Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[PRP] Forever Foal Friends (Truths, Acid, Paper, & Moon) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
It was a another lovely day in Phonyland. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and Truths seemed to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed, as usual. Actually, he must have hit his head, too, and against something particularly hard, because he couldn't understand what had possessed him to conceive and go through with the situation he was currently in: waiting for his foal friends at the theme park. Well, at least one of them considered him his friend.

Truths had actually considered inviting Taters from class and perhaps even Jasmine Tea, but three young colts running around an amusement park together was already going to be rambunctious enough without adding a couple fillies. Besides...Truths wasn't sure he wanted the girls to see them participate in such an uncouth and boisterous activity as finding entertainment in this place, in this way. He wasn't usually such a social phony and he didn't want them to get the wrong idea. He'd only wanted to explore the park and Truths wasn't about to be caught dead at one alone.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.As for the others...well. Both the flutter brothers had made clear each in their own ways that they found Truths' behavior and words to be offensive - if not to them, than to others he spoke to in front of them. The unicorn found this interesting because, though he was not prone to changing his ways just like that, no one else who disliked his attitude had bothered to try asking him about or getting him to change it like Mooncake and then Paper Lantern had.

Though he would never say as much, he took that as a sign of caring or concern on their part; a hope that he would change and become what they considered a better phony. Pointless though he thought their concern and hope for change were, those things meant something to him (though of course, he would never admit any of that, either).

Acid Beat was another matter entirely. Truths still wasn't entirely sure what to think of him. He must have been either hallucinatory or extremely observant. Perhaps both. He still made Hard Truths feel a little uncomfortable with how accepting he was of how the unicorn treated him and others, but at least the flutter brothers could get along with him. Perhaps the fact that Acid - an all-around friendly foal in general - had been invited was the only reason they had even agreed to come.

And so, wondering how many would even bother to show up and who would change their minds last minute, Hard Truths stood at the entrance to the park, grumbling inwardly as tried to ignore the softly wafting scent of buttered popcorn coming from a nearby food stand.

cursedandwandering
Astraea Pandora
The Semblance of Unity
(( I hope this okay. x_x Let me know if I need to change anything. I just realized...purple, red, blue, and green are pretty symbolic colors to me, hehe.

EDIT: Unity mentioned posting order. I concur! How about we go by whatever order we post in first?

EDIT EDIT: Sorry, I'll stop editing this/requoting you guys, but I just don't want to make any new posts until it's my turn. ^_^; But it seems it's been decided! We're going in the order that the icons above happen to be in, so that's Unity, Astra, Cursed, and then me.

Since we have a set order and this isn't like the classroom ORP, if you guys would be so kind as to quote the person whose turn it is after you, I think things will be able to run a lot more smoothly. Thanks again all of you for playing! heart

P.S. I'm so glad you like them, Astra! You saw Morning Glory's too, right?))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Acid Beat fair shivered in excitement! An amusement park-- he had never been to one, but it was bound to be interesting. That morning, he had bounded out of bed and rushed through his breakfast. (He had taken Truth's admonishments to heart and slept quite soundly the night before). Today was a big day, regardless. Truths, the flutter kids (Paper and uh... Cake? Acid had a hard time remembering that little phony's name), and he were all set to hang out. He headed out the door with a whistle pursing his lips.

He strolled up to the entrance, short, coltish legs ruining the image he was trying to project - of a cool guy on the look out for fun. It was true, Acid Beat's rather hyperactive nature was present in full force. "Hi, Truths! Are we the first ones here?" Acid held up a hoof to be bumped. "I never though I'd see you at a theme park, bother. What do you want to do first?"

Acid shifted his weight from hoof to hoof and debated if he could pull off some silly prank within the amusement park's walls.

Kitomyx
should we have a set post order so we don't get mixed up?

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:25 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. For once it was Paper Lantern who was shoving his brother out of the door to an outing. He himself had been excited that Hard Truths showed such kindness at offering tickets and had accepted them instantly, much to Mooncake's chagrin.

"Let's go Mooncake! We're going to be late and they'll think we're not coming.."

He fastened a single, tiny pouch to his front, right leg and it jingled slightly with the bits their mother had given to him to spend as they pleased at the park. Tapping his tiny hoof, he watched a Mooncake dithered eating a small breakfast and fastening his own money pouch to his leg. His brother was a little suspicious about the vermilion phony's sudden generosity and had declared he was only going to keep Paper from being picked on.

"I can't wait for today! An amusement park how fun! Which one was Acid Beat again...? What is that tan pegasus with the red and purple mane?"

((PS the little colt busts are so ADORABLE!!!))

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:05 pm
Kitomyx

"Green," Mooncake mumbled around a small biscuit. "I think you're talking about... Taters?" His nose crinkled, unsure.

The purple colt was less than enthused about today's venture. Why anyone would willingly choose to hang out with Hard Truths he could not understand, amusement park or not. While the red colt did have some interesting opinions, it was inevitable that Mooncake would have to put up with the uni insulting himself and every other phony with a five mile radius in the name of "honesty."

The little flutter scoffed as his brother practically dragged him out of the house in his excitement. Sure, an amusement park was certainly an exciting prospect, but Mooncake couldn't help but be a little nervous too. What if the rides made him sick or if he or Paper got lost?

During the trip over and upon their arrival, the ginger flutter stayed slightly behind his brother, content with letting him handle the initial conversing. He wasn't nearly so anxious to get on rides and was much more concerned with making sure his brother came back the same way he arrived.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:03 pm
"Acid," Truths called in acknowledgement, mildly surprised to see the green colt first. "Managed not to sleep in today?" The corners of his mouth turned up a little in spite of himself. If the flutter boys had gotten there before Acid, he imagined things would have been a little awkward between them. It was good to see the cheerful, curly-maned foal.

"Yes, we're the first ones," he replied, looking into the park just beyond the entrance. Taking a ticket from a small saddle bag (the one that served as his backpack on school days), he blinked at the hoof held out to him before placing the ticket in it. "Mmm...trust me, it's not first on my list of how to spend my day, but I thought it was worth exploring. Just...not on my own."

He looked to the blue-eyed colt with a perfectly serious expression. "At least it might be worth it if I'm spending it with my 'brother', though. And perhaps the other pair of brothers might be able to enjoy each other's company as well. Even if I'm not particularly fond of places like these, there's the chance that the rest of you might like it."

He still remembered the time when they'd first met. Mooncake had seemed legitimately upset about Paper Lantern and despite what he might have said or expressed, Hard Truths had felt badly about inadvertently pushing them apart somewhat. He secretly hoped this would be a chance for him to make it up to them. His only concern was that the bookworm, much like himself, might have preferred to spend the day doing something else.

Oh well. If he really loved his brother as much as he had first expressed, he'd likely go along with the plans anyway. "It's still weird getting used to you calling me that," the unicorn admitted to his own, new brother with a crooked smirk. "As for your question...well, I thought we could see what rides you might want to ride. After that, we could get some food. Lunch, drinks, snacks, junk food...cotton candy and popcorn I hear are especially popular at theme parks. What do you think? Sound good?"

He watched Acid's shifting hooves with a mix of mild amusement and anxiety. Maybe sugar wasn't a good idea after all. "I thought it'd be best if we planned for food after rides...you know, in case one of you feels sick."

Ear swerving, he turned his head at the sound of faint jingling. Evidently it was coming from a pair of small pouches fastened around the dainty hooves of each flutter colt. "There you are! So glad you could make it," he greeted, pulling out the remaining two tickets to offer each foal. Acid's enthusiasm must have been catching. For some reason he couldn't explain, though he'd been expecting at least one phony not to show up, it pleased him indefinitely to know that they had all chosen to come.

"I was just telling Acid here that it's better if we take a look at the rides first and eat later," Truths said, showing his ticket and saddle bag to the adult at the entrance. "If you want, I can get you something to eat while you stand in line for one."

The Semblance of Unity
(( Guys, you have no idea how awesome it feels to have you all in on this rp. XD Especially with the two sets of brothers acting as they are. LOL 'In the name of honesty'...))

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:07 pm
He ignored the sleeping in comment, and Acid Beat whinnied softly in greeting to the two flutters. He was ready to goooooooo. The day wasn't getting any younger! The amusement park was full of colors and sounds, which were his two favoriter things, as any observant phony would know. He was a little sad, however, that there were no fillies along for this trip. How nice it would be to ride in a ferris wheel with a girl. Or he supposed it would be nice.

"Papercake," he said, running their names together as if they were one phony. Close enough, he thought. Brothers. Hardbeat. Acid truths. The chuckle that popped out quickly turned to a cough as Acids skillfully choked on his own saliva. "I votes for either rides or games! I hear they have the biggest, tallest roller coaster!" He bounced a little, wide awake and oddly focused.

"Let's go!" With that, he began edging towards the entrance. It was a... less-than-stealthy movement.

Astraea Pandora
finally orz derp derp

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:21 pm
Paper exchanged hellos with Acid and Truths. Oh right, Acid was that one who got yelled at during school not long ago, he remembered now. He considered joking with the green colt if he was awake enough to ride the rides but decided against it because it'd be mean.

"That sounds good..to see what there is to ride and play and eat later.." Paper wasn't hungry anyway, he gave the adult at the gate his ticket. "But what's a roller coaster...?"

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:18 pm
Kitomyx

Mooncake silently followed along with the group, the only real audible presence he held coming from the jingle jangle of the pouch wrapped around one of his dainty legs. He didn't really care in what order things happened, but was more interested in the stories behind any character based rides. The only ride he was really interested in was going into the haunted house. The little flutter colt wasn't so sure about how he would handle the jump scares, but he was interested in seeing their renditions of various monsters. Plus if Truths got the magic scared out of him that might be funny too, although the flutter doubted that would happen. It seemed much more likely that the colt would scoff and remark on how unrealistic the animatronics were then take a fright to anything. How boring.

He cleared his throat at his brother's question, waving a hoof to gesture in an up and down motion. "Like a train, almost..."

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:35 am
As each of them had their tickets inspected and were subsequently granted access to the park, Hard Truths listened to the talk of rides and the specific mention of rollar coasters.

"Yes...a train..." the unicorn repeated, unable to hide a smirk. In his opinion, a train was as much like a roller coaster as a stream was like a waterfall. Still, it seemed like it would have been better for the flutters to experience it for themselves. "Why don't you all head for that one first, then? Perhaps you can start at a smaller one and work your way to the biggest and tallest that Acid spoke of?" He doubted even the knowledgeable Mooncake would have been able to compare what he'd read of roller coasters in a book with the experience of actually riding one; especially with friends.

Not that he was any more experienced, but they didn't really think he planned on going on one, did they? The almost-constant screaming that followed in each coaster's wake was enough to make the young unicorn's decision for him. "I'm sure they can't be too hard to find; they're some of the largest structures in the park." He nodded toward the snack stand that had been blooming popcorn nearby. "I can get something for us to snack on in the meantime."

The Semblance of Unity
((Sorry I took so long, guys. XP))

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:06 pm
"Imagine a train the flies and goes rather.... rather fast. That's like a roller coaster! The best part is screaming, I would think." He passed his ticket to the gate attendant quickly, snagging a park map as he went. Several roller coasters, a haunted house, some oddly themed games.... huh, there was even a mythological-themed shooting game. His mane stiffened in excitment and yet another errant curl flipped into his eyes. He really needed to shave the whole thing off.

At Hard Truth's statement, Acid's head whipped around in an almost comical manner. His blue eyes narrowed at Truths. "Oh no you don't! You're coming with us!" He nudged Truths playfully. "It's not as fun if we all don't go! Besides, well, I'm not sure about Paper and Cakery, but I'm not terribly hungry."

He flipped the map closed and tucked it into his bag. "There are some things I vote that we all go to: the biiiiiggest roller coaster, the games, and um... I'm not sure. Any thought? And no sneaking off, ok brother?" He stuck his tongue out at Truths, Today, Acid was in an extremely playful mood.

Astraea Pandora

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:32 am
"Oh Oh Oh! The roller coaster! The roller coaster!" Paper still couldn't exactly imagine this very fast train thing that the others had strained to describe but Acid seemed super excited by it. "Yes yes, Truth you have to come too.." the flutter nodded. "It'll be fun right? Mooncake and I will sit together and Truths and Acid can sit behind us!"

Paper gave his brother a big smile. "You'll sit with me right bro..?" He tugged on his brother's leg in the direction of the attraction. "Let's go! Acid grab Truths so he can't get away!" he poked his tongue out playfully at the unicorn colt. Acid's mood was infectious.

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:29 pm
Kitomyx

Mooncake nodded along as the other foals spoke, not really paying much attention. Roller coasters didn't sound all that exciting to him. From what he'd heard the best part of riding them was the feeling that you were flying. But, given he was a flutter he was already very familiar with that experience.

It wasn't until he noticed Truths trying to wander off and get out of it that he decided to rejoin the conversation. "Is the big bad Hart Truths scared?" He snorted and raised an eyebrow, amused that the unicorn seemed to be "wimping out."

His eyes turned to Paper as his brother spoke. "How could i say no to you?" He chuckled and leaned close to the other flutter to whisper in his ear. "You don't expect me to sit next to him, right?" He nodded Truths' way as nonchalantly as he could manage before gazing around at the surrounding colorful attractions.

"We can't just go on roller coasters all day..." the colt mumbled.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:49 pm
At Acid's firm decision and playful nudge, the unicorn's eyes went wide and he froze in his tracks. "O-of course it would be! You'd hardly notice the difference without me," he insisted, fighting the urge to go back the way he'd come. They'd only just entered the park, after all, and what would that say to the others?

He forced himself to stay put, willing his hooves to grow roots so he could neither run away nor be made to ride any coaster, let alone the biggest one. The frequent screams emitted by passing coaster cars continued to ring in his ears, reminding him of the terror that awaited them on such a ride. In having come to a theme park with the other colts, he was already pushing his limits, but for the others to see his reaction to a first roller coaster ride was not something he thought he could live down. Especially because he already had a pretty good idea how it would go.

"Sneak off? Why would I do a thing like that?" he asked the playful green foal, lifting a hoof to shove his face away. Silently, though, he began to contemplate doing just that. At least until they finished with the coaster or decided not to go on it.

Paper wasn't helping. He seemed just as eager to ride as Truths wasn't. "Oh, yes...so fun," he grumbled, glancing to Mooncake. The purple flutter was his last hope. If Mooncake refused to go, then at least he'd have a chance to stay behind with him. But the bond of brotherhood proved to be too strong and Truths was thrust into inner despair. His racing mind was further panicked by Paper's suggestion to Acid to grab him.

"If you two don't learn how to keep those tongues of yours in your mouths where they belong, I'll personally see to it that you both wish they'd never seen the light of day." He had underestimated the power of excitement that a theme park could cause. This was getting out of control; frightening, even. He just couldn't let the others know he thought so. Unfortunately, though, it seemed like that was exactly what Mooncake intended to point out.

"Excuse me?!" he cried, his voice rising in pitch and volume along with his temper. "I merely volunteered to get some snacks. How could you possibly jump to that conclusion from what I had said? And here I thought you were supposed to be smart!" Oh, but he was. Too smart, in fact. That was what concerned Truths.

"Pancake's right; we can't just ride coasters all day. If you want to go on one, go pick a line and stand in it. I simply thought I could proxy for you three in a line for food while you enjoyed a line for a ride. What do I get in return? Not gratitude, but ridicule!"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:36 am
Acid stared at Truths. Had the other colt gone crazy? "W-whoa, calm down, Truths." He edged closer to Truths, angling his head away from the others. "What's wrong, brother?" he whispered. "W can do a medium-sized one if you ant or do something else and go later....?" His blue eyes stared questioningly at Truths. Acid didn't want to drag Truths anywhere he would absolutely hate.

While waiting for Truths' response, the green phony looked over at Paper and Moon, smiling widely. "Or we could go see the haunted house first, then do a coaster?" At this point Acid just wanted everyone to move more quickly. "Buuuuttttt," he said, stretching the word out comically, "We should definitely hustle! I don't want the day to get away from us!"

Astraea Pandora

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:57 pm
Paper inwardly sighed. He hated when Mooncake and Truth's butted heads, but neither colt could resist poking at the other. He still harbored the theory that his brother and the blunt unicorn were desperately in love with each other, but knew to keep that kinda theory to himself.

"Oo..Ok! Uhm that sounds good too!" He nodded. "The Haunted House or maybe uhm...the chair swing carousel!" He pointed to the ride where swings swirled around swiftly. "Since Truth's got us these tickets, maybe he should choose..?"

cursedandwandering

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces