Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[Event] Introduction of the Heir Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:44 pm
Mkate was a little surprised that there was no general overwhelming approval. Life here was so good that he forgot that everyone was entitled to their own opinion, even if it was against the choice the royal family had made. He should know better, but the bachelor wasn't known for being smart or tactical.

Still, it kind of...comforted him to hear equal snorts of disagreement with cheers of encouragement. Perhaps Prince Tau would understand that he needed to prove himself to the pride, and it would motivate him to do so.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ruffian wasn't sure what to think. She worried about the mixture of reactions, though everyone had been orderly so far. Perhaps many of them didn't want to openly oppose their king, one who had always considered what the pride needed before himself. His personal involvement within the hyena battles had infuriated her, as a king should stay behind the line and motivate with words, but she had understood the desperation and chaos that can happen in battle. This situation was intriguing, but she was going to reserve her judgement. The real test of the new Price would be when he was an adolescent, and the fires of wanting to prove himself mixed with the rush of hormones he was certainly going to feel. She shivered a bit just remembering how her sons were at that stage. No thank you.

She kept herself to the edge of the crowd, so much so that the heir was just a little speck to her eyes. "These will be interesting times indeed," she said to herself as she flicked her tail behind her.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:52 pm
User ImageUser Image

Orca frowned at his sister while their cousin chastised her. He should really expect no less from his dear sister, nothing was ever fair to her.
"Anjelle is right, he'll be raised here, groomed for the position by our king. It's better that he's barely a cub. Our king will still be with us, it isn't like a cub is suddenly going to rule," he added with a small shake of his head.
A strong paw slammed against the spot between his shoulders, knocking his head forward slightly and causing his mane to fall into his eyes.

Shumusi'donoa, one of his cubhood friends, just shook his head and let his paw fall from the friendly whap.
"Accidents can always happen." The bright orange male gave the ladies a playful wink despite the seriousness of his tone and the harsh nature of his words. Orca's frown deepened.
"Are you telling the future?"
"Absolutely not. I'm just saying, it'd be better if we had an older heir," Shumu replied, his denial accompanied with a laugh as he returned his attention to his friend. His tail twitched over Orca's far too serious expression.
"You shouldn't suggest things like that." Shumu just sort of shrugged in response, never the serious one.

Buffy_the_Bloody

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:57 pm
User Image
Hadaya had found happiness in his home, and he was happy with his mate, his cubs, his family. He found that he could live like this forever, and never want for anything at all. He did not realize that a lot of his gene pool, before he had settled here, had managed to find the same lands as he had.

He was in for quite a shock when he figured that one out.

For now, though, he was focused on this announcement. It was an interesting event, but Hadaya had learned a long time ago to take everything in his life in stride. He was plagued by failure and awkwardness, but he didn't have to make it his weakness.

He could still thrive, and be happy. Patient. That was what he had learned, patience. So, this news was potentially troubling but he took it in stride regardless, cheering for the new prince and wondering if he was feeling a little overwhelmed up there, with everyone yelling at him.

Smiling, he glanced casually over his shoulder and notice a group of very familiar lions bumping into one another in a way that rang with such familiarity with him that, for a moment, he thought he was staring at shadows of himself.

"Kids?" he blinked, padding in their direction.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 pm
Reeshie Hack

Illyeria glared daggers at her brother, as he very rarely sided with her. She was sure it was some sort of conspiracy to make her think she was always wrong. But she wouldn't be swayed.. Nope, she would hold her ground, because she knew she was right. After all, her brother's orange friend seemed to agree... So maybe she liked him just a little.

"Don't be a fool, Orca." She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "There is no way that this is a good thing. A mere cub, is now going to lord over us like he's the King.. He may be an heir, but he is not the king yet.." She looked at Shumu, and grinned. "Perhaps your friend is right brother. Perhaps it is too early to tell whether or not he will be the King after all."

Anjelle snorted, and shook her head. Sometimes Illyeria was simply impractical. She didn't quite understand how she was so selfish, as Anjelle was entirely opposite.

"Illyeria!" She gasped, pushing her cousin with a paw before frowning herself. She couldn't believe that she had said such a thing.
"Of course he will be King. What on earth are you thinking, making such threats as that?" SHe asked, shaking her head in dismay.

"I am making no threats! Just saying the promise of tomorrow is never there for some."  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:07 pm
User Image
Dayo heard the sound of three skulls crashing together and turned around just in time to see three similar but different lions that appeared to have collided.

"Janga?" she called, "Are you guys all right?"

She knew Janga's mother Imara, and had pestered the older lioness before and during her pregnancy. She felt a certain sense of responsibility towards Imaras "cubs", despite the fact that they were all grown. She wasn't much older than them, but that was beside the point.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:15 pm
User Image User Image User Image

They all managed to climb off of one another, shaking themselves off and making themselves look more presentable again. Janga looked over at the tan lion first, offering his dad a goofy sort of grin. "It's father!" he announced, just in case the other two really didn't know much about their own father. Kaimu really hadn't seen the lion before, but he was happy to see they shared a similar coat color. He bounded over, very nearly crashing into the other.

"Hi!" He offered loudly, "I'm Kaimu! You're Hadaya, Janga's dad? That means you're my dad, too!" He laughed happily.

"Don't just blurt it out like that! you're going to freak him out," Sikio scolded, peaking out from behind Kaimu. She was much smaller than her two half brothers, and more than a little timid. She smiled weakly. This was a male she had known about from Janga for a while, but hadn't managed to speak to. She'd even seen him around the pride. Now, though, seemed as good a time as any other to finally say hello. After all, it wasn't like there was a super important announcement they should have been focused on, right?

"Um, hi," she offered softly, "I'm... Sikio. Kaimu and I are both from different litters... but we seem to share you in common." She smiled lightly, watching him carefully. Funny. He didn't look clumsy to her.

Janga, meanwhile, smiled hello to Dayo. "We're alright! Just some of the Hadaya charm poking through, I guess! What about you? Are you doing alright? The new prince is pretty exciting, right?"

Lithia_Brandon

Annchen

User Image

Orlan spotted a couple of her siblings not too far away, and smiled brightly. "Excuse me," she said to the two lioness she had been with, slipping away from the conversation so she could go see what her family thought of the whole thing. From what she could see as she approached, it didn't look like her sister was too thrilled. Strange. She really thought it was going to be fun for the pride- what could be so bad about it? Maybe her family would be able to make things clearer to her.

"Hello family!" She offered brightly, sitting herself down beside Orca. She smiled at the group, not really one to feel awkward in any kind of situation, even when she didn't know everyone present.

"What an announcement, right? What do you guys think? I'm really excited to see Prince Tau!"
Buffy_the_Bloody

Reeshie Hack

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ghubari was getting a little antsy sitting alone by himself while the rest of the pride spoke openly to each other about what would come of the pride now that the heir had been revealed. Looking to his left he noticed the slender black lioness, with her tail swatting back and forth. She seemed calm enough to approach, and well she obviously had an opinion. Gulping down his fears he took a step in her direction and faced her head on.

"Oh most definitely. Do you really think he's capable of taking on the task though? He seems pretty young ..." Ghubari paused a moment realizing he sounded pretty pessimistic. "Not that its a bad thing or anything, just some food for thought y'know?" He offered her a friendly smile, hoping she would be kind enough to return the favor.

Safaia

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:29 pm
User Image
"I'm good," she said, "Hunting and mostly staying out of trouble."

She wasn't sure how much Janga had heard about the "adventures" she'd had with his sister Sia and his brother Savassi when they were younger. they had seemed like great adventures at the time at least. Good times!

"Yes, it's exciting!" she beamed, "I wonder if they'll let us take a closer look at the little guy later. So, how's your mother?"

His father seemed to be fine at least... She wondered a little about the two other lions. She had seen them around, but never talked to them. Looking at the blue-maned lion together with Hadaya made the relation very obvious. However, she wasn't sure how the lioness fit in.

Cajanic

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:31 pm
Shumu stood and moved around the group, sitting down beside Orca's little sister. Seemed like it'd be best, give her some physical support along with what he'd said. Not that he really did care one way or another. He had absolutely no way of telling what was coming for the pride or its new little heir. For all he knew, things were going to go fine and Prince Tau would become a great king.
He just liked to play devil's advocate sometimes and just argue a bit.
Especially with Orca.
Getting on his sister's good side? Definitely a plus.

"This conversation has gotten way too dark for my tastes. I'm not getting in trouble for this."
"You should have kept your big mouth shut, then," Orca shot back, causing Shumu to snort and shake his head.
"Yeah, yeah, I'll never learn, blah, blah, blah," he replied with a wave of his paw. "Everyone's right. It's dangerous that he's a cub, but advantageous. Well..."
He smiled and tilted his head towards Illyeria, golden eyes flicking towards hers. "We don't know if he's going to lord it over the rest of us, maybe he won't. Besides, what male could really lord himself over you?"

Orca rolled his eyes at Shumu's behavior and gave a pleading look to Anjelle. Why was he friends with Shumu again? Ah, well, didn't change anything. They were friends and usually worked out pretty well. Honestly, when he thought about it, he probably was just arguing for argument's sake. And to no doubt get on Illyeria's good side.
Shumu gave Orlan a smile when she joined them, causing Orca to roll his eyes once more before smiling at his sister.
"I'm looking forward to seeing him, too. Our sister seems to think he's going to lord it over the rest of us, being heir."

Buffy_the_Bloody

Cajanic

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:37 pm
User Image

Maawio was the oldest lioness in the Pridelands, or so she knew. She had a generation of cubs and extended family that spanned all across the lands, now. Still, the golden lioness never failed to celebrate when the pridal conditions saw fit.

The past year had been hard, harder than ever before.

The attack of the Mava'Bunda had resulted in the loss of her mate, Amari. They had been together since they were juveniles, and had seen the Pridelands grow since Mufasa and Sarabis reign, from just a handful of lions to the strong pride it was today.

Her children were grown up, and though many had left, some remained and visited her. She was enjoying spending time with the young Kengee, too.

Her limbs ached and she moved slowly to position herself underneath Pride rock on the grass. Many of the lions knew her here, but there were so many new faces, and so often, that it was hard to keep up!

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Lions with distaste-- Eris liked that. The blue lioness purred darkly at it, letting it roll through her chest before opening her maw to add to the coals.

"Why should we blindly accept a cub of no particular... Porpuse? From outside? He has no place as heir. Quite obviously our king is addled in his age and no longer as wise as he was."

Eris knew her words were dangerous, but she wanted to taste the water, see if it was sweet to drink, to stir something interesting from it.

"Why don't we have one of our own of proper Royal Blood waiting? Why do we not" Eris smiled. "Have what we deserve? That is an outsider boy. He is no prince to us. He is not a member of Royal Blood. A new heir should be provided for us. One less...." She sneered. "Dangerous to us."

She knead. No sense being violent, not yet. But she did love some chaos.

It made the rather grouchy lioness happy.

Freyja listened to lions around, looking about.

"I think he's a fine prince." She smiled. "He'll do a wonderful job."

Though who listened to the quiet one?  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:51 pm
User Image

"staying out of trouble is always good," laughed the black lion. He wasn't really one who could blame someone even if they did get into trouble, though, considering he regularly found himself in horrible messes. He didn't like to blame his father for that short coming, though sometimes it did seem like a common link with him and the rest of his family. Even his extended family...

He glanced over at his siblings, smiling as he watched them meeting their father for the first time. It was nice. Now he had lots of family, and he always had plenty to begin with!

"She's well. I haven't had much time to visit with her recently, though. I was hoping I might see her around here, but it seems she isn't around." maybe she had something important to do, or maybe it just wasn't her scene, either way, he was saddened that he didn't get to see his mother. "What about you? Is your family doing well?"
Annchen

User Image

Jivu noticed a quiet lioness not too far from him, who spoke thoughtfully about the young prince. It seemed she wasn't great at being heard, and he had that in common with her. Slowly, he poked out from his hiding spot.

"I think I agree with you," he said softly, "he seems like a good kid..." He withdrew a bit at that. Maybe he shouldn't have said anything. Whimpering, he curled his tail around his feet, looking down at the ground. Speaking was not his strong point.

This was not going well for him.
NovaCracker

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:01 pm
Cajanic

Annchen

Hadaya smiled at the two cubs he had not realized were here, his blank expression indicating that he was slowly processing everything so he did not flip out about it. After a long moment he blinked and shook his fluffy mane out a little bit.

"Ah... well. Uhm. Hello, Kaimu, Sikio. It's nice to meet you!" He knew Janga, at least, and that was a relief. "I mean. Again. I... well... uhm. This is very... surprising."

He knew one of his kids, out of three. Why was he relieved about that, again? He looked the other two other, recognizing his markings in one, and remembering the colors of the other. It seemed like such a long time ago, now, before he had been able to come back to these lands and settle down.

Funny, how everyone had ended up here anyway.

He smiled at Dayo politely and nodded his head, knowing her to be one of Imara's friends, which he appreciated greatly.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 pm
Cajanic

Freyja smiled to Jivu softly, a bit surprised. Another quiet voice... Was welcome, and the pale lioness nodded, thinking.

"I think he may make a good king, as long as he does his best. So many unhappy that he's from outside... So are many of us." She looked up again. "We shouldn't become so isolated we cast out options... Oh."

She smiled, looking to him again.

"My name's Freyja. And you?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:14 pm
Hari had no qualms about being underfoot. He was, for the most part, swift in scampering around the paws of adults. Yet when he did bump into them, he never acknowledged his boorishness; on the contrary, he only sped up, leaving Kopano trailing behind to apologize in his stead.

The less courteous of the duo reached his destination just in time to hear Eris prattling on spitefully. His mother would have told him it was needless hostility had she been within hearing range. Shame that she wasn't, for Chyou was still too busy scouting for his twin and his sisters to notice him feeding into the ruction. She had vastly underestimated just what a troublemaker her son could be when left to his own devices and spurred on by the boisterous skepticism of someone older.

"Yeah! Why should we just let him be king?" Hari huffed.

Kopano had caught up by then. But oh, he wished he hadn't! His ears lay flat against his head and his body sank helplessly to the ground. He didn't like where this was going, not one bit. Hari was young and small like him, but his voice could carry loud as any adult.

"Boooo!" Hari bellowed, standing now at Eris' side.

Not far off, the small family consisting of Amira, Alake, and Konja exchanged fretful glances.

Alake, mother to both, had seen her prime come and go. Her fur was starting to grey around the muzzle -- not that it stopped her from flapping her jaws. Young or old, she had never been one to keep her peace. Not with things like this.

"Why don't you quiet down over there?" she said more commandingly than not. Most of it was directed to the older of the instigators, the blue lioness.

A gentle soul, Amira took an approach to the situation befitting it. "He's practically a cub," she put in. "He's done no wrong to you."

NovaCracker

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces