Welcome to Gaia! ::

In The Beginning... (A Roleplaying Guild)

Back to Guilds

A community for roleplayers and a vast variety of stories. 

Tags: roleplaying, rping, action, romance, literate 

Reply In The Beginning... (A Roleplaying Guild)
Introduce Yourself!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:36 pm
XSenkoX
✗✗
Hot holy damn, you got all my peeps up in here, don't you?

Sup, everyone, I'm XSenkoX but no one actually calls me that. "Sen" is the most common variation, but as long as you make it obvious that you're talking to me, I'll reply to just about anything. I've been on Gaia for about nine years and RPing at various stages of embarrassment throughout. Currently I'm in four RPs that are moving right along, but I was just whining to myself about how I wanted something more. You have good timing.

I'm a full-time student (super-senior, maaan), majoring in Creative Writing with a potential minor in Medieval and Renaissance Studies, which I picked because the acronym is MARS. Legit. Unlike Kali up there, I don't really have anything to show for all my 'I want to be a writer'-ness, but hell, I've got time. Or homelessness.

I'm on Gaia more than is probably healthy, but it means that I at least spend a lot of time in OOCs generally being a nuisance and trying to get people to plot with me. Brace yourselves.

I tend to write in a rather stream-of-consciousness style, especially when I'm out of character, so this choppy sentence thing you see here isn't just because I suck at introducing myself: it's who I am. I apologise profusely for that in advance.

As a heads up, I am the kind of person that doesn't see anything wrong with swearing. I do it a lot and it doesn't always occur to me that people might get offended. I do try to keep away from some of the really touchy ones, but the f-bomb is a personal favourite of mine and I use it liberally. My characters, typically, aren't afraid of swearing either, but I will reign it in depending on each particular one's feelings. I figured it would be prudent to point that out before I dropped a bomb in someone's thread and everyone was shocked and appalled. I suppose that if you were recruiting me based on my Taichi posts, though, you should have had an idea getting into this.

Speaking on dropping bombs in threads, I usually RP fantasy worlds, but dammit if I won't do just about everything. Hit me up and see if I'm interested, baby.

I'm in Indiana, so that means with my sporadic hours of operation, I will usually catch each of you online at least once a day, but I'm also not unfamiliar with my RP partners being in Denmark or Hawaii and having to try really hard to be on at the same time.

Fridays are also Magic: The Gathering night, so I'm literally writing this instead of fixing my deck for the tournament tonight. Ahahaha... haha... haaa...

EDIT: HO s**t, KOYA, I THOUGHT THAT WAS YOU. I PROMISE I WON'T SUCK SO HARD THIS TIME AROUND.
✗✗

Mwhaha. Yes I do. Lol.
I tend to swear in posts often once the roleplay gets going so I'm with you on that boat.

As for locations wise. I live in Alaska... I'd much rather live in Hawaii. xD

A FELLOW MAGIC PLAYER?! You've instantly become my friend. Haha.
Good luck on your tournament! I got stuck at work so I didn't go tonight. My boyfriend might have went with his brother but I'm not sure. Haha.

Welcome to the guild! =]  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:40 pm
A_Quiet_Kitsune
Hey everyone, I'm kitsune, though people usually call me kit or red or by my name, Tayler, Which ever you prefer is great C:

I came upon roleplaying when I was 8, I think, and I have been roleplaying since. Um, I am very self conscious about my roleplay meaning the text and how it's worded so, just a little thing you should know. If I go back and fix it five times, that's why, but I'm getting better at controlling that C: haha, um, I either can do advance roleplaying, to semi-lit to lazy-lit, but I don't do one line roleplays, I have to do a paragraph, preferably two or more. I don't judge people based on how they roleplay, but I will correct you if your post doesn't make sense with the plot or what is going on in that certain situation.

I am currently in high school, I take ap classes and honors, I am also in creative writing and journalism, I play basketball, volleyball, and softball. So I am very athletic, I am on gaia a lot, which probably isn't good for an athlete like me, haha, but I do it anyways, I am currently having family issues, so my posts lately haven't been getting done, I have backed out of 4 roleplays I was in about 5 I think, um I can manage a heavy load, but a lot of stuff had come up so, I hadn't made my posts so I was either kicked out, or I said I couldn't do it anymore, but my family issues have currently gone away and I'm trying to get back into the spirit of roleplaying! C:

When I roleplay, I usually do fantasy rmance action adventure time roleplays, I don't really do much modern ones, such as arranged marriages or school roleplays though it' doesn't hurt to try something new once in a while. My characters are either really shy or really outgoing, there's no in between with them, um they usually come from a bad family background, though I guess depends on the roleplay. And thankyou for inviting me I am looking forward to everything you have in store! C:

Don't worry, I was in your same boat in high school. I was only the swim team but did a lot of stuff outdoors and was ALWAYS on gaia. Haha.

By the way, in regards to your family troubles, I've been there. If you ever wish to talk to someone about it, I'm here. I've been through my fair share of family issues and all of them wore me down. So I'm hear if you want to talk to a stranger. =]

And welcome to the guild! Glad you joined! =D  

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:43 pm
Victorian Clockwork
Greetings. As you can probably tell, I am Victorian Clockwork, however I am mostly known as Haku, due to many of my roleplaying associates from the past. I am known as Sugar Dhaku (a name with a history to it) to a few as well. I'll respond to all of them, though. I come to you from distant shores, from a far away kingdom of rolling green hills and polished glass and grey curtains. I was invited here by the captain because she saw some of my posts in a roleplay that I was participating in.

I mostly roleplay fantasy as I am an escapist at heart. I usually stay away from science fiction unless I can believe the world that I am roleplaying in could exist. Modern settings usually bore me unless they have some kind of fantastical element in them. But I am up to giving anything a try at least once.

I'm fairly literate and I usually don't break from that level of literacy except for some stylistic and syntactical tics that I have. I usually expect the same out of the people I am roleplaying with. However, I will usually let that go if they can write well enough.

I absolutely love villain characters, even the cheesy ones. That's what I write best.

Hopefully we can make something here.

Finally, someone who loves villain characters. Haha. We never seem to have enough.

Thank you for joining!
=]  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:45 pm
Icy Euphoria
Hi, I'm Icy~
Everything you need to know about me personally is on my profile!

As for my roleplaying? -clears throat-

I've been roleplaying for nearly nine years now and have found that I particularly love dark, dramatic roleplays with or without a fantasy twist. I generally type a meaty 3-6 paragraphs per post, though I can definitely do more if I'm particularly inspired by something! Preferred picture type? I can do real or anime, doesn't matter which to me.

That's about all you need to know about me ^-^ I'm looking forward to roleplaying with you all!

And we look forward to roleplaying with you.
I'm getting excited. So many new people! ^.^  

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Weesey
Captain

Mythical Lunatic

14,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:49 pm
Veil of Rain

Greetings, Veil is fine. I appreciate the invite.

I used to be on Gaia a lot but left due to lack of decent RPs.
I have spent several years doing 1x1 and learning to control up to 8 main characters at once, creating and progressing the story for one person to enjoy as though it is a game or something.
I came back because I missed group RPs, I found 2 good looking RPs.1 is active and the other I did one post then everyone else vanished. But I am helping take charge in the current RP.
I RP on the MMO Tera and work or am in college so my days usually start in the evening. I don't join too many RPs to avoid too much work, but I think I can find something good in here to make up for the RP that never happened.

Oh, I am a bit of a post Nazi, but I try to be passive about it. I'm not really that harsh and just point things out. I'm trying to get a beauty in my posts I used to have as they became rather straight forward as of late. My motto is: "Give me two minutes and I'll be over it."

Nice to meet you all.

I know exactly what you mean about controlling 8 characters, I did that for a 1x1 that I had last 2 years.

Welcome to the guild. =]  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 pm
Weesey
Ararelia
Hi all! ^_^

My name's Ararelia but feel free to call me Ara or anything else you can come up with. I've only been roleplaying here for about...2? 3? years now but I've been writing short stories for as long as I can remember. I'm currently still in college and working part time so my schedule's a bit wonky but I will try to post as often as I can. Fantasy and horror are my favourite genres but I'm usually up for anything really.

Finally, I've never joined a guild before so if you guys have any tips or tricks or any piece of advice please send them my way! I'm really excited to be here and I know I'm going to have a lot of fun with you guys :]

Never joined a guild before. =O
Well the only thing I can give you as advice, always check the guild to see if you have replies. Sometimes notifications don't go through. That's why I strongly suggest you quote the person that you are directing your post towards. It makes everything SO much easier. =]

Ah I see. Thank you! I'll be sure to do so 3nodding  

sunriseparilla

der Haku
Crew

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:20 pm
Weesey
Victorian Clockwork
Greetings. As you can probably tell, I am Victorian Clockwork, however I am mostly known as Haku, due to many of my roleplaying associates from the past. I am known as Sugar Dhaku (a name with a history to it) to a few as well. I'll respond to all of them, though. I come to you from distant shores, from a far away kingdom of rolling green hills and polished glass and grey curtains. I was invited here by the captain because she saw some of my posts in a roleplay that I was participating in.

I mostly roleplay fantasy as I am an escapist at heart. I usually stay away from science fiction unless I can believe the world that I am roleplaying in could exist. Modern settings usually bore me unless they have some kind of fantastical element in them. But I am up to giving anything a try at least once.

I'm fairly literate and I usually don't break from that level of literacy except for some stylistic and syntactical tics that I have. I usually expect the same out of the people I am roleplaying with. However, I will usually let that go if they can write well enough.

I absolutely love villain characters, even the cheesy ones. That's what I write best.

Finally, someone who loves villain characters. Haha. We never seem to have enough.

Thank you for joining!
=]

Gern geschehen. And yes, I write almost exclusively as villains and anti-heroes. You'll hardly ever see me writing a positively-aligned character unless there is need for one.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:59 pm
Weesey
Victorian Clockwork

Thank you for joining!
=]

I love villains, and traitors are awesome! Vic you and I should put together some dastardly duos. (Not really, just fun banter)
ADD::
Anti-heroes are also damned fantastic.

Veil of Rain

Oathkeeper_Hikaru

Thieving Genius

14,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:11 pm
TheOverCalculator

Veil of Rain

HI FRIENDS. <3

Um, where do I start?
I'm Oathkeeper_Hikaru, Oath for short.

I've been an avid fantasy writer for quite some time, writing a variety of personal stories on the side.

I joined Gaia for the sole reason of roleplaying back in 2004 (so that's 9 years already, yikes...) and have been a big RP writer ever since. I've ran 9 roleplays of various genres, almost twice that in 1x1's, and played over 30+ characters in my time spent in Barton Town, most of them male characters. (Rarely villians though; I just don't pull off the whole evil thing. :/) I enjoy playing the characters that stand out the most personality-wise. This niche sprang out of my distaste for generic characters when I was first starting out. People of Malefica will know of Nicolas -- that's exactly what I like to aim for. I like to think myself a jack of all roleplaying trades. I can play old/young, male/female, any race, any era, you name it. I'm just super picky about the genres I'll do... Though, keep in mind: I'm a bit of a Grammar Nazi. I'm slightly OCD when people misspell a lot or have really screwy sentence structures that are impossible to understand. College has trained me to hate it.

I was on a year and a half hiatus not that long ago because I was fed up with my roleplays dying simply because people would leave and never come back... But I decided to return once more and start up an old roleplay I was in waaaay back (my Malefica, again) and give roleplaying one last hurrah. And if it would fail, I'd stop roleplaying for good. End of story.

Right now, I'm a senior in college, ready to finish up the final year and get my fancy-shmancy degree. My full title will be a Bachelor of Science in Graphic Communications with an emphasis in Digital Design and Production with a minor in Fine Arts. I s**t you not; it's a mouthful. In my spare time from school, I'm a video game nerd with a collection of almost 310 items, spanning from old consoles like NES to the new with Wii and 3DS. I practically live for video gaming facts and love analyzing mechanics/graphics/storylines. Not to mention, actually playing them!

...I've said too much. .__. Shutting up now...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:11 pm
Hi.
Hika/Hikaru for those shy and preferring internet names. RL name is Nina. I don't mind being called either. Got the invite, figured why not.
Apparently you found my counter part, Victorian Clockwork (ie Haku). we're good friends yes and our characters tend to be in league against one another more times than not but have tremendous fun nonetheless.

I play an array of characters with an array of genres as well as posting styles. I've done the short lived poetry style with a lot of posting style editing done to simple walk in bar roleplay. I guess I'm literate, although I've been AFK from the world for awhile now - but apparently I still have a fair knack for it. Just give me something juicy and I'll return the favor with excellent spices and wine to go with it.

Anything else you know, please feel free to inquire.  

Hikaru Akumu

Miteux

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:16 pm
Hey! My name's Jessica, but please call me Jess. (Or Miteux or Mite. Whatever floats your boat.) I'm 18 years old (Born on December 19th) and I just started college, so my schedule might be a little funky for a while. I love to write and RP, it's an escape from reality and it helps me improve my skills as a writer. I'm good at RPing males and females, but I tend to go for males more. I also tend to play villains or characters with some sort of darker aspect to their personality or background. I haaaaate playing the goody goody type of character. It's just too... Fluffy for me. I've never really been in a guild RP thing before, but the captain saw a band-based RP I was in and said I had what it took, so I figured, why not?

Some facts about me: In real life, I'm studying to get my degree in English and get teaching credentials so I an become a high school teacher. I tend to get really attached to fictional characters and I spend a lot of my time with my nose pressed into a book or watching TV shows on Netflix. I have a twin brother and I'm looking for a job, so my schedule isn't finalized just yet. I also REALLY love music. It's one of my passions in life and I could spend hours talking about it. I get weird sometimes and I tend to have a bit of a temper when I get offended, but I'm not easily offended, so at least that's good. I've been on Gaia for... At least four years now, maybe five. I've been RPing for almost the entire time. I'm currently in one group RP and two 1 x 1 RPs. I'm also trying to get a supernatural academy-based RP off the ground.

I love to do fantasy RPs and anything that has to do with darker or heavier themes. I also love to do fandom-based RPs. As I mentioned earlier, I like to play males a lot. I don't know why, I just like to RP as guys. Females tend to be harder for me to write, mainly because I don't really like the way that people perceive girls.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! c:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Hello, thank you so much for the invite! c:

I'm Insy (short for Insayhem). I'm twenty years old and a native of Texas. I've been roleplaying since I was about fifteen or sixteen, I don't really remember. I mostly do group roleplays, but I've recently taken up 1x1's to give them a shot. My favorite genre is post-apocalyptic, as well as anything dark themed. c: I'm not very fond of fandom roleplays, I must be honest. Mostly, because either I don't know the fandom all that well and find it odd roleplaying as a character that's not my own. I like to think I'm literate in the sense that my spelling is proper and I know how to punctuate my sentences. Though, I usually only pump out about 3-4 paragraphs.

I'm currently a college student, majoring in Psychology. Though, I'm reconsidering switching majors, yet again, since I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I write for fun as well as create characters. I used to write fanfiction when I was younger, though now I mostly stick to writing my own fiction. (: I have a strong love for professional wrestling and often dream of being a wrestler. I have way too much time on my hands, due to not being able to attend college for the semester, so I'm on mostly all the time. I look forward to roleplaying with you all. Thanks again for the invite. c:

Insayhem

Shy Vampire

Veil of Rain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:34 pm
Oathkeeper_Hikaru

TheOverCalculator

Hello you both. Glad to see you here as well. Oath I didn't know you were a big gamer. I remember the commodore 64, but alas most of my stuff was stolen when I moved... the one box they took... so much retro. But I still got the modern stuff, though couch co-op has suffered.

Anyway, good to see familiar faces. Excited to learn new ones.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:41 pm
Veil of Rain

Yeeeeeah, buddy~ = u= Video games are my guilty pleasure.

I specialize mostly in the main retro consoles (minus the SNES. Still haven't found a nice one to claim as my baby.) As much as I like some PS3/Xbox 360 games, I'm just too conflicted as to which console I want to commit to it.

Oathkeeper_Hikaru

Thieving Genius

14,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Megathread 100

Amanokaze

Vicious Hunter

4,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:01 pm
Hello everyone and anyone. 3nodding

You can call me Amanokaze or just sweet and simple Ama.

What to say about me... Well I'm an avid reader and writer of fiction in general. Paranormal, Supernatural, Fantasy, and the other assorted genres. If it was fiction, I'd be interested. I have been roleplaying on forums for about 2 years now? I roleplayed with a single group on AIM for two years before my heavy forum RPing, though. However, I have been writing independently via fanfiction for almost ten years, basically since I was a kid. XD

My favorite roleplays are fantasy. I am very happy to try out anything if I have a plot to play with! I will admit freely that I am also a yaoi roleplayer. I enjoy original ideas vs fandom but if I am comfortable with the fandom then I won't hesitate to join. I have never been lucky with 1x1 RPs because my partners will disappear. crying I am willing to try them again however. I do write long posts because I like detail. I find it hard to do short posts actually.

Um, I suppose if anyone has any questions, and I feel comfortable answering them, then please feel free. I look forward to RPing with everyone! Thank you so much for inviting me!

And because I'm a nerd too.

I ninja away! ninja heart heart heart  
In The Beginning... (A Roleplaying Guild)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games