Kickback and Relax~ [Lily x Harlequinn]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:06 pm
User Image She was going to set fire to the forest.

Okay, no, to be fair she wasn't even sure how'd she go about it. She was simply frustrated, an emotion she was often victim to. Why had she been born with such a pessimistic, defeated attitude to life? Why couldn't she be like her beloved adopted mother; sweet and gentle. No, instead she was this little frustrated vixen who couldn't handle defeat very well.

Speaking of defeat... The forest was now her victim due to the fact she had lost a bet with her aunt. It had been the third bet lost and she was honestly tired of this game. It hadn't quite dawned on her that maybe her aunt only played this game because of the fact Lily could never win. No. All that she realized was that again, for the third time, she was the loser and now out of a free evening. Her punishment? She had to go find some blueberries, which was both hard to find here and probably only seen once or twice within this forest.

"Blueberries, of all things!" Ugh. If only she had a partner in this. When was the last time Lily just played? Ha. Play. Like that was a thing... Lily didn't really have friends. No, it wasn't because she was a b***h. She was actually rather nice, if a tad competitive. She just hadn't met anyone other than family, and to hell was she befriending her cousins! Those crazy lot often annoyed her to no end when they came around, mostly because Lily couldn't get a word in whenever they went off on their tangets. Especially the twins.... they were the worse...

If only she could just make one friend. Her mother constantly wished she'd bring home a mate, but the idea of mating was far more laughable. Mate? If she didn't have a single friend why did anyone expect the little downer to ever bring home a life-partner?

But, forget that nonsense. She seriously needed to find those blueberries.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:25 pm
User ImageHarley was having an awesome day. He was on his way to meet up with his sister, and then he was gonna try to track down his kids and maybe hang out with them in a while. 'Cause he hadn't seen them since they were, like, teenagers, and it was totally plausible that they had mates of their own at some point.

Their father, of course, was still single. But that's okay, he didn't pay it that much mind, really. That wasn't what he was made for in this world--well, it was, because he totally wanted to be mated someday, but he wasn't like obsessed with it. With the whole 'getting mated' thing. His priorities consisted of having fun and meeting new people and his family, although not necessarily in that order.

He was taking a nice leisurely prance through the forest when he saw her--grey-white and red, looking thoroughly pissed off as though the forest had done something to offend her.

She looked like she needed a good cheering up, and that was totally Harlequinn's area of expertise.

"Hey!" He called out, bouncing over to her, light on his spotted feet. "Hi! Are you okay? You look kinda upset, do you need help with something?" Harle asked, tilting his head with a friendly smile just as his tail swished behind him. "My name's Harlequinn! What's yours?"

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:45 pm
Blueberries.... Blueberries... Agh deities dammit! That stupid, sparkly, fool of a vixen had sent her on this quest simply to get rid of her, hadn't she?! Now it made sense! Her aunt wanted alone time with Lily's mother. Well, hell with it, she was not going to play this game any long-

Who the hell was that?

Lily practically jumped when, out of nowhere, a black, white, and pink male approached. No. Not approached-- bounced over. She didn't know how to respond at first, eyes blinking slowly at him as if he had just dumped a bucket of water over himself. His tail swished and a smile rose. It was not returned. Instead, he was rewarded with a puzzled stare that turned into a series of curious blinks before, finally, he was given an answer.

"I... wha... huh?" Okay, so he had asked a series of questions. She had to mentally backtrack to remember each at first. Even her mother didn't ask so many questions! "I'm fine, just looking for something... Do I need help? Well, I guess, if you could tell me where to find blueberries." Harlequinn. What a unique name. Not like hers, which was just a simply flower.

Wait. This was the first time someone not family had approached her! At this realization a slight smile broke onto her face, tail wagging gently. Oh! Oh was this person someone new? "Lily. I'm Lily."

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:47 pm
"Lily! It's nice to meet you, Lily," he said, forcing himself to hit the breaks at least a little, because he could tell that he was talking at like a hundred miles an hour and totally freaking her out (whoops).

"You need blueberries?" he asked, his smile widening. "I happen to be an expert on blueberries," he puffed out his chest playfully and struck a pose--that is, until his straight face broke and he started laughing. "I'd love to help find some. It'll be like a game of hide-n-seek with Mother Nature! It'll be fun," he added with his wining smile again.

"C'mon! Maybe there's some this way!" He said after a few beats, bounding further into the bush.

He knew he must seem insane. He knew that. But he wasn't--he was just trying to get her to smile. He was just trying to let her have some fun with her chore. He loved helping people, he loved making people smile, and he loved--he just loved people.

(And, if he was being totally honest, he also loved ladies, and this one seemed perfectly nice.)

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:36 pm
Her name being spilled from another's mouth caused a sudden and light blush to touch her cheeks, tail twitching in a mild joy. It was nice meeting a stranger! Someone new, someone not family. Never had she heard her name being said by a male, either. A rather hyper, joyful male, but still of the opposite sex.

"Expert on blueberries? There's such a thing?" Ah, he was just goofing off, wasn't he? His expression and sudden break into laughter caused the uptight vixen to shake her head in a startled fashion, ears pricked up and eyes widening. Surely he wasn't always this happy, right? What was there to be so happy about these days? He seemed as if, by some pure luck, he had been rewarded with a prize. Yet he hadn't. He was just speaking to her-- a grey-white and red vixen who barely smiled herself. Why was he so happy?

Yet, she found herself briskly chasing after him when, without warning, he bounded into the bushes. He wasn't annoying, no. He was different, and strangely friendly. Was he not wary of strangers? He had just bounded over to her, skipping merrily along the way, and offered his assistance without a promise of reward. Weird! Weird weird weird! But maybe she needed weird.

"You're awfully excited. Do you really like blueberries or something?" It hadn't dawned on her that maybe, unlike her, he was just a merry male. Did such people even exist?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:32 pm
Harle laughed and shook his head, enjoying that his joke had gone over well enough to prompt one in return. It was usually around that point that people decided whether or not he was worth it or if he was just another bumbling fumbling idiot.

"I just like helping people!" Harle answered simply, tail swishing behind him. "And of course there's such a thing as a blueberry expert. I'm a thing, aren't I?" he grinned innocently, then stopped sharply and pointed with his paw.

"Look! Blueberries! See, toldja I'm an expert," he laughed and walked with her to get them, then gingerly plucked them away from their parent plant and held them between his teeth.

Around the branch, he said, "For you, my lady," he bowed playfully and smoothly, then stood up straighter and smiled again. "Do we need to find any more blueberries, Lady Lily?" he asked, tilting his head slightly; he would like the chance to get to know her better.

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:16 am
She had been about to retort, then his paw raised and pointed at something. Her eyes flicked, ears twitching as a smile burst across her face in relief. Oh, there they were! Aha! Take that, stupid red aunt! With a flick of her tail the vixen approached, paw raising to touch the strange plant. Now that she thought about it she realized that she hadn't ever really seen blueberries on a plant before. When her mother brought them home it was always on their own... Having Harlequinn help her had probably been the best gift possible. She would have spent days trying to find these berries, and without knowing exactly where they came from would have been utter hell.

"Eh?" Soft red eyes widened in surprise as he suddenly plucked a branch and, with a smooth line she hadn't heard before, bowed before her and returned to his standing position. She obviously was unused to such a playful fox, taking a second or two to recollect herself before, again, she was caught off guard. Lady Lily? Wait, why was he calling her that? Well, she was a lady, so it fit, right?

More? Hell no! She wasn't about to give her aunt a buffet! However, if she left just now she'd be leaving a potential new friend, wouldn't she? She finally had met another fox, and they found her interesting enough to stay and even joke around with her. Maybe giving her aunt a buffet wasn't that bad...

"I'm sure my mother would like some, now that I think about it." She mumbled gently, slightly nervous. Did the other fox always act like this with everyone? Did he find her boring? She was, wasn't she?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:34 pm
"Then we'll keep hunting~" Harle said with a bright grin, ears and tail pricking up again. "Would she want some strawberries, too? I saw some back over there," he nodded vaguely toward the way he had just come from, then turned his attention back to her. "Actually, maybe you're right. Maybe we should just get more blackberries first, so we don't have to go back and forth," Harlequinn answered his own question, nodding in satisfaction.

"C'mon," he said pushing further into the bushes. "What's your mom like, then?" he asked, peering back at her as he walked. He almost ran into a tree as he was doing so, but he quickly halted and changed paths...only to trip over a root of that particular tree and fall flat on his face.

Spitting out dirt, Harle rolled onto his back and peered up at Lily, who was staring at him--whether it was concern or merely surprise he couldn't quite tell--but he smiled to show he was alright. Now that he looked at her, actually, she was kinda pretty.

"I fell down," he said simply, smiling again. "Good thing I'm not that far from the ground anyway. And the grass is actually super comfortable," he added as an afterthought, a grin widening still. "Howcome we don't just lay around more? People should just relax sometimes, you know?"

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:14 pm
His grin was infectious, her own frown turning into a slight and surprised smile. He mentioned strawberries, but quickly changed ideas in a blink of the eye. How fast did this guy think?! It was slightly amusing, she had to admit. And refreshing, in a way.

With a flick of her ears, Lily padded after him. The question caused a single wag of her tail, an affectionate love flickering through her heart for her beloved mother. "Mom? She's really sweet. She's a pushover sometimes, but she has my aunt to ensure nothing bad happens. She adopted me when my BCR was left by itself nearb- Look out!" The vixen winced as the male almost walked into a tree, relieved when he changed paths and... Oh that had to hurt.

She stared at him in complete shock, then concern until he seemed physically fine. Slowly, she began to smile at the sheer absurdity of the males bad luck. A giggle escaped, eyes widening and cheeks becoming a healthy red as she realized how absolutely girly that had sounded. Ick, no. Flicking her tail to cover the amused gin, the vixen flicked an ear at his words. How come? Well, nothing would get done if everyone took a break here and there, right? Did she ever stop to just relax? Did she even know how?

"Well, if everyone took a break here and there then wouldn't life be a lot slower? Nothing would be done." She viewed him as he laid down, ears flicking and paws slowly sliding down until her stomach touched the ground. Was this relaxing?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:35 pm
"Things will still get done," he assured her, rolling onto his side so he could see her better. "But you need to take a break sometimes," he explained, "or else you'll go nuts! You can't work all the time," he repeated, nodding emphatically.

"You just can't." He sighed happily and tilted his head up as the breeze trickled through the trees and found them, bristling his fur gently across his body. "Life can't be all work and no play. Even if the playing is just chilling out and relaxing, takin' a break,"

He peered at her then, grey and smiling but still looking mildly uncomfortable like she didn't know what to do. "It's okay. You're not gonna get in trouble or somethin'," he added, hoping to get her to actually relax--because taking a break wouldn't do her any good if she didn't actually take a break.

"Were you telling me about your family?" he asked after a few minutes, hoping to distract her and relax her at the same time.

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:05 pm
Frowning at the male, she flicked her eyes up to view the sky before sighing in defeat. Fine. Maybe his proposal did sound nice. Relaxing was something she just didn't have time for.... but maybe she'd indulge for once.

"I've done it all my life." She muttered back, flicking her tail over her paws and resting her chin on her arm. Sighing gently, she caught him peering and stuck her tongue out before deciding to spread out and just relax. Her muscles loosened and a tiny sigh escaped her. Well, okay. He was right. It was actually really, really nice.

Her family? Her tail flicked and a smile rose as she curled up quietly. Her ears flicked back and she rolled onto her back, shoulders shrugging.

Yeah. My mom is very sweet. She has a... boyfriend? But he doesn't come down much. And my aunt is her twin, and more rough around the edges. She has a 'Daeva mate and a few kids who I see once in awhile, I guess."

RP Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games