Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miracle of Life: A Pregnancy Roleplaying Guild

Back to Guilds

A RP guild based around the joy of impending motherhood. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Pregnant, Maternity, Motherhood, Expectant 

Reply Preggy Art Gallery
SD's Artastic Contests!! (Closed) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stardust Drifter

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:22 pm
Capricious Dreams
Stardust Drifter
Capricious Dreams

O_O woah! That's very good!

She's very pretty too. ^^

Thank you, I very much appreciate the kind words!

You're quite welcome smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:38 pm
Ooh, I love Capricious' mermaid. The little frilly bits on her tail that she's toying with, the pose, the way her scales form a 'top' of sorts for her upper half. She's so creative and beautiful!

I'm inspired by it. At first, I was like...well, the same feeling I get on DA when I see everyone else's awesome art and I feel like mine is crap. But then I was just inspired to keep trying, because I have a dream now! I really need to work on colouring. It just adds so much more to a drawing than lines alone. But I probably need to go to art classes or study tutorials to learn how. The part about using salt for watercolours was interesting. It makes the paint shoot away from the salt??? I'd never heard of that before!

S-sorry if I'm talking too much. I wanted to say something before and praise what I think is something beautiful but I kinda lost my nerve...I was feeling guilty about my earlier mistakes with my ref pics and felt I should stop drawing altogether for a while there but I bounced back a bit! Lol.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:49 am
Meyaira Firespring

Than you so much, I appreciate the feedback and kind words <3

I am so glad this has inspired you, others art should not be a turn off to the field but a motivator for improvement and a strife for a new form of perfection for you. Everyone has to start somewhere and I was once a depressive artist, so critical on myself and believing I could never be good enough to truly show off my work; however, I then realized that whining and killing yourself over it will not make your situation any better or your art anymore detailed. I also began to realize that everyone has their own style and it is not a matter of how it matches standards, but how boldly and with pride they display their work, as well as how they continue to improve in their own way. You don't necessarily need classes either, though if that really appeals to you and you believe it will help while preserving your own happiness, then go for it, but tutorials do help to some extent, it is a matter of experimentation. The more you experiment and work out o your comfort zone, the happier you will become with your work.

The salt on watercolor does not make the color shoot away, but the salt absorbs the water and color in it to leave white spots and when put in numbers, it is like a star just exploded on the page. it is neat and I might upload the picture I used this technique on. The only problem is that you have to be careful to scrape the salt off and you won't always get it all off.

You shouldn't feel guilty, this just means you realize you have room for improvement and you can now act on that realization! I still get that feeling every now and then though, but it only powers me to move forward in my art career.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:05 pm
Capricious Dreams

Np. You deserve them. heart Your work is amazing! ^__^

It really has. I'm painfully shy about putting stuff up because I'm afraid of what others would think and I usually think it's not that good (like I'm gonna cringe when I look back later, ha ha!). But at the same time I wanted to improve and receive feedback and I know the only way to learn is making mistakes while practicing a lot. I have to admit, I'm a bit of a perfectionist so when things don't turn out the way I imagined, I tend to be really harsh on myself. Heh. Which is silly, like you said. It just crushes you instead of helping you. ^///^

Oh well, I thought of classes because there's a variety of talented artists in my community here and I thought maybe I could learn from them. Or even just tips and tricks, ways to practice. Yet you're right - I have to experiment with things outside my comfort zone (which at the moment is poses, hair and clothes Lol. Gosh, hair and clothes are so hard!!).

Ooo! That sounds really pretty! Ah well, a few salt grains just adds a layer of texture to it. cat_3nodding Crunchy pictures. <3

Yeah but I do. Or at least, I still do a little bit...'cause what I did was pretty stupid. I did about 3 different drawings that I had to discard because I relied too heavily on the references and didn't use them properly. Technically, I feel like a thief for doing that so I destroyed all of them and am re-doing them all.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Stardust Drifter

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:43 pm
Hey is everyone done!? It's been a month or so...>.>;; Are all the entries in? lol I kind of want to judge everyone now. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:16 pm
Um if its alright I'm still wanting to enter its just been busy with things and I didn't have to work on it.  

Fallen Akari-chan

Fluffy Protector

4,675 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Stardust Drifter

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:21 pm
Fallen Akari-chan
Um if its alright I'm still wanting to enter its just been busy with things and I didn't have to work on it.

That's fine. smile I'm just checking to see who still needs time and such. ^^ I'm in no hurry. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:58 am
i kinda gave up.... Cap's one was just too good lol no need to wait for me.. I'll wait for the next contest lol  

Quiet Sniper

Dangerous Glitch

Stardust Drifter

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:52 pm
Capricious Dreams

Meyaria Firespring

Alright after forever of waiting. ^^; The winners of this contest are as follows:

1st Place
Capricious Dreams!!!

Your mermaid is absolutely stunning and beautiful. I love the pose and her facial expression. Pregnancy should be happy so it's nice to see her smiling. ^^ The detail is amazing and pretty much you blew the competition out of the water. smile

2nd Place
Meyaria Firespring!!

Your mermaid was adorable. I love how she's above the ocean relaxing and enjoying the scenery. Your artwork is really good and very cute. ^^ I can't wait to see more from you. smile Once again, it's nice to see a happy pregnant woman. (even though pregnancy is always happy ^^; ) You scored second place!

As for a third place, there is none. >.>; everyone kind of just chickened or got depressed after seeing Cap's drawing. xP Hopefully people will join in more next time. ^^;

Sorry for the long wait as well. I'll get your money prizes to you both. smile Thanks to everyone for drawing and participating. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:33 pm
Stardust Drifter

Thank you for your kind words! I feel sorta ashamed though, I didn't mean to demean anyone, it was just my style of work. I hope more people pursue the next contest and strive to better themselves and their art. No one's work is something to be ashamed of, we all have different skill sets and always have room to better ourselves.  

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:36 pm
Stardust Drifter

I would like for my winnings to go to the 2nd place winner  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:43 pm
Capricious Dreams

Hey don't be ashamed. sad If anything it's my fault for not really encouraging the others to continue.

The whole purpose of these contests is just to get people to practice their artwork and have fun. smile It's not about who's more skilled or anything. ^^;

Anyway, are you sure? Because I don't think there's a problem with you having the reward. smile Though it's up to you if you want.

I hope I haven't made you feel bad or anything too. >.>; sorry if I did. ^^; I wasn't trying to. xP  

Stardust Drifter

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:53 pm
Stardust Drifter

I'm certain. I entered for the fun of it all and it gave me something to enter in the governor's award. I planned to donate it to the runner up before hand, I'd rather someone have it that may use it; I certainly don't have a need.

You didn't make me feel bad by any means, don't worry yourself dear. I just wished people wouldn't have given up when there were probably fantastic ideas out there that they were too shy to reveal.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:00 pm
Capricious Dreams

Alright. ^^ Just cancel the trade I sent you. Thanks for participating. :3

Yes I know! I was curious to see what kind of mermaids everyone was going to make. xP oh well. ^^; I'll have another contest up soon, as soon as I can figure out what theme I want to go for. ^^

By the way you have cute artwork on your DA. ^^ You're very talented. 3nodding  

Stardust Drifter

Shuffled Ornament

15,375 Points
  • Amateur Decorator 50
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Capricious Dreams

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:15 pm
Stardust Drifter

It was my pleasure.I wish you better luck with the next contest!

And thank you, I appreciate your time in looking through my work :3  
Preggy Art Gallery

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces