Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Organized Roleplaying
Tales of Zeal: Niflheim's Final Stand (FULL) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ac-null1

Steadfast Defender

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:33 am
User Image
Genis Sage
Kendama Mage
══════════════════════════
Location: Open field near Sybak's north entrance | Company: Hiei

Genis balled his hands into fists and rested them at his hips, putting on a confident, smug expression. His ego couldn't help itself at that remark about his smartness. "Hahah, you wouldn't be the first to say that!"

His eyes would widen once again when this guy just straight up confessed he was a demon from not just another world, but a "demon world". But it still didn't make sense; if he was really a demon, how could he not be affected by the mana in the environment right now? Crossing his arms, he decided to test the waters with a few more statements.

"So this Demon World of yours...it wouldn't also be called Niflheim would it? See, the demons we know of here are from this other world called Niflheim and are weak to mana. There is mana all around us right now, yet here you are not keeling over."

A type of demon that isn't weak to mana, though...that was kind of a scary thought.

At the stranger's remarks about these apparent otherworldly people (and creature), Genis put a hand to his chin and furrowed his brow in deep thought. Things were coming together. So that disturbance in the mana he was sensing earlier as he and Raine were leaving the forest...it might've a signal to the arrival of this man and the others who were now gone. But...how and why would they disappear before they could make better headway in this world? This was kind of going off on a tangent now, but he was getting curious. And this might be kind of an important thing to know.

"And these other people...hey, are you able to sense energy movements too? Did you feel anything in the air when they disappeared?"

Sirea Angelie

((LOL kinda weird for the Lloyd account to only have the Genis post for now...but this is where I've decided to post as all the Symphonia cast I've claimed. xd Unless they're around any of my other characters, like Kratos and Sheena.))  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:30 pm
User Image
☆ ★ Krystal ★ ☆
Telepath

Currently With: Jade, Zaul, Pascal, Sheena

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Sheena's negative reaction towards Pascal's idea didn't go unnoticed by Krystal, which had her frown for a moment. It seemed as though the ninja chief had a bad experience with such a cannon. Her gaze then shifted over to Zaul as he responded to the blue vixen until Sheena and Jade voiced their two-cents. So there was the possibility of destroying this source by physical means. She gave a nod in agreement with Sheena mentioning that it would take time to have the cannon Jade suggested built. "I am curious though, Sheena, of this mana cannon you spoke of. If such a weapon can greatly drain Aselia of its mana at the risk of endangering the lives inhabiting it, then why was it built?"

Her gaze soon shifted over to Pascal. "Jade just pointed out that the cannon we need does need to be extremely large in order for this to work. Whatever this source is, I highly doubt we would reach it easily anyways. Especially not as we are now."

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Image
Hiei
Wielder of the Dragon

Currently With: Genis

Hiei couldn't help but smirk upon the boy's reaction about him being a demon. So there were other demon realms aside from the one he knew and the Netherworld. "No, it's not." He said. He had never heard of Niflheim, but it did help that the boy gave him some information about it, mainly about the demons that resided there. Then again, he could easily try to get information from Spirit World. However, even knowledge there was limited in which he recalled from when he and Kurama were sent to help Yusuke and Kuwabara at Maze Castle. So these Niflheim demons are weak to what he called 'mana'. "I haven't heard of this Niflheim, but I can assure you that I'm nothing like any demon from that realm. Though this energy you call 'mana', I don't suppose you're referring to the energy this world possesses?"

He then heard the boy's questions. "Of course I can, though I didn't sense any sort of movement when it happened. I didn't exactly see what happened as I was telepathically communicating with some spirit fox from another group at the time. Most I was able to sense was that their spirit energy had vanished along with them."

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:55 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Jade Curtiss / Zaul Oleander / Sheena Fujibayashi
The Necromancer | The One-Eyed Gunman | The Chief of Mizuho

Sheena's expression softened into a more weary one upon seeing how Pascal reacted to her strictness. "Yeah, sorry if I came off as kinda rough there. Just...please understand it's a very delicate situation." She then shifted her glance to the blue vixen. "To answer your question, Krystal, well...as far as I know the first one was built during an ancient war between Sylvarant and Tethe'alla 4000 years ago. It's pretty obvious what its purpose was back then, isn't it? Though I'm not so sure which country built it to use against the other.

The one that was built recently was supposed to germinate a Great Seed that was supposed to grow another World Tree to supply more mana to the world, but...a lot of things happened that led up to it sprouting into a twisted form that began ravaging Sylvarant's lands. The cannon was used to destroy it before it could do more damage. The very roots of that twisted tree are what brought down the Tower of Mana here."

Zaul's eye slightly widened in astonishment upon hearing Sheena affirm the hearsay he'd gleaned about these ruins. Intrigued, he asked, "So what was wrong with that tree? Yeah it was twisted but it still grew, but what was keepin' it from functionin' like a normal World Tree?"

Sheena sighed and put a hand to her forehead. She wasn't really annoyed or anything, she was just kind of tired at the moment and didn't feel like rambling too excessively for now. "Man, it's kind of a long story so I'll just get to the point. There was an imbalance in the mana within that Great Seed and a magical cage around the Seed was keeping it from reacting to that imbalance. And then that cage got broken. And with only imbalanced mana to grow from, I guess it could only sprout into an unstable, impure form."

Zaul was nodding as he listened intently to Sheena's concise explanation. He really was curious about the details, but judging from the young ninja chief's fatigued demeanor, he figured his questions could wait for much later. He hoped she would be up for answering them. "Ah see, Ah see. Hey, man...yer lookin' kinda worn now, y'wanna take a breather? Had anythin' ta eat in a while?"

Sheena smiled a little sheepishly, touched by the concern. "I guess you could put it that way. It's just...so much happened today. And—" Her train of thought was interrupted by the growling of her stomach. She buried her face in her hands for a few moments and sighed, embarrassed that had to happen in front of all these people. "Yeah, now that I think of it, I've been so busy today that I actually skipped lunch."

Zaul had a quiet chuckle to himself before declaring, "Well, you just sit tight here, ma'am. Ah'll go look around—there's bound ta be a handful o' travelin' merchants around. An' Ah'll be right back with some ingredients n' stuff ta start a fire. Hopefully." And with that, the gunman temporarily left the group.

Jade had been listening to the whole exchange, staying silent as he didn't really have anything of worth to say or add. But he too was intrigued with the little bits he learned about this world just now. Hearing the conversation draw to a close, he decided to see what the young Amarcian was up to. There were a few things she said that piqued his interest. "So, Pascal. What size do you estimate this cannon needs to be? And this aerial shuttle of yours, were you traveling in it before you turned up in this world?"

Sirea Angelie

APH-Fem Canada-APH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:57 am
User Image
Genis Sage
Kendama Mage

Genis sighed in relief at the confirmation that this stranger wasn't a Niflheim demon. "That's great news. We'd in a lot of trouble if Niflheim demons somehow gained a tolerance to mana, especially with what's been going on lately. And yes, mana's the energy that's the foundation of this world."

The boy would scratch his head with a puzzled look at the answers to his last questions. At first he was mumbling to himself. "Huh. So if there wasn't a shift in the mana, it wasn't like there was an arte casted..." Then that last bit about some spirit fox caught his interest. "Wait, you were able to contact another group? Were you able to tell who else was in that group?" Sounded like more otherworlders that might need help, save for that fox.

Suddenly, it dawned on him that he's been talking with this guy for this long and they had yet to exchange names. Someone with this powerful of a vibe would be strategic to align with, too. He was entirely new to this world at that; he'll need someone who knows their way around it if he's looking for a way back home or something else. It was just the right thing to do...even if this guy kinda scared him. Just a bit. "O-oh yeah, I'm Genis, by the way. You?" He held out a hand, offering a handshake.

Sirea Angelie

ac-null1

Steadfast Defender

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:54 pm
User Image
Hiei
Wielder of the Dragon

So this world relies on this mana as its lifeline. That would explain why this world had a differ air to it than what he felt in the Human World. It's a possibility that the humans here would be more accustomed to the supernatural than the ones in the Human World. Hiei had wondered as to what it is about this mana that would weaken Niflheim demons. Then again, he wasn't really all too concerned as these demons were the least of his worries. However, the mention of something else going on lately in this world had gotten the three-eyed demon's attention. He wasn't exactly worried about the condition of this world either, but if this world has a way for him to return to the Demon World... "Enlighten me. What sort of trouble is this world facing?" He asked.

It would seem the boy didn't sense anything either when Richard and the others had disappeared. He would have to agree. He didn't see or sense anyone using some sort of technique that would have caused those disappearances. As the boy asked about the other group, Hiei once more gazed toward the city as the Jagan Eye glowed from behind his headband. "The fox disappeared as I spoke with him. The others do not know of my existence, least not yet." He said, closing his eyes while the Jagan Eye still glowed. "As for who else was in that team, there is a female who is all blue both skin and hair, a dark-skinned male wearing with a hat, some fool in armor, and a red-haired human." Opening his eyes, he gazed at the boy once more. "As of now, they are here in the city. They have just arrived from the opposite entrance, and they've brought a ridiculous-looking creature with them."

The boy then introduced himself as he offered his hand for a shake. "....Hiei." Hiei would just stare at Genis' hand, as if he was unsure what he was supposed to do. He may have spent some time in the Human World, but he didn't really understand humans and their customs. Was he supposed to give the boy something? If so, he didn't have anything he was willing to part with.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:47 pm
User Image
Pascal
Amarcian Prodigy
♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋
Jade, Krystal, Sheena, Zaul || Tower of Mana Ruins

Pascal kinda made a sheepish grin at Krystal's remark. Usually, she doesn't repeat things she heard, but it felt like something to get her started on the blueprints.
Her timid frown melted away. "It's okay." After hearing Sheena's apology, she kept a close ear on her story as her hand moved by itself on the blueprints. Nevertheless, hearing about the Mana Cannon and the destruction it caused made all the more sense to her. With all the dilapidated ruins here, it was no question that it supported something incredibly tall like a tower. However, the thought of a cannon taking down a tree and a tower was not out of the realm of possiblity for her. All of this reminded her of how her deris bit was able to cut through a giant coccoon that engulfed an island.
Her train of thought derailed as soon as the tall, bespectacled man towered over her with interest. "I did a big ol' crunch on the numbers and made sure the cannon has enough 'ka-pow' despite havin' a short chase and bore. I was thinking of adding a do-hickey to help with our aim, but really need to go chunka-chunka to make it work." Figuring he might get lost on her vernacular, she found a flat bit of stone to spread out her blueprints. For what time she had, she could bang out detailed drafts like this in her sleep . . . Unless she was too busy murmuring attacks. "Yeah, I came here on my shuttle when I was sucked into here. But my brain went all woobly when I got here, so it might be in one of those yucky shadows. Although, I doubt it's in the shadow near Luin."

OOC: Chase and bore are cannon terms, just so you know.
Wiki that shiz if you wanna.
Sorry if this post was a little late, I've not been feling well for a while.

Zaul Oleander

Sirea Angelie

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:50 pm
User Image
☆ ★ Krystal ★ ☆
Telepath

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Krystal listened with interest as Sheena spoke about the mana cannon as well as about the twisted version of the World Tree. She took a moment to look around the ruins. So the tower was destroyed by this twisted tree. She had also noticed Sheena's fatigued demeanor as well. As much as she would like to ask more questions, it would have to wait until later. The ninja chief could use some rest. Glancing over to Jade and Pascal, she listened with interest as the Amarcian spoke about how big the cannon should be, which had the blue vixen blink in confusion from the odd terminology Pascal used. What also got her attention was the mention of a shuttle. "This shuttle of yours....Have you traveled in space with it?" She asked curiously.

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:45 pm
User ImageUser Image
Jade Curtiss / Sheena Fujibayashi
The Necromancer | The Chief of Mizuho

There was a moment of silence that hung in the air as Jade spent it taking in Pascal's...rather colorful vernacular. He raised his brows and made a faint smile of amusement, having a bit of a chuckle to himself, then crouched down by the place she laid down her blueprints to have a look.

"Heh, I see. Regrettably, I cannot contribute anything of substance. To be quite honest, I only really have a rudimentary understanding of machinery. My field of interest is Fonic Artes, thus I have only ever done extensive research in that. Still, I can tell this is some quite impressive planning you did here, for the time you had. You must be a master machinist where you're from." Another pause, as all this talk of mechanics brought some other thoughts to the top of his head. "Ahh...now I'm being reminded of a friend of mine who's a machinery enthusiast himself. Were he here, he would definitely be eager to look at your work and perhaps collaborate with you."

Standing back up, he began to seem a little perplexed as he took in Pascal's explanation of her arrival in this world. "Hmm...that begs the question of how you got separated from your shuttle, if what you last remember was being pulled into this world while you were inside it. Might you be able to describe your experience? I mean, were you flying along, then all of a sudden, there was some sort of portal you just couldn't veer away from in time?"

Sheena remained silent in rest, but was also using this time to understand more about these other-worlders through the way they behaved and interacted with each other. She told them much about this world, now it was time to learn more about them.

APH-Fem Canada-APH

Sirea Angelie

((Sorry this took a while, I wasn't feeling quite well after Holy Week. My allergies were going nuts. x.x))  

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ac-null1

Steadfast Defender

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:36 am
User Image
Genis Sage
Kendama Mage

Genis cocked an eyebrow and started to give Hiei that "what kind of rock have you been living under" look again upon noticing the lack of reaction to his offer of a handshake. "Seriously? You must be way older than I am, but in all your life, you never learned what a handshake means? Alright then..." He withdrew his hand and folded his arms. Genis knew nothing at all about otherworldly demon culture, but he assumed the simple gesture of a handshake might have been common across all of them.

"Anyway, about what's happening in the world lately..." The boy sighed and took a moment to collect his thoughts, then began to explain. "There's been these shadows filled with evil energy blanketing large areas of the world. They just...appeared one day. We've been trying to figure out how. The areas covered by the shadows don't have mana in them, as if it's pushed it aside. On top of that, there's a miasma in the air and really strong demonic creatures roaming around in them. That makes it pretty difficult to explore such areas. But we can't leave them alone, because what if these shadows grow larger or even multiply? The mana in the world just can't keep them at bay any better because there's a shortage of it. The new World Tree that emanates new mana is just a sapling right now. It just can't produce more fast enough to keep up. That's the gist of it."

Another pause, to reflect on Hiei's report on the group of possible otherworlders that were nearby. He held his chin and glanced groundward with a brow furrowed in thought. "Now about those other guys...the lady definitely sounds like someone not of this world. There's no race here that has blue skin." Looking up again, Genis resumed eye contact with the demon. "The way you describe the others makes them sound like locals, though. Since they're in the city now, I guess I could go over and check them out. Care to join me, Hiei?"

Sirea Angelie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:59 pm
User Image
Pascal
Amarcian Prodigy
♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋
Tower of Mana Ruins || Jade, Krystal, Sheena, Zaul

She beamed at Jade's praise. "That's nothin'! I'm actually making a hot water plumbing system back home for a whole country. Wait t'ya see it all done." Admittedly, Pascal's ears kind of perked up a little at the mention of 'artes'. "Phonic Artes? Are they like Cryas Artes?" However, she shook her head upon hearing about Jade's friend. "That's a bummer. But, I can make things myself, so no biggie."
A pause- suddenly, all those racing thoughts burned away. It felt like an eon ago in her mind, but Pascal stood up, closed her eyes and focused. "Hmm . . . I remember I was in my shuttle when it happened. I was looking for my pals who disappeared." Pascal's eyebrows furrowed a bit. "Then it all went super black and junk . . . then my body went all barfy and woozy. After that, I woke up under a bed in Luin."
Her head turned to the azure vixen, a little perplexed by her question. "Well, I use it to go between Ephinea, which is my world- and Fodra. Buuuuut, Ephinea is actually Fodra's satelite so I don't know how'll work if I was flying out into space. Why d'ya ask?"

OOC: It's been a while since I watched TotA, so I can't really recall Jade's mechanic-otaku friend.
Good luck deciphering Pascal's story, Jade. You'll need it.
I hope you don't mind the late reply, work is being a b***h, lately.

Zaul Oleander

Sirea Angelie

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:24 am
User Image
☆ ★ Krystal ★ ☆
Telepath

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Krystal listened to the conversation between Jade and Pascal for a moment until Jade brought up the question about Pascal's experience prior to her arrival and about how she got separated from her shuttle. The blue vixen rubbed her chin in thought as she listened to the Amarcian's story. "Sounds to me that someone had found you when you crashed landed somewhere in this region. Perhaps while we're in the area, we can probably take the time and help you find your shuttle...if everyone else is okay with it that is. If untouched, we should be able to find it exactly where you had crash landed." It was then Pascal mentioned that she had used the shuttle to go between her world and another one called Fodra. "Just mostly out of curiosity if anything. I do have a ship of my own, but it's currently at the planet I was investigating at prior to my arrival here." She said. "Though how is one world a satelite to another?"

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

APH-Fem Canada-APH

Zaul Oleander

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 am
User Image
Hiei
Wielder of the Dragon

"Hn." Hiei said in response to Genis' comment about him not knowing what a handshake was. "I pursue strength. I don't have time for such trivial human customs." Such gestures didn't matter to him, though he doesn't really understand humans and their customs all that well. If it's one thing he knows real well, it's to kill. The three-eyed demon then listened with interest as Genis explained about the shadows, the miasma, and demonic creatures. Was someone trying to open the gateway to this Niflheim the boy spoke about earlier like with Sensui? "And to what effect these shadows would have to a demon such as I?" From what he learned, the mana this world provides weaken the Niflheim demons. He could assume that these shadows are their means of protection against mana. With him being an otherwordly demon, there was actually no telling what effects it would have on him. Would it make him stronger or would it affect him like it would a human or anything else for that matter?

On the subject about the other group, Genis gave the suggestion on going to them since they are in the city as of now. He himself didn't much care for the thought of meeting this other group, but who's to say that they couldn't be of some help to him. That and there was a possibility that they could be friends of Richard, Crow, and Lambda. "I'll go with you." Why would he want to? Maybe being around Yusuke, Kurama, and Kuwabara had rubbed off on him a little.

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:58 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Rhone Craft, Solaire of Astora, and ...Temmie.
Location: Sybak | Company: Someone from here? I think? Also someone decidedly...not. (Kratos and Azura.)

Rhone, oblivious to Azura, listens to Yuan's report intently, jolting when Solaire suddenly grabs his shoulder.

"Perhaps I cannot return home because my duty will not be fulfilled until we take care of these...shadows? Is that what you called them?"

Rhone nods and turns his head towards Solaire.

"Yeah. They make you feel ill when you're in them and the deeper you go the worse things get. The source is likely in the middle, though, so we have to find a way to quickly get to it."

He then turns back towards the communicator and continues speaking.

"Seems like the more the shadows spread, the more portals open up and the less stable the connections are. I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but I fully intend to continue my investigation. I can just feel their presence in the mana of the world and it's starting to get on my nerves a bit. Finally, bit of an update, we've found a few new allies along the way. First, we got Solaire, a knight from another world that can throw lightning like it's a damn javelin."
"Hello, friend!"
"Next, I've got a sentient ghost sword stuck to my hip that's very friendly once you get to know her, and finally-"
"HOI! I'm Temmie!"
"Yeah...Temmie..."

While Rhone continues talking to Yuan, he turns and looks at Azura for a few moments. Unsure if she is cold or simply concentrating, his stare lingers without him realizing it, though it'd likely be difficult to tell through the slits in his helmet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:45 pm
User ImageUser Image
Kratos Aurion and Azura Cantarella
The Traitor to Heaven and the Winter Werewolf
Location: Sybak, South Entrance | Company: Rhone, Honedge, Solaire, Temmie

Kratos knew precisely what Yuan was referring to. He could never forget the darkest of his memories, after all. If the shadows were going to play with them rather mercilessly, it may actually make him a liability. He folded his arms and slightly bowed his head solemnly, closing his eyes for a moment. "As it stands, this is the only path to better understanding this threat. It can't be helped."

Able to keep up with the conversation through her tense focus, Azura grinned and replied, "I'm all in myself. I ain't got any of that emotional baggage dragging me down." However...perhaps because of that sharp noise in her head distracting her...she might have forgotten that phobias might count.

Then, the both of them felt rather thrown off at what Rhone went on to explain. They both shot him a confused look, Kratos raising his brows and Azura cocking one of hers. Yuan was doing the same as the latter, though that obviously couldn't be seen. What got them even more confused was how Solaire was also going along with it.

"Hm? A little forgetful, are we? I'm already acquainted with Solaire; he did appear in the forest shortly following Seishin, after all. This...sentient sword...and 'Temmie' are new developments, however.

In any case, it appears a unanimous decision has been reached. I will send word back to Sheena as well as spread it to the others, and advise them to refrain from exploring any shadows they might be close to until I get results from you. Good luck, and stay safe."

By the way...I'm not certain if this is still true since this was a bit of a while ago, but I've previously received word that Raine and Genis are in Sybak. If you manage to cross paths with them, Kratos, it would be more convenient if you could give them a briefing yourself.

And Azura, as for your friend Chartreuse, I've already met and spoken with her. She is...quite a character. I've directed her with some escorts to my base near Flanoir, where she will be building a processor to better analyze the data you've given her. Still, she intends to rejoin you at a later date; it's just not certain when. That is all."

With that, Yuan ceased to speak any further, and the communication line closed.

The short blue elf, seeming relaxed for a moment, couldn't resist a chuckle at that last remark. "Heheh, yeah...Char's pretty loopy but that's what I love about her."

"All right, now that that's settled, what would you all like to do from here?" asked Kratos. "As I've mentioned before, it would be in our best interests to acquire a supply of healing items before we proceed into the shadow. Now I've also got to see if my colleagues are still around."

Putting a hand to her stomach, Azura smiled a bit shyly. "Well, to be honest I—AAUGH!" Suddenly, she clapped her hands over her ears and squeezed her eyes shut as that shrill tone she was hearing had a sharp burst in volume. Strangely, covering her ears wasn't doing anything to soften the sound, and it was starting to border on painful.

Kratos immediately wore an expression of concern. "Azura? What's the matter?"

"I'm...sorry..." she strained, "...but...doesn't anyone else hear that infernal noise?!"

The seraph still had his enhanced sense of hearing active, but he wasn't noticing anything out of the ordinary at all. "...What noise?"

"It's some kind of godawful screeching! I...I gotta see if it has some kind of source to shut down! Please excuse me!"

She began to walk briskly in the direction that she somehow felt the obnoxious din coming from. Kratos followed suit—whatever it was seemed to be affecting only her for now, but he anticipated its potential to start affecting others.  

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

ac-null1

Steadfast Defender

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:49 pm
User Image
Genis Sage
Kendama Mage

While the two of them walked toward the northern gate of Sybak, Genis answered Hiei's last query. "I...I can't even begin to imagine. In this world, there's no such thing as demons accustomed to mana. I can only guess it'd affect you the same way it does non-demon life forms here. My sister and I were having a look at things just at the edges of the shadow back there in the Gaoracchia, but we could feel it really pulling at our negative emotions. It made memories that we really wanted to put behind us resurface, and I think we were even starting to hallucinate a little bit. At that point we knew we just had to get outta there."

Once in the city, Genis stopped talking so that he could focus on looking for people that fit Hiei's description. It was a bit difficult, as the streets were quite busy. He tried to go as fast as he could so as to not miss them while they were still in the specified area, but he also took care not to bump into people, weaving around them.

When he arrived with Hiei near the southern gate, they had just missed the tail end of the other group's conversation through a communicator, and caught them apparently discussing their next course of action. Genis' eyes widened in surprise as he took notice of a very familiar figure clad in purple. "Is that them, Hiei?" He pointed at the group. "A dark-skinned man...a blue-skinned lady...an armored guy...but that red-haired man, I know him!"

As he stared, he saw the blue-skinned lady suddenly become upset with something, and started breaking apart from the group. Following that, the purple-clad man followed after her in concern.

"Oh man, looks like something's up. I'm gonna follow them."

Sirea Angelie

Organized Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas