ORP - Phonyland Elementary - Open! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:53 pm
The school house has finally been built. Harkening back to a very old time, the school is one large classroom with enough desks to seat 25, but you could squeeze in more if you needed too. On the right, the bookshelves that lined up under the the windows were stuffed full of books from the lowest to the most complex reading levels. On the left, tiny cubby holes where students could store their saddlebags and lunches. In the back, the wall was mostly bare cept for some hoof paintings, notes, and pictures from students who'd grow up and discovered their cutie marks, with plenty of room for more. Up front was the best part, a chalk board that was almost as long and tall as the wall was and in front of the board in the center, a beautiful new desk for the teacher. Morning Glory took a long moment to savor the newness of it all. It was all fresh, untouched, clean, and sparkling. It would never be this way ever again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before class starts, please leave a small post with what babby and element you or the group of you are wanting to learn. (it's ok if everyone's is different if you can make it work out). Write a small one sentence summery of your lesson scene. (IE: Phony A caught Phony B cheating off their paper)

Feel free to RP with each other as long as you need to progress your scene, but when you require Glory's attention, quote me directly and add "Miss Glory" "Teacher" etc and state your problem/question. Glory will come and help asap.

Remember this is a classroom ORP and it might take Glory a moment to get to you or she might dash away to help someone else while your babby gets his/her question ready. (Read: If you take a couple days between posts, She'll be helping others while I wait)

When your particular lesson is finished, it'll be posted in a quote and that babby is free to go home for the day or stick around to help others through their lessons if they choose. Late comers are welcome.

Sorry to have so many guidelines down, but I want everyone to be able to get their lessons while interacting with a lot of babbys and just letting me run Glory a little further off her rocker! Please enjoy yourselves!

Students:

Po-Tay-Toes - Generosity /w Acid Beat - Honesty

Scaramouche Fandango

A scenario that might work out pretty well is that she catches somephony peeking off of her work and gets mad. They learn honesty, but then OH NO, they've forgotten their lunch! Taters has extra, and normally would be willing to share without a second thought, but this is the big dumb jerk who cheated off of her! In the end, she shares anyways because that's the right thing to do. (Sorry it's more than one sentence, but I figure it works for whoever might want to step into that honesty role.)

Hard Truths - Anything (w/ pref for Kindness & Generosity)

Kitomyx

Hard Truths will be attending. I'm not really sure what elements I'm looking to get for him here, but I know he may be able to help others with Loyalty in the case that something happens and the children take sides. Maybe he might be the bully they stand up against, heh.

On the other hand, it'd be nice to get Generosity and/or Kindness done for him here. He would likely help out another student in Morning Glory's place if they need help with something and/or be generous with lunch or school supplies. I'm mostly curious to see how things play out, especially since the only girl he's encountered so far is Shrill X and he's more-likely to be nice to girls than boys.

Friend-Ship & Haute Couture - Anything

Kitty Sprightt
Fab and Shipper are in! Both my boys need to learn pretty much everything, so I am down to become a part of any plot. Fab is loud, fussy, and opinionated, but doesn't have a lot of patience for most school subjects! He might get down to some light bullying or academic dishonesty before he knows any better. Shipper is just about the opposite, really quiet and shy - perfect for anyone who needs to learn the kindness of inclusion.

Background Babbies:

(Bounce your plot ideas off of and add to the chaos with these characters)

Pale Moonlight
Paper Lantern
Mooncake
Warp Nine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:16 pm
I'd love to do generosity with babby Po-TAY-Toes!
A scenario that might work out pretty well is that she catches somephony peeking off of her work and gets mad. They learn honesty, but then OH NO, they've forgotten their lunch! Taters has extra, and normally would be willing to share without a second thought, but this is the big dumb jerk who cheated off of her! In the end, she shares anyways because that's the right thing to do. (Sorry it's more than one sentence, but I figure it works for whoever might want to step into that honesty role.)

Also, Warp Nine and Pale Moonlight will be attending class. They aren't RPing for elements, but they can add to the size/noise factor if needed!  

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:35 pm
This is awesome, Astraea! Thanks a lot for doing this!

Hard Truths will be attending. I'm not really sure what elements I'm looking to get for him here, but I know he may be able to help others with Loyalty in the case that something happens and the children take sides. Maybe he might be the bully they stand up against, heh.

On the other hand, it'd be nice to get Generosity and/or Kindness done for him here. He would likely help out another student in Morning Glory's place if they need help with something and/or be generous with lunch or school supplies. I'm mostly curious to see how things play out, especially since the only girl he's encountered so far is Shrill X and he's more-likely to be nice to girls than boys.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:40 pm
Mooncake will attend for meeting phonies and nothing elseeeeeee  

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:51 pm
Fab and Shipper are in! Both my boys need to learn pretty much everything, so I am down to become a part of any plot. Fab is loud, fussy, and opinionated, but doesn't have a lot of patience for most school subjects! He might get down to some light bullying or academic dishonesty before he knows any better. Shipper is just about the opposite, really quiet and shy - perfect for anyone who needs to learn the kindness of inclusion.

Scara, I think I could do that with Fab here. He prrrobably wouldn't feel bad and apologize until after the sharing happened, but then he'd feel like the hugest jerk in the world, apologize, and mope for the rest of the day (or at least until the next distraction). Plot taken I see, heheh. Both my boys are open y'all :0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:13 pm
ACID BEAT is in!

I'd love for him to pick up either honesty here if possible. Any takers? :3 NOW WITH PO-TAY-TOES WHOOO
Acid cheats off of Tay-toes because honestly, who's got time for words and numbers when the world is full of color? But... he's forgotten his lunch and that filly seems to have extra... will she share even though he cheated?  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Morning Glory took a moment to check her mane, fussing with several small strands to fix them back into place. She inhaled then exhaled to center herself. The first day in the new school house, she was so excited! Her sapphire eyes shined and twinkled with her feelings.

Ah whoops! Looking at the clock, it was 7:55, class would start very soon. Glory rushed about, making sure everything she needed was out and everything was in place. She took in another deep breath, exhaled, flicked the door lock with her unicorn magic and flung open the door.

"Welcome to you're first day of school everyphony!"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:39 pm
User Image
Mooncake sat patiently outside school house as he waited for it to open. A book under his hooves kept him busy as the time for class approached. At the moment he was reading up on gods of knowledge and learning, currently on the Taoist god Kui Xing who was brilliant yet hideous. His muzzle scrunched up as he pondered the stereotypes that surrounded different types of people, particularly the nerdy kind.

He blinked, broken from his concentration by the sound of somephony opening the school door and welcoming them in. With an upward glance to see who it was, he picked up his book and glided into the classroom.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:38 pm
Po-TAY-Toes was super stoked for the start of school! School meant books and group projects! She had fluttered nearly the entire way to school, her matching tartan satchel and lunchbox dangling a few inches above the ground. Her lunchbox was packed with a glorious spread; she hadn't been able to decide what kind of sandwich to pack, so she'd taken a long baguette and made a sandwich with all the toppings in the fridge. It was basically three sandwiches in one. She also had a thermos of tomato soup, a baggie of fish-shaped cheese crackers, and the biggest brownie she'd ever seen.

Well, one of two. Her brother's was pretty big, too. Her mom had cut them equal, she supposed begrudgingly. But it was more fun to believe that she had the bigger of the two.

Happily floating into the classroom, she chose a seat near the front. Close enough to hear and see the teacher, but distant enough where she could hide a copy of the Hobbit under her desk if math class got boring or something.

Warp Nine entered behind his sister, dragging his feet. The pegasus loved school and learning, especially science, but he'd spent the summer staying up really late and stargazing. The morning schedule was messing with his head. He took a seat towards the back of the classroom and stacked up his books and papers, hoping to build a barrier where he could maybe get away with dozing off from time to time.

Pale Moonlight was more interested in musical pedagogy than actual school, but he certainly didn't mind the prospect of a few educational hours. Spending the time with other foals might have been a bit overwhelming, but nothing too terrible. And besides, maybe he'd see a friend here! He took a seat near a purple flutter boy with a book about the size of his head. He didn't seem like the troublemaking sort.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A vermillion colt peered into the classroom...and froze, fighting the sudden urge to back out. The teacher - was that mare the teacher? She had to be, she was the only adult in the room - the teacher had eyes of jewel. Hard Truths had never seen or heard of anything so disturbingly unnatural in the short time he'd been alive. Those twinkling eyes that sparkled and threw about spots of light all over the place...he couldn't look at her. He just...couldn't.

Trying not to think about sharp jewel edges and eyelids, Hard Truths carefully avoided the teacher's gaze and went to find a seat in the middle of the classroom. He observed the other students already settling in, noting some unfamiliar faces as well as ones already known to him. The young unicorn studied each other foal intently, as if information about each of them would show up on an upcoming test. It was certainly going to be some first day.

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Haute Couture, also known to a select few as Fab (short for fabulous (because he was)), touched down mostly gracefully outside the new schoolhouse. After a moment of silent internal debate, he decided on a quiet entrance, simply calling a cheerful, "Bonjour, Mme. Glory!" as he all but pranced to the cubbies to stow his lovingly-crafted saddlebags. Notebook and pen in hoof, he found a good seat in the back of the room and settled in for the first day of a new school year.

Meanwhile, Friend-Ship, all wide eyed and pale, peeked cautiously into the classroom. Once everyone else seemed occupied, he slipped in and scrabbled into an open seat somewhere in the middle. He wasn't sure if he was more excited or nervous about school - there would be so much to do, but on the other hoof, there would be so much to do. And he didn't really know anyone, except - Oh, captain Niner! He's here too! But oh, he looked so tired! Friend-Ship thought it might be better not to bother him with more than a shy wave.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:13 pm
Upon inspecting his fellow foals, Hard Truths was somewhat startled to find a colt with eyes almost as disturbing as the teachers'. His sclera was black, giving him something of a predatory gaze. The fact that he had something of a crooked smile also bothered the unicorn.

He leered at the fellow, irritated with him the instant he opened his mouth. French? Really? What a show-off. Maybe he was trying to play teacher's pet. "Sure you're not in the wrong class?" he asked, turning around to address the pale pegasus.

Within the next few moments, however, another phony was seating himself in the middle row beside Truths. He couldn't tell if this newcomer was a pegasus or not; he had wings that seemed even scrawnier and more delicate than Mooncakes, though he hadn't previously realized that was possible. He seemed to be waving at someone.

"Ahem," he cleared his throat, hoping to get this strange, timid colt's attention. "Are you a pegasus, by any chance...?"

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 pm
Mooncake had settled in his seat, rather content. He had resumed reading his book as he waited for the teacher to start the class, not bothering to really examine any of the other children. It wasn't until another phony sat down next to him that he really glanced up. "Hi," he mumbled, eyes darting to examine the foal before he looked about the room. A small scowl formed on his face as he spotted his nemesis, but other than that the rest of the group was unfamiliar, not including his brother.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:35 am
Paper Lantern snuck in just as the bell rang, stowing his tiny saddle bag in a cubby hole and sitting down in more of the corner, near the pale pony with large blue eyes and the white pony with red eyes. He hadn't cared much for going to class, but he'd been told Miss Glory taught math well, and he was having trouble understanding measurements he'd found in books for origami animals. Plus Mooncake seemed to want to attend and if Mooncake wanted to go, Paper would have been dragged along anyway.  

Astraea Pandora

Crew

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:06 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sluggishly, the green phony plopped down into a seat at the school house. Acid Beat had thoughtlessly gotten lost in listening to music last night and, before he knew it, the sun had been rising! But who could blame him when there was so much music in the world he hadn't heard yet? And every song held different bursts of color; he hadn't even thought of sleeping. He hid a yawn under one hoof. Thusly, his seat had been chosen strategically, near enough to the front that hopefully he would stay awake, but not so close that he might get called on.

"Good morning, Miss Glory," he intoned as the blue teacher flitted by. He shuffled his school supplies, reasonably certain he had forgotten something, but who knew what. To pass the few minutes before class started, Acid looked around curiously. He didn't really know too many phonies in attendance. Oh well, his father had said to get out and make friends... His wandering eye settled on a cute little pegasus seated next to him. Acid always approved of anyphony with purple in their hair. 'Lo there. I'm Acid Beat. You like school?" As an opening, it was... less than interesting and his voice was a little flat from lack of sleep and his smile a little wilting, but he was trying!  
My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff