Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miracle of Life: A Pregnancy Roleplaying Guild

Back to Guilds

A RP guild based around the joy of impending motherhood. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Pregnant, Maternity, Motherhood, Expectant 

Reply Viper's Corner of Old RPs
Idea: The Four Horsewomen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:05 pm
A friend recently started playing a pair of games called Darksiders (I and II). When I asked what the game was about I got a brief description of the storyline and the characters it involved, namely the four horsemen War, Death, Fury, and Strife. And before anybody says anything, yes I know the names vary, those are just the ones the Darksiders game uses (http://darksidersdungeon.net/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse). I tend to name them as War, Death, Pestilence, Famine.

Afterwards the conversation got me thinking, wouldn't each of the horsemen have an nemesis that was their opposite and they were equally matched in every way? For example, the opposite of War would be Peace. Death and Life. Feast and Famine. Pestilence and... I don't know, fill in the blank anyone? =P

I sorta carried on with the idea in my head during the day and came up with appearances/outfits for the three I listed. What do you think they might look like? Or what are your thoughts on the idea?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:36 pm
Pestilence and Purity as final horseman/woman.

(Idea nabbed via Fallen before she d/ced from guild chat. ^^) ninja

Pestilence and Prosperity (as a backup idea)

^ Suggested by random watcher on DA.

Fury and Serenity  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Stardust Drifter

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:16 pm
Hmmm...sound's wild...sound's crazy....I LOVE IT!!

yet what would they do? Since the four horsemen bring about the apocolypse?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:18 pm
its kind of cool  

Tanjobi Yosei

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:05 am
Stardust Drifter

Well they are the horsemen's opposites. Everything the horsemen do, they would seek to counter thus maintaining the worlds balance. For example, Death kills somebody, Life makes somebody else give birth.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:17 pm
IdleHQ
i love the idea. opposites for Death and War are easy; Life and Peace. Life i can see in a flowing white robe and wearing a veil over her head (kinda like a wedding dress, but not quite) and Life would be, what else, pregnant razz something closely knit to nature would probably suit her as well.
I'm not so sure about famine and pestilence. substituting feast for famine sounds to similar to calling her gluttony... which is is more akin to the 7 deadly sins. maybe bounty would fit better? though what she would look like i'm not sure (well endowed perhaps?)
as for pestilence... that's a real hard one. best i can think of would be health, cure, or purity. (nurse outfit? a little too cliche)
so what would these horsewoman be called as a group, to combat the horsemen of the apocalypse?

Famine and Pestilence both appear to have a variety of names they go by (or thats what I got from searching google and such). In the Darksiders series, one of the four horseMEN is a woman so I figured it could work the other way around as well with three women and one man (Feast being the man of the group). If nothing else I would leave Fury was one of the horsemen and its opposite would be Serenity.

In the time I've had this idea out and about, a few people have given me good ones for Pestilence's opposite, such as Purity or Prosperity.

I picked Life (of course being pregnant) but appearing very druid like, with like deep brown skin, vines for hair, and clothing from really soft tree bark or animal skins. Peace and Purity I imagined in white robes as well although I imagined them more in the style of greek goddesses.

As for a name... I never really gave it much thought but if I had to choose one off the top of my head as I type this, I would have to call them the Riders of Balance.  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:17 pm
Ooh, I really like this idea! Actually, you might find this reference useful:

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

The four horsemen are actually recorded in the Bible in Revelations. They symbolise things that are to happen, especially concerning End Times.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am
Meyaira Firespring

Oh I knew they was in the Bible as well. I was just working off the information from the Darksider stuff because it was more clearly written out and I didn't have to deal with a billion bible quotes every paragraph. =P

And thats another reason to create their opposites, their job is to thwart or at least counter everything the horsemen do.

My biggest problem is choosing which of the horsewomen to use. xD Because like Idle pointed out in his message, Feast and Famine lean more towards gluttony. Although I totally just got the picture of the greek god of feasting (Dionysos) riding about on a children's play horse cause a real horse wouldn't bear him. xD  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Quiet Sniper

Dangerous Glitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:02 pm
I quite like this idea. I adore the games.. played them to death and platinumed both.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:16 am
Deathstrike Darkmoon

Makes you sorta bummed that the studio that made em got bought out and we'll probably never seen Darksiders 3 or 4. xD  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Quiet Sniper

Dangerous Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:22 am
Viper 9000

Makes you sorta bummed that the studio that made em got bought out and we'll probably never seen Darksiders 3 or 4. xD

It is a little annoying, but sometimes more sequels can ruin a game. I like it when there is a BIG gap between sequels, it makes me more excited then. Thought I must admit, games like Assassin's Creed were written fully before the games, so having a game per year makes sense to churn out the story.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:50 am
Deathstrike Darkmoon

True, but if they are done right thats not the case. I thought the jump between Darksiders 1 and 2 was well done but I started on #2 and back tracked to #1 when I got stuck.

The only parts that got me (for the PC version) were the control instructions were tad bit vague and I disliked automatically starting with Death's horse. I liked how War had to find Ruin and bring it to heel again.  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Saeed Jama

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:54 am
Viper 9000

Death's horse wasn't as big an advantage in 2 as it was in 1. Aside from the faster map travel(made kinda pointless because of the fast travel), Death really only needed Despare when fighting the Guardian. After that, you really only used him to get around a little faster.
All that is opposed to 1, where Ruin was immensely important and served a key role in multiple boss battles. There is also the fact that, from the way Death's story went, they couldn't think of a good way to incorporate Despare as a good story element. He was just kinda there, and there really wasn't much to do with him.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 am
Requiem of the Phantom

Yeah, I noticed that and agree with you on everything you just said. I mean like the giant worm boss in Darksiders 1, there no way you could have done it without Ruin. Although I laughed when both War and Death find Strife's gun, cuz it seems he keeps loosing them.  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Viper's Corner of Old RPs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces