her much less enthusiastic choice of words. A little late to save face after that disarmingly emotional display, he thought.

Still, he did allow himself a small smile once his back was turned as he finished up-righting the books on the shelf. True love triumphed, just as Truth knew it would, but through honesty and Moon's being true to himself. There was no telling how Mooncake would respond, but he wasn't as worried about the purple phony anymore. He had done what had needed to be done and the unicorn was proud of him for having summoned the courage to do so.

Regarding the hypothetical wrath of the goddesses he might have incurred with his comparison...well, Truths doubted even deities wouldn't have been able to stand in the way of the couple now that their' feelings had been realized and expressed. Even if they tried, what would they have been able to do? Smite a part-ghost phony? As if that would likely even bother her. Send her lover to the Underworld? No doubt Lemure would rejoice at the mere romantic idea of a heroic venture to rescue Mooncake from the depths of the darkest pit of death. Or Tartarus. Whatever.

The vermillion colt found himself feeling a little more sentimental than usual and took this as a sign to leave, his work here done. With a subtle turn of his head and a look out the corner of his eye, he nodded at Mooncake in farewell before heading out of the bookstore. He didn't want to outstay his welcome, after all.

It was only after he left through the doors, though, that he saw a flash of light and glanced back over his shoulder to locate the source. Huh...? Was that...his cutie mark?

"Heh...what do you know..." It seemed in trying to convince Mooncake to confess his feelings, Hard Truths had discovered his own, true calling.

cursedandwandering
((Sorry, I had almost finished this post and then I lost it, so I had to retype it. XP I think this'll probably be my last post, too, unless Truths needs to respond to Moon. Feel free to wrap it up however you like, Cursed!))
StarieMichie
((Thank you both so much for your help! I really enjoyed this roleplay's story, and not just 'cause it was Truth's purpose. XD Don't worry about the delay; real life and stuff get in the way and it's completely understandable. I really love the way you summarized that last part, by the way!))

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:26 am
Kitomyx
The end <3

Peeking open an eye so he could at the very least gauge Lemure's reaction, Mooncake was greeted by a very loud squeal. What was this high pitched sound? The flutter was somewhat dazed. This beautiful noise. Did she sing too? It seemed she only had more and more talents for him to discover.

Ah. The radiant maiden was speaking. The stallion's ears swiveled and he bit his lip as he listened. Kind of? Well, that certainly was better than a rejection. With a glance towards the foal by the shelves the adult nodded.

"I would love to get lunch with you," the adult smiled at Lemure, unaware that his young friend had left.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
My Little Phony

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers