NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:55 pm
User Image

Ugh. Bright eyes scanned the area searching for anything that would indicate where he was. He had gotten so caught up in the chase the previous night and had collapsed at the first clearing he found. But it was not a clearing he had ever visited before. Why are there so many flowers here? It's so pretty. Agni snarled at the scene before him. So many colors and life and peace and harmony. It was enough to make any 'Daeva sick to their stomach.

Birds called to each other in the trees and Agni whipped his head up to glare at them but turned away quickly as the morning sun shown down brightly in his eyes. He hid his eyes under his paw as he stretched out his wings. There was a numbness in his back right paw and a tingling in his leg.

He groaned and rolled over onto his side. This day was not starting off well. It was almost as if he'd woken up in a perfect fantasyland nightmare. All that this place needed was a dumb modifox frolicing around. Agni shivered at the thought.

Slowly, he rose and shook himself. He needed to decide what he was going to with his day. The dark 'Daeva needed a pick me up after such an awful awakening.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:35 pm
User ImageVatra was having a good day. She'd had a good hunt the night before and had awoken with a full body and with the sun. She also hadn't seen a single Modifox, which generally imrpoved her mood, since other foxes were idiots.

And then she saw him. A huge hulking Modidaeva with a possible bum paw, glaring at the offending sun, now high and bright in the sky. She felt a smirk come to her lips, revealing sharp teeth beneath black fur. Vatra could tell the male was in a shitty mood, and a normal fox probably would've avoided a 'Daeva in a mood, but she had grown up with 'Daevas in moods. Constantly. She'd been raised by one.

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty," Vatra called from another corner of the field, smirk still in place. "You're lucky no passing fox tried to take advantage of your defenselessness," she added, grinning because she knew it would likely rile him up.

Vatra liked riling people up.

"What crawled up your flaming rear?"

Today was going to be a good day.

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:40 pm
First it was being surrounded by flowers when he woke up. Then there was his leg that he'd slept on wrong and the damn thing was asleep and numb. Along with that was all the birds and sunshine. And now this. Speak of a normal fox and one shall appear.

With a grunt, Agni mentally cursed his luck. At first, he wanted to just walk away from the unfolding situation but the grin on her face quickly changed his mind. This fox must be dumber than the others if she was going to taunt him. This vixen obviously had a death wish. That or she was utterly crazy.

"I might have been asleep," He said, compelled to stand up for himself. "but I assure you that I am never defenseless." Agni eyed the vixen once before adding, "Unlike you." His sharp teeth gleamed a little in the sunlight as he gave her his best intimidating smile.

Agni did decide though to blow off her question. He had already learned his lesson to leave any sentences with "flaming" and '"rear" in them alone and not take that bait.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:26 pm
Vatra actually laughed--which would have been a lovely sound, if the bitter edge hadn't been present. This 'Daeva was like so many others of his kind--assuming and idiotic and prone to underestimating normals and, undoubtedly, females.

"I am never defenseless," she retorted with a smirk. "And if you're attempting to frighten me, you'll need to try harder than that. I could probably outrun you at this rate." She was mostly kidding, of course, but she knew her way around these woods and had already found several hiding-places just in case an event such as this should arise--they did, fairly often, for the young female.

"What's your name, 'Daeva? I like to know who I'm bantering with. And if he's worth my time or not," she gave him an appraising once over; although he wasn't drop-dead gorgeous, he certainly wasn't an ugly fox. She wondered if he was full-blood 'Daeva or not, and if he was the type to eat any potential young.

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:31 am
As soon as her first sentence was spoken, Agni's big bad 'Daeva pose was dropped. He laid back down on the ground, the leg that had been asleep now facing upwards, the feeling was starting to come back to it. He knew she probably could outrun him and that it probably wasn't worth his efforts anyway.

There was something almost comforting about this fox. Most female vixens he'd run into were either ditzy and dumb, or scared and defensive. This fox was neither. She had a confidence to her. A confidence he knew of well as it ran in his bloodline. The confidence and fearlessness of a 'Daeva.

That was it. He glanced at her again. The bitter laugh, the arrogance, the smirk. She must be of 'Daeva blood.

Agni couldn't help but look at her with pitty as he reached his conclusion. His brother had mated with a normal fox and had normal children. Although they had 'Daeva blood and attitude, they would forever be tainted by their normal...ness...Agni wondered if normalness was even a word.

"Eh. It's no fun to frighten a vixen who knows how to take a 'Daeva beating." Agni said with a shrug. He had no will to intimidate her now, she was probably used to it, just like his nieces and nephews. "I am not worth your time because I do not care to banter with wingless mixed bloods." It was a term he had started using when his brother had kits. He was unsure of their mothers lineage and had no idea just how much 'Daeva blood was in them. Or where their weird fire thing came from. So he had taken to calling them mixed bloods since they weren't half breeds. It wasn't exactly an insult, just a hard truth he often pointed out to them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:35 pm
Vatra tilted her head slightly as he slumped down; she had succeeded in showing him that she was no ordinary normal, then, and he knew not to tussle with her. Still, he was writing her off entirely, which was a different kind of unacceptable.

"Then we won't banter," Vatra said simply, moving forward to close the gap between them. "We could have a conversation, like civilized foxes," she suggested, glancing at his paw briefly. "Is it hurt or just doing that nettling feeling?" she asked; she identified more with her 'Daeva parent than her normal, but that didn't mean she couldn't be kind if something was actually wrong.

Vatra, now that she was closer, had a chance to study this 'Daeva more closely; he seemed bored, now, and kind of disinterested. As glad as she was to have out-battled him with words, there was something about him that made her hesitant to just move on. She wanted to see if, truthfully, he was worth her time. He didn't seem like some of the more idiot 'Daevas she'd met, who fought even when they knew it was pointless or when they were in the wrong, nor did he seem like the 'Daevas who acted more like 'Phims than what they actually were. It was an interesting phenomenon, and it made her want to learn more.

Besides, she rationalized, if he wanted her to leave, he was still completely capable of getting rid of her if he wanted.

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:01 am
Agni let out a loud groan. "Ugh. Civilized conversations." The thought brought to mind his brother Ki. Ki had always been the one for civilized conversations and always managed to turn it around and make Agni look dumb in front of everyone else.

"Bad things come from civilized talk. Like you for example, mixed blood." It was the same civilized talk that brought his nieces and nephews into the world. He liked them as far as their personalities were concerned. The ones that were normal were decent enough for being normals. But he still didn't like the fact they existed. His family wasn't the purest 'Daeva line, he knew, but that didn't matter. Mating with normals was gross and shouldn't happen. Sadly, Agni often took our his hate for the parents mistakes on their children, as was the case now.

Normal foxes made him uncomfortable so he insulted them to make them leave. Sometimes he crossed the line and went to far with his insults be he had taught himself not to care for the feelings of normals long ago. Two of his brothers had failed to continue their 'Daeva line. Agni had to be the 'Daeva the normals feared to make his father and mother proud.

"Just that nettling feeling." He said after a sigh, looking away from her. Even if she did come from a 'Daeva family, standing up to one you didn't know was somewhat respectable to Agni. He wiggled his toes, feeling returning to his leg and paw.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:32 pm
Vatra laughed again, and this time without the sarcastic, angry edge; a sound filled with happiness, actually, like she actually thought the comment was amusing. She did; it was funny.

"I won't say I'm a good thing," she conceded after a moment, a wry smile on her face. "But I'm not a bad thing just because I have one normal and one 'Daeva parent," she added, arching an eyebrow at him. "If I'm a bad thing, it's on me, not my parents."

"And what about you, hm?" she asked, tail flicking behind her, making her chain rattle and clink gently. "Are you a good thing just because you're a 'Daeva? That's awful species-ist, don't you think?" she was teasing now, although it was a serious question--this guy seemed too aloof to care so much about whether or not someone had wings. "Do you really think that highly of yourself?"

Because she was kind of curious about this guy; for all he was down on her, that didn't necessarily mean he was or wasn't down on himself too. Grandma Marina always said that people were often cruel if people had been cruel to them, and while Vatra didn't buy that out of hand, she was curious to see if ti was true with this particular 'Daeva.

Then again, if he was just an egotistical a*****e...there was a different kind of fun to be had there.

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:45 pm
A smile spread across his muzzle. Agni couldn't help himself; this vixen had spunk. She didn't get upset, just agreed with what was truth and laughed the rest off it seemed.

"Of course I do." Agni said as he sat up nice and tall and stretched out his wings. "How can someone who looks this good not think highly of themselves?" He had always thought he was the one with the best looks out of his brothers. And since two of them mated with normals, he was not only the one with the best looks, but also the one with the best 'Daeva reputation.

"It depends on what you consider good or bad. I was born of two 'Daeva parents making me a wonderful full blooded 'Daeva. Many foxes don't like 'Daeva's and would see that as a bad thing." He paused and his expression fell. "Normal foxes and 'Phim's want to spread happiness and joy and love and peace and life everywhere. No fighting, no wild fires, no stealing, no bad things." He paused to roll his eyes and draw his wings back in to him.

"But I see it as a good thing. I am a bringer of death and destruction which is needed to balance out life. Call it species-ist if you like but I like to live up to the name of the 'Daeva line because that is what I am and that is my roll." His words were mostly filled with pride, but a twinge of sadness was buried within them.

"Do you have a roll in life? Or are you just another normal fox?" The words were almost a challenge but mostly curious. She had nearly gone out of her way to talk to him, Agni figured, so he might as well see if she really wanted a conversation.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:42 pm
Vatra snorted; she may be many things, but she wasn't 'just' anything. "I'm still trying to find my role in life," she admitted, but didn't reveal any of the fear of a useless life she felt at that statement. She tipped her head up a little, her nose a bit in the air and finished, "But I am much more than just a normal fox." Raising an eyebrow at him as if daring him to challenge that, she took the opportunity to study him closer; black fur with a flat, red circular pattern.

Not like her own gradiented, varied, swirly coat. She was more than a little proud of her looks, and she didn't see anything wrong with that; she found it refreshing to meet another fox who thought the same. Looks, after all, did matter.

"I think it's refreshing that you're unashamedly proud of who and what you are," Vatra said after a moment, and she meant it. "I know too many 'Daevas who don't embrace our heritage. And my father is a 'Daeva, so it is my heritage too," she added, cutting off any comment about how she couldn't claim it as hers.

"Because you're right," she continued. "The world needs balance. It can't be all fluffy 'Phims all the time." She didn't have anything against Modiphims, exactly, it was just that most of them that she'd met seemed rather...surface-level, artificial and boring. 'Daevas, like the fire around their feet, were bright and sharp and exciting.

She could only hope that this particular 'Daeva would also have that trait.

"I like to live up to my father's side of the family, but with my mother's wit and clarity. If I were a true 'Daeva, I wouldn't be one that burns the forest down for fun. I'd be one that burns it down to kill my enemies," she finished with a smirk, because if she was being honest, there had been several times that she'd wished she'd been born a 'Daeva so she could do just that.

Juliette06
Crew

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

NatiStorm

Tipsy Fairy

19,575 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:56 pm
Agni gave a half chuckle. This vixen was proving to be entertaining at least. Maybe today wasn't going to be such a bad day after all.

"I think you might be the first normal fox I've ever heard call a 'Daeva's pride refreshing." He said with another chuckle.

He mauled over the thought of the 'Daeva line being her heritage. Honestly, he couldn't agruge it; she was more of a 'Daeva than a few full blooded 'Daeva's he had met. If he really thought about it, the mother of this vixen must have had the confidence and pride in herself that his brother Ki's mate had. All of their children, even the normal ones, had so much 'Daeva spark that it was a shame they didn't have the wings to go with it.

This vixen was just the same. So much spark, but lacked the proper body.

At her last sentence, Agni's ears perked up. "Aw, but burning down a forest for fun really is so much fun. You should try it sometime." Standing, he eyed some of the flowers growing in the bush next to him. He took a step towards them and slashed at them with his front paw, singeing most of them, but not starting a fire... yet.  
RP Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games