NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:29 pm
User Image

The first signs of daytime life filled the forest as waking birds began to chirp, alerting the rest of the forest that it was time to wake. Mystic was rarely ever awake at this early hour. But the journey she had recently returned from still left her so tired that she had gone to bed early and thus woke up much earlier than usual.

The sky was still very dark, the sun still hiding behind the horizon line. Mystic realized with a start that she'd never actually seen a good view of a sunrise.

Wasting no time, Mystic half jumped, half fluttered up to the lowest branch of a tree and began to climb in, hopping from limb to limb as she made her way to the top.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:40 pm
User ImageCharlie was, by definition, a morning fox. She woke up around the same time every morning, lived a very active daytime life that, sometimes, dipped into the nighttime, but she valued her sleep immensely.

Which is why she was a little surprised when she felt the tree she was napping in shake with the weight of another fox. Vaguely aware that she could be in danger, Charlie forced her eyes open and stretched her wings slowly, then dug her claws into the treebranch she was perched on and peered down at the intruder.

"Hi?" she greeted softly, blinking owlishly in the darkness. She--and it was a she, Charlie was pretty sure--was white and rainbowy and--woah, those wings! And--and was that a horn?

Had Charlie been interrupted by a winged Pegasus?

"Um, hello?" she tried a little louder, squirming around on the treebranch so she could get a better look. Her left wing was now pressed against the tree, but she was too curious about her new potential friend to notice any pain.

Charlie was a morning person, and she was suddenly totally awake.

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:01 am
She had only made it half way up the tree when Mystic heard a voice calling down from above her. Startled, she almost missed the branch she was hopping to. Her wings beat furiously to haul her up to the branch. Once she was stable, she turned her head upward to scan the tree for the voice. It didn't take her long to find the black and rainbow fox closer to the top of the tree.

At first all she noticed was the the vixen was much like herself, a solid color with a colorful pattern spread across it. But then she noticed the wings. The other foxes wings were not like her own. They looked strong and powerful and much more like the wings of a bird than her own almost insect wings.

"Hello there Bird-fox!" Mystic called out, excitement growing inside her. She had never met another winged fox before. Maybe she was also here for the sunrise. "Did you choose this tree to watch the sun rise in too?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:47 pm
Charlie grinned brightly at the other fox, glad she hadn't been so surprised she fell out of the tree, although she did have to flap her fairy-like wings to keep steady.

"What? Oh, no, but I might as well now that I'm up," Charlie smiled simply, the kind that wrinkled her eyes and made her tail swish. "Come and join me~" she invited, scooching more and pulling her wings tight to her body. "Can you fly with your wings?" she asked. She had never heard of a fox with wings not being able to fly, but they didn't look all that sturdy to Charlie, and she didn't want this fox trying to fly and end up plummeting to the ground below.

When the fox had joined her, Charlie grinned brightly. "I've never watched a sunrise from this high up before," she confessed, whole body wiggling with excitement now. It made the tree shake a little dangerously, but both she and the other female--whose name she really needed to learn--were safely perched on the branch, which felt thick and sturdy beneath her paws.

And that definitely was a horn protruding from her face. And her hair was long and beautiful and she had lovely jewelry hanging all over body. Charlie realized with a whoosh of surprise that this other fox may have been the prettiest vixen she had ever seen.

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:10 pm
Why had she been in the tree if not for the sunrise? Mystic made a mental note to ask the other fox once she got to it's branch. Upon hearing the invitation, Mystic began to climb faster, hopping from branch to branch.

"No, not really." She called up as she neared the branch. Her bell jingled merrily with each movement of the climb. "I can hoover with them, enough to get me off the ground or suspended in the air instead of falling, but I can't keep it up for long."

Finally she climbed onto the branch with the other vixen. Up close, Mystic noticed that the other fox was bigger than she was and that her wings were much larger as well. Mystic felt for a moment like she was looking at her complete opposite reflecting back at her in a mirror. This bird-fox was big with big strong wings and a dark coat mixed with it's rainbows. But she was small with tiny fragile wings and a white coat mixed with the rainbow.

Somewhere inside her she knew she should be jealous. Any other fox when comparing themselves with their opposite would get jealous, at least a little bit. But Mystic was far from it. She was purely intrigued and excited to learn about someone so different.

"I've never watched a sunrise from this high up before either." Mystic replied, excitement ringing in her voice. She didn't mind the wavering of the tree, her wings fluttered furiously whenever she needed balance and hardly even noticed it. Until she looked down. "I'm not sure I've ever even been up this high before."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:31 pm
"It's a lot hotter up here, when you're flying, than when you're on the ground," Charlie answered. "When you're up this high, I mean," she added, then stifled a huge yawn--she had just woken up, after all.

"Please, excuse me," she said, smiling sheepishly, as she didn't want to seem rude. "I just woke up," she explained, rolling her shoulders to stretch them out, since she couldn't stretch her wings out without knocking the fairy-fox off her perch.

"My name's Charlie," she added as an afterthought, just as the sun began to turn from a blue the color of her darkest stars to the tealish-blueish of the middle section of her wings.

The thoughts of her own pattern brought her attention to that of her new friend; she was beautiful, that was undeniable, but the similarities between their looks were surprising; where Charlie had stars, her new friend had swatches of rainbows that were freckled with white. Charlie quite liked it--in fact, she almost envied it, because her friend's pattern was subtle and understated. She liked it.

"What's your name?"

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:32 am
"Really?" Mystic asked with true curiousity. "I've always thought it was cooler the higher up you went. But it's hotter to fly up here? Interesting." She paused in the conversation to think about the tempeture of where she sat now and where she normally hoovered about. How did foxes such as her new friend manage to fly in the hotter air and enjoy it so much?

Before she had a chance to asked, she realized the conversation had already moved on. "That's alright. I apologize if I woke you up by climbing your tree."

She turned her attention to the sunrise as the sun was beginning to rise now. "That's a pretty name." Mystic replied without looking at the other female. "It suits your pretty colors."

Finally she broke her gaze on the horizen to look at the bird-fox next to her. "My name is Mystic."  
RP Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games