Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
NEW JERB with UPDATE

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

They took our jerbs!
  Murhhhhhh
View Results

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:30 pm
I got a new jerb. I start Monday. 8 to 4:30, half an hour for lunchy munchies. 15 min drive to get there (thank god), and I get off before rush hour starts, plus I sort of avoid it anyway because of the location. :3

I will be a pre-press person there. Also, I will be doing some packing, and shipping while things get put in motion for what I'm officially being hired for. I'd be hired to be a printing person, yay! By early next year they would like to make me lead on printing, once they bring in the printers for me to use!

p.s. I'm a graphic designer, that's what I went to schoolio for. I've been lucking out for getting graphic design jobs. The market is very competitive, and most clients don't wanna pay money. Anyway, I've been getting printing gigs even before I graduated from college. :3 So this is perfect if everything works out like there telling me.

LE UPDATE

First day, work on graphics all day! So many custom coaching boards were on back order. So I did ALL OF DEM. Also learned how to do stuffs.

Second Day, did half graphics, half production.

Third day, quarter graphics, LOTS of production to the point, where my shoulders hurt really bad.

Thursday, EMAIL CRASHED. They got it back up and running apparently it was on the old email server? I don't know. sweatdrop Did MOAR production. p.s. Production is like, put 6 things, in one box, and seal it. All day. Or, open a box, test out one product in the box, then put a sticker on the packaging, reput in box, and seal it. lol. I know... it's rocket science.

Friday, Finished a rush graphics order. and, BBQ for staff. It was a welcome for I and the new marketing girl. Also to say goodbye to the summer students. We had really nice stuff, schnitzel, gourmet burgers, turkey burgers, and frankfurt sausages. And, some salads, coleslaw, macaroni salad, potato salad. For dessert, there was two bite brownies, and lemon things (I didn't try one out :3)

Things I learned:
They are super picky about there graphics. Everything needs to look 100% on the proofing for imprinting, or else it doesn't get sent to the customer. :/

I get two 15 minute breaks throughout my day. Not just one 30 min break.

People get lazy on friday. And, flighty/tired on Monday.

Not all warehousing places are nazis, as this place is super laid back. We seem to line at the clock about 5ish mins before the shift ends :3

I'm not exhausted after my shift. Which is awesome. I just feel relaxed when I get home.

People really like sports. Everyone has some type of sport that they do. Unlike myself where I like to do crafty stuff. smile Even though I did take a slight interest in golf this year ^_^

The lunch room is cold, so bring a sweater.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:13 am
: ) It must be nice working at a job you know you're going to like. I can't wait until I start working in animation studio somewhere.

Good luck on your new job!  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:35 am
CONGRATS.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:18 am
Clients not wanting to bad money. This is a sad truth of the business world. Especially in competive markets.

Aka, if you cant do it for near on "at cost" or cheaper "at cost" than the other guy...you will lose out. Which is a business plan which just doesnt work. And why you need to diversifiy and either be able to pump out huge ammounts of items and make your profit that way, or offer something the other guy cant.

Anyways though. I am glad you have found a solid job, Im sure you will be awesome at it.

I still need to find my next job.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:07 pm
THANK YOU MY LOVEYS <3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:51 am
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEWFOUND EMPLOYMENT! :D

I'm glad it didn't take forever 3nodding  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:37 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEWFOUND EMPLOYMENT! :D

I'm glad it didn't take forever 3nodding

Nope it didn't only 3 weeks :3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:33 pm
AngelAmy

Things I learned:
They are super picky about there graphics. Everything needs to look 100% on the proofing for imprinting, or else it doesn't get sent to the customer. :/

Not all warehousing places are nazis, as this place is super laid back. We seem to line at the clock about 5ish mins before the shift ends :3

I'm not exhausted after my shift. Which is awesome. I just feel relaxed when I get home.

People really like sports. Everyone has some type of sport that they do. Unlike myself where I like to do crafty stuff. smile Even though I did take a slight interest in golf this year ^_^

I am glad about this....honestly would you want to work for a comany that settles for half hearted work...or that doesnt make the customer 100% happy. Even though you do get customers who are never happy. I believe if they keep pushing you, all this can do is force you to get better, faster, and gain a even stronger eye for pleasing the clients.

Is that opposed to lunch? or including lunch?

I cant say that here...we dont have a standard week...and with long hours people are just mostly tired most days XD.

I dont know what warehouses you have worked at, but I know many people back home who work in them, and although they are hard working, I usually hear pretty good things, like they can make it quite fun.

Thats awesome...I often wake up tired...especially the last month.

I would totally recomend trying going along on some of those sports nights if possible (like casual play nights) they can be a lot of fun and you may learn you are a lot more sporty than you knew. (Like when I first played casual badminton I found it a lot of fun.).

Seems legit.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:59 pm
Sagebomb
AngelAmy

Things I learned:

I am glad about this....honestly would you want to work for a comany that settles for half hearted work...or that doesnt make the customer 100% happy. Even though you do get customers who are never happy. I believe if they keep pushing you, all this can do is force you to get better, faster, and gain a even stronger eye for pleasing the clients.

Is that opposed to lunch? or including lunch?

I cant say that here...we dont have a standard week...and with long hours people are just mostly tired most days XD.

I dont know what warehouses you have worked at, but I know many people back home who work in them, and although they are hard working, I usually hear pretty good things, like they can make it quite fun.

Thats awesome...I often wake up tired...especially the last month.

I would totally recomend trying going along on some of those sports nights if possible (like casual play nights) they can be a lot of fun and you may learn you are a lot more sporty than you knew. (Like when I first played casual badminton I found it a lot of fun.).

Seems legit.
Hehe, it's not that. Just the girl who is training. Says to do something one way. So, I do it that way. But when she reviews what I did, she wants it a different way.... It's SO confusing.

15 min break, 30 min lunch break, 15 min break

-

Depends what you do I guess. Mostly manfaucting places you get the crap beaten out of you like your some animal. Constantly talked down too, etc. So, I've heard of course..

-

See the thing is, I don't play sports. I recently got into golf, and biking. But, that's the most sports I have ever willingly played.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:05 pm
AngelAmy
Hehe, it's not that. Just the girl who is training. Says to do something one way. So, I do it that way. But when she reviews what I did, she wants it a different way.... It's SO confusing.

-

Depends what you do I guess. Mostly manfaucting places you get the crap beaten out of you like your some animal. Constantly talked down too, etc. So, I've heard of course..

-

See the thing is, I don't play sports. I recently got into golf, and biking. But, that's the most sports I have ever willingly played.

Yeah I know that feeling. Whats even better is when you work for a company with mutliple tiers of leadership, who all give you conflicting training and expectations. Like on the cruise ships I had 6 different tiers of management above me just within the ship, and of those 4 would make requests at my level....often conflicting.

15/30/15....that is what I expect of the average 8 hour work day.

Thats interesting, it must be your area...maybe your country. In NZ they are always in need of really good warehouse workers, and they actually pay quite well. As such I dont think they can really afford to treat them like crap. But also in production line type jobs, happiness = effieciency. The efficiency lost on unhappy workers adds up to a lot of time and money. I guess some places dont understand that.

For some reason your quote on sports reminded me of this skit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTbpCTphdc

But I recomend trying things, you never know what you might actually enjoy until you try. Like when I have kids come onto the ropes course/zipline etc. A lot dont want to do it because they think they will be scared or not have fun etc. But almost always they end up having fun and wanting to go again.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 pm
Sagebomb
AngelAmy

-

-

Yeah I know that feeling. Whats even better is when you work for a company with mutliple tiers of leadership, who all give you conflicting training and expectations. Like on the cruise ships I had 6 different tiers of management above me just within the ship, and of those 4 would make requests at my level....often conflicting.

15/30/15....that is what I expect of the average 8 hour work day.

Thats interesting, it must be your area...maybe your country. In NZ they are always in need of really good warehouse workers, and they actually pay quite well. As such I dont think they can really afford to treat them like crap. But also in production line type jobs, happiness = effieciency. The efficiency lost on unhappy workers adds up to a lot of time and money. I guess some places dont understand that.

For some reason your quote on sports reminded me of this skit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTbpCTphdc

But I recomend trying things, you never know what you might actually enjoy until you try. Like when I have kids come onto the ropes course/zipline etc. A lot dont want to do it because they think they will be scared or not have fun etc. But almost always they end up having fun and wanting to go again.

I'm not used to taking breaks, so when i do go on for break, it's like what the ******** do I do with myself lol There's tim hortons across the street, but it's not my favourite.. lol. I love McCafe from Mcdonalds, way better.

It's the luck of the draw for warhouse production things. The one that I am currently working at is nice. No one yells at you, everyone is friendly.

lol, I used to watch MAD tv all the time lol. Oh man <3

I've never been a big sports fan anyway. Gym class was always painful, except for when we played dodgeball... lol. I like the crafty side of things, thats why I took sewing lessons for years when I was younger. I also was in Brownies, Sparks, and Girl Guides (equivalent to boy scouts). I gave up though when they wanted us to do camping trips (bleck!). I like the indoors.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:43 pm
AngelAmy

I'm not used to taking breaks, so when i do go on for break, it's like what the ******** do I do with myself lol There's tim hortons across the street, but it's not my favourite.. lol. I love McCafe from Mcdonalds, way better.

It's the luck of the draw for warhouse production things. The one that I am currently working at is nice. No one yells at you, everyone is friendly.

I've never been a big sports fan anyway. Gym class was always painful, except for when we played dodgeball... lol. I like the crafty side of things, thats why I took sewing lessons for years when I was younger. I also was in Brownies, Sparks, and Girl Guides (equivalent to boy scouts). I gave up though when they wanted us to do camping trips (bleck!). I like the indoors.

Yeah I agree, I love coffee but most of the coffee I have had in Canada so far has been extremly average. I preffer nice independant cafes. But it does seem like Tim, Buck, and Donald controll the coffee market here.

Yeah it was a pretty sweet show. I have seen a few newer eps recently....and it seems like its skyrocketed downhill though.

XD I know girl guides fairly well. Most countrys have them. I was a Cub and then a Scout myself. But that ends in NZ when you hit 14 and the next level is not really done in NZ.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AngelAmy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:54 pm
Sagebomb
AngelAmy

Yeah I agree, I love coffee but most of the coffee I have had in Canada so far has been extremly average. I preffer nice independant cafes. But it does seem like Tim, Buck, and Donald controll the coffee market here.

Yeah it was a pretty sweet show. I have seen a few newer eps recently....and it seems like its skyrocketed downhill though.

XD I know girl guides fairly well. Most countrys have them. I was a Cub and then a Scout myself. But that ends in NZ when you hit 14 and the next level is not really done in NZ.

There's actually one that opened up on the escarpment not too long ago. It's called Munchies. And it's a cafe where you can bring your dog into! Very cool. Though I do not have a dog, I still want to take a trip there for some coffee ^_^ There's Timmies everywhere... and I honestly, got so used to drinking McDonalds teas, that it's not that same when I go to Tims.

lol. Yeah, they haven't made that show for a long time.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:09 pm
Jerb, lol  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:29 am
AngelAmy

There's actually one that opened up on the escarpment not too long ago. It's called Munchies. And it's a cafe where you can bring your dog into! Very cool. Though I do not have a dog, I still want to take a trip there for some coffee ^_^ There's Timmies everywhere... and I honestly, got so used to drinking McDonalds teas, that it's not that same when I go to Tims.

lol. Yeah, they haven't made that show for a long time.

Thats cool, I am very much a dog person. Atm we are doing band camp (summer camp is over) and several of the staff have brought thier dogs (so its not just the camp dog anymore) which is cool, since I love playing with dogs and its one of the things I usually miss when travelling.

Yeah Tims is everywhere. Dunno, I like the coffees made by McCafe back home, but I have found they arent as good here. That said they are still pretty good.

yeah it ended in 09

(October 14, 1995 – May 16, 2009), but the cartoonier version they started in 10...just really couldnt cut it. And definitly in the late 00s, they were already very much running out of stuff.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games