Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Organized Roleplaying
Tales of Zeal: Niflheim's Final Stand (FULL) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:00 pm
User Image
Pascal
Amarcian Prodigy
♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋
Tower of Mana Ruins || Jade, Krystal, Sheena, Zaul

"Mana . . ." she let the word roll around on her tongue. I guess that's what their artes are made of, just like cryas and eleth from back home. If anything, all sorts of magic must derive from the same concept of using energy. Although, I don't think there's cryas here.
Nevertheless, her train of thought derailed upon Zaul's statement. If it's not mana or a specific arte, then what kind of power can cause people to disappear? Something beyond the realm of mana . . . whatever it was, I did feel my body go all woobly and junk. It's gotta be something bigger, something like the shadows that attacked Asgard.
Her eyes glowed as she gawked at Zaul's little summon. However, watching Zaul summon his gear from far away, made her thankful for her endless inventory that she can lug around anywhere without breaking a sweat. Still, it would be handy if she ever left something behind.
Without a second thought, Pascal greeted the girl in the strange clothes with gusto. "Hiya~! My name's Pascal. Nice to meet ya, Sheena."
With everyone gathering around the map, Pascal hung over to take a look. Taking in everything on the map, she took note of the surrounding landscape and towns. Sadly, she couldn't remember where her Fodran Shuttle was, but she was hopeful that it was unharmed. Despite everything, she hoped that Hubert was alright.
Her ears perked up when Jade spoke to her and she nodded. "Yeah, Hu and I were in Asgard. We had to evacuate the town from all that weird black goo and the monsters that followed."
OOC: Wow, that was a big post to read up. Oi!
I think Pascal is going to wonder who has the biggest boobs between Cheria and Sheena.

Zaul Oleander

Sirea Angelie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:42 pm
User Image

User Image Dart Feld User Image

Swordsman of Revenge

Currently With: Lloyd

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Dart for a moment blinked upon Lloyd reciting some sort of vow. "Dwarven vow?" He wasn't familiar with dwarves or their customs, but it sounded like they have their own code to follow. "That's a vow I would follow as well." He then chuckle slightly from Lloyd's questions. "I was actually. It's very long story really. Originally I was already in a journey of my own before it all began. One event led to another, and now we're pursuing my dad at the Moon That Never Sets. Along the way, we've had incidents where we ended up getting separated, but we still managed to find each other in some way or another." Dart had faith that if his friends had arrived in Aselia like he did, they would either search for him or at least find a place to regroup at. He was concerned for their well-being, despite knowing that they can take care of themselves. "I can't say for certain if they are here or not, but it doesn't hurt to find out, right?"

Dart then frowned when his fellow red-cladded swordsman seemed to be glancing elsewhere as well as becoming distant while he was telling his story. His expression had changed to that of sympathy for Lloyd. The thought of him having to fight his father to the death made the blonde swordsman think about his own upcoming confrontation with his own father. Would he have to fight him to the death to save Shana? Dart then shook his head after Lloyd had concluded his story. "Not at all. Sounds like you've been through a great deal as well. So your father was a living seal?" Dart asked with a frown. "I can understand the feeling with not wanting to kill him. I feel the same way about my dad. I may have to confront him in battle as well...though he's not a living seal unlike with your dad. Until now, I have thought he was killed along with my mother when my hometown, the one I'm originally from, was attacked. This might sound crazy, but he and one of my friends were actually among the original Dragoons that fought in an ancient war called the Dragon Campaign. I wish I could say that he was acting the villain, but he plans to use someone important to me to bring about Endiness' destruction. You're very lucky, Lloyd." He smiled a little. What also got his attention during Lloyd's story was the mention of elven-bloods. "The elven-bloods you spoke of, what's special about them?" He couldn't help but wonder if they were anything like the Winglies back home.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Image
☆ ★ Krystal ★ ☆
Telepath

Currently With: Jade, Zaul, Pascal, Sheena

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

Krystal watched curiously as Zaul drew out a glyph onto a ground, which he used to summon his pack. "That is an impressive trick." She said before she caught notice of Sheena approaching the group. Pretty good timing on the female ninja's end. As Jade got to work, the blue vixen knelt down on one knee as she gazed at the map. So it would seem Pascal and Sheena have noticed the same thing as well. "Perhaps there's a limit as to how far the shadow can go?"

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User Image
♪♫ Tear Grants ♫♪
Mystearica Aura Fende

Currently With: Raine

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Tear noted the hushed tone Raine used as she spoke about the Regenades. So it would seem this organization was a secret group. She gave a nod in understanding with Raine not wanting to speak more about them in public. The female half-elf went back to her normal tone as she spoke more about the demons and Niflheim. "I don't suppose the shortage of mana would be affecting the seal, would it? Could it be possible that these demons could find their way here through similar means like with otherworlders like myself?"

The Melodist then watched as Raine took the coin and examined it. "I haven't used it yet. The merchant at the item shop was generous enough to let me have a map of Aselia, though it didn't occur to me that I was in entirely different world at the time until I looked at the map." As Raine handed the Auldrant coin back, Tear gestured to the side with the engraving of a woman. "The woman here is Yulia. She's a very well-known historical figure in Auldrant." She said before showing the other side of the coin. "On the other side is the emblem for the nation of Kimlasca." Now it was Raine's turn to show off a coin. Putting hers away, Tear took a moment to examine the Aselian coin while Raine spoke. The Goddess Martel did catch her interest. The Melodist could assume that religion in Aselia played a huge role like with the Order of Lorelei in Auldrant.

Tear soon returned the Aselian coin to Raine as the female half-elf asked her questions regarding fonons and how artes were used in Auldrant. "In Auldrant, all matter is composed of fonons. I can assume it's the same with mana here, correct?" Tear asked. "Most of them, yes, as far as spells are concerned. For the hymns, a Melodist would have to not only know the melody, but to also know the meaning behind it in order to use it to its full potential." She then gave a nod in acknowledgement to Raine's guess that Tear may be able to use mana to perform her artes much like how she was able to use fonons. "I'll keep that in mind. I might as well use the time to do so while I'm here."

The Melodist listened with interest as Raine mentioned about healing artes could also be used through a means of an innate power in all beings. Apparently Aselian humans can use this power, yet it would take years of training. What also caught Tear's interest was the fact there were indeed humans who could also perform elemental artes, yet seemed to have ingested some sort of mineral to do so. It did sounded a bit strange to the Melodist. Not only that, these humans were among the people Raine traveled with. The mention of Derris-Kharlan had piqued her interest as well. "A wandering planet? So it would seem your world was no stranger to otherworldly visits. You and your friends have traveled to this Derris-Kharlan when it was nearby as well?"

When Rained asked about the Replicas, Tear noted the uneasiness, yet curiosity in her face. Despite keeping her own composure, the subject had brought some mixed emotions for her. "Replicas are created by a process known as fomicry. They appear identical to their originals as far as appearance goes, but their strengths and abilities do vary. It's not humans that can be replicated, but monsters, objects, and even cities as well." She said. "The practice of fomicry was forbidden due to ethical reasons, yet there were still those who used it."

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:19 pm
User ImageUser Image
Rhone Craft and Solaire of Astora
══════════════════════════
Location: Open field | Company: Someone from here? I think? Also someone decidedly...not. (Kratos and Azura.)

Rhone shrugs and looks around for a few seconds.

"That...That's a good question, Kratos. Hey, Solaire, didn't he patch you up during that fight?"

Solaire, having now walked up to the rest of the group as well, merely looked down and shook his head.

"I'm afraid I haven't seen him since. I wish I had paid more attention to his whereabouts. I fear for a child alone in the wilderness..."

"HOI!! Don't ignore TEM! How did human get Tem's sword?!"

Rhone groans and narrows his eyes at Temmie. The living blade on his hip unsheathes itself and floats next to Rhone's head, eyeing Temmie curiously.

"I'm not human. I'm an elf...mostly. This sword is alive and has reached an understanding with me. We're traveling together now."
"Tem lern many thins about being best merchant ever at Colleg! You need to pay Tem for sword!"

Rhone and the sword share an awkward glance at each other before the sword "nods" by moving up and down. Rhone sighs with his eyes shut before looking back at Temmie.

"Alright, then. How much?"

Temmie's face moves around its head back and forth as what appears to be sweat runs profusely down her head.

"Uhhhhh...Tem didn't...think that far ahead."

The sword closes its eye and covers it with its hand, turning left and right. The expression on Rhone's face was complex. It was as if he was about to have to tell a paraplegic child her dreams of being a ballerina would never come true.

"Okey! Tem know what to do! Tem will stay with the humans!"
"I'm not hu-"
"Tem will loan you the sword until you find something to pay off your debt!"
"...Wait, so I have debt now? Just because you found the sword first doesn't mean-"

Temmie stretches up to Rhone's face and moves uncomfortably close, her voice growing much quieter than before, so only Rhone can hear.

"Is this a joke? Are you having a chuckle? Very funny, but I'm the one holding the cards here."

Before Rhone even has time to process what's happening, Temmie reverts to normal and trots towards the others.

"Tem is here to help while gray human gets muns for Tem's sword!

Rhone shrugs and slowly turns around, shaking his head.

"She seems pretty good at finding treasures. I'm sure she'll be useful while I...figure out what I'm supposed to do to pay for my new friend..."

The sword animates as if it's laughing before returning to its sheathe.

Temmie has forced her way into the party!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:30 am
User ImageUser Image
Kratos Aurion and Azura Cantarella
The Traitor to Heaven and the Wolf of Azure Shadow
Location: Open Field > Sybak, South Entrance | Company: Rhone, Solaire

Upon Temmie's demand for attention, Kratos and Azura were distracted from the matter at hand. Did Kratos make a faint smile of amusement at the interactions that just unfolded? No, it's just a trick of the eyes. But he actually totally did. Azura snickered a bit and then jolted with a surprised "Oh!" when Temmie got up close and personal with Rhone, nearly losing it.

"Well, we're all human-shaped is the general idea she's getting at, I'm sure," Azura remarked with a chuckle. She didn't mind being "mistaken" as human and didn't get why Rhone was so fussed about it. Let Tem do Tem, is what she thinks.

Though when Rhone started referring to the Honedge as his friend, Azura began to grow quiet and discreetly eye it with wariness. Curious that it'd bond with him so easily, after it was fighting to keep its freedom and hold on Temmie. She just finds it kind of difficult to trust something capable of possession, even something so innocent as a Pokémon.

"If she won't just easily name a price, perhaps she's looking to barter. Maybe you can figure out something once we get into town to recuperate. We should be moving along now," Kratos suggested.

"Don't mind if the new company sticks around for a while longer, though! Tem is soooooo adorable!" Azura gushed. "Just a second, though, before I forget."

She stepped aside, over to the flying broomstick device that was tossed aside and knelt down to examine, removing the big blue gemstone at the end and opening it. "...Shoot. The Casimir Core is too far gone for Hermes' Water to have any effect," she thought out loud to herself, bringing out what appeared to be an extremely dried gray husk of some kind of fruit. It crumbled into ashes her hand. "...Hm. I'll have to check with Char later if she has a spare." She closed the large gemstone casing and set it back into her device, then stuffed it back into its specific pocket dimension in her coat. The remains of the Casimir Core, she left on the ground as she went off to rejoin the group, because it wasn't hazardous waste. It was really an inedible kind of fruit.

A few minutes later into the walk, Kratos questioned the petite blue elf walking beside him. "Azura, you seemed as if you were trying to come to a conclusion about Seishin. Did you figure it out yet?"

She shrugged. "If he simply ran away, then I'd be able to sense a trail from the spot where he was last. Best guess I have, then, is teleportation. Spirits can do that, right? I just hope he's okay wherever he ended up..." She sounded a bit sad as she trailed off, staring toward the ground with a creased brow of worry as she went along.

Kratos made an attempt at consolation. "I'm concerned too, but I believe he'll be fine. It's not as if he's completely defenseless, as he still has magic at his disposal." Even though Seishin was displaying...a lack of prowess...he wouldn't go underestimating a Summon Spirit. In due time, instinct would kick in and his real power would show.

A few more minutes and the party finally reached the southern gate of Sybak. After crossing into town, a muffled voice could be heard coming from Rhone. And it wasn't exactly him.

"...Rhone. Rhone. Are you there?"  

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:52 am
User Image
Hiei
Wielder of the Dragon

Currently With: Genis

Hiei watched the young boy carefully until he rose his hands in surrender. "Hn." He would move his hand away from his sword. Sure, he may be in another world, but the last thing he wanted is Spirit World coming after him if he were to kill a human here. Yet, he couldn't help but wonder if someone like this kid counts. "You made a wise choice. I would rather avoid some pointless fighting as long as you don't get in my way." He said. As far as to what he was looking for, he sure wasn't going to answer that question. That and he wasn't the sort to ask for help. Unfortunate that a certain red-haired friend of his wasn't here to do the talking. "I admit that I am in unfamiliar territory. I have encountered others in the same boat, yet they have disappeared." He gazed toward the city for a moment while the Jagan Eye glowed behind his headband for a moment. He then shifted his gaze back to the boy. "I can sense that you're not a full human. What are you?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:27 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Jade Curtiss / Zaul Oleander / Sheena Fujibayashi
The Necromancer | The One-Eyed Gunman | The Chief of Mizuho

Though Pascal didn't give a clear answer, Jade took her nodding as confirmation that she did indeed see what he and Sheena had. He gave one of his own as a sign that he took her answer into consideration, and wasn't ignoring her.

To Krystal's question, he replied, "That's already been established by Zaul. The shadows' energies oppose mana, don't they? When this recent one crept in, he said he sensed the mana was rolling out in an opposite direction and stopping where enough of it was condensed."

"That's c'rrect, sir," the gunman affirmed, nodding.

Sheena didn't seem to be catching on yet, causing Jade to test the waters with a question of his own toward her. "Sheena, might this be your first time seeing a shadow actually emerge?"

The young chief nodded. "The shadows before this one seemed to have been an overnight occurrence. I mean, one day, they were just...there. No one knows how they got there."

"I thought as much. Now, based on our findings of this defined perimeter around the towns—" Jade traced on the map with his finger a circle enclosing the three evacuated towns, "—and the apparent movement of the shadow itself, I propose this theory: that if you were to go dead center of this area—" he pointed into the middle of the mountain range between the three towns, "—you would find some kind of source emitting this shadow. A source that could possibly be destroyed."

Sheena's eyes widened at this revelation. (As did Zaul's, though he remained silent to listen intently to the conversation.) "That's...that's actually a sound theory!" But she began to sound crestfallen as she pointed out, "The only problem is...it's really tough terrain to get through, it being in the mountains and all. On top of that, the air in these shadows is poisonous and there's no mana...and the darkness plays tricks on the mind..."

Standing back up, Jade folded his arms and looked serious for a moment. "Oh, I'm not implying that you should check it out immediately. Weigh your options, try to go in as prepared as you can. I bid you good luck for when that time comes."

Sheena nodded, then bowed gratefully. "Thank you. Thank you so much for your input as well. I think this'll really help my friends understand the situation better." She began to look a little sheepish as she managed a bit of a nervous chuckle. "I just hope Aska's not too annoyed playing the messenger bird for me."

"I've already got it covered, Lady Sheena," Luna proclaimed cheerfully in her mind, heard only by the young chief.

Sirea Angelie

APH-Fem Canada-APH

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ac-null1

Steadfast Defender

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:53 pm
User Image
Lloyd Irving
The Eternal Swordsman

"Hehe, yeah," Lloyd chuckled at Dart's comment on his habit, "My adoptive dad's a dwarf. He raised me drilling me on the sayings of his people a lot. But they're great words to live by, even though they're a little cheesy."

Lloyd nodded attentively while Dart explained his situation before showing up in Aselia somehow. He did a double-take when he mentioned he and his friends were in the same position he once was. "Yeah, of course it doesn't hurt to find out. But wow, you were in the middle of quite the journey yourself." he replied with a warm smile.

As Dart explained a little more, Lloyd frowned with sympathy upon hearing that Dart was about to undergo the same decision himself soon. "Yeah, my dad was kind of forced into that whole living seal deal by one of his best friends who pretty much lost his mind after his beloved older sister was killed."

Lloyd's eyes practically popped in astonishment when Dart mentioned his dad was pretty ancient too. "Wh...whoa! That actually doesn't sound all that crazy! It's just...one thing I found out about my real dad is that he's really over 4000 years old, and he was also sorta involved in the Great Kharlan War at that time. I understand my dad got ahold of something called a Cruxis Crystal that made him stop aging, but I can't imagine how people in other worlds could do the same thing to themselves." He paused for a few moments, just stunned, for the very reason he went on to jokingly declare: "Man, you know what is crazy, though? How much we seem to have in common!" He laughed about it for a bit before suggesting, "Maybe there's something else going on with your dad that you can't see. Maybe it's not really his will to destroy your world. I mean, I came to understand why my dad did the things he did—because he had a hard time breaking his loyalty to his old friend. I really hope things turn out for you, Dart."

Lloyd thought for a bit on Dart's last question, trying to remember how Raine once explained it to him. "Oh, elven-blooded people are the only ones in this world who are able to do magic. Mana is responsive to their blood, so they're able to take it from the environment and convert it into elemental spells. But the reason why the Eternal Sword could only be wielded by elven-bloods at first is because the sword's creator, the King of the Summon Spirits that I fought, made it specifically for an elven-blooded person. That person pretty much set the rules for who'll be able to wield it."

~~~

User Image
Raine Sage
Iselia's Beloved Professor

Raine nodded at Tear's question about the Niflheim seal. "Yes. As it stands, the current amount of mana in the world isn't strong enough to keep it sealed for long. It's intact right now only because someone decided to stand guard there, keeping it locked with the mana of his very life, amplifying its power through the use of an artifact called the Sacred Stone," she explained, remembering Richter. Then she began to seem a little perplexed at the next question. "I honestly don't know for sure if demons with dimension-manipulating powers exist. Most of the ones we've managed to encounter are simply destruction-minded monsters. But you've certainly opened my mind to that possibility. It's something I'll keep in consideration."

Raine grew even more curious at the mention of this Yulia. She really was starting to garner an interest in Auldrantian society and culture, but decided to close that topic for now, saving further questions for later. She was starting to feel like she was holding Tear in place for an awfully long time, and if she was doing that, it was better to spend it giving her information that would help her around this world.

"Yes, mana is the foundation of the elements and all living things in this world," Raine replied to her next question. After listening to her explanations about the execution of artes in Auldrant, she remarked, "I see. I can understand the concept. It's like how people can increase the intensity of their artes by pouring their emotion into or assigning meaning to them."

She smiled amusedly at the conclusion Tear came to about Derris-Kharlan. "I suppose you could put it that way. Well, we went into one of its cities, but we weren't able to explore that world any further. But as far as we could tell, it was a deserted planet since the people that originally live there, the Elves, decided to stay on Aselia permanently. Before Derris-Kharlan went away, however, there were several Half-Elves who moved there. I'm pretty sure the planet is going to flourish again in due time." Well, that was some way of stating the truth. Those half-elves that joined Cruxis and became Lifeless Beings were still in a mindless state when Kratos shepherded them into Derris-Kharlan. He was to apply key crests to them so that they could gain their humanity back eventually.

Raine nodded as she listened intently to Tear's explanation about Replicas. "Exactly. I can foresee many ethical issues with it. I can see, to a certain degree, the practicality in replicating objects, but living creatures? I can't fathom why such an idea would come about. It must be a hard, confusing life for the being created." Her expression became one of sympathy for these Replica people. She started to wonder if they might be facing some sort of discrimination like Half-Elves do.

~~~

User Image
Genis Sage
Kendama Mage
Location: Open field near Sybak's north entrance | Company: Hiei

Genis cocked an eyebrow, giving Hiei that sort of look that said Man, what kind of rock have you been living under? "You...how do you not know about Half-Elves?" Because Hiei wasn't clearly saying otherwise, Genis was still under the impression he might've been a native of Aselia. "But you...if you can sense what I am, then you're not entirely human either...and you're definitely not coming off as another Half-Elf to me. So what are you, then?"

He caught a glimpse of that glow and wondered if his own eyes were playing tricks on him. He would ask about it if the guy didn't come off as pretty aggressive. He then began to seem puzzled by one of Hiei's remarks. "In the same boat? Disappeared? What exactly do you mean by that?"

Sirea Angelie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:38 pm
User Image
Pascal
Amarcian Prodigy
♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋
Jade, Krystal, Sheena, Zaul || Tower of Mana Ruins

With wide, observant eyes, Pascal took in the map to memory. She even drew a minimap for herself on a sheet of paper in her pocket. However, it wasn't just her hands that were busy, she listened intently to the homeworlders and otherworlders. In her mind, she began to feel the wheels and cogs turn.
But that still leaves the whole thing about how to destroy the thingy that's causing all of this bad funk. Going in it would be suicide without everyone going all blorgy. So if we do triangulate the position of the do-dad, like Jade said . . .
Her fingers snapped, letting her brilliance show. "Maybe the way to destroy the source is easier than we think! You can't go into the shadow without getting lost and feeling all blarfy, right? So what if we send a powerful attack from a safe distance right at the source! It'll have to be a huge attack, like super huge! But if we get the trajectory right, it can work! We just need to find a long-range attack or something like a big cannon that can be altered to hit dead centre into the shadow."

OOC: Bitches love cannons~<3
Also in Canada, we spell center as 'centre'.
So please don't have a hernia from how I spell certain words.

Zaul Oleander

Sirea Angelie

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:37 pm
User Image

User Image Dart Feld User Image

Swordsman of Revenge

Currently With: Lloyd

Dart would have to agree with Lloyd. The Dwarven vows did sound a bit cheesy, yet they were great words to live by. He may not be familiar with dwarves, but it did sounded like Lloyd had a great adoptive father raising him. It did had him curious as to what had happened to his real father and mother for Lloyd to end up adopted. Did he get separated from them during an attack? Whatever the case, he decided against asking. He knew it would be a sore subject to his fellow red-clad swordsman.

So Lloyd's real father was forced into becoming a living seal by one of his best friends. He was curious as to why, but decided to hold back on it for now. Dart's eyes widen in surprise upon hearing that Lloyd's real father was actually pretty ancient as well. Not only that, he too was a hero in an ancient war as well. "Whoa! Your dad too, huh? Well, what I found out about mine was that he had a spell placed on him that turned him to stone. It wasn't until 11,000 years later that the spell had dissolved. One of my companions, however, has a magical choker that stopped her from aging like with your dad." He was curious as to what a Cruxis Crystal was, though he could assume it was something similar to Rose's choker if it could stop someone from aging. Soon enough, Dart laughed from hearing Lloyd's declaration. "It's like talking to a mirror, isn't it? This is definitely an interesting turn since arriving here." It was then he listened to Lloyd's suggestion that perhaps there was something else at work with his father that he wasn't seeing. He wanted to believe that. Maybe there was a chance he can reason with his father. "I hope so too." Afterall, he was able to forgive Rose for what she had done. Maybe he can do the same for his dad.

The red-armored swordsman then listened to Lloyd's explanation about the elven-blooded people. "Can't say I'm familiar with elven-blooded people, let alone dwarves, but it kinda sounds like the elven-bloods are like the Winglies back home. They are more attuned with magic than any other race. I can use magic, but only in Dragoon form...well, aside from using magical items as well. Though what is mana?" So this King of Summon Spirits Lloyd had fought had once made the Eternal Sword to only be weilded by those of elven-blood. "If anything, I'm glad this King of Summon Spirits had trusted you to wield it. I'm glad that it all worked out for you, Lloyd."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Image
☆ ★ Krystal ★ ☆
Telepath

Currently With: Jade, Zaul, Pascal, Sheena

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

As she gazed at the map, Krystal listened carefully as Jade spoke his theory of a source emitting the shadow. This was an interesting theory indeed. It was definitely news to Sheena. Of course the only downside was the poison the shadows possess as well how the shadows play tricks on the mind. Her gaze then shifted over to Pascal as she voiced her idea. "We do have an idea on where to go to find this source, yet there's the matter of pin pointing its exact coordinates if we were to attack from a safe distance. That and we don't know exactly what this source could be." She would admit that Pascal's idea wasn't a bad one, yet there were some downsides. "In order to find out what it is exactly we're dealing with, we would have to venture into those mountains. Though first, we would need something that can help protect us from the shadow's effects." The blue vixen seemed to be in thought before she glanced over to Zaul and Sheena. "Mana plays a key factor with opposing the shadows, right? Does this mean that we would have to use a mana-induced attack in order to destroy this source, whatever it could be?"

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User Image
♪♫ Tear Grants ♫♪
Mystearica Aura Fende

Currently With: Raine

So there was someone at the seal, keeping it locked with the mana of his very life. Apparently this Sacred Stone was amplifying his power. Tear frowned at the thought on how dangerous it sounded. "That sounds very risky. Could that potentially kill him?" She then noted the perplexed look Raine was making regarding if such demons exist. It was indeed something to keep in mind. If beings from other worlds can easily appear in Aselia like with herself, Elize, Alvin and the others, there was no telling what else could arrive as well.

The Melodist gave a slight nod as Raine mentioned that mana was the foundation of all living things as well as the elements. It was the same concept with fonons. She then listened as Raine spoke about Derris-Kharlan. It did had her curious as to why the Elves decided to leave their homeworld to stay in Aselia instead. Perhaps Aselia had something more than what Derris-Kharlan could provide. However, it would seem that there were those who decided to move to the wandering planet prior to the wandering planet going away. There was definitely alot to learn. More questions grew in her mind, yet she decided to hold off on them for now. Like with Raine, Tear felt that she didn't want to take any more of Raine's time than necessary. "I could imagine it must be hard on those Half-Elves to leave what they had here behind, but I do hope for the best for them and for Derris-Kharlan's flourishment. Were any of them friends of yours?"

Tear then frowned a bit regarding the topic of Replicas. "Sadly, there have been some discrimination against human replicas, mostly because of the actions of someone. There have even been more than one Replica of the same person." She said. "One of my companions is a Replica. He and his original counterpart had difficulty getting along because the latter resented him for taking over his life. They also have trained under the same mentor, the one responsible for the whole thing." Despite her own feelings regarding Van's involvement with Replicas, she kept her composure as she spoke.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:30 pm
User Image
Rose
The Dark Dragoon

Currently With: Herself

The trek to Meltokio was a bit uneventful aside from a couple of monster encounters, which she assumed were the native wildlife in this world. Rose didn't feel the need to use her Dragoon form to deal with these creatures. Entering the city, the Dark Dragoon looked around for a moment. It was a huge city, probably about as big as Fletz and Bale. If Dart and the others were here, she could assume they would be gathered at the inn. However, with them being in an entirely different world, she was uncertain if the natives would accept Gold as far as renting a room is concerned, let alone buying supplies.

Entering the inn, it didn't seem like anyone was there. She can only hope that there was someone in the city who may have seen her companions. She would then approach the innkeeper.

"Welcome to Meltokio, traveler. Would you be renting a room for the night?" The innkeeper asked.

Rose had thought about it, but again she can't be certain if Gold was accepted as payment. Though for now, her search took a higher priority. "Not at the moment." She said in a calm tone. "Have a traveling party came here?"

"Now that you mentioned it, there was a group that was here earlier. I overheard them mentioning that they were heading over the noble district. If you're lucky, you might be able to catch up to them." The innkeeper said with a smile before giving directions to where said district was. The Dark Dragoon gave a nod in thanks before she left the inn, and started to make her way to the noble district.

(( Emil & Aeris are coming up next, and will be meeting Rose soon. wink ))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Image
Hiei
Wielder of the Dragon

Currently With: Genis

Half-Elf? Now that was something Hiei was unfamiliar with. It would seem the boy had the impression that the three-eyed demon was an inhabitant of this world. "Never heard of Half-Elves. I am not of this world." He said, noting the look Genis was making. It was also apparent that boy wasn't aware that Hiei was a demon, though he could give him credit that he was able to make the assumption that he wasn't human or a Half-Elf. Then again, he had learned to keep his demonic power concealed. "You're pretty smart for a kid. I'm neither human or Half-Elf. I am a demon from the Demon World." It was then he heard the boy's next questions. "There were others I have encountered who were also not of this world either. A couple of humans and a fox-like creature." Despite that he didn't sense anything from Crow before, the latter's appearance would be best described as a human. "Along the way here, the three of them have disappeared just recently. I'm what's left of that small group."  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:34 pm
Rhone Craft, Solaire of Astora, and ...Temmie.
Location: Sybak | Company: Someone from here? I think? Also someone decidedly...not. (Kratos and Azura.)

Once in Sybak Rhone takes a deep breath with his eyes closed.

"Ahh, back home at last... It's been a while..."

Before he could fully enjoy his moment, however, he noticed a muffled voice coming from his coat. He takes the paired communicator to the one he gave Yuan and tosses it into the air before holding his hand out, using mana to suspend it in front of the group so Yuan could be heard by everyone.

"Hey, you might want to-"
"Uwawawawa!"

Temmie quickly hopped onto Rhone's shoulder and stretched one of her paws towards the crystal, poking it a few times.

"Tem has never seen something so shiny! Even in colleg!"

"Temmie, please! It's what we're using to talk to a friend somewhere else. It may be important."
"Oh. Okeh. Tem sorry."

She shrinks back to normal, but stays on Rhone's shoulder, her face moving back and forth between looking at him and the communicator.

"As I was saying... If you said anything important, you might want to repeat it. You were sorta talking to my torso."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
Aeris Gainsborough & Emil Castagnier
The Flower Girl & The Knight of Ratatosk

Currently With: No one else => Rose

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

"Now what do we do?" Aeris asked Emil as she glanced at the blonde male while they walked out from the noble district. The disappearances of Sesshomaru and Rin was still shocking to her. First Seras, and now Sesshomaru and Rin. The thought of being the next to disappear sounded frightening to her. She was unsure if she would be back to her world or at yet another world like Aselia.

Emil noted the worry in the female Ancient's eyes, and he couldn't help but feel sympathetic for her. He was unsure if the same thing would happen to her as well, but for the time being, he didn't mind helping her out. "What did you plan to do? I mean, I really don't mind helping you out." He said with a small smile.

"Are you sure, Emil?" She asked with a frown. "I feel like I've already been keeping you away from your original task long enough." She did felt bad that he already spent all of his Gald with renting rooms for her, Seras, Sesshomaru, and Rin at the inn. Now they have disappeared, she felt even worse that he spent his money for nothing.

He shook his head a bit. "No, not at all. You are foreign to this world, and I can't just leave you like that."

Emil was right. She would need some help with returning to Gaia ((Not to be confused with Azura's world.)), as well as finding Cloud and the others. "I appreciate the help, Emil." She said with a smile. "I'll help you in anyway I can with your shadow problem while we're at it." It was then something else came to her mind. "Oh right! Your friend! Were you able to speak with her? I hope with what happened didn't cause a problem."

"It's actually no problem at all." Emil said with a smile. "She told me that her brother is here in the city. He might be able to help us out as well if we can catch him." It would be an opportunity to check and see if Zelos had learned anything new regarding the shadows if they were to meet with him. Then again, with Aeris around, it won't be surprising if the red-haired Chosen attempted to flirt with the female Ancient. "I must warn you though...he is quite a flirt when it comes to women...." He said, making a sheepish expression.

"Oh dear...." It was Aeris' turn to make a sheepish expression. If anything, she hoped that he wasn't as bad as Don Corneo. "Should we wait back at that mansion then? If he lives here with his sister, then it would make the search easier." Plus she didn't mind looking around in the noble district for a moment longer. It wasn't like anything she had seen in Midgar. That and the gardens in the district were very beautiful. It was then she caught notice of a woman wearing dark clothing coming up the stairs. She had jet black hair and pale skin. Aeris frowned for a moment as she sensed something dark coming from her.

Emil had also caught notice of this woman as well, though he was unsure what to make of her. From the looks of her, she seemed to be a very experienced warrior. She seemed to coming their way, well more like heading for the noble district. Did she know any of the nobles here? Did Zelos know her? He himself had never seen this woman before though. Could she be an otherworlder as well? "Um...Excuse me, Miss?" The blonde male asked as he approached her slowly. "Are you looking for someone?"

Rose stopped in her tracks as Emil approached her. "Yes, I am. I was told there was a group that heading for this part of the city. I don't suppose you have seen them by any chance?"

Aeris frowned upon hearing the woman's response. Was she friends with Seras or perhaps Sesshomaru and Rin? "I'm afraid you might be out of luck if you're looking for friends. Myself and Emil here are the only ones left of that group you were looking for. Three of our companions have mysteriously disappeared for some odd reason." The female Ancient said. "I'm assuming you're an otherworlder as well? If so, are you friends with a blonde girl named Seras, a silver-haired man named Sesshomaru, or maybe a little girl named Rin by any chance?" If this woman was from the same world as one of the others', then perhaps she and Emil could at least let her know what became of her companions.

So it would seem that Dart and the others weren't here afterall. Rose shook her head in response to Aeris' question. "I don't know these people you mentioned, but I am not of this world. Like you, I was traveling with a group before they ended up disappearing as well."

Both Emil's and Aeris' eyes widen upon hearing the news. "Your companions disappeared too? Were they from other worlds as well?"

"Most of them were, save for one. A pirate named Yohan. We were going to head for a place called Sybak, but we figured we would come here first. The others were an alchemist named Roy, a young boy named Hiccup, a black dragon named Toothless, and a white dragon named Mikhail." The Dark Dragoon said.

Emil glanced over to Aeris as Rose spoke as to who was in her group prior to their disappearances. "Are any them people you know, Aeris?" He asked, in which the female Ancient shook her in response. Frowning a bit, he shifted his gaze back to Rose. "If you want, you can come with us. We're going to meet a friend of mine who can help in this situation." He then would make a small friendly smile. "I'm Emil Castagnier, a native from this world. This is Aeris. Like you, she's an otherworlder as well."

Rose nodded her head in acknowledgement. "I'm Rose. I'm from a world called Endiness."

Aeris gave a kind smile to Rose. "It's nice to meet you, Rose. Like Emil said, I'm Aeris. Aeris Gainsborough, and I'm from a world called Gaia."

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

((Edited to add in Rose's stuff and thangs on here. :3 ))  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:34 pm
User ImageUser Image
Kratos Aurion and Azura Cantarella
The Traitor to Heaven and the Wolf of Azure Shadow
Location: Open Field > Sybak, South Entrance | Company: Rhone, Solaire

Azura had a quiet giggle to herself at Temmie's antics before Yuan began.

"I've just received word from Sheena. She's encountered a handful of people from other worlds who have mysteriously turned up here...and in a short time, have inexplicably vanished. It's got me wondering how your lot is holding up."

"I see. Only Seishin is no longer with us. This seems beyond mere coincidence."

"Right. No further conclusions can be drawn about it. There wasn't even any sort of shift in mana when they all disappeared, as affirmed by someone Sheena was speaking with. Moving on, she has also witnessed a new Shadow of Corruption emerge. At the edge of its area of coverage are the towns of Luin, Asgard, and Hima."

Kratos and Azura's eyes slightly widened at this news, the latter putting a hand to her mouth.

Yuan continued. "These recent observations of one who was able to sense the movement of mana as well as witness accounts of those who were involved in evacuating the towns are giving more ground to our theory that there must be some kind of source at the center of these shadows. You are still going through with your investigation, yes?" Remembering how dramatically Rhone described his hallucinations in the shadow, he was checking if anyone was starting to have second thoughts by now.

Azura discreetly jolted as something shrill suddenly began ringing in her ears. It was a continuous tone that was as grating as nails on a chalkboard, and she was getting goosebumps from it. She folded her arms in a self-hug as if she were trying to comfort herself from a fit of shivering as she tried to ignore the disturbance and listen on to the conversation, furrowing her brow in concentration.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:34 pm
Jade Curtiss / Zaul Oleander / Sheena Fujibayashi
The Necromancer | The One-Eyed Gunman | The Chief of Mizuho

Sheena almost wanted to glare at Pascal. Almost. When she heard the word "cannon", her mind jumped to "mana cannon" which was definitely an awful idea at this time. "What kind of cannon do you have in mind, Pascal?" she asked. She took it that no one's explained to her about this world's situation yet, so she added sternly, "If it's an energy cannon then I'm afraid I can't allow it. It would drain too immensely from the world's mana and might even make the shadows expand farther."

It was Zaul that answered Krystal. "Makes sense, but it'd have to be an attack point blank with th' source 'cause tryin' to amplify a spell to have enough power to fire at a great distance 's just as bad as makin' a mana cannon to do it. Too much drain."

Sheena nodded. "It is as Zaul says. I could actually do such a thing with the Summon Spirits at my command, but I'm aware of the consequences."

"Let's not count out the possibility that the source of these shadows could be destroyed with physical means, Jade spoke up, "That narrows it down to the type of cannon that uses physical ammunition. One such cannon does have to be extremely large...Sheena, would you wager that enough resources exist to build one?"

"That are immediately obtainable? Honestly, no. I could pitch the idea but it'd take a lot of funding and all this logistics mess to get the required materials to this neck of the woods. It won't get done quickly, that's for sure. Still, it's kind of a better idea than a mana cannon..."

Sirea Angelie

APH-Fem Canada-APH

((It's not supposed to be too easy, sorry. And I actually plan for this shadow to be explored into at a later time.))  

ac-null13

Lupine Deadeye

10,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Midnight_Heiress

Lucky Lionheart

22,875 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:55 pm
User Image
Pascal
Amarcian Prodigy
♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋♋
Tower of Mana Ruins || Jade, Krystal, Sheena, Zaul

A pang of dread shot straight through her heart. The way Sheena shot a look at her could turn anyone to stone. "H-Hey, I was just making a suggestion." After listening to their arguments, Pascal had to rule out a cannon that uses artes. I guess this world is similar Fodra, but on a slower decline . . . and a billion times more lively. At least Aselia has all these people, plants and animals . . . but the decline of eleth- erm, mana- would mean jeopardizing too many.
Her thoughts leaned toward the physical ammunition cannon. Nothing she can't fix up, since cannons are rather rudamentary compared to a shuttle that can fly from one planet to another. Her fingers searched for another piece of paper as she began to draft. "It's not like it has to be huge. It just needs to get the job done and go ka-boom. Still . . . I wish I had my shuttle with me. Than I can mount the cannon to it and just fly or the shadowy places and hit its centre."

OOC: But what if we don't find an actual way to get rid of it?
Does that mean the RP will have to stop?

Zaul Oleander

Sirea Angelie

Organized Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas