Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[Event] Introduction of the Heir Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:25 pm
User Image

Erevu's eyes widened drastically. "Of course." he whispered in horror. "How could I have forgotten?" Looking as though he wanted to kick himself, Erevu sat down and glanced toward the rock, seeing the heir, king, and queen. What an important occasion. How had he forgotten?!

Eyeing the other two lions, he once again focused his attention to the speaker. "Ah, well... I had forgotten about such a day. If I had known, I would of joined up with my father and mother, Mheetu and Mia." he explained, tone a little dry at his own forgetfulness. "As it was, I wasn't even on patrol. More like... training." Sighing, he shook his head, before smiling at the other. "Well, I suppose I'm glad I arrived before it was over. I'm Erevu. And you three are...?" The light colored lion inclined his head to the others in greeting.

PhiferWolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:04 pm
User Image

He listened, fascinated. "Wow, it must be nice to have cubs, even if they can be trouble from time to time, grown or young." He chuckled lightly. "I wonder if I would ever be able to make a decent father. Speaking of- is there father a part of these lands, too? Your mate?" He wasn't going to prod if it wasn't something she liked talking about. He knew not every relationship was a good one, he just had no reason to believe things hadn't gone well with hers.

"I haven't talked to my parents much about where we were before being born here," he chuckled lightly, "I'm a bad son, too. I guess you dont really think about it. I've just... only known this home. It might be nice to ask them about it one day!. "
Alpaca Chobi

User Image User Image

Now that was an important topic to discuss- mates! Frigga was instantly distracted from the thoughts that had been upsetting her. About bad blood and princes from no where. She imagined she didn't have much room to hate, but she wasn't going to let being related to some troubling blood of her own get in the way of her attitude. "Oh, a male," she hummed, "it would be nice to find a male! Someone with a lovely natural pelt."

"But what if they're not from around here?" teased Nyamafu, giving her a playful nudge. She liked the thought of having a male herself, but she was also happy with her life at the moment. No need to go rushing into things with the wrong fella. She looked at Tama, frowning. "I hope I didn't say anything to upset you!" she said quickly.

"Oh, but you don't mind pissing me off," hissed Frigga, "I see how it is. And it doesn't matter if a mate isn't from around here! He's not going to be the one who's supposed to rule us!" Though that would be nice. Mate to the king? How regal. Too bad it was out of the cards for her.
Mogami

Andranis

User Image

Janga chuckled. "I can see it now! Hadaya blood all over the world!" but he was sure he had seen some visions of his family in other places, whether they were from the present or the future, he didn't know. They could have even been thoughts from the past. Or, you know, just dreams. Whatever the case, he knew he had seen... something.

His family all over the place. As vikings and knights. To be proud of, for sure. Sometimes he thought he was able to see things like that, and not just as dreams. Like... they were really out there.

"oh yeah, your family is probably bigger than ours!" He laughed lightly, "and so many of them around here with you! It's nice, isn't it? Having a lot of family to come home to."
Annchen

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:41 pm
"Ger." The eldest spoke, chestnut brown hair and teal eyes. He nodded toward the speaker, the male closest to Erevu. "This is my son, Ezekiel. And this one over here is the Queen's brother, and my nephew, Matishou." Ger smiled. "We understand, we train on a daily basis ourselves and also arrived not too long ago. We caught the end of the king's announcement. Needn't feel too bad about it, I am sure there are some who aren't even here, which is a darn shame."

"What strikes me as odd, Uncle, is that the heir resembles a few of the lions of Tianxia. Y'know?" Matishou was apparently trying to return to a conversation that they were having previously. It was true, the heir shared a marking that was common among some of the Tianxia members, particularly those belonging to the Royal Family and those of the North House. The three of them have gone there on a visit once before to see the Lord of the North, a relative of theirs. The once-Outlander was curious if this meant a strong bond between the two prides now.

"The neck marking? Sheng'kou's mate has similar markings, as does many of his cubs. If I recall correctly, one of the Princes is now King there, at Tianxia. It'd make sense if that meant Tianxia having one of their own here too. Though, I can't really say anything about that since I've never seen this Prince Tau." Ezekiel spoke, a bit dry himself for admitting the fact. Ger and Ezekiel trained everyday from dawn to dusk, rarely made time for themselves to actually go up to Pride Rock.

"Do you know anything?" They asked.

Lollipop x L u x u r y
sorry about that. Lost internet for the last two days D;

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:56 pm
User Image

Erevu blinked; he had never met lions this closely related to the royal family. He was quite confused as to how to act around them. If they haven't been offended yet, I suppose I'm not doing anything wrong... Erevu thought hesitantly, all the while smiling in greeting. "Well, I'm glad I was able to make it. I would of regretted missing such a joyous event."

And that was quite true; Erevu was completely devoted to this pride, almost blindly so. He cared for little other pride's other than the Pridelands and idolized the royal family. This, however, wasn't going to keep Erevu from listening to the current gossip.

Blinking, he listened. Tianxia? He had heard about such a place, though he wasn't certain he knew too much about it. "Well, this is a good thing, yes?" he queried in a puzzle. Recently reaching adulthood, he was quite use to politics and pridal relations. "It puts us at a great standing with Tianxia," he fumbled with the word, unsure if he even pronounced it right.

Suddenly, his eyebrows furrowed. "It would be a good thing, to become allied with such a place, yes?" he sounded rather unsure of himself.

When they asked him if he knew anything, he shifted self-consciously. He was willing to bet he knew only a tenth of what they did, if even that much. "Erm, no, sorry." he murmured, ducking his head. "I'm not to knowledgeable on the politics." he said apologetically.

PhiferWolf
In all honesty, I am not quite sure on the back ground. orz So, I'm just going to have Erevu play the fool and pick up a bit of a history lesson from other's dialogue. o u o

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:09 pm
Lollipop x L u x u r y
Hope you don't mind a shadow. x3

Briac squeezed his way through the legs and paws of the various lions standing around. His parents had brought him and his siblings to come and watch...well, whatever this was! Something about a prince, or some boring thing like that. It was exciting to see so many Pridelanders all in one place, though. The young cub could hardly believe how many lions there were! Briac had managed to slip away from his parents in order to get a closer look at everyone. It hadn't been all the difficult, really. Briac had so many siblings that it was difficult for his mother and father to keep track of them on a normal day. But paired with all the commotion of the event, Briac had been able to take off on his own.
The black cub paused, taking in the rainbow of pelts and marking around him. As his green eyes scanned the area, they locked onto a familiar sight. It was Erevu! Giggling happily, Briac scampered over to the male, weaving in and out of the strangers in his way. "Erevu! Erevu!" He called out, trying to get the lion's attention. The cub finally reached his friend, but his momentum caused him to bump into the older male's leg a little bit before stopping. Briac opened his mouth in greeting, but clamped it shut when he saw that Erevu was talking to other lions. The cub shrank down a little, hiding a bit behind Erevu's leg. "Um, hello." He squeaked, suddenly very shy. He hadn't meant to interrupt.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:56 am
Lollipop x L u x u r y
Should we go into looking for more details about the new Heir? I'll only use one of mine if that's the case. Or you could leave my little group and explore with Erevu :3

They were only Royal in that they had the bloodline within them, somewhere. Matishou was a distant descendent of the late king's brother, as was the current queen. Both Ger and Ezekiel were from the late king's sister and one of the leaders of the Firekin pride in the heated desert. They were indeed royal, but they hardly thought much of it.

"Well, I am sure there is much celebration to be had that this would last the entire day. Ger chuckled for Erevu as a cheerful uproar echoed from Pride Rock. It would appear among the members of the pride some have taken to celebrating to the fullest. He'd wager it would be the younger members of the pride.

The pridemate brought up Tianxia again. "My half-brother is a Lord of Tianxia, one of four that reside there. My other half-brother, father of our queen, is also there. The pride's powerful, especially with both of them there. It's made up of five actual prides, with one being the main one. You are right, Erevu, it is a good thing we are allied with them."

"I just hope they come should something happen to us." Ezekiel added.  

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:26 pm
She was ready to counter-tackle Hari when she found herself lifted into the air. Biyu let out a surprised sound, then went limp on instinct. As her ears folded back, though, she stuck her tongue out at Hari. She then looked up at Amira and Konja. "She looks like my stinky brother here, but prettier - White with a black back blanket marking. And she's got gold stripes on her butt!" Actually, her brothers had taken a LOT after their mother. Their sister was probably the only one who bore the most resemblance to their mysterious father, but with their mother's eye markings. Biyu popped out with her green coat patterning... But she liked it that way.

Hopefolly

Her ears folded back for a moment at the reprimand, but she settled down next to her father. "I didn't say they'd be without a male influence. They would have you to look up to, and plenty of uncles, too." She then rubbed her head into Mwali's shoulder. "But if it will make you happier... I'll try and find a lion to be a father." She was just... Picky. Very picky. She didn't want just ANY lion to sire her cubs, he had to be... Perfect. A strong lion, with good markings... His colors didn't matter THAT much to Jahina, so long as he didn't look like a Mistweaver. Her gaze turned to the sound of arguing cubs and she couldn't help but smile at the two bickering siblings. Biyu and.. She could barely tell, but she was pretty sure that was Hari. With two sets of twins in the litter she'd been born to, she found it MARGINALLY easier to tell who was who in a set of twins. Not by much, though... So for all she knew, that was actually Yue she spied.
The older lioness chuckled at the younger's resolve. "I think I'll side with your father on that one, as a voice of experience..." She lowered herself, settling down to relax. "I didn't want to have cubs until I found a mate..." She glanced at Bluu. "Granted, that ended up taking quite a bit of my life to DO, but I finally found the one..." She let out a whistful sigh. "But it's worth it in the end to find someone!" From the way Mwali had spoken to his daughter about finding a mate, it was clear that this was something very important to him, to not only see his children happy, but to have mates to raise cubs with, not just find a casual fling.

For the first time since getting there, Bluu frowned. "I have to agree... You SHOULD find a mate. I may not be much older than you, but I grew up without my father around... And when my home pride broke up and I went chasing after my brother to find the REST of my family, I discovered I didn't know a THING about half my family." He motioned with his paw at a random lion. "For all I know, his cubs could end up being related to mine, and not too distantly, and neither side would ever know. That's a benefit to having a mate around instead of a casual fling - You know exactly who your children are related to so you don't cross vines that shouldn't cross further down the line."

Thalion

She could only shake her head, smiling at her sister. They clearly had very different ideas, but then... With a pride the size the Pridelands was, even in the same litter that could be expected. Their parents had filled their heads with what they knew and believed, and then left it up to the river of time to see what else they picked up from others in the pride to form their own ideas and opinions. She then looked over at Magh, eyebrows going up. "Oh, thank you! I get it from my father's side!" She posed a little, smiling. "Frigga gets hers from the same side, Mom said there's no oranges or browns on her side." In fact, Kimiko didn't much talk about ANY part of her side, only that her mother may or may not have come to the area.

Kushindwa tilted his head, before he flopped over onto his side in mild boredom. From the look Madaha gave him, she realized fast that he'd flopped over on purpose this time. The two-tone-pelted male rolled onto his back for a moment, listening as the conversation turned to mates. He couldn't help but smile a bit. "I'm from around here, AND I have a natural pelt!" In fact, as far as he was concerned, his mother was also from around the pride. His father wasn't, but he didn't mind. "Plus I have a bunch of brothers!" He sat up, looking over. "Janga, Frigga says she wants a mate with a natural pelt! Yours is more natural than mine, isn't it?"

His attention then turned back to Madaha, a bit of bravery rising up. "Hey, Madaha... If you're looking... I could be your mate..." There was a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

The lioness rolled her eyes, prepared to answer her cubhood friend's words about his brother being her sister's mate, when his question caught her off guard. She could only stare at him in surprise, mind trying to catch up. "Uh... Wha...?"

Lithia_Brandon

Cajanic

Annchen

Mogami

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:03 am
User Image
Dayo tilted her head, a bit surprised over the way the conversation was heading. But she supposed asking around for eligible bachelors was an effective way of snagging a mate. It would at least eliminate the embarrassment of taking a shine to someone only to learn that it was a cousin of some sort. She hadn't done that, yet... Perhaps this was how she should look for a mate down the line?

"Are we making matches now," she asked with an amused smile, "I've got more brother's than you could shake a stick at. They're related to half the pride, but they are very handsome."

She was only exaggerating a little bit...

"And if you don't like any of my brothers I've got a nephew or two that might interest you," she chuckled, "They're a little young still, but they'll grow up just fine."

She grinned even wider when Kushindwa made his proposal. Really? Did little Kushindwa like a girl?

"She's speechless," she whispered to Janga, "Do you think that's good or bad?"

Cajanic
Lithia_Brandon
Andranis
Mogami

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:58 am
When a lioness suddenly chose his spot as a good place to settle down, and settle down closely, Setu couldn't help the way nervous tension seize his body and throat, making him unable to react. His mind raced, wondering what would be proper to do. Say hello, obviously. Smile, obviously. It was no different when he was greeting any other stranger, and his time in the rogue lands had lessened his fear about the unknown. But she was just so close.

He listened to her words without making eye contact, and nodded when it seemed appropriate. Perhaps she would move on if he didn't reply? But she just made herself even more comfortable, and worse, tried to draw the attention of another stranger.

It was time he said something.

"Er," he started off, the picture of failed grace. "The... young one will likely be a promising ruler. He will have his elders to guide him, after all," he affirmed, managing to look at Rai directly for the first time. The edges of his mouth quirked slightly, as he attempted to smile. "It's how he will rule that is important, in the end."

Cajanic

Green Ever After

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:16 pm
User Image

Erevu's ears twitched. Someone was calling his name above the chattering noise... The voice sounded oddly familiar... Swiveling his head around, he just caught sight of cub before the brown young one bumped into his leg. He let out a laugh, a memory of his own carelessness floating through his mind. He had bumped into his own father's leg several times.

He opened his mouth to greet his self-proclaimed apprentice, but his words were lost as he saw Briac edge behind his leg. Blinking, he craned his head a little to peer down at the other, noticing he was speaking to the three other lions. A grin danced along his face before he stepped back to where Briac was beside him. Looking up at the three, he place a large paw on top of the cub's head, ruffling the short fur on top. "This here is my adorable friend," he introduced, tucking Briac closer to him. He then looked down and winked at the small cub. "It isn't like they're going to bite," he informed him before leaning closer. "And, if they do, I'll protect you," his tone was obviously light and teasing and, as he straightened, he grinned at the others.

However, as the began to talk about the recent grapevine and the history behind their sister, Erevu's look faded from playfulness to a look close to seriousness. He really did want to know all he could about the Pridelands. "I'm glad that there still is," he responded to Ger, listening to the uproar, a small smile tracing his mouth.

As Ger explained the ties between Tianxia and the Pridelands, Erevu blinked. "That Pride is tied tightly with the Pridelands," he murmured in astonishment before grinning. He looked over at Ezekiel and shook his head.

"Why wouldn't they come? If our queen is from this pride, than I should say it sounds like a lovely and helpful group," he pointed out naively, before shaking out his mane. "Well, it was nice meeting the three of you. I do hope I could meet up with you all again and discuss things more intricately. But, for now, I think I'll venture closer to Pride Rock with the little one." he mused, before inclining his head. "So long," and with that, he moved off towards Pride Rock, pausing to see if Briac was following.

"Is this your first event?" he questioned, before looking around. "Where is your family?"

PhiferWolf
Mmmm, I think I'll find out another time. o u o I'll explore more with Erevu

The Captain Britain
Briac is so cute. u w u

Lollipop x L u x u r y

Indulgent Sex Symbol

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm
Lollipop x L u x u r y

Briac's green eyes were wide and round as he stared up at the strange lions. Even with Erevu's assurance that he was going to be alright, the cub was still a little nervous being around so many adults. He listened as the older lions talked, but most of it went over his head. None of it sounded in the least bit interesting. It was all adult stuff. Queens, lords, Tinshiya people, All of it reminded Briac of the things the nannies would gossip about while on duty. And Briac hated nannies with a passion.
The cub could have jumped for joy when Erevu led him away from the strange conversation. Briac pranced behind the older male, tail held high in the air as he walked. Of course, he was more running than walking, having to keep up with Erevu, but he was a cub, and therefore full of endless energy. "I think so. There hasn't been any cool things like this that I've ever seen." The first time Briac had been dropped off at the nannies had been quite an event though. Seeing all those cubs in one place had been quite a shock. But that was nothing compared to this gathering. "My mama and papa are further back with my siblings. They didn't want us getting too close, but I couldn't see anything cept a bunch of butts." Briac complained with a whine. How had his parents expected him to see anything from back where they had been? He was a cub! He was short! Thankfully he had managed to slip away. Briac was sure that he would have been stuck staring at other lions' rumps the whole time otherwise.

Safaia generated a random number between 1 and 12 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:44 pm
They had stood up on Pride Rock for quite some time, and Simi was pleased at the turnout. It was rare that the pride gathered around Pride Rock, but the old king noticed that there was a jovial, social setting. Perhaps they would have to gather around more in the future.

----

(( sorry for the extended delay, guys. I will be rolling for who gets the cubs! First roll gets first pick, and so on. <3 You are free to continue posting here if you wish!))  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia generated a random number between 1 and 12 ... 7!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:46 pm
(( 12 posts on page 1... ))  
Safaia generated a random number between 1 and 12 ... 6!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:47 pm
(( first winner is Depawsit...))  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Safaia generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 12!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:49 pm
(( page 6, 15 posts~ ))  
[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items