21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:45 pm
02/12/06

(Kane, Ivy, and Chae)

-----

Ivy smiled, "Thanks, I'm gald you are here." She kissed him back and pulled him closer. She thought about the others in the house and hoped they didn't walk in on this romantic scene.

Chae murred happily into the kiss, holding Ivy close and kissing her all the more passionatly, snuggling up against her and closing his eyes. He really could have cared less if they got walked in on, it wouldn't stop him now...

Ivy kissed him and then pulled back, "Maybe we should move this to the bedroom?" She felt that in a few minutes she wouldn't be able to move. She kissed his neck and then his nose. "Just in case?"

I've got to be getting close, Kane thought, noting how strong Takeko's scent was now. He could smell the others as well, but he was focusing on her scent only. He was back in the Fae Clearing, nearing some sort of house on the edge. There was a large glass building thing in the back behind what looked to be the main house. Heading for that, he sniffed. Yep, this was the place. Takeko should be inside. He'd just pop in and check on her, then be gone again.

Kane pushed the door open, entering what looked like a kitchen and looking around warily. No one in here, but he could smell Takeko. She was here somewhere. "Hey, Takeko?" he called, heading into the living room. And freezing in the doorway. That...was not Takeko and Aspen. That was for sure.

Chae smiled and snuggled her, then huffed playfully. "ooookay I guesss...." He chuckled sticking his tongue out at her then giving her a strong kiss before sliding out of her lap and headed for the bedroom.

Ivy stood and started to follow when she saw a child pae staring in at her from the kitchen, "Too late dear." She said with a sigh, they had been found.

Chae turned and noticed the child, and sighed. "Gahhh.... damn..." he muttered and smiled, moving over and wrapping his arm around Ivy's waist. "Hello little one... are you lost?"

Kane was silent...not that this was unusual. "Look...I don't even wanna' know, okay? Just tell me if either of you knows Takeko and has seen her lately." His face was serious and he seemed strangely unfazed by what he'd just seen.

Ivy enlaced her fingers in Chae's, "Takeko? She's in the nursery with Aspen and Cabel." Ivy smiled at the little child, he was funny. "It's down that way." She pointed to the nursery with a giggle.

Chae laughed and shook his head, just taking Ivy's hand and tugging her back towards the room, shaking his head more and laughing a bit. "A strange but fun child..."

Ivy giggled and followed, "Yes, he is. Will be nice to meet him sometime." She giggled some more and flopped onto the bed, "Now where were we?"

Kane rolled his eyes, silently turning and heading down the hallway, leaving the crazy Pae behind him to do...whatever.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:09 pm
02/15/06 - 02/20/06

(Takeko, Kane, Cabel, Aspen, Ivy)

-----

Picking a door and guessing it was the nursery, Kane pushed it open, peering inside and interrupting the 'family moment.' "Wondered where you'd gotten off to." Of course, he was directing this towards Takeko only.

Takeko looked up in surprise. "Kane! There you are! You're okay! I was starting to seriously worry about you!"

"BIG BROTHER!!!" Cabel giggled, waving with the plushie at his brother.

Kane cringed as the 'thing' saw him. Wonderful. He then tilted his head, looking at Takeko strangely. "Hey...what's wrong with you? You look...different."

Aspen smiled at the little child. "Well, glad you are ok!" He was only slightly worried about the boy, he seemed the type to be able to take care of himself. "Here, want to play with Cabel?" He handed the plushie to Kane.

Ivy woke up and stretched. She looked over and smiled at her sleeping husband. She got up quitely, not to wake him. Ivy walked out of the room and heard voice, they must still be up. She wandered over and peeked into the room.

As if the mention of playing with the 'thing' wasn't enough, the sight of the plushie caused Kane's hair to bristle. Hissing, he leapt back and landed in a crouch, remembering ALL too well what happened last time he found one of those things...

Cabel found all this amusing, of course, and wriggled out of Aspen's lap to tackle Kane, giggling. Of course, this didn't please Kane anymore.

Aspen chuckled and then noticed an eye peeking in, "Mom? Come on in!" He laughed and bekoned her to enter the nursery.

Ivy was laughing at the scene, it was so nice to see her son happy. "Oh, sorry to interrupt." She hadn't meant to be spotted. "How is the family?" She walked in and smiled at the family.

Kane looked up, growling softly at the Fae child clinging to him. Ah, it was just the woman from earlier. He turned back to Takeko, trying to ignore the 'thing' while mulling over what it was that was different about her. Her scent was different...not completely. It was a subtle change, but it was there. Half-dragging Cabel with him, he walked over and poked gently at Takeko's stomach.

Takeko glanced down, reponding before she even got a good sight of Ivy. She smiled warmly, taking Kane's hand. "So you noticed...of course you did," she added as a second thought. "You're going to have another little brother or sister...or both."

Kane's eyes widened. ANOTHER one? OR MORE? Oh, this would NOT do at all...he'd have to make himself scarce before more of the little brats started showing up...

Aspen smiled and moved over to sit next to his family, "Yes, isn't it lovely?" He hoped they were happy about having siblings, but you could never tell.

"Congrats you too. I'm a Grandma again." Ivy said with a smile, she felt that she was intruding, but then wanted to talk to Takeko some more.

Takeko looked up, her eyes widening as she finally got a good look at Ivy. "Oh...my....Ivy?" So this was an Elder...she was so beautiful...so regal... Shaking her head slightly to clear her thoughts, she smiled. "Congratulations to you as well, I see." Grinning, she leaned against Aspen, unconsciously resting her hand protectively over her swollen stomach. "We were starting to worry about you for a while there."

Kane sighed, wondering how he could free himself from the 'thing's' grasp. He looked around. Maybe if he could get it to cling to someone else. Aspen? Takeko? Even Ivy? Maybe...

"Hey, you." He prodded Cabel with a finger, none too gently. "Don't you wanna' go say hi to Grandma or something?"

Cabel's eyes lit up at the suggestion. Nodding enthusiastically, he let go of Kane and scrambled over to Ivy, hugging one of her legs and grinning.

Kane sighed with relief. That was better. At least he wasn't being clung to anymore, even if he was surrounded by all this mushiness. He was still processing the news that there were more little brats on the way.

"Thank you dear. I was worried for a bit out there as well." That quest was the hardest thing she had ever done...

She giggled when Cabel grabbed her leg, "Aren't you the sweetest thing?" She sat down in a chair and stroked the little guy's hair.

Aspen put his hand over Takeko's and laughed, "He loves to hug." Their little fae was such a joy to have around.

"He certainly does." Takeko continued smiling as she leaned against her love, though she had been feeling progressively...tired? Sick? She wasn't sure exactly, but she sighed and stayed where she was, unable to think of anywhere else she'd rather be than here right now.

Kane sulked, finding a chair off in the corner alone and claiming that quickly. He crossed his arms and leaned back, eyes half-lidded as he watched the others. He really needed to find something better to do than hang around these Paes.

Cabel grinned happily as Ivy played with his hair. He loved attention in any form, just about, but this was always nice. He started to let go of her leg to move and maybe climb into her lap when he stopped, confused. It seemed like Grandma's dress was sticking to his arm...well, it did look like a plant. Maybe it was some sort of sap or something? He shook his arm a little, finally getting the fabric to fall free. Almost forgetting this event immediately, he giggled, holding up his arms to signal he wanted to be picked up and held.

Aspen noticed that Takeko did look too good, "Would you like to lay down?" He was worried for her and didn't want you to feel bad.

Ivy watched the boy struggled, but it was brief. She wondered what that was all about, but shrugged and picked up Cabel and set him in her lap. "If you want to rest dear I can watch these too for a bit."

Takeko shook her head gently. "I'm not sure...I'm just not feeling myself lately." She frowned, holding her stomach. Perhaps it was just the pregnancy. Maybe this was normal. She had no idea, but as long as it didn't get any worse, she wouldn't worry about it. She started to sit up and insist that she was fine when a dizzy spell forced her back again. Leaning on Aspen, she rubbed her eyes, murmuring, "Maybe I should lie down after all..."

Kane's eyes never left Takeko's face. He may have seemed distant and half-asleep, but all his senses were focused on the angel femme. Something was up with her...

Cabel snuggled into Grandma's lap before looking at Takeko in concern. Was something wrong with Mommy?

"Well, that's it. I'm taking you to bed." He slowly picked her up. "Can you watch them, Mom?" He was really worried about Takeko and wanted to take care of her.

Ivy shook her head, "It's ok, dears. Your Mom will be fine." Pregancy can be tricky she remembered how it felt when she was pregnant with her children. Ivy stroked the child's head witha small smile.

Takeko started to protest, not wanting Aspen to hurt himself. She was still worried about his foot, though he had said it felt fine. Recently-healed injuries could always be easily injured again. As another wave of dizziness washed over her, however, she went silent, realizing she wasn't sure if she would be able to walk to the bed in the other room on her own anyway. "Thank you," she murmured, eyes closed for a moment. "And thank you, Ivy. I'm sorry about this..." She frowned, hoping the children would behave for her mother-in-law.

Kane's keen stare followed them to the doorway. Before they left, he shot a look to Aspen that said he'd BETTER take care of the Pae in his arms...or else.

Cabel nodded, satisfied if Grandma said that Mommy would be okay. Good enough for him. He leaned back against Ivy, thinking to himself for a moment before asking, "Grandma? Mommy said I was going to have a little brother or sister. When will they get here?"

Aspen nodded at Kane's look. He carried her to the guest bedroom they had shared eariler. He placed her on the bed slowly, "Is there anything you need?" He wanted her to feel better, but wasn't sure what he could do.

Ivy smiled at the two children, "Well, but the looks of your mother, it maybe very soon." She nodded and patted Cable's head, "Are you excited to have a brother or a sister?"

Takeko shook her head slightly, sinking into the comfortable bed with a sigh. "No, thank you, love. This is just fine. I think...I just need some rest..." She began to trail off slowly, yawning at last. She just felt exhausted all of a sudden, her eyelids drifting closed. Maybe, just a little...nap...

Kane growled softly enough that no one else would hear him. Excited? That was hardly the word he'd use. "Hmmph."

Cabel, on the other hand, nodded enthusiastically. "Yes! I'll get to be the big brother, and teach them stuff, and...and..."

Aspen stroked her cheek and kissed her forehead, "Sleep well, my love." He hoped she and the bab was doing ok, he was a bit worried. Instead of going back to the nursery, Aspen pulled over and chair and sat near Takeko and watched her sleep.

Ivy smiled, "Yes that is true. It's nice to taech them what you know. You two will be great older brothers." Ivy smiled and patted Cabel's head. She wondered why the other child was more quite, but didn't pry.

Takeko snuggled down into the blankets sleepily, growing a little concerned by this sudden on-set of exhaustion. She began to drift off to sleep, reaching out slowly, seeking Aspen's hand for comfort.

Kane rolled his eyes discretely. This woman couldn't be serious, could she? He was TRYING to behave...for Takeko's sake, anyway. He knew she'd want that, so he was willing to give it a try...for now at least. That didn't mean he had to be 'friendly' either though.

Cabel laughed, glancing over at Kane. "I don't know about big brother...but I'm going to be the bestest big brother ever! So there!" He grinned proudly, turning and sticking out his tongue at Kane.

Kane growled, narrowing his eyes at the 'thing.' One of these days...one of these days, he'd get his chance to take that thing down...  

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:16 pm
02/21/06 - 02/22/06

(Takeko, Aspen, Kane, Cabel, Ivy, Saffron, and Mei Lien)

-----

Aspen watched her sleep. He hoped she was ok, he would always worried about her.

Ivy laughed at the two, "You two are really silly. I bet you keep your parents on their toes." She smiled and eyed them both.

Takeko cringed, waking up. Something was wrong... "Aspen..." she whispered, reaching again for his hand. She groped about, eyes closed in pain as she clutched her stomach. "Aspen...I think it's time..."

Kane was about to snap back with a smart remark at last when his eyes suddenly darted towards the door. Something was happening...he could sense it...

Cabel sensed nothing of course and busied himself with giving Ivy another spontaneous hug.

"It is?" He ran to the door, "MOM!" He knew that she would be helpful in this situation. He went back to Takeko and took her hand, "I'm here, what do you want me to do?"

Ivy watched Kane run and then heard her son's cry. "Cabel, you may want to stay here, but I need to attend to you Mother." She set him down and then ran to the room. She smiled at her worried son, "Don't worry, it won't be long now."

Takeko whimpered slightly, squeezing his hand. "Just...stay here...with me..." Having never been through this before or talking to anyone who had, the poor angelic Pae had no idea what to expect. Though, with what Iris had said, perhaps no one did.

Kane walked slowly to the doorway, ears alert for the slightest sound.

Cabel scrambled over, trying to peer over Kane's shoulder, but staying put like Grandma had said. "What's going on?"

"Hmmph," Kane narrowed his eyes at the sounds he was picking up. "Looks like you'll be getting your wish sooner than you thought." He growled softly to himself. More little brats like Cabel. Wonderful. He shook his head slightly, ignoring Cabel's happy squeals.

Ivy held two squirming babies in her arms, "You are the proud parents of twins. A boy and a girl, congrats." Ivy had a tear run down her face and was smiling. She laid them on Takeko's lap.

"You did great. I love you!" He kissed her cheek and then smiled at the two moving forms. The first babies he had ever seen, they were gorgeous.

Takeko smiled tiredly, leaning back against the pillows and taking her two darling babies into her arms. Twins! That explained a lot...she hadn't expected that. No wonder....and live birth rather than eggs? It was strange, but they were SO beautiful...

Smiling warmly, she turned and nuzzled Aspen's cheek. "I love you too, sweetheart." Glancing down, she chuckled. "We really are parents this time..." she mused softly.

Aspen stroked the two babies cheeks and then kissed them with a smile, "Yes, we are. Isn't it amazing?" He smiled and then put his arm around his new babies.

Ivy looked down at the two children, "Maybe we should leave these four. You can come back when you Mom rests." She ushered them out of the room, "Are you two hungry?"

"It sure is," she smiled, snuggling into the family hug. Resting her head on Aspen's shoulder, she asked, "Have you thought about names?"

Cabel giggled, only catching a peek of the babies before being ushered out. "Aww...." Then the mention of food reached his ears. "Oh, yes! I'm hungry!" He waved his hand enthusiastically in the air.

Kane shrugged, leaning casually against the doorframe, arms crossed. "I guess..." He turned, following along. "Got any fish?"

"I don't know why, but the name Mei Lien comes to mind. What about you? Did you have a name going for one of these darlings?" Aspen waggled a finger in front of the female who tried to grab it slowly.

Ivy smiled and led them to the kitchen, "Well, no, I don't eat meat." She pulled out some apples and other fruits and quickly made a fruit salad. "Is there something else you would like?"

Takeko smiled. "That's a beautiful name!" She turned to the babies again, kissing the male's forehead, who nearly went cross-eyed trying to look at her, causing her to chuckle softly. "What do you think of the name...Saffron?"

Kane snarled in disgust, glancing towards the door. "Eh, no. Forget it. If I get hungry, I can always go get something myself." He wasn't all that hungry yet anyway. He'd had a good meal at Hula Bob's not long before he'd found this place.

Cabel tried to sneakily reach into the bowl, stealing a piece of fruit. Not really caring if he'd been seen or not, he happily nibbled on the slice of apple he'd managed to snatch.

Aspen smiled, "That's a nice name." Mei Lien finally grabbed his hand and stuck it in her mouth. Aspen burst out laughing, "They are so sweet."

"I'm sorry little one, would you like something to drink instead?" She felt bad, but she had never liked meat. Did Chae have some? Maybe she should look. She went to the cupboard and left the bowl for Cabel to eat out of.

Looks like another one of the special couples Iris visited 2 weeks ago as given birth to 2 precious little bundles!

Welcome to the world, Mei Lien and Saffron!

Congratulations Takeko and Aspen.

Takeko watched Mei Lien and laughed. "Or at least hungry. One or the other," she teased, cuddling her sweet little 'bundles of joy.'

Kane shrugged, "Water's fine, if you must." This woman needed to stop going out of her way for him. He didn't need anything he couldn't get himself. She should just worry about herself...and maybe Cabel.

Cabel grinned, digging into the bowl of fruit with both hands, picking out his favorite pieces.

"That they could be." Aspen laughed and waggled his finger with Mei Lien attatched. He then smiled at Saffron and stroked his cheek.

"Only water? Ok." Ivy got some water and put the glass in front of Kane. "I could bake some cookies, if you both would like." She smiled as she watched Cabel eat. She popped a piece of apple in her mouth and chewed.

Takeko laughed, snuggling against Aspen. "He looks like you," she pointed out, nodding to Saffron.

Kane took the glass and sipped slowly. This was enough for him anyway.

Cabel looked up, tilting his head in curiosity. "Cookies? What are those? Are they tasty?" The Fae child's diet had been limited so far to fruits and veggies and the like. Nothing sweeter than fruit as of yet.

"You think so? I think he's to colorful and pretty to look like me." He chuckled and then looked at Mei Lien, "Mei Lien looks like her Mommy."

Ivy smiled, "Cookies are really good. I have a few." She jpulled some chocolate chip cookies out of a cupboard and passed a few out to the children. "Try one."

Takeko chuckled, turning and kissing his cheek. "Oh you..." She grinned, stroking Mei Lien's cheek. "She has my markings at least..."

Kane eyed the 'cookie' warily for a moment before picking it up and taking a tentative nibble. Wow...sweet. He blinked, chewing for a minute. He supposed he could get used to the sweetness. Seems a lot of the things Paes ate leaned towards the sweet side, so he'd have to get used to some of them. Doesn't mean they'd EVER get him to eat those 'vegetable' things. No rabbit food for him.

Cabel, on the other hand, took one bite of the first cookie and began happily 'inhaling' the rest of them. "Mmmph, these are good!" he paused just long enough to say around a mouthful of cookie. Perhaps...sugar wasn't the best thing to give Cabel...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:25 pm
02/27/06

(Kane, Maya, Zephyros, and Quinn)

-----

Maya sauntered up to her brother, her fairy wings shimmering in the sunlight. "I was worried about you, big brother." She sniffled and plopped down beside him, trying not to cry tears of joy.

Zephyros looked over at her. "I just went for a walk, crybaby."

Maya frowned. She didn't like to be called that.

Quinn ignored the two younger teens and watched the aions play in the water.

Kane panted slightly, springing nimbly from one branch to the next, never stopping to rest or even pausing to think about his next move. Everything was instinct. Branch. Leap. Land. Branch. Leap again.

He'd finally escaped both Cabel and the crazy woman with the 'cookies,' striking out into the forest for a while to be alone. It wasn't long before he'd started feeling strange and next thing he new, he was taller...lankier, but stronger. He decided to test this new form and he had to admit, he was pleased so far. He had pushed himself far past anything he had been able to do before and he was barely feeling it.

Smirking, he leapt out of the last tree, falling about ten feet and landing in a crouch on all fours on the beach. Nice workout, but he knew he could handle more than that. He'd become the deadliest hunter in the entire forest one day. Nothing could challenge him. He stood slowly, stretching to his new height and heading for the water. He was a little warm from that workout...maybe a nice dip would do the trick.

He was quick to notice the crowd of Paes on the beach, but decided to ignore them unless he absolutely had to deal with them. They weren't worth his precious time.

Being ignored, Maya wiped a tear from her eye and glanced toward the trees. Something blue? What in the world was that? She stared outright in curiousity.

Kane glanced to the side, feeling eyes upon him. His eyes swept over the Fae femme and he snarled quietly to himself. Not another one of those things...were they everywhere? Cabel was bad enough...would this one prove to be just as obnoxious? Well, he didn't intend to find out if he had anything to say about it. He narrowed his eyes, glaring at her for a moment before whirling about and heading for the water's edge. Who was she to sit there and STARE at him anyway? HIM? Well...perhaps he couldn't blame her...he was rather intimidating...

Maya tilted her head in confusion. It seemed this blue Pae was... inner monologuing? She thought she caught the slight twitch of his mouth at times, but then again it may have just been a mirage; the bright sun was not good for the fae in large doses. She stood and retreated to the shade of a tree a few yards away from the interesting new Pae.

Ignoring the pesky Fae for now, Kane set his sights on the water, looking cool and refreshing on this warm day, especially after his earlier workout. He grinned, dropping to all-fours instinctually as he ran, leaping into the water with a splash. He rose, water dripping from his hair as he shook it out, actually tempted to laugh for once in his life. Okay, this was nice...no one around to bother him either.

Maya stifled a giggle. The bluey Pae looked funny with his hair sticking to him like that.

Kane ran his fingers through his hair, making sure it was all out of his face. Well, that was refreshing. He stalked back up onto the beach, shaking himself dry like some sort of animal, leaving his hair looking more like it did normally in fact. He smirked, looking about. This place wasn't so bad afterall if no one else was around to bother you.

Maya giggled. This new dude was amusing. She played with the end of her braid and continued to giggle.

Kane looked up, still feeling uncomfortable like he was being watched. That FAE! She was STILL staring at him! Growling, he whirled about, stalking over like a hunting beast; slow and deliberate, with a sort of feral grace. "Alright you," he spat. "You got a frickin' problem or something?" He hissed softly, growing tired of this pest.

Maya's smiled turned into a frown. She didn't like it when people were mean to her. "No... You don't have to be so mean." She sniffled, looking up at him with her bright blue eyes that were now a bit glassy.

Kane arched an eyebrow. He wasn't exactly expecting this sort of response. He crossed his arms angrily, growling. "You're the one who was staring at me. And I can do whatever I damn well please. You got a problem with THAT, missy?"

"N-no," Maya whimpered as a tear ran down the side of her face. "I just wanted to be your friend." She covered her face with her hands, trying to restrain her tears.

Kane growled, glaring. It wasn't any fun to fight with someone who wasn't going to fight back. He rolled his eyes, snarling, "Oh, cut that crying out. That's pathetic. It's not like I hurt you or anything. Though I could..." He added the last line quietly, smirking to himself. What was wrong with Faes? Strange things...

Maya sniffled and wiped her eyes. "You hurt my feelings. I just wanted to be friends."

"Feelings?!?" Kane scoffed. What a stupid concept. "That's absurd. You're a weird one, I'll give you that." He crouched, looking her in the eye, balanced lightly on his toes. "You just need to grow up. Act your age. You're not a child anymore, are you? Then stop acting like one."  

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:39 pm
02/27/06

(Cabel, Polgara, Casala, and Bellatrix)

-----

Cabel stretched, finding himself on the beach now. He was still amused by his growth just recently. Not yet an adult, but certainly not a child anymore, he was rapidly getting used to his new form. He chuckled, having lost his more childish giggle at last, and attempted a spontaneous cartwheel across the sand. Okay, not quite disastrous, but definitely awkward. He kept smiling as he crossed the sands, moving towards a group of Paes that reminded him of his grandma, Ivy. Perhaps they were Elders as well then? He waved, just in case any of them had seen him so they wouldn't think him rude, though he didn't want to interrupt anything.

Pol turned her head and watched the youth. She waved her free hand and sipped her Cola, squinting her eyes against the glare of the sun. "Sunglasses..." Pol said holding out her free hand. She looked at the ugly pair of thick rimmed glasses. She shuddered and tossed them on the sand. "Sunglasses..." She said again... This time a slightly better pair, but still shudder worthy. She grumped and tossed them aside. She took a deep breath and did it again.

It took her five tries to get a pair of sunglasses she liked, and she popped them on her face with a smile, feeling quite content that she looked as good as she could all things considered.

Cabel smiled as one of the Elders seemed to notice him. Err...sorta' at least. He watched curiously as she seemed to summon items from nowhere, finally placing a pair of glasses on her face that shielded her eyes from the sun. Or so he guessed. He'd never seen anything like them before. Still not wanting to be rude, he headed down to the water's edge, sitting in the sand and casually crossing his ankles, feet resting in the cool water.

"Hey, you, Kid!" Pol waved a moment at the other pae with a smile again. "You want something to drink?" She asked, pointing at the can near her resting in the sand of the diet cola. She wasn't going to drink it and she might as well see if this child wanted it... Not to mention, he was kinda cute, in that young, jail-bait sorta way.

Cabel looked up, reaching up and brushing a lock of hair from his eyes. Darn hair seemed so long now, as if it wasn't before. She was talking to him, right? With a quick furtive glance around, he made sure there was no one else he hadn't noticed. Nope. No one else. Well, it was sorta' warm out here...

He smiled, climbing to his feet and heading over. "Sure," he answered, still getting used to this new height. Dropping down in the sand nearby, he picked up the can, looking at it strangely for a moment before taking a sip. Wow...that was certainly different from the water he was used to! He blinked for a minute as the carbonation made his eyes start to water, then laughed, wiping his eyes. "Thank you, miss," he answered politely, nodding with a smile.

Polgara giggled and rolled onto her side. "Please, call me Pol!" She smiled and watched him through the dark lenses of her glasses, as she reclined on her side, her elbow on the towel as she held her head in her hand. She smiled a bit playfully and wiggled her toes a bit stretching her legs a little. "To be honest I really don't like that kind, and It would be a shame to waste it..." Truth be told though, she would have left it there, along with the other four pair of glasses she had laying about in the sand around her. "So, since you know my name, what is yours?"

Cabel nodded apologetically. "I'm sorry, Pol. My name is Cabel. It's very nice to meet you." He smiled, polite as always, though he seemed to have lost quite a bit of the childish behavior that he'd carried for so long. And rather quickly. He raised one knee, resting his arm on it as he looked at Pol for a moment before speaking again. "You're...an Elder, aren't you?"

"Yes Cabel I am..." Pol smiled sweetly at the boy as she let herself sit up. "Most of my family is now-a-days to tell the truth..." She giggled and shook her head. "All save my dirty old man of an older brother, but he's not really something to talk about..." She covered her mouth with her free hand to still her giggles, and then sipped at her Cola. "I am the High Summoner, I can summon anything that I need or desire, even the messanger of the Guardians herself, but only if the need is dire... But that is only my job, and it does not define who I am, so I am simply Pol, housewife and mother," She smiled warmly at Cabel.

Cabel's eyes widened with each word, only growing more and more impressed with each word. She could summon anything? Anything? Wow... He nodded, trying to absorb all this. "That's...amazing," he finally muttered, shaking his head. "I've only met one Elder...my grandma...she just completed her quest, but I didn't have time to ask about her power. Do you know her? Her name is Ivy." He looked curious. Did all the Elders know each other?

Ivy... Ivy... IVY!

Pol smiled and nodded her head. "I know Ivy..." She giggled a bit. "She is my nephew's wife, a very kind woman, she is your grandmother? Hmmm... Then that must mean that you are one of my nephew's children's child?" She smiled warmly and took another sip of her cola, as she watched Cabel. "My, my, much has happened since I last visted..."

Cabel paused. He was old enough to know that Takeko and Aspen weren't his REAL parents. Neither of them were Fae and plus...he didn't remember being a baby or anything. He just...was. And then there was glomping Kane. He chuckled softly at the memory. "Err, well, that's not exactly the case. See, they're not REALLY my parents, but I don't have anyone else and they took me in and..." he trailed off. Did he even HAVE real parents? He shook his head, continuing after a pause. "They did just have twins of their own though."

Pol smiled. "You silly, they are still your paren'ts even if they only took you in..." She smiled softly and sighed a bit. "I have a son who is not of my flesh and blood..." She looked away for a moment and took a long drink of her soda. "He... He grew up very fast though..." She sighed a bit. "Near about broke my heart in two, I don't see him often, he's an Elder too... He got his dream, and for that I am happy for him..."

Cabel frowned, reaching out instinctively to touch her arm. "I...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." He hated seeing others in pain. It tore him apart inside. He tried to pull his hand away, but realized that he couldn't for some reason. Panicking slightly, he tried to cover by leaving his hand where it was, hoping she didn't mind. What in all of Telrunya was going on?

Pol smiled softly at shook her head. "No Cabel, you didn't upset me, twas only memories of the past..." She waved the hand with her cola and tried to move her other, noting his hand was... Attached. She looked at it oddly for a moment. "Now this is... interesting..."

Cabel blushed deeply, still unable to move his hand. "I...I'm sorry! I don't know...what's happening exactly...this is the second time something like this has happened, and I..." He stammered, only getting more flustered and embarrassed, not noticing this was only causing him to get more completely stuck. Oh Guardians, there IS something wrong with me...I'm a freak...

Pol smiled softly and put her Cola down and taking a risk, put her other hand on top of his. "Shhh... Calm down and breath, I'm not saying this is bad, I'm just saying it's odd... I'd say it's just your power coming into it's stride, nothing to apologize for you just need to learn to control it... Trust me, I've had my share of problems too... Still do..." She said motioning with her head at the four other pairs of glasses.

Cabel hand trembled slightly as Pol spoke. His power? This was his power at work? What sort of power was this? He listened, nodding carefully as he took a few deep breaths, trying to calm himself. "Even you have problems, then?" he asked, trying to distract himself a little. It was a reassuring thought though. He didn't even notice that his hand was beginning to free itself as he calmed.

Pol smiled. "That drink I gave you was one of my now many mistakes..." She giggled a bit. "I hate diet sodas..." She said with a light nod of her head. "And it took me five tries to get these wonderful glasses..." She giggled some more. "We all make mistakes, nobody is perfect, not even us Elders..." Or at least, that's how she saw things. She was just learning the ins and outs of her power really, and she knew now that she'd have to be monster specific if she wanted something. As Cabel's hand started to pry from hers she smiled. "See, You're slowly learning control..."

Cabel had been listening carefully and not paying attention. He looked down with relief and sighed, still concentrating on relaxing and growing calm. As long as he didn't get anxious or upset again, maybe he'd be okay. This was going to be 'fun." Finally able to remove his hand from Pol's arm, he chuckled nervously. "Thanks." Patting her arm hesitantly, he pulled away quickly...just in case.

Pol smiled and nodded her head. "See, there..." She giggled a little and finished up her Cola, crushing the can and placing it in the sand beside her towel, watching Cabel again. "You'll get the hang of it, just give yourself time," She smiled brightly at him.

Cabel nodded, trying to smile as he drew up his knees and wrapped his arms around them. Wait...he couldn't get stuck to himself, could he? Oh, this was going to be great to deal with... "Thanks. I sure hope so. This could be troublesome if not." He thought back to when he was a child and used to glomp everyone in sight. Unable to help laughing at the thought, she shook his head with amusement. At least he hadn't gotten stuck to Kane.

Pol smiled. "I'm sure you will figure it out!" She clapped her hands together a bit and giggled. "It surely is an interesting power..." She pulled her hands apart. "Beer..." She said in a different tone, a command of sorts, off hand. With a light pop a can of beer appeared in her hand, and she popped the top, then slid her glasses up onto the top of her head, and sipped at the beer. "You want one or are you still working on the other?" She pointed at the diet Cola can nearby.

Yeah... She really didn't have a grasp on underage drinking.

Cabel picked up the can and finished off the soda with a long, slow tilt of his head. Crushing the can in one hand, he dropped it in the sand with a smirk. "I am now," he chuckled, feeling a little better. He stretched out one leg, leaning back on his hands and digging his toes into the warm sand. It was really nice out here, if warm, but the drink helped that. Another sounded good about now. 'Course, he figured if it came in a can, it was just another soda. He had no idea the number of things that could be served in cans...

"Beer," Pol again commanded, this time the can appearing in her other empty hand. She smiled and tossed it at Cabel. "Catch!" She giggled at him with a grin as she took another slow sip of hers.

Little did she know what sort of hell she was about to put that poor boy through.

Though, in all honesty, if she had, she probably would have offered it anyway, Pol was a playful sort of girl, and though she did not delight in seeing others suffer, she would not deny anyone something if they wanted it.

Well... To a certain extent!

Casala has found that a walk is a marvelous method for clearing one's head, especially when one has found recent thoughts to be unnerving. After having a loooong talk to Eirnae about the meaning of a kiss, and realizing that she'd gotten her first one from a female Pae she considers a good friend, and will never think of in that fashion, she's very much confused. Isn't a first kiss supposed to be romantic in nature? Hers wasn't at all...

She doesn't pay attention to where she is going, though she does look up and wave to those she knows as she spots them, only to get lost in her thoughts once more. Veron flutter its wings atop her head, the Guardian's body of light nestled in her hair.

Pol turned her head for a moment and smiled, seeing another young person coming up the beach. She waved and smiled. "Hey! Over here!" She giggled a bit, waving her arm.

This one too was cute in that jailbait fashion as well! She giggled a bit and stayed in her comfortable position of half sitting half leaning back.

Cabel grinned, catching the can swiftly. Definitely much less clumsy than he'd been as a child...though he'd never have been able to match up to Kane's natural agility anyway.

He popped the top a little awkwardly, as this was his first time with something like this, and tilted his head back for a good long drink. He doubled over quickly, coughing and sputtering in surprise. That was SO not the same as what he'd just had! He eyed the can warily, eyes darting to Pol and watching her drink before he tried again. He took it slower this time and managed to get it down without making a scene. Wow...that was some...'interesting' stuff. That was the only word he could come up with right now. He didn't want to insult her though, as she had gotten it just for him.

He shook his head slightly, feeling a little strange as he continued taking small, but continuous sips. It was cold at least, right?

Casala looks up when she hears Pol's voice, looking surprised when she finally notices the scrunch of sand under her feet. Ah.. Had she wandered that far? Looks over to where Cabel is, and then back to Pol, she smiles and waves over to Pol, adding some speed to her steps to head over in that direction.

Nothing better to distract her than to meet some new people, right?

"Hello!" she calls cheerfully, tucking her sash around her arms a bit tighter so it doesn't slip. "I don't think I've been out this far onto the beach, at least not with so many Pae'il around."

Veron buzzes faintly, but doesn't rouse from Casala's locks, seemingly perfectly comfortable right where it is.

Pol smiled softly at Cabel as he sputters. "Take it slow," She giggles a bit before turning to Casala again. "Hello, I'm Polgara, please call me Pol. This young man here is Cabel," She said motioning with her free hand. She then waves her half full can of beer at Casala. "Want a beer?" She asks with a light giggle.

No, it did not take a lot to get Pol tipsy...

Scary thing was... She wasn't even CLOSE to tipsy...

"A pleasure to meet you both," she answers politely with a bow of her head in the direction of each before resting a hand between the 'bumps' on her chest. She keeps forgetting to ask Eirnae what the heck those things are called...

"My name is Casala, and this is Veron." She points up to where the blue Guardian is resting on her head, the blue light's wings fluttering in response as the Guardian gives a half-hearted buzz. "Ah.. What's a beer, exactly?"

Bellatrix had been following her friend, at Casey's insistance. She wanted to find more of her family! Not talk to other Pae.

Although, Casala isn't bad. She's actually one of her few friends. . . .

Oh well. She walks up the beach toward where Casala is, keeping her head bent down.

Cabel looked up quickly at Casala, getting a little dizzy in the process. This caused him to chuckle slightly and he listened for the answer to her question, wondering about this 'beer' stuff as well. Why hadn't he asked that?

He look another drink, tilting his head back far enough that he ended up propped up on his elbows. And perhaps, in a moment of childishness...or not...he giggled. Poor boy was still nearer to child than adult and as it were, had NO tolerance whatsoever.

Pol smiled, and held out her free hand. "Beer," She again commanded and yet another can of the stuff appeared in her open hand. "Is a fermented grain, it is a bit on the bitter side, but it's very relaxing... and can sometimes relax you a bit too much... But I don't think a single can will smash you..." She'd been smashed a few times in her life... the mornings after were horrible..." Poor teens tho... They didn't know WHAT they were in for...

"Smash me?" she asked incredulously, blinking twice in quick succession. This woman wanted to give her something that might physically smash her? She peers at the can in Pol's hand warily. It doesn't look big enough to mash her into a pancake as she'd just imagined in her head.

Wait.. fermented? Where had she heard that before? "Like how grapes or berries are fermented for wine?" she asks curiously. She'd had a sip of Eirnae's silverberry wine, and that wasn't bitter. Maybe it was because this stuff was made from grain and not berries?

Bellatrix walks right up to Cassala, and peers at the can the other woman is holding out, as well. Quirking a brow, she regards the woman warily a moment, before turning her yellow eyes to Casala. "Hello," she says, her same wicked smile coming to her lips.

She thinks that, perhaps, she needs to keep an eye on her friend. As great as it would be to see the others be stupid, she doens't think that Casala should get that way. . . .

"Yes, in quite the same fashion..." Pol said with a light giggle. She eyes Cabel and she frowns.

Okay, now this WAS NOT good!

She put the beer down in the sand and bit her lip.

Okay, perhaps Teens + Beer = BAD...

This would have been good information fifteen minutes ago! She sighed and shook her head. "On second thought, let's not give you Beer..." She smiled weakly at Casala before turning her attention to Bellatrix. "Hello..." She nods her head, before looking worridly back at Cabel.

Okay, Cabel was lying in the sand at this point. What was IN this stuff? Oh yeah, Pol said something about grain...that was in like...bread, right? Mmm...bread was good. He didn't know it made you sleepy though! So, if bread made you sleepy, what made you wakey? He giggled. Wakey...that was a fun word. Like...'banana.' So many A's in the word...and bananas were tasty too. But oranges were sweeter.

That cloud up there looked like an orange. He wanted one. He reached up, trying to take the cloud-orange, but he couldn't seem to reach it. Maybe if he could fly...but he hadn't learned how yet. He pouted for a moment, poking out his lip before inching over towards Pol. "I want an orange," he pouted, laying his head in her lap.

Guardians only knows where she was going to think that came from.

"Hello. . . ." she says to the elder, watching the other Pae. Alright, that was dead funny. She might be able to screw with that one a bit. . . .

Her wicked smile on her lips broadens, and her eyes dance mischievously.

Casala turns at the sound of Bellatrix's voice, muscles relaxing as she sees the familiar splash of color that is her friend's aura even before Bellatrix's face comes into view. "It's great to see you, Bellatrix. You as well, Casey," she greets warmly, gesturing towards Pol, "I was just offered a... Ah, not a good idea?" she asks as Pol looks decidingly sheepish then sighs. "Well, if you say so, Miss Pol... Is Cabel alright?"

She shifts forward and kneels down in the sand so she can examine Cabel a bit closer, not caring that her hair is now trailing on the ground collecting sparkling grains at the strands' tips. "Does beer often cause a sudden craving for fruit?"

"No, not usually... I do believe the poor boy is drunk..." Pol sighed and bit her lip. "He is going to have a VERY rough day tomorrow if this is any indication..." She sighed and brushed the boy's hair as she summoned an orange and handed it to him. "I have a bad feeling you're going to hate oranges after tommorrow if you eat that... I would suggest going and getting some sleep Cabel..." She frowned heavily. Tomorrow would NOT be a good for him at all. "So yeah... I think Beer and people your age do not mix well..." Her brow furrowed.

Oh yes, very smart Polgara!

Bellatrix rolls her eyes. "Well, yeah. Alcohol and anyone does not mix. It makes you act like an idiot," she gestures to the drunk Pae. She looks at Casala. "I was going to slap the can from your hand if she hadn't thought it wiser not to give you any," she tells her, a small smile on her lips again.

Casey, the spirit snake, starts to circle around Casala. "Heeeello," he says.

"Nyoka explained things to me. Sometimes, you can get a hangover. That makes you throw up, and you have a massive headache. Light and sound makes it even worse. I almost wish I were there to see how miserable this Cabel will be. . . ." she says, her grin growing wicked again.

Cabel grinned lopsidedly, reaching up and clumsily trying to swat at Casala's hair, giggling when he misses. "Heeellooooo therrre!" he slurred slightly. He grinned and snuggled against Polgara as she brushed his hair.

"Ooooo...oooorannnge...." He giggled again, clutching the fruit, but showing no inclination of actually eating it. He struggled to focus on what Pol was saying, though his attention kept wandering to the others. "Sleeeep? Bread equals sleep." He nodded, proud of his earlier discovery. "Sleep here then," he announced, spontaneously moving to curl up next to Pol on her blanket, nearly falling over twice in the process and giggling. Lying down at last, he closed his eyes, suddenly sleepy from the combination of the alcohol and the sun. He drifted off quickly, blissfully unaware of the hell tomorrow would hold for him.

"Ugh.. Then why would anyone drink the stuff?" Casala questions with a wrinkled nose at how Cabel's breath smells. Ew.. Okay, that is definately one of the worst smells she's ever.. yes, she's ever tasted. Uck! She sticks her tongue out and looks down at it in disgust, as if exposing it to the air is going to make things any better.

Noticing Casey winding around her, she sucks her tongue back in and aims to run a hand along the Yaaraer's length as he weaves in the air. "Glad to see that you missed me, Casey," she murmurs with a smile, "Any luck finding the others?"

She watches Cabel curl up on the blanket, completely believing Bellatrix's words that beer makes everyone look an idiot. Oh, that poor boy! He'll be in a lot of pain tomorrow morning, and he doesn't even know it yet. "Maybe I can see if there is a natural remedy for a hangover in the notes I got from Eirnae?" She believes Bellatrix's comments about watching Cabel suffer to be an expression of the medically curious, not that of one who enjoys watching the process for pain's sake alone.

Bellatrix watches Cabel, and laughs at the face that Casala makes. "Nyoka reccomends Irish tea. She says sometimes, alcohol is one of the only ways to ease it, though only a moderate amount. . . ." she sighs. "Or, to prevent it, you are supposed to drink lots of water, and eat some bread, while you are drinking. I doubt Cabel did that, though," she says, snickering a little.

Oh, man! She would give ANYTHING to see him wake up in the morning! She could screech, and put some light in his eyes. . . . Would serve him right, too. Drinking the stuff in the first place.

"Weeee haaave foooound maaaanny ooooof oooour faaaaaamilyyy. Thaaaaank yooooou foooooor aassssssssssssssssssking, Caaassssssssssssaaaalaaa," Casey replies, hissing in a pleased way at being pet.

"Yes that would be best..." Pol said as she slid off the blanket and wrapped the boy in it, making it so he was comfortable. Oh, she WAS going to bring him home, that was the least she could do. "I'm afraid I will have to cut this short..." She bowed to Casala and Bellatrix, even though she knew not her name. "It was a pleaseure meeting you both, now if you must excuse me..." She knelt down and picked up Cabel in the blanket, cradling his body as best she could. "I have to be returning home with this poor boy to make amends for putting him in this condition..." She sighed and looked at Casala. "If you do come up with something my house is over there..." She motioned with her head towards Loki Nei which could be barely seen past Dragnid from where they stood. "It's a small cottage, you can't miss it... Either myself or my wife will answer the door..." She murmured and bowed her head. "Unless you would like to walk with me there..." She said, slowly heading away from the two. "Then we could have some tea... Which I assure you is not as bad for you as beer..."

"No, but thank you," Bellatrix tells the elder. "I'm Bellatrix, by the way. And, I should be heading back to my cave. I'll be around the temple later tomorrow, Casala. I want to start helping you, and working on your training a little more," she smiles, and waves, as she heads back to her own cave.

"Come on, Casey," she says.

"Byyyyyyye, Caaaasssssssssssssaalaaa," Casey says, and starts to slither through the air after Bellatrix.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:27 am
03/28/06

(Takeko, Aspen, Saffron, and Mei Lien)

-----

Takeko smiled warmly, cradling Saffron in her lap as she sat on the porch and looked out at the river. She couldn't believe how natural this all felt. She had her own home on the river with Aspen, and they were raising two children of their own...and it all felt so...right. She paused, glancing down at the giggling baby, thanking the Guardians once again for her many blessings.

Aspen walked to the front of the house carrying Mei Lien. He spotted Takeko and a smile went instantly to his face. "Afternoon, my dear." He went to her side and kissed her head, "How is my little family doing today?"

Takeko grinned, turning and returning the kiss. "Good afternoon, honey. We're doing just wonderfully. It's such a beautiful day and we're all here together...what more could I ask for?"

Saffron giggled, reaching up and swatting at a dangling strand of his mom's hair.

Aspen smiled and pulled over a chair to sit next to Takeko. "No, I couldn't ask for more." He smiled at Saffron. "Maybe then would like to play?" He set Mei Lien on the floor.

Mei Lien giggled and waited on the floor for her brother. She wanted to show him the sand that she had played in with that other toddler.

Nodding, Takeko snuggled Saffron for a moment, kissing his head and setting him on the floor. She smiled, leaning on Aspen as she watched her children play, maternal instincts on alert as always.

Saffron crawled over to Mei Lien, grinning and eager to play. He hadn't had a chance to burn any of his pent-up energy yet today and wanted to explore.

Mei Lien giggled and wandered to the sand, which wasn't far from the parents. She looked over her shoulder to see if he had followed, "Fun!" She said as she started to pile the sand up.

Aspen cuddled with Takeko and watched the toddlers, "Mei Lien loves to play in the dirt and leaves. She has fun stacking and knocking things down." Aspen chuckled and put his arms around her.

Takeko laughed, snuggling close. "Perhaps she'll grow up to build something special one day. If nothing else, maybe she'll do something creative."

Saffron followed his sister, watching her curiously. "F..un?" he said slowly, tilting his head. He eyed the sand, digging his hands in deeply and playing with the unfamiliar grainy texture.

Aspen smiled, "Maybe, you never know, do you?" He smiled and caressed her hair, he always loved her long hair.

"Fun!" She nodded and piled the dirt higher and then hit it so the piles went everywhere. She laughed and clapped her hands.

Sighing softly in contentment, Takeko nuzzled Aspen's neck, looping her arms around his waist. "Yes, you're right...you never know." She grinned, watching the children at play, comforted by her love's presence.

Saffron squeaked, leaning back, trying to stay away from the flying sand. He leaned a bit too far and fell back on his bottom; not a far fall, of course. After a moment of surprise, he laughed too, beginning to make his own pile of sand.

"They are too cute, huh?" He smiled, "What happened to our other sons?" He hadn't seen them for a while and wondered what trouble they were getting into.

Mei Lien smiled and then started to pile the dirt up again. This time going for a taller stack than before. She looked over at Saffron and giggled.

Takeko shook her head slightly, though she had been wondering the same thing. "I'm a little worried...but they are getting older. We have to let them spend a little time on their own too. Let them met others, grow, and form their own lives. Much as I'd just rather keep them here sometimes..." she finished quietly.

Saffron paused, watching Mei Lien for a moment before pushing his pile of sand over to add to hers. Grinning at her, he laughed. They'd build the tallest pile of sand ever!

Aspen smiled, "Yes, your right. We do have to let them have their own lives." He hoped they would be ok and at least check in from time to time. "Good thing our other two are still little." They wouldn't be running off so soon.

Mei Lien giggled louder as Saffron pushed his pile to hers. "Big!" She knew they would build a huge tower of sand.

Takeko chuckled, nodding. "Yes...good thing. We'll still have plenty of time with them..."

Saffron tilted his head, repeating this word as well. "Bi...ig? Big!" He giggled, eagerly picking up these new words with ease. He took a handful of sand, holding it up and letting it trickle on the top of the pile, watching the grains fall in fascination.

"Yeah, and more if we don't let them leave." He laughed and held her closer.

Mei Lien giggled and helped her brother stack and pile up the dirt. She hoped that it went as tall as her Dad!

Laughing, she hugged Aspen back. "Sounds like a plan. Did you have something in mind?" She winked playfully.

Saffron watched the sand run down the sides of the pile, dropping more and more on top. Soon, he was having difficulty reaching the top of the pile, so he tried to stand, wobbly at first, then falling again on his bum, pouting.

"Well, the image of locks and bolts on doors comes to mind." He smiled and tickled her neck a little as he joked.

Mei Lien tried to help Saffron fell down too. Maybe it was time to knock the whole thing down?

Takeko laughed, squirming a little to avoid his tickling. "Hmm...perhaps we could arrange that," she teased back.

Saffron giggled, crawling forward and trying to climb the pile of sand. Of course, this resulted only in more and more sand sliding down the sides of the 'mountain' as he scrambled futilely, laughing all the while.

Takeko stood, walking over to pick up the squirming baby Saffron. "Come along, dear...let's go inside and get you cleaned up for dinner, shall we?"

Aspen smiled and picked up Mei Lien, "Let's follow Mommy and brother, ok?"

Mei Lien smiled and cuddled against her dad.  

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 am
05/01/06

(Takeko, Saffron, Nimaina (human caretaker), Kedana, and Polgara)

-----

Nimaina landed in an ungraceful heap on the landing pad, only managing to land sitting to protect the pink wrapped bundle in her arms. "You had to press the button. Why do you always have to press the button?" she scolded her familliar.

"Sorry," Arilin, her Fandangle chirped, not sounding sorry at all. "At least it was fun!"

"That's a matter of opinion," Nima groaned, getting up. "You can float." The baby in her arms apparently agreed with the Fandangle. Giggles and happy coo's emerged from the pink blanket. Nima glanced down with a wry smile. "Don't you start too. Now where are we?"

Polgara made her way down the path towards the landing circle, her wings beating lightly as she hummed, her fingers tapping against her hip as she 'danced' while she walked. She had a song stuck in her head, and it was driving her nuts, she just had to move to it, causing her dress to swish as she walked.

She didn't even really notice the heap of Nimaina in the middle of the landing zone, being as caught up in her internal soundtrack as she was. And for a moment, she just danced and hummed loudly. Yeah... Not the most aware elder at the moment.

Takeko continued on her way through the woods, enjoying just getting out and getting some exercise among the flora she found so soothing. She cuddled a drowsy Saffron on her hip, his head resting on her shoulder as he dozed. She smiled warmly at her precious son, shifting him to hold him closer to her body. "There's my sweet little boy," she murmured, pausing as she heard the sound of humming...and voices?

"How'm I supposed to know?" Ari asked his bonded back. "I've only been where you take me."

"That was rhetorical..." Nima was saying as she heard someone humming nearby. "Hey, there's someone. Maybe she can tell us where we are." She walked up to Polgara shyly. "Umm, excuse me?"

Polgara froze when she was spoken too, and blinked, looking at the caretaker asking a question.

Oh for the love of the Guardians, don't freeze up now! You can do this, you've spoken to people plenty of times!

"Hello," She said, when she found her voice, fighting down the embarrassment as it came, realzing that she probably had been seen doing very unelderlike behavoir - as her father would put it - in front of a care taker.

"Are you in need of assistance?" She asked, standing up straight and brushing her dress back into it's proper place so that her feet were once again hidden.

"Hello," Nima replied, feeling rather nervous herself. "Um, actually...yes...we are..."

Ari grumbled, annoyed with her. The Widget floated up close to Polgara's face. "We're lost! Do you know where we are? Can you help us?"

"Ari!" Nima hissed at him.

"Well we are!"

Kedana peeked out of the blanket, attracted by the loud voices. The baby caught sight of Polgara and squealed happily, reaching for the new person.

Takeko paused, staying at a distance until she knew who or what could be ahead. Cradling Saffron protectively, she peered around the tree, relaxing when she saw that one of the figures was an Elder. Smiling gently, she stepped into sight, staying off to the side so as not to interrupt the conversation.

Polgara saw motion in one eye, and raised a hand quickly, to let the caretaker know she would be with her, the babe, and the... Thing... In a moment. Her eyes fell on Takeko and Saffron and she bowed her head, letting the other woman know that she was noticed before turning her attention back to the task at hand.

"Well, first and foremost, you are on the isle known as Telrunya," Polgara began, her eyes falling to the squealing infant that was reaching for her. Her maternal instinct was screaming at her to take it, to hold it close and cuddle it. But she fought her instinctual urges and tried to embrace cold reason like her father expected her to.

"This is where the Pae'il live, I am Polgara - High Summoner - and one of the few elders of this isle." She dropped a little as she curtsied gently, her hands lifting her dress just a smidge. "Welcome," She spoke.

But the baby was still calling to her heartstrings, and she just wanted to hold it, if only for a little while. But she would try to resist as much as she could.

"I see..." Nima murmured, even though she really didn't. The words didn't have any meaning for her yet. "It's a pleasure to meet you High Summoner Polgara," dipping her head respectfully. She couldn't really bow or anything with a squirmy baby in her arms. "Ummm, I'm sorry if this seems silly but...who are the Pae'il?" she asked, feeling out of the loop.

Kedana's eyes went wide. The pretty lady didn't want to hug? She started to pout and reached out again, her coo's sounding sad and hopeful.

Takeko nodded back to the Elder, turning her attention back to Saffron who was beginning to stir. She smiled, setting the child down on the forest floor so he could play for a while.

Saffron yawned a bit, looking around curiously. Giggling, he toddled forward and sat down, beginning to pile up dirt in front of him, engaging himself in some private child's amusement.

Pol eyed the child again when the sound changed and her face fell. Her lower lip started to quiver and then she shook her head until she cleared it.

"That infant in your arms is a Pae'il, as am I," Polgara spoke, before looking at the babe again. "If I may... be so bold as to ask? May I hold her?" She opened her arms, looking at the small child.

She remembered when Victor was small enough to hold... He'd been such a sweetheart before...

No, best not to dwell on that.

Nima's eyes went wide as she breathed a soft "oh" "So that's what she is..." she murmured, looking down at Kedana. "Hm? Oh! Of course you may." She smiled and handed the baby to Polgara.

Kedana grinned widely. There was the attention she wanted. She cooed happily now, less squirmy since she was getting what she wanted.

Arilin huffed, bored with the conversation. He floated off, looking for someone or something to bug, really to come back if his bonded called.

Polgara smiled and held the baby in her arms, sighing a little as she slowly started to rock the infant back and forth in her grasp. "Such a sweet little life," She murmured, her voice barely even breaking the still air.

"It has been a long, long time since I have held an infant," Polgara said with a bit more volume, so that Nima could hear her. "Since before my youngest son became an adult..." She sighed a little, and bit her lip, refusing to let herself break in front of both caretaker and young one, as well as their guests, who she was starting to feel a bit guilty for not including. So she lifted her chin and turned her head. "Excuse me miss, would you care to join us for some tea?" She asked, calling over to Takeko.

She then turned her head back to Nima, "That is, if you like tea," She bowed her head and thought for a moment.

Now how would it be best to do this, she did not want to let the infant go, though, she could simply take the infant again when she'd summoned what they would need.

Content now, Kedana just smiled. She was getting sleepy from the rocking, so she yawned and cuddled closer to Polgara.

"Oh...well..." Nima wasn't entirely sure what to say to that. 'I'm sorry,' didn't exactly suit the conversation. So she gladly picked up on the new topic. "That would be lovely. I love tea." She glanced back to where Takeko was and waved shyly. She hadn't even realized anyone else was here.

Takeko smiled, nodding to the Elder. "Thank you very much. We'd love to join you." She reached down, taking Saffron's hand and guiding him over towards the others.

Saffron scrambled to his feet, holding his mother's hand as they walked over to the others. Tea? What's that? And who were these people? He toddled over towards Polgara, looking up at the little pae in her arms. "Hi! I'm Saffron! Who are you?" He was quite proud of his improving speech and liked to show off whenever possible.

Pol smiled at the young boy and she giggled inspite of herself. She crouched down, still holding the child, her dress billowing around her legs as she moved to reach the boys level. "Hello Saffron, I'm Polgara," She smiled and then stood again, and kissed the young boy's head on the way up, and then smiled at Takeko. "You have a charming little boy," She said warmly.

Then, turning to Nima, she handed Kedana back to her. "If you would please hold her, I will take care of the nesscesities for tea," She said with a light and airy smile, giving another little giggle.

It was nice to have company.

Nimaina nodded and took the dozing baby back. Keda blinked and started to pout again. Nima started rocking her, saying "Shhh, she'll hold you again soon, I think." She looked up at the approching pair, "Hello there," she said shyly. Kedana looked down to see someone nearer her size and cooed at him.

Takeko blushed lightly, waving back to Nima. "Thank you, Elder Polgara," she replied with a slight bow. Chuckling, she stepped forward and scooped up Saffron, nuzzling him affectionately. "He's quite the little blessing, you might say." She smiled knowingly, remembering how special his birth had been.

Saffron giggled and waved to all the others from his high perch in his mother's arms. He liked the pretty lady who called herself Polgara. She seemed nice. Maybe she would play with him later.

Polgara smiled and nodded her head, "You are very welcome," She then turned and looked at the empty air in front of her and laid her hands out parallel to the ground, palms down. "Table for..." She did a mental count in her head, there were three adults, one child and an infant, so she focused on that image and then finished, "... Five, one child seat and a highchair."

The air shimmered for a but a moment, and then an oak table and the requested chairs appeared, including a highchair. Polgara sat at a chair that suited her just fine, and she placed her hand parallel to the table, again palm down.

"Tea, Earl Gray, hot," She smiled, and watched as the teapot popped into existence, "Cups - four," and four teacups, saucers and all appeared. "Honey, Sugar, cream," These two appeared in short order.

Finally Pol rested both hands in her lap and smiled at the others. "Please, come sit and enjoy, would anyone like some cookies, or maybe some cake?"

Blinking in surprise, Takeko watched all of the things appearing out of nowhere. So that's what the High Summoner could do... Shaking her head slightly, she emerged from her daze with a chuckle, picking up Saffron and helping him into the taller child's seat. "This is amazing, Polgara! Thank you again for allowing us to join you for tea." She smiled gratefully, bowing her head.

Saffron stretched out, seeing if he could reach the sugar bowl with his short arms...or anything else for that matter.

Takeko noticed what he was doing and leaned over, pushing the sugar just beyond his reach without even seeming to look. "I don't think so, dear," she smiled knowingly at the child.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:29 am
10/31/06

(Cabel, Nienna, Guardian Iris, Lucius, Chaos, Alaera, and Kethara)

-----

Having heard rumors and buzzing from nearly every creature on the island, Iris headed towards the beach. Apparently, some large pearl-like stones had appeared and she wanted to wanted to investigate. Mostly, she wanted to rule out the first thought that had popped into her head.

She also wanted to find out before the Guardians might, just in case.

Once the beach cleared the horizon and objects were more visible to the tiny faerie as she got nearer, she couldn't believe her eyes when she spotted one of the large, glinting eggs.

Eggs...?

Chaos continued to examine the pearl quietly as he looked over, some fairy caught his eyes real quick I wonder who that is, I've never seen anyone that looks like that before? His tail slid around behind him, moving sand over it and sticking to it blend the tail in the sand

Lucius picked up the pearl like object and held it close to his eyes, sloshing it around gently, he couldn't figure out what the heck it was, and that bugged him so badly! He turned his head and noticed the Fae that was flittering above the beach and his eyes widened a little. "Uhm... Hello... Can I help you?"

Nienna slowly creeps out of the forest glancing around. She had been watching for some time wondering what was going on. So many just like her, but somehow they were different. They didn't have wings like her at all. Glancing back at the forest she runs her finger lightly over the bark of the tree "I will return in a moment my family.."

Slipping away from the shelter of her home she makes her way towards the others curious as to what had drawn everyones attention. Stopping at the edge of the group her eyebrow lifted into the air.

What were the guardians doing now?

The faerie teen addressed her, so she much be as polite as possible, even if she was feeling distressed inside. Bowing her head slightly, giving a mid-air curtsy, she greets him. "Hello." She glances to the egg in the other pae's arms. "Might I see that please?"

Being the Messenger for the Guardians, and essentially, the overall caretaker for all of the isle's inhabitants, she is not one to let the presence of others go unnoticed. Seeing the other pae on the beach examining another egg, she sighs a little, hoping its not noticed, but nodding a greeting to him.

Her keen ears alerted of yet another presence, so she turns to see who is approaching. She didnt' recognize this pae, which was slightly odd considering she visits every pae at least once in their life. When for the brief moment their eyes met when Iris had looked towards the fae girl, a flash of familiarity came to her. Do I know her ... ?

Wait, that's not why she is on the beach today. She needed to regain focus, so she turns back to the fae teen and looks at the egg in his arms still.

Lucius nods and stands, handing the egg towards the Fae, he hadn't noticed the other Fae teen yet, but when he saw Iris turn her head he turned his own as well.

Well hello... Lucius thought to himself. That's a fine female there... Wait, what the hell am I thinking! Focus on the fact that a Faerie just asked you about this! He coughed and turned his eyes back to the smaller Fae. "Here,"

Chaos just watch quietly, not really wanting to get involved, plus he was still alittle nervous around others. His tail continued to move under the sand and created a angel wing pattern in a way. His slimy hands kept a hold of the pearl as he heard it being caleld an egg "It's an egg?"

Nienna looks at the guardian smiling alittle giving her a nod before she turns back towards the eggs. They were not creatures she would know, but they were very familiar to her.

Sensing eyes upon her she turns looking towards the young male watching her for a moment. Giggling she looks away before stepping closer to look at the egg. The guardians were working their magic once again it seems.

Using her magic, she levitates the egg so she can examine without holding it. Without removing her eyes from the pearl, while she is slowly running her hand very gently over the surface, she asks, "Do either of you know what kind of egg this is?" Good idea, find out what the locals know, or what they have found out.

The giggle caught her off guard. That wasn't familiar, was it? She couldn't be sure, but it was enough to distract her from the egg for just a moment. She studied the teen girl, searching her memory for just one small moment she would have met her. She didn't get a chance to look into her eyes again, as the angel she was to the fae girl was awkward. "Miss... do you know what these are?"

"I haven't the faintest idea..." Lucius admited honestly as he scuffed his foot on the sand. "So they are eggs? I suspected but I wasn't sure..." He chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "Do you know what they are?"

Nienna looks at the eggs for a moment studying them. Hearing Iris voice again she turns looking at her, the yellow of her eyes seem to dance for a moment "No, but I'm sure my sister of the lake does know. Maybe you should find her." with a smile she turns back looking at the egg before she looks towards the lake.

Their was only one reason the eggs had returned, it meant she was here also. She was sure of it.

The locals don't know yet, altho ... except this one girl seems to know a lot ... hmmm...

Iris needed to focus on this girl, figure out anything else she knows, because what she said caused all kinds of red flags to go up.

"Do I ... know you?" She tipped her head to the side a little, concentrating on the faerie girl. It was rude of her to ask, but ... she let her manners go for just a moment. This situation was getting more and more urgent to tend to, no need for formalities. "And who is your sister?"

Further down the beach, a bright-colored Fae emerged from the forest, so far oblivious of the strange happenings of late. He noticed the gathering nearby, however, and the appearance of Iris didn't escape his attention. Though, a certain Fae's presence seemed more important at the moment.

Smiling, Cabel approached the crowd, staff in hand. Stepping in quietly behind Nienna, he rested his chin on her shoulder casually, grinning. "What's all the excitement about here?" He snaked his arm around her waist, looking up and nodding politely to the Guardian. "Greetings, Iris. I hope you are well."

Lucius took another look at the other girl and his guts took a plunge through his feet.

Awww man! She's taken! Oh well... Probably for the best, would have gotten in the way of my reading... He waited patiently, obviously this other girl was very important!

Nienna relaxes feeling a familar presense behind her. Turning a little she wraps her arm around Cabel's waist giving him a hug before she looks to Iris. She knew it was mean that she wasn't explaining who she was. But it wasn't the time yet for her to do so. Not when the others had yet to appear on the planet.

Biting at her bottom lip she looks up at Iris "Yes you do know me, but I can't explain who I am yet. The time isn't right for me to reveal who I am. And my sister live within that lake." she points towards the lake then looks back to towards Iris "The age is upon this isle again. But that is all I can say right now. Or I shall reveal too much then I already have."

Iris blinked, and just watched this girl. She couldn't be ... no ... the Guardians had only ever discussed that, they hadn't put that plan into action yet, had they? She was too flabberghasted to even notice the addition of the male Fae.

But ... her sister ... that lives in the lake ... and the eggs appearing ...

Iris's heart sank. The Lake Spirit is missing!

"Does anyone know how many of these eggs have been found?" her tone sounded exasperated. "We have to gather them back up, then notify the Guardians immediately."

"Last I counted.... Seven... I think..." Lucius coughed, having counted the ones he'd seen day one... At least the ones he'd seen. "I'm not too sure, there could have been more, there could have been less... Some rather... unsavory people have taken them too..."

Cabel frowned, despite his love's warm welcome. What exactly had he just interrupted? "Whoa, eggs? What eggs?" Only now did he notice the strange pearl-like objects that everyone seemed fascinated with. And what was Nienna talking about? What age? This was a bit much to have just walked in on the middle of.

"Okay, I'll be the first to admit I don't exactly know what's going on here." That was an understatement. "But, if there is anything that I can do to help, just let me know, okay?" He nodded once, suddenly serious. If something important was going on in Telrunya, he would be only too willing to help the Guardians if he could.

"If we need to track these things down, I can help with that at least. It's not like I have anything else to do," he chuckled softly.

Nienna glances towards the lake before she bites her bottom lip. She was starting to think she revealed to much. She did this often, reveal things she wasn't suppose to. Looking up at the heavens she pushes her hair away from her face before stepping away from Cabel.

Stepping towards the water she place her feet lightly into it. She looks around the isle remaining quiet. Her sister was indeed not at the lake anymore. But this was far bigger then anyone knew.

Turning she glances back towards her forest wondering if she shoul have remain there now. was it wrong of her to leave it, if so could she cause problems by leaving.

Cabel was puzzled by Nienna's strange behavior all of a sudden. Was something wrong with her? Something more than what Iris was concerned about anyway? He watched as she stepped into the lake, not sure what she was doing but torn between wanting to go to her and not wanting to interrupt. Instead, he split the difference by waiting until she turned around again before stepping closer.

"Nienna? Love? Is something wrong?" Concern practically radiated from the Fae as he reached for her arm, following her line of sight to the forest. He knew she was tied to the forest on some level and that leaving it made her uncomfortable, but this seemed like something was bothering her on a much deeper level than that. His heart ached at the thought that something could be troubling his love and he wished there were something more he could do right now. Never had he felt more helpless.

Iris's mind raced, trying to put two and two together. She was normally a very level headed little faerie, able to comprehend situations rather well. But when she was left in the dark about certain things, she confused easily.

But then, she heard the taller male call out to the teen. Nienna! How could she have been so daft before! Iris slapped her forhead at her seemingly obvious mistake. "Nienna, do you know where Nomia is?" She prayed to the Guardians, that the siblings kept in touch with each other, even in pae bodies.

The thought that 7 of these, maybe more, have been uncovered was distressing. Iris wondered how long they'd been here, and how much time they had, till they hatched.

Nienna looks at Cabel, she wanted to tell him so badly what was going on. Have him prepared. Though she was placed here for a chance to live normal, she also had her duties. Hiding her face she nods "I just can't tell you" she whispers this hoping he would hear and understand her.

Looking up she bites her bottom lip then looks down at the water "Nomia here on the Isle, just where I do not know. One of our brothers Daeron revealed himself too, but he still at his post on the mountain. Only me and Nomia left our assigned places. Did we do something wrong because we left?" she looks at the eggs fearing they might have caused this.

She turns looking away from the egg hiding her face once more against Cabel's chest. She understood that they would all appear soon, but by leaving her forest to soon had she disturbed everything?

Sensing that the young girl was feeling distraught, Iris flutters lightly over to her, putting her tiny hand on the girl's shoulder and leaning close to her ear to speak softly, but make sure she could be heard. "I don't know what has happened. I didn't know you guys were gaining your pae bodies so soon. And I am sure the Guardians did not know these eggs would wash ashore."

She patted Nienne gently and looked up towards Cable. "Take good care of her, she is a special Pae." she spoke softly then fluttered back to the egg to observe a little more.

"I need to speak to the Guardians. Can you guys gather all of the eggs you find, protect them for when I return to gather them up?" She asked any pae that was around and could hear her.

Cabel sighed, cradling Nienna against his chest and stroking her hair comfortingly. He wished she could tell him if only so that he could help her somehow, but he respected her privacy at the same time. He would just have to be here for her in any way he could.

"It's okay, love. I'm sure everything will be okay," he murmured, doing his best to soothe her. He had no idea what was going on though, let alone how it would turn out. And what did she mean by 'assigned places?' He had no assigned place...at least not that he was aware of. Then again, he was pretty sure he hadn't arrived on Telrunya in the normal fashion. Did all other Faes have an assigned place, or was Nienna special in that way? Well, she and her siblings she mentioned.

And what about these mysterious eggs? What was it about them that had Nienna and Iris so upset? How much did they know about them that they weren't sharing?

Cabel looked up as Iris addressed him directly, nodding solemnly. "Of course, I will. She's very special to me." Smiling warmly down at Nienna, he gave her a reassuring hug. "I'll never let anything happen to you," he whispered softly into her ear.

Lucius nodded and looked around. "I will, you can count on me! I owe that bugger that bit me something..." Yeah, a punch in the fugging jaw... He nodded his head and rubbed his still sore shoulder.

Nienna nods looking towards the mountain then the lake. Daeron and Nomia were here on the isle, only two were missing still. Laying her head back on Cabel's chest she smiles glad he understood her, she was sure that she be able to tell him, but now was not the time.

Glancing up at Cabel she pokes him lightly in the side, just to let him know she was alright for now. Turning in his arms she looks at the eggs curious as to how many there were. She was starting to wonder if the strories were true.

Lucius popped down in the sand and tapped his chin, ignoring the couple, partially out of his own jealously of being alone... But then again, he was the cause of that, not that he wanted to admit it. He wondered tho, where had that other teen male gone, and why had he attacked him, that still stumped Lucius, and it was beginning to bother him badly.

Cabel chuckled, taking the hint and loosening his hold, though he kept his arms looped lightly around her waist. She may be alright now, but he wanted to stay close in case she needed anything else.

Resting his chin on her shoulder, he nuzzled her neck playfully. "So...we're supposed to collect these things now? Guess we'd better get busy, if they're as scattered as it sounds like they are. Especially if others have started taking them..."

Having the reassurrance from the teen boy fae, Iris smiles and looks around a bit. She notices a few more pae on the beach. She was satisfied for now, at the help she would receive in gathering the eggs. Pae were generally good natured and helpful, so she was confident this situation would be resolved soon.

But still ... deep in the back of her head, she couldn't help but wonder if the Guardians had planned on having those eggs surface. And if they did ... what was next for Telrunya.

"I need to run, but thank you for your help, Lucius." She bowed her head to him and smiled. Turning again, she fluttered towards Nienna and Cabel. "Please, can you help to find the eggs as well, so when the Guardians give me instructions, we won't be lost again?" Iris's cheeks flushed a little as she spoke, acknowledging her hasty actions earlier.

Nienna smiles to Iris then giggles trying shaking her head. Cabel nuzzle tickled alittle but she didn't mind it at all. Placing her hands on her hips she looks around "Hmm I guess we should gather them up and see if we can't find some water or at least a good place that wet for them." turning she rest her hand on Cabel's chest.

She was searching for the water spirit, she didn't understand why she couldn't find her sister.

Cabel nodded, oblivious to the thoughts of the other male Fae regarding his and Nienna's behavior. "Of course, Iris. Anything to help." He studied the egg for a moment, examining both its size and shape. The rest of them couldn't be TOO hard to find if they all looked like that. Or so he hoped. This talk about others finding them and keeping them had him a bit worried.

"So we should keep them in water too?" he asked Nienna. Apparently, she did know a bit about these things at least. "There's always the lake itself, if we can start gathering them together. We could make a pool of water by digging out some sand here on the beach. That way they won't be washed back into the lake and lost again," he mused aloud, already laying out plans in his head.

Nodding, Iris smiles at the pair, she could feel the warm feelings radiating from the pair. Lovely couple they make.

Iris fluttered over to the other pae, a motherly one and a baby and toddler. "Will you be able to help as well?" she asked, lowering herself down to the toddler and smiling brightly at him. "These are special eggs and we need to make sure they stay safe."

Lucius stood and turned to the two 'lovebirds' he hid his jealously well, after all, he was antisocial by his own hand, no need for him to bleed his bad mood out to everybody. "I'd like to warn the two of you that there's another teen out there... and he erm... bites..." He grunted, rubbing his shoulder. He should probably get himself checked for tetnus, or rabies, or something, for all he knew that other teen was diseased. He knew his wound was freaking sore, maybe it was infected? He'd check it out once they figure this whole dilema out, maybe get it patched up.

Iris nods and smiles again. "Thank you!"

And with that, she zips off to let the Guardians know of what she has found out.

If there was ever a moment for a sweatdrop, this was it.

A Pae that bit people? Why did that sound like a certain 'brother' of his? He knew Kane had always had a rather feral streak, but had he taken to attacking other Paes now? Then again, the other Fae had said that this was a teen. Surely, Kane had grown to adult around the same time as Cabel had, right? So, was this some other Pae then?

Nodding gratefully, Cabel stepped away from Nienna, though not far, remaining by her side. "Thanks for the warning, friend. I'm afraid I need to know something for sure though. This Pae...he wasn't dark blue and purple with silver stripes and hair, was he?" He hesitated before asking, but he needed to know if this was Kane they were dealing with or not. He hoped not. Perhaps Kane hadn't ever been fond of him, but that didn't mean that Cabel hadn't considered him a brother. He didn't want to think that Kane had gone completely feral on his own. He hadn't seen or heard from him in so long, he had no idea what could have happened to him by now.

Nienna thought about the lake for a moment. Sure they could put them back, but with Nomia not there would it be a bad thing. She was suppose to be protecting them. Shaking her head she frowns "Placing them back not a good idea. Nomia not there so they will not be safe. We need to find another spot." she pauses turning toward Lucius for a moment.

Tilting her head she felt the jealously coming from him. Wincing she steps away from Cabel walking over to look at Lucius. She didn't notice until just now he was bitten "Are you alright?"

"Oh no, he was black and red... and had the most Starkingly blue eyes..." Lucius admited, before smiling at the girl, it was easier to deal with the two of them when they weren't all over each other like before. Though he figured he really should learn to control his emotions better, else he'd probably go nuts...

Anyway... "I'm fine, it's just sore... He bit me pretty hard, but I don't think he drew blood." He laughed and waved the girl off. Please don't touch me... He internally whimpered. It was bad enough that she was getting closer...

Cabel was relieved in a way at Lucius' answer. At least it wasn't Kane causing trouble. Though the news of a crazy teen running about biting people wasn't exactly reassuring.

Frowning, Cabel resumed pondering the issue of what to do with the eggs. "Okay, so we can't keep them in the lake. We can always find a spot nearby and bring water to keep them wet. Or maybe the river? I don't know," he muttered, just throwing ideas out there. This wasn't exactly something he'd dealt with before. Obviously.

Sighing, he left Nienna to worry about Lucius' wounds. That wasn't his expertise either. Though, what was? He certainly wasn't much help around here. At least he could help look for and collect the eggs. That didn't take special skills. But where to start looking? They could move in either direction down the beach.

Nienna pulls her hand back sensing he didn't want to be touched. Taking a step back she allows him the space he would need. Placing her hands behind her back she gives him a smile "Alright, I'm sorry you got hurt though. No one should ever get hurt." nodding her head she turns looking back at the eggs.

Walking back toward Cabel she slips her hand into his giving it a squeeze, she could sense what was going on in his mind. She wanted to show him that he a reason to be here, but she didn't know how.

"It's alright, things happen, and some people really aren't considerate," He wanted to bite his tongue for that one... After all, it could have been aimed at them too if they knew what his thoughts were. Shaking his head to clear it of negative thoughts he decided to focus on the task at hand. "Alright, well... We have the one here... Maybe if we find that other teen he might have a few more, and erm... bloody hell I don't know..." He scratched the back of his head. "Maybe..." He closed his eyes and tried to focus, then he looked up and with his finger began to write in the air.

It wasn't really all the powerful, actually it was kind of sad what happened next, there was a sudden quick burst of very weak thunderclaps, as a short message apeared in the sky.

Pearls to Beach!

Alaera was standing behind the blue Pae when he sent the message up into the sky. Blinking in surprise, she wondered at his power, but pushed aside her thoughts for the moment. Maybe sometime later...

"I guess I'm right on time then."

Cabel squeezed Nienna's hand gently, feeling a little better even if he wasn't sure why. "Thanks," he whispered softly before turning back. They had work to do.

What happened next, well...he hadn't exactly been expecting anything like that! Perhaps they weren't all that loud, but the thunderclaps still made him jump in surprise. Now THAT was an impressive power! Unlike his, he thought bitterly. Oh yeah, sticking to things...that was helpful. Especially if he got too upset or nervous and lost control of his power...that could cause some awkward situations.

Blinking, the Fae was startled out of his thoughts by the realization that they had been joined by another Pae while he had been distracted. "Well, hello there. I'd guess so, eh?" he chuckled, feeling awkward.

Alaera flushed a bit - she seemed to have interrupted a rather tender moment between the two. Feeling ackward herself, she gave a small wave in response and started to explain why she was there.

"I umm..."

Realizing she really had no idea what exactly to say, she just held out the glowing pearl in her hands.

Nienna jumps covering her ears for a moment from the thunderclap. Still getting use to the isle she didn't expect to hear that noise. Her body templed out of shock before she looks around biting at her bottom lip. Yes she was a huge wuss and got scared easily.

Shaking her head she steps back toward Cabel laying her head on his chest.

Cabel laughed softly, patting Nienna's back reassuringly. "Nothing to worry about, dear," he chuckled, holding her close anyway. "And look, seems we've got another egg already!" He gestured towards the teen demon in their midst and the egg she carried. Perhaps this wouldn't be so hard afterall.

"Thanks," he spoke to her directly. "It seems we've been charged by Guardian Iris with collecting these and bringing them all back to the beach until we hear from her further. I'm Cabel, and this is Nienna," he took the initiative to introduce them both to the teen demon, smiling warmly. "Nice to meet you."

"I'm Alaera" she beamed, finally happy to be meeting someone on the island. Her past had been troubled but perhaps this was a chance to start anew. "It's nice to meet you both."

"They are really quite dangerous you know" she informed them nodding seriously, handing it over to him. "Well at least this one is. Or unlucky. Or perhaps that was just it's way of saying that it shouldn't be taken away from here. Or it's way of getting back here..."

Realizing she was carrying on, Alaera cleared her throat. "There was small girl child near me when I found it. And little baby too I believe. Perhaps that will help your search."

She had been watching from the edge of the mountain for sometime now. Mostly the pae'il that seem to be the anti social one. He was indeed an interesting one in her eyes. But she quickly stayed hidden as she watched her baby sister scan the isle. She wanted to make sure she wasn't spotted by her just yet. She wanted to observe them all before she appeared.

Appearing behind Cabel and Nienna she smiles laying a hand on Nienna's back "You know baby sister, you shouldn't be scared. Not when you have someone who loves you this close by." she steps back smiling as she flaps her wings a little.

Nienna smiles to the fellow pae'il before she froze hearing a all to familar voice. Spinning she gasp her eyes going wide before she pulls away from Cabel to leap at the other female pae'il. She hugs her close "Kethara!! I was wondering when you would show yourself like me, Nomia, and Daeron."

Kethara laughs returning her sister's hug before she pulls back "You haven't changed abit. I appeared earlier, but saw Iris and decided to stay hidden to hear what was going on. So this is them.." she looks at the eggs as her wings fluttered behind her.

Nienna nods before looking back toward Cabel "Cabel this is my older sister Kethara. She live up on To'ul Mountain." she smiles watching Kethara nod before she goes back to looking at the eggs "Don't mind her, she the serious one who wants to learn as much as she can."

Cabel chuckled at Alaera's explanation...or lack thereof. Whichever. "Well, that will certainly make our search easier if they're going to find their own way back here!"

The appearance of another female Fae took him by surprise, as well as Nienna's revelation that this was her sister and another of her mysterious siblings. He smiled at both Nienna and Kethara as he bowed slightly. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Kethara." So many new faces today...and so many females. Perhaps he was lucky he was 'spoken for' now. Things could have gotten complicated if he weren't. The thought alone nearly made him chuckle aloud.

Kethara nods to Cabel then looks at Nienna "You got a nice guy here Nienna. About time." she winks before she turns back to looks over the eggs "If Nomia isn't here then this means those are them Nienna.." she pauses looking back at Nienna.

Nienna eyes widen before she shook her head "The guardians would have told us Kethara. But if they are here, then that means..." she bites her bottom lip shaking her head before she steps back toward Cabel.

Kethara nods knowing full well Nienna understood what she meant. Frowning she shook her head looking around "Where is Nomia if she not here where she suppose to be? She knews she can't travel too far from the lake." her wings fluttered as she bent down exaiming one of the eggs.

Alaera watched as another Pae suddely appeared behind the two she had just been introduced to. 'Beautiful' she thought to herself.

She didn't quite know exactly what was going on, but knew something important was happening. Observing was always her strong point and so she listened intently to the conversation, hoping to garnish some new knowledge to add to her collection.

Cabel blushed slightly at Kethara's comment, coughing slightly to cover his embarrassment. Then there was the matter of how they kept talking around everything...

He tried to ignore that without getting irritated. It wasn't something they could help, he assumed. He knew Nienna would tell him if she could, right? Well, eventually he'd find out one way or another, he assumed. Cabel sighed, planting his staff in the sand and leaning on it slightly. "So...I guess I should get to work looking for these eggs, eh?" he asked no one in particular.

Kethara looks over at Cabel for amoment arching a brow. Shaking her head she smiles "You know I don't think the guardians would mind if you clued him in one what is going on. Afterall he'll find out sooner or later. Might as well be from you." she turns back looking over the eggs.

Nienna smiles then nods as she takes Cabel's hand "Those eggs, they are called Naiads. They are an anicent race of pae'il that my sister Nomia watches over. Kethara and I also have races we have to watch over in case they ever appear. So does Daeron and my last brother who hasn't appeared yet. With the appearance of this race it means that the other might also appear. Its why we were put here, to try and stop this. So please be on your guard Master Cabel. I don't want anything to happen to you." she bottom lip trembles before she looks down.

Blinking, Cabel varied between feeling honored that they trusted him with this information...and being overwhelmed by it. "Wait wait wait," he blurted, closing his eyes and rubbing his forehead. "You're saying that this is an ancient race of Pae'il. And that there are at least four MORE of them?" He sat down rather suddenly in the sand, shaking his head. All this time he'd thought there were just Pae'il and Aions on Telrunya. Though, the species of "Pae'il" encompassed angelics, demonics, faes like himself...the list went on and on. Was it really all that surprising that there were other, previously-unknown species of Pae'il? It shouldn't be, but still...

"Wait," he mused, looking up again. "Are these Naiads dangerous? What about the other species?" Why else would Nienna have expressed such worry about his safety? "I promise I'll be careful, but what about you? I have to watch over you, love. I promised I would." He frowned, practically radiating concern as he stroked her hand.

Kethara looks over at Cabel shaking her head "They can be if the others were to appear. But that is all we can tell you. The guardians have a reason for them appearing once again, at least I hope. But for now all we can do is hope the past doesn't repeat itself." Kethara place a hand on Neinna's shoulder giving it a slight squeeze. It was her was of saying she couldn't reveal anymore that what she has.

Nienna nods toward her sister before slipping into Cabel's lap giving him a poke at the side as well as a giggle "I know I will be safe as long as your here Master Cabel. So I'm not worried, not at all. And when the time comes that I'm allowed to explain it all to you I will. But for could you take my promise when I tell you everything will be okay?" she looks over his face trying to make him smile again.

Cabel nodded in understanding at Kethara's explanation. It made a vague sort of sense and all they could do was have faith in the Guardians and their plans for Telrunya.

Allowing the slightest smile to creep onto his face, he hugged Nienna tightly for a moment. "Of course I trust you. You know I do." He poked her side playfully. "If you say everything will be okay, then that's good enough for me." Smirking, he cuddled her warmly in his lap. As long as the two of them were together, they could face anything. He believed that with all his heart.

Kethara shakes her head remembering all to well what love was like. Standing she brushed the hair from her face "You too are sicking sweet you know that? But that what love is like." looking back down at the eggs she shrugs "There is not much we can do until Iris returns to let us know what she has learned." taking a seat down near an egg she rest her feet in the water thinking.

Nienna blushes hiding her face because of Kethara comment. She was lad though that Cabel trusted her enough that she didn't have to explain everything. Laying her head on his shoulder she closes her eyes.

Cabel chuckled, embarrassed as well. Perhaps they WERE pouring it on a bit thick...but he couldn't seem to help himself. This was still all so new to him and he couldn't help the way he felt or acted around Nienna.

Love. That was the first time they had heard the word from an outside source. Is that was it truly was then? Love? He liked to think so. He could imagine no better feeling than this, nor stronger force.

Smiling warmly at the beautiful girl in his arms, he settled in to wait, running his fingers soothingly through her hair.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:15 am
10/31/06

Strange Pearls?

-----

Teigra
Further down the shoreline, in a more secluded section of a beach, a certain demonic Pae was making a rare appearance as he finished off a meal of small, but tasty, fish. Tossing the bones aside, he hurriedly washed his hands in the water, eager to retreat to his forest once more.

However, something shiny just out of the corner of his eye caught his attention and he turned, creeping closer slowly. Something was buried in the sand it seemed. Pawing at it experimentally, he discovered that the object was hard and round, or so he guessed. Brushing away the built up sand, he hefted the small ball-like object curiously. It fit comfortably in the palm of his hand and seemed perfectly round and smooth. Almost unnaturally so.

Frowning, Kane wondered if maybe this thing might be something good to eat. It had come from the water, right? Like fish? Didn't seem alive though. Hmm... He lifted the object to his mouth, experimentally biting down to test it. Ow! Okay, bad idea! Rubbing his jaw, he glared at the pearl as if this were somehow its fault. Stupid thing. Fine, so it wasn't food.

Flopping down in the sand, his retreat into the safety of the forest forgotten, Kane studied this strange, intriguing object more closely. Shaking it, his ear twitched at a slight sloshing noise. There was water inside? Or some other liquid at least. He shook it again, holding it to his ear afterwards. Instead of hearing the liquid slosh about inside, however, he was shocked to hear a soft humming noise. Pulling the pearl away from his ear, he stared at it in awe. What in all of Telrunya was this thing?

---

Still puzzled by the strange "pearl," Kane had taken to tapping at it with an over-long fingernail, almost absentmindedly. The soft, rhythmic tapping faded into the background as his mind turned this mystery over and over, never seeming to get anywhere with his musings. Listing the facts again to himself, he tried to connect the pieces in some sort of sense.

So, it wasn't food. That much was obvious by the aching in his jaw. It seemed full of water or some other liquid, but when held to the ear, the crazy thing hummed! Perfectly smooth and round, it looked like one of the most perfect pearls ever created, but it was too big for that, right? Plus, there was the sloshing and humming to consider.

What in all hell WAS this thing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:32 am
11/02/06 - 11/04/06

(Serefina, Dax, and Merric)

-----

(merges from playful OOC RP to canon RP in-thread)

((*shoves Sere and Dax together* Hey you two! Remember each other? rofl

Serefina: eek sweatdrop Err.. ))

(( redface Uh...nope, never seen 'er before in my life... *attempts to swim away awkwardly with new body*

>.< *swims right into a boulder* ...Who put that there?!))

((Serefina: sweatdrop Err...you okay there, stranger? *pokes*))

((Dax: O.O *melts* Y-yeah... *swallows* j-just fine...uh...do I know you? And er...what the heck happened to me?

*stares down at self and tugs at longer hair* This is...strange.))

((Serefina: *continues poking Dax with a piece of coral*))

((Dax: o.< Ow.... H-hey, no need for violence...would you cut that out? Please? I'm getting bruises... *backs up against boulder, trying to swat away coral*))

((Serefina: I'm not sure to be honest. *looks confused* You seem familiar for some reason. *shrug* I'm Serefina. And I have no idea about your other question. I know I certainly didn't look like this yesterday. confused *glances down at self in bewilderment*))

((Dax: Er, um...you do too...for some reason... *blinks* But not exactly.

*eyes widen in surprise* Uh...are you sure about that? Because I'm pretty sure I know a Serefina, but...but you can't be...

*shoulders slump and jaw drops* You're kidding me.

Serefina, It's Dax. Heh...and I KNOW I wasn't like this yesterday...but then...you...how'd you change?! I don't get it...

*grins* Still, you're looking as lovely as ever. What do you use for that hair? *nudges her in the shoulder playfully*))

((Serefina: *blinks* Dax? You're Dax?!? I remember you! *spontaneously glomps her old friend, getting momentarily carried away before she blushes and backs away again* Err...sorry about that. sweatdrop And I have no idea. One day I'm a Merion, which was weird enough, and the next I'm...this! Whatever it is!

*looks awkward and embarrassed for a moment* You crazy boy... You know, you don't look half bad yourself... *winks playfully*
))

((Dax: The one and only. Glad to see names haven't changed, at the very least...even if almost everything else has. Ahhh! *is glomped*

>.< Oww....eheheh, those brusies still hurt, sweetheart...mind easing off a bit?

*smiles as she pulls away, blushing* Don't worry about it. *is a little red in the face himself* Good to see you too! You know...last I saw you, weren't you witht hat one dude? Merric, I think it was? Guardians, it's been so long...

I know, and I was just beginning to understand what a Merion was...and now...now we're more like...like those Pae'il...it's so weird!))

((Serefina: Heh heh...sorry. *blushes again, hidden slightly by her natural coloring*

Err...I wasn't really 'with' him exactly... *tries to figure out how to explain* He was sort of...an attached irritation for a while. Then I was trying to help him learn how to interact with others without annoying them to the point of fighting and...well, let's just say it didn't go so well. *frowns, remembering a certain incident with a child Pae'il and nearly losing her temper completely with Merric and the fact that she had somehow mysteriously formed a shield of sorts around herself in her anger*

It seems our lives are full of strange, sudden changes. *nods* At least life is never boring, eh? *grins sheepishly*
))

Dax smirked and leaned an elbow against the boulder, listening to Serefina's explaination.

"An 'attached irritation'?" He repeated, brows raised in mock surprise. "I see...funny...I remember him telling me something about confessing his love for you. At which point I slipped away, unnoticed, only to return a few months later, accidentally stumbling upon you two having a little argument like a married couple." He chuckled at the memory. "Oh...yes, I remember that one well...you're even cuter when you're angry. Scary, though. I stayed behind the rock for a reason."

He flicked his tail experimentally, staring at it with a thoughtful gaze. "No kidding. And here I was, thinking I was too old to change much more...but you're right of course. More challenges to overcome and all that..." Dax's gaze shifted and his deep blue eyes met her own, bright, amethyst ones.

Truly blushing now, Serefina was mortified. He'd said WHAT? And he'd told other people that? That's it...next time she saw him, she was going to kill Merric. Okay, maybe not literally, even if the idea was tempting...

Sighing, she shook her head at the memory. "I guess I kinda' lost it that day. But still...he tried to hurt a Pae child! For no good reason! The child was merely playing and Merric..." She paused, nearly shaking with fury at the memory. She hurriedly gained control over herself again, worried that if she got too worked up, the water would start heating up around her as it had that day when her anger took over.

Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, she shook her head. "So many changes and so abruptly. What in the name of the Guardians is happening to Telrunya?" Looking down at herself before meeting Dax's gaze once more, she asked quietly, "Do you think this is it? Or do you think we might change again?"

The male Naiad burst into laughter, upon seeing the horror he had inflicted upon his old friend. Guessing her thoughts, he held up his palms in peace. "Now now, don't think too badly of him! Jeez, you look ready to rip something apart..." He took on a defensive pose again, as if expecting her to attack at any moment; and yet, he grinned.

"If it's any consolation to you, I had a crush on you then too...which is why I had dismissed myself from your presence for so long, as lonely as I was. And so, as much as it pleased me to see you put that squirt in his place, I was a little reluctant to approach you in fear you would reject me as absolutely and defiantly as you did Merric." Adopting an innocent expression, he held his arms out in sympathy and shrugged. He had sensed the slight change in water temperature, and was worried about going too far. The firey-colored Naiad seemed as firey-tempered as ever. And, being so sensitive to his water surroundings due to his own previous ability, Dax guessed at this point it was best to keep his mouth shut and change the subject.

Nodding in agreement, he sighed, a stream of bubbles escaping his lips. "Ah, yes, the Pae child. I saw her too, I think. Don't remember much, but I know that Merric was some bratty kid when I first met him. Arrogant as a shark."

"You know, I have absolutely no idea." Dax replied, just as curious as to what was going on outside the world of the lake. Still, his mind was elsewhere as he gazed dreamily at Serefina's new, feminine form. Then, realizing he was staring, he quickly looked away, hoping she wouldn't noticed his deepening blush on his pale cheeks.

"Uh...actually...you never know, but I think...I think this is it. I've heard some strange things from the fish." His tone suddenly took on a serious tone. "The Aquatils' Queen had been holding a meeting with a Pae. I'm not sure when it happened, or where, as secret as the Aquatils are, but I just heard it's happened. Can you imagine? And I've never even seen an Aquatil...it's so strange a Pae from outside might dive so deep into the lake. I heard it was something of a mission, or a quest..." He knocked on his head. "Can't recall...but I thought it might have been connected. Maybe not."

Serefina was embarrassed, though secretly flattered to find she had had two males practically fighting over her...and somehow she'd not noticed! "Sorry," she apologized again, much calmer now. She hadn't even noticed her abilities kicking in again this time. She'd have to be more careful in the future.

She laughed softly at the mention of the Pae child. As feminine as the poor child had seemed... "Ah yes, the Fae child. What was his name...Cabel, I believe? I wonder what ever happened to him?" she mused, honestly curious. She hoped that he had fared well. She was sure he had. His family had seemed very concerned about him and dedicated to his safety and happiness. "You certainly seem to have Merric pinned down though," she smirked. He'd started to learn and seemed better at dealing with others near the end there, but Serefina had a feeling Merric would never lose that stubborn streak.

"The Aquatils, eh?" Fascinated by this new information, Serefina didn't notice Dax's wandering gaze...fortunately for them both. "I haven't heard much of anything myself, nor have I ever seen an Aquatil, but I guess I haven't exactly been out and interacting with others much recently." She'd kept to herself for sometime now, but it was hard to remain solitary with all the unusual events taking place. Life was changing on Telrunya again and it refused to be ignored.

And a Pae? This deep in the lake? It was nearly unheard of! In fact, Serefina had only seen Pae'il on the shore of the lake or in the shallow water. Never deep in the water! "A quest? What sort of quest? Perhaps the Pae was summoned for some reason?" She frowned. This mystery intrigued her, but she had no idea where to even start a line of questioning to solve it.

Chuckling, the Naiad male waved a hand dismissively at Serefina's apology. "Don't worry about it. I'd understand why you might feel that way. Just don't boil away the lake..."

"Oh...it was a guy? I was so sure it was a...well, but then that just proves how much time I spend around Pae'il," he murmured in humiliation, scratching the back of his neck and grinning sheepishly. "He had long hair. So that's probably why I thought 'he' was a 'she'."

"Merric I knew all to well, though. I think I remember meeting him as an adult Aion and he was just a kid. Quite an irritable one, too. He pretty much seemed to think he was too good to talk to me until I challenged him to a contest. We both sorta got side-tracked though..." he frowned, trying to remember just what it was that had distracted him. Dax, as reluctant as he was to admit it, was pretty sure it had been a female Aion, merely a child Merric's age...probably Serefina herself. He also had a sinking feeling the contest was to bring back a female Aion to play with them, though it wasn't as if he was going to tell Serefina that. "That stubborn kid was a real sore loser."

Hiding his reddened face as best he could within his deep blue locks of hair, Dax was suddenly glad they were so long. "Join the club. Wanna see if we can find any others? It's been so quiet around here since the last few earthquakes..." Startled by her unexpected enthusiasm for lakes, Dax blinked as he turned to Serefina.

"I-I don't know, really...it must've not been a quest under water, because I haven't heard much about the pae since that one meeting...but it seems she just recently returned from whatever quest it was. It's probably nothing to worry about. I mean, what did the affairs of Pae'il ever have to do with us?"

Taking her gently by the hand, he gestured around them. "Come on! Wanna go take a look around?"

Serefina chuckled, letting herself be led along. "You have a point. Our world has always been separate from the world of the Pae'il, but then again with all the changes, who knows how things stand anymore?" She reached up, tucking some of her long hair behind her ear to keep it from floating in her face. "Maybe we should take a look around. Any information could be helpful in figuring out what's going on around here, both above and below water." She flicked her tail lightly, just enough to start off without leaving Dax behind.

And what of the other Aions and Merions? There hadn't been many, she knew, but where were they? Had they survived? Or had they been transformed in a similar manner? So many unknowns were drifting about that it was difficult to know where to start trying to form hypotheses. How was one supposed to deal with this much change in a short time? It was staggering and sometimes she felt as if she were floating about in a dream and that none of this was real. One day, she'd simply wake up and things would be like they had been before.

He nodded unconsciously. "You're right...I guess nothing's really the same anymore...there's so few of us around, though it seemed we were never that numerous in the first place..."

Glancing at her out of the corner of his eye, Dax smiled coyly, noticing the concern that clouded her mind and kept her from noticing the beauty around them. "Don't worry so much. Sure, we probably should find out what's going on, but I'm sure we'll figure it out in time. Why not just have a little fun for now? Chat a bit with a few of our fishy friends? Perhaps we'll find a few Pae on the beach to talk to. Some of the surfers are pretty fun to watch."

Swimming after her, Dax realized his tail wasn't too much different from his old, angular one, except this one was a little more adapt to actually swimming in direction, while the other was more helpful with the assistance of his massive wings to glide along. Since he no longer had either, he supposed it was probably the best how it was now, but it would still take getting used to. He had gills now, his antenne had shrunk into earfins, and his body became colored like his tail. Not to mention his long hair. It was annoying how it kept getting into his eyes and face. How could the girls stand it? It seemed his thought processing had differed alot from the female Naiads.

This was because Dax had long ago discovered it did no good to worry so much over things they could not explain nor do anything about, and so instead he had developed a carefree lifestyle. Therefore, the new changes to his body did not phase him as drastically as the change from Aion to Merion had been.

Serefina nodded. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. I'll try." She grinned sheepishly, realizing that everything could be dealt with in time. For now, she'd simply try to relax and get used to her new form. It wasn't all that different from her Merion form, now that she thought about it, though she thought they looked a bit more like the Pae'il on land now. Strange. The change should be easier to adapt to than that from Aion to Merion at least.

Serefina glanced over at Dax, giggling as she noticed him fussing with his hair. "Here's a hint," she winked in a conspiratory manner. "If you keep moving, the water will keep it back out of your face. If nothing else, we can grab some seaweed along the way and I'll help you tie it back if it bothers you that much." She tried not to laugh at his expense, but there was something amusing in the way he kept fussing with his long hair. She was used to hers, but this was something else new for poor Dax to adapt to.

Merric was seated on a small rock, all the way at the bottom of the lake. He had changed, a lot, in many different ways. First off, he found himself much more tolerant then he used to be, but occasionally a bit of his stubbornness kicked in. Perhaps Serefina really did help him out, but he wasn't sure.

Serefina. He really wasn't sure about anything anymore, but when it came to Serefina, he was completely lost. Lately, the lake had been dead. He hadn't seen any Aion, or Merion, or Serefina now that he thought of it. After such a long period of time, how could one still be so sure the person who they fell for was really the one. In fact, how could he be sure that she was the one. "... I doubt it, she's the one" He paused. "She was the first female I ever met, after all..." Merric murmured, with a shrug. Somewhere inside, he knew he still had a little crush on her, but also knew it probably wasn't ment to work out.

Then, came the new change. It happened about, yesterday... He was lazily swimming around the lake, when he started to go through yet another change. He felt strange, and sick, just like when he was turning into a Merion. But it made no sense, was there a new Aion stage? He didn't know the answer, but he new he looked different, but a good different...

"At'ta girl." Slinging an arm around her shoulders in a friendly manner, he grinned back. "Just relax. You seem so stressed out over all of this."

"Mmm?" Raising his eyebrows, he smiled and flushed as he realized she had noticed him messing with his hair. "Oh...sure...heh, I think that'd really help. Why didn't I think of that?" As a stray strand wandered before his eyes, he fought the urge to push it back behind his ear in the fashion Serefina had done just moments earlier, fearing she would think it girly of him. A pony tail didn't seem much more manly, but it was better than the hair-tuck thing.

Glad to see he had almost made her laugh, Dax forgot his minor dilema and added, "I guess now I can understand poor Cabel's situation..."

Serefina finally did laugh at that remark. "Ha ha! I guess that would explain it, wouldn't it?" She grinned, wondering if Cabel really did have to put up with 'mistaken gender' episodes. She hoped not, for the poor boy's sake.

Smirking, she continued teasing Dax, glad to turn the attention off of herself for a while. "You know, I could always braid your hair if you'd like..." She smiled innocently and one could almost picture the halo hanging over her head. Of course, it would have been held up by a pair of demon horns, but it was a halo nonetheless.

Dax offered the devious female an incredulous glare. "Very funny. But I'll pass. When I said you should have fun, I hadn't meant make fun of me." he replied resentfully, pretending to be hurt. Inside, however, he was really enjoying himself.

"Let's not go too far now," he warned, wagging a scolding finger in her face. "Just because we haven't seen anyone around doesn't mean - "

Breaking off in mid-sentence, Dax paused in his swimming, pulling up sharply in the water. He stared into the distance with his deep sapphire eyes, his jaw agape for the second time that day. A shaking finger rose to point out the cause of his shock.

"I-it's a g-ghost," he whimpered, staring at the pale-haired figure resting on a rock at the bottom of the lake. "He's come to torment our souls! Swim away!" Snatching Serefina's wrist, he began to swim powerfully, accelerating in the water.

However, it was towards, and not away from the 'ghostly' apparation that he raced. Laughing joyfully, Dax slammed into Merric, hoping to pin him to the lake floor.

Caught off guard, a yelp escaped Merric's throat as his body was pinned down against the rough rock. He groaned, with a sharp pain on his back, and then, he noticed something was holding him down. He opened his eyes, and raised his an eyebrow when he saw a creature just like him, which seemed a bit familiar. "... Do you mind?" He asked, a bit irritated. He wanted to ask if the other knew that they were, but that could come after.

Noticing something bright in the corner of his eye, he looked past the male Naiad at another Naiad, this one female. Her designs were all that of Serafina, but could it be? Did she also turn into this, thing? "... Serafina?" He spoke, hoping he wasn't making a fool of himself by mistaking her for someone else.

"What the...?" Serefina stared in confusion for a moment before she was dragged along by the racing Naiad. Laughing all the while, she flipped her tail idly, not helping much and just letting herself get pulled along for the ride. Ghost. Right.

The impact was stronger than she'd anticipated and Serefina cringed sympathetically hoping no one was hurt by what was intended to be a playful gesture. It seemed they still had some getting used to with these new bodies.

Looking up at the sound of her name, Serefina nodded. "Yep. The one and only. Merric, I presume?" She smirked, tilting her head as she looked over the familiar markings. Couldn't be any other, right?

"Merric!" Dax cried aloud, happiness radiating from every fiber of his being. Despite all he had said against the twerp, he had missed Merric. After all, he was one of the only friends he had ever made. If they could be called friends. "Glad to see you haven't changed, ol' pal," Dax joked, ignoring Merric's protest and grinning widely as he sat triumpantly upon his fellow male Naiad. "And look at that hair! I could've sword you were a girl from so far away."

"Ah...I see you recall your old sweetheart," he murmured teasingly. "But not me? I'm hurt, Merric. After all these long months. Surely you couldn't have forgotten me so quickly? Not with all the fun we had?"

The 'fun' had consisted mainly of Dax, as an adult merion, pestering and mocking the younger Merric constantly.

Merric nodded with a neutral face. "Yeah, it's me. Nice to see you again." He said, nicer then usual. He turned back to the male Naiad sitting a top of him, cocking his eye brow again. "Uh-huh. Well, Dax, now that that's cleared up, would you mind getting off me?" He asked harshly, feeling unfortable under Dax's weight. Dax hadn't changed, he still liked to annoy Merric.

The Naiad ignored what Dax said, but a small brush couldn't help linger up onto Merric's pale yellow face. "I didn't forget you." He paused. "How could I?" He said sarcastically.

Dropping the sarcasm, he looked up at Dax, and then Serafina regularly. "We all do look different from we last met though..." He commented.

Serefina nodded. "It has been a while. It seems that drastic changes are becoming the norm around here actually. At least we can still identify each other by our markings. Those don't seem to change, fortunately." Ignoring the boys' antics, she glided over and took a seat on a smooth rock on the lake floor. She was rapidly getting used to her new form and already moved with a natural grace she hadn't felt since her old adult Aion form.

Leaning back on her hands, she glanced up at the water's surface far above, sunlight dancing on the waves. She wondered what could have changed up there since her last visit. Probably a lot, considering...

"So, that's three of us now," she stated suddenly, looking back down at the boys. "Think anyone else is around here? Or going through the same thing we have?" she wondered allowed, referring once more to their new forms.

"Not at all, not at all!" With an amused smile, he released Merric, swimming back to tread water alongside Serefina.

"I knew you hadn't forgotten. We were, after all, best buds, mmm, squirt?" he said, winking cheerily.

Regarding his comment, Dax nodded. "Yeah, Seref and I noticed that too. Don't really know why. We've just been hanging out for a while. So...what've you been doing all this time? Sitting on this rock all by your lonesome?"

As he spoke, he folded his arms behind his head and swam around the other two Naiads casually on his back, keeping quiet when Serefina mentioned the markings.

"I doubt very many others are around," Dax commented dryly. "I mean you can see White-Hair here from over a mile away in these dark waters. But I haven't noticed any other colors out of the ordinary. They seemed to have disappeared from these waters long ago, with the last of the Aion eggs. Likely it's just us now."

Merric heard what Serafina said, but he was busy shooting Dax a glare. "Yeah, sure..." He replied, referring to both of Dax's comments. He knew Dax was just kidding around, but he was easily irritated. Being relieved from Dax's weight, Merric sat up on the rock comfortably with his hands lightly pushing against the rock.

Merric looked over at Serafina when she spoke, and shrugged. "I'm not sure, maybe..." He said, not sounding too hopeful. "I'd hate to admit it, but I think Dax is right. I haven't seen anything in ages..." He said lowly, pushing a lock of hair out of his face.

Serefina waved her hand idlly at the hair flowing in her face, seeming distracted. Could what Dax had suggested be true? Could it just be the three of them left? The thought was staggering. It couldn't be just the three of them left of all the Aions and Merion, could it? It was impossible!

"We can't be the only ones left," she murmured aloud, staring at the lake floor. Frowning, she wondered what they should do next. They couldn't just swim aimlessly around the lake hoping to just run into another of their kind. The lake was far too large for that. Especially considering how long they'd essentially been doing that already with no luck in finding others.

"Maybe we should go to the surface. I'm not saying it will help, but it's probably more likely that we'll find someone up there than down here. Maybe the Pae'il know something more about what's going on. More than we do at least?" she voiced her suggestion, not really thinking it was a good one, but at least it was something. Something active they could do rather than just sitting around talking amongst themselves.

The male Naiad paused in his circling and stretched his arms. "I'm all for that! I need some time in the sun anyway. All this darkness doesn't suit me...besides, it might help improrove the depressing mood we've got going down here."

"Pae'il are fun to talk to too. If we can find some, that is. I wonder if the beach is as deserted as the lake?" Grinning at the two, he snatched each of their hands and surged upward. "Only one way to find out!"

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea..." He nodded, secretly lying. Merric wasn't exactly all for it. In fact, he wasn't for it, at all. He hated being anywhere near land, but since they were all already depressed, he didn't bother making situations worse.

Merric crossed his arms as he thought. "I don't think I've ever talk to a Pae. Wait, this one- " He was cut short, when Dax pulled both him and Serefina off their rocks and race upward. "Dax!" He called, sounding a bit irritated. He blinked cluelessly afterwards, wondering why he sounded annoyed. Dax was doing the swimming, and Merric was just tagging along behind him after all.

Serefina on the other hand just laughed, tugging her hand from Dax's and darting upward swiftly. "Race you both to the surface!" she shouted, laughter in her voice. Kicking her tail powerfully, she shot upward, eyes trained on the surface where the sunlight danced lightly over the water. Adrenaline racing through her system, she felt an exhilaration she hadn't felt in a long time and it felt good. Grinning, heart pounding, she raced forward, paying no attention to where she might have left the boys. It was all about reaching the surface and reaching it first. Competitive spirit sparked, Serefina was a force to be reckoned with.

Her inertia was so great that when she reached the surface, she didn't just emerge from the water...she leapt clear out of it. Laughing with childish abandon, she arched through the air, probably catching the attention of any land-dwellers nearby, before slipping gracefully head-first back into the water with barely a splash.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:45 am
11/08/06 - 11/28/06

(Serefina, Dax, Jazz, and Aoaka)

-----

Though it seemed Merric had matured since their last meeting, Dax had, if possible, only become more childish than ever. He had been an Aion who had mostly spent his time in shallow water, watching the beach and the Pae'il who traveled there. Once or twice he had even interacted with them out of boredom and curiousity, being the gregarious type. Despite this, he grew lonely and longed for others to talk to.

However, now that he was with others of his kind, old friends, his old spirit was rekindled and he felt as if he had energy to burn. As Merric called out to him, Dax grinned, thinking that if ever he had an opposite, it was the purple-yellow Naiad.

Without slowing down, he glanced over his shoulder. "What is it? Am I going to fast for ya, buddy? Just let me know; I wouldn't want you to get mad or anything." He winked and laughed, a stream of bubbles issuing from his mouth.

Turning to look at Serefina, he heard her laughter above his own and smiled. At least someone was enjoying themselves as much as he was. "Hey, hey, wait a minute, Seref! That isn't fair! Merric's just tagging along, and you can't expect me to leave my pal here, can you?"

A glint of mischief shone in Daxs' eyes as he smirked at Merric. "Come on! We gotta catch up! Can't let that girl best us, can we? Especially since you're her age. I'm all old and worn out, so I've got an excuse." Setting off again, this time faster than before, he chuckled, not at all acting or sounding like the old, worn out Merion he claimed to be.

At last he reached the surfrace, just intime to see Serefina's marvelous leap. "Whoa..." With an open mouth, his bright blue eyes watched her carefully as she soared above the water before diving back down again in an elegant arch. "Huh...amateur," he muttered, beaming as he put a hand on his waist. He used to pride himself on tricks like those, but after so long of no one there to see him, he had stopped.

He pondered whether he still had that kind of skill left. "Look at that beauty, will ya, Merric?" He playfully slapped his friend on the back. "Gorgeous. Absolutely stunning."

Then, louder, so that Serefina could hear, "I wonder what kind of dolphin it is! Looks like a bottlenose! Or maybe I'm wrong and it's a humpback whale!" he joked, cupping his hand over his mouth to be heard.

Magically, as if the small packages had minds of their own, little parcels wrapped in elegant paper were delivered to each of the 7 new adult Naiads. Even the water couldn't ruin the beautiful wrapping paper the Guardians used.

Attached to each is a small note:

Use this well, we hope it will help you in your journeys!

Inside each package, the Naiads will find a small cyan seashell attached to a long, elegant and thin chain. This shell is their special talisman that will allow them to walk on land. But be careful, they shouldn't be away from water for too long.

((All adult Naiads have these necklaces now. And I will start giving them out to the child Naiads so they will be able to visit Kaladandra for their power when the time comes for that. ))

"Hmm? What's that?" Distracted for an instant by a glowing object in the water, Dax turned and peered through the surface. It was shallow and close enough for him to reach out and grab the lovely shimmering parcel floating just below the surface. Curious, the Naiad tilted his head, frowned, and delicately unwrapped the precious paper.

His bright blue eyes skimmed the note, then regarded the source of the soft, cyan glow. A beautiful seashell pendant attacthed to a long, elegant chain revealed itself as he picked it up and held it out in front of them. "Wow..." he breathed, studying it with wonder. "I wonder...looks like a gift from the Guardians...hey look! And there's more for you guys too...I wonder what they mean 'help us in our journeys?'"

Shrugging, Dax slipped the cyan chain over his head and long hair, remembering once more that he had forgotten to get kelp to tie it back with. Oh well. He'd find some later. "Cool! It matches me." Puffing out his chest proudly, the Naiad adult modeled the magical talisman, unaware of its mysterious properties.

Jazz was having herself a nice swim. The elder was even wearing a nice bikini that matched her normal outfit's colors. She liked how it showed off her left-side tattoo. Jazz watched the water for life as she had heard some mutterings about the aion/merions and the new Naiads.

Serefina slid back into the water after her graceful leap just in time to hear Dax's loud remark. "Dolphin? WHALE?!? I'll show you 'whale,' you overgrown tadpole!" Serefina snapped back teasingly, racing through the water to tackle the smirking Naiad.

She pulled up sharply though at the arrival of the strange packages, opening the one that floated just in front of her eyes. Like Dax, she puzzled over the note and pendant only momentarily before slipping the beautiful bauble around her neck. "Well, I'll give the Guardians points for taste. It's beautiful!" She laughed at Dax, posing with his new jewelry and was about to make another offer to braid his hair when a sudden movement out of the corner of her eye caught her attention. Falling silent, she turned in that direction and tried to see what the noise and movement was. It seemed to be someone else in the water, but they didn't seem to look like her or Dax and Merric. So, what could it be? Didn't look like a Pae'il either, at least not any she had ever seen before.

"Anyone else see or hear that?" She pointed off in the distance, eyes narrowed as she observed the figure in the shallows.

Laughing so hard at the female Naiad's reaction, Dax fell backward into the water with a big splash, his transparent tail disappearing behind him. Through his laughter, he said things like, "A whale? Of course it's a whale! Uh oh...but not humpback...looks like the killer kind...go home, free Willy!" This, he must have suspected, was terribly unwise, but he found he couldn't resist. Truly Serefina was cutest when she was angry.

The Naiad male clutched his stomach underwater, still laughing. However, he knew better than to stick around and was glad of the guardian's gift that served as a distraction. Noticing Serefina's curiosity, he turned to follow her gaze and swam up beside her.

"I...I'm not exactly sure," Dax answered, peering at the blurred figure. It took some time for his eyes to get adjusted between above water and below. "Hey...it's got legs...sorta like a Pae...a girl...and she's wearing a bikini..." He smiled mischeviously, chancing a glance at Seref. "Ooh, she's hot! Even if she is the tallest Pae I've ever seen. Check out that tattoo!"

"What do ya say, Ms. Killer Whale? Shall we go meet her? After all, wasn't it our intent to come up here to find someone in the first place?" Dax circled around behind her, speaking into her earfins and playing with a few strands of her hair.

Almost seeming automatic, and not completely sure why she did it, Serefina rolled her eyes and lightly swatted Dax's shoulder. "Watch it, buddy. And don't you know better than to make implications about a lady's weight? Better learn to behave before it gets you in REAL trouble!" Smirking, she whirled around, shooting him a look before darting away with a flick of her tail.

"Why yes, and if I recall, it was my suggestion too! Guess one of us needs to take action before we spend all day sitting here debating about it and it might as well be me, huh? Rather do that than sit here and grow old with you two!" she shouted over her shoulder, heading for the Pae in the shallows. At least, she thought it was a Pae...

Jazz saw the two...what were they? Oh yeah, she had heard somewhere that there were something called Naiads. Even a few Aions had changed. Jazz had even written to one in the Personals as she thought it could be fun.

"Aloha!" Jazz called out to them. She wanted to make sure they knew she was friendly. They might not know what she was as she was an elder. It was odd for those that hadn't met one before.

Serefina blinked in confusion at the greeting. At least she thought it was a greeting. 'Aloha?' What language was that? Did this creature even speak English? She frowned in concern, thinking that this could be more difficult than they had originally imagined. If they couldn't speak with one another, how would they communicate? They couldn't just ask what might be going on...

Ah well, gotta' give it a try. She swam up to the creature, keeping a healthy distance while getting close enough for a conversation...she hoped. "Err...hello? Do you speak English?" She spoke slowly and distinctly, noting passively how strange her voice sounded to her above water as opposed to below. She hoped that she would be understood. If they spoke different languages, they'd have to communicate in some other fashion. Drawing in the sand or...something. She'd have to think fast.

"Oww! Okay, okay, I'm sorry! Besides, I wasn't referring to your weight! We're all practically weightless in water, right?" he added, as if he thought it might have helped the situation. Mezmerized by the look she gave him before darting away, he froze for a moment, as if in a trance until he finally came to his senses and swam after her.

"Action? 'Action' is my middle name, darling!" Dax informed the Naiad female as he drew up beside her with appearent ease, folding his arms behind his head and swimming on his back to hide whatever effort it took to keep up. He didn't want her to think she was a better swimmer. Even if he was seriously having doubts about his own swimming. "And if you ever get as old as I am, let me know. We can get together sometime!"

He laughed, racing ahead, but as he was unable to look where he was going, he would have probably swam right into Jazz had the elder not called out a word of greeting.

"Aloha!" Dax righted himself in the water abruptly, once again above the surface. Grinning, he waved, recalling the word a festive demon pae had once taught him. Perhaps this female pae was related to him somehow. Noticing Serefina's puzzlement, he laughed loudly. "It means 'hello', Seref. Just a friendly term used for fun. Another Pae taught me a while ago."

Turning around, he realized he was much closer to the Elder than he had realized. His bright blue eyes widened in surprise, and his blue complexion turned crimson in embarressment. "Oh...uh, sorry, miss...I uh...must've not seen where I was going...I tend to do that alot."

Aoaka had been drifting with the tide, under the ocean's surface. He'd been drifting in thought, too, but slowly, words began to invade his consideration of the changes that had occured recently.

Blinking, he looked around, and seeing no one near, he thought to look up. There, above him and a ways to the side, were two tails and a pair of legs.

"More Naiads? And... well, I'm not sure... wait a minute. Could that be? I can't tell from here..."

He swam a little closer, still under the water, and frowned. He dithered back and forth a bit, wondering if he should go and see or play it safe down here. He thought it might be Jazz, with that color and the shape, and he'd been there when she'd come back to Hula Bob's as an elder.

She was having a conversation, though, and it would be impolite to interrupt. But.. if she was an elder, she might know what was going on. But she might not recognize him. It would be nice to see her, though.

That was enough. He drifted to the surface quietly, breaking into the air about thirty feet away, silently. His coloration was gentle enough to not stand out to anyone not paying attention to that particular part of the ocean.

From here, though, he could definitely tell who the legged one was. It was Jazz. Before he could stop himself, he raised a dripping hand high out of the water, and waved.

"Miss Jazz! Is that you? Hi!" he called, and added another wave to the other two Naiads.

Jazz chuckled at Serafina. "Oh, yes I speak English as he said, it means hello. You met Hula Bob?" She asked the blue male. Jazz knew Hula Bob taught that word to everyone he met.

"My name is Jazz and I'm the Elder of Entertainment. You two are Naiads, right? Were you once Aion or Merion?" She asked with a nod. Jazz figured that as they were adults already.

Jazz then noticed the third Naiad. He seemed to know her. It took her a few, but then she knew who it was. "Aoaka? Is that you? Yes, I'm Jazz. It's funny you change every time I see ya." She winked.

Aoaka grinned and blushed, his arm bent behind his head. "It's not my idea, really," he said, then turned to the other two.

"Hello, my name is Aoaka. It's nice to meet you," he introduced himself, and then held out his hand to shake.

Serefina blushed slightly, looking aside in embarrassment. How was she supposed to know that? She'd never heard that word before in her life. Deciding to take the attention off of herself and her mistake, she poked Dax in the side. "You know, you're going to crash into someone one day doing that."

She was surprised at the arrival of another like themselves. Had she ever met this one before? As he introduced himself as Aoaka, she realized she hadn't and that here was one she had shared the lake with and somehow never run into. The lake really was too large for the small number of aquatic creatures swimming about in it. Well, at least those who could talk. She wasn't counting the fish. "Hello. I'm Serefina and it's a pleasure." Smiling, she took his hand, nodding slightly.

She turned back to the one who had introduced herself as Jazz. An Elder, eh? She wasn't exactly sure what that meant, but it sounded important and rather impressive. "Naiads?" She puzzled over the word. "Um...sure, why not? Sounds about as right as anything else, I suppose. And yes, we were. The three of us were Merion until recently when we just sorta' woke up and looked like this!" She gestured briefly to herself, Dax, and the surprisingly-silent Merric in the distance. Perhaps they had lucked out. It sounded like Jazz knew a lot more about all this than they did. Maybe they could find out what was going on around here from her. "So, you seem to know a lot more about this than we do. Do you know why we've shifted form again?"

"Huh?" Sensing someone else in the water before actually hearing them, Dax whipped around to catch a glimpse of the newcomer that he had happened to miss. This creature was male like he and Merric, and it too looked pae-like, but with the same aquatic features. Though Dax wasn't sure he'd ever seen him before in the lake, he was pretty certain the Naiad hadn't always been one. He must have been a bottom dweller Aion or something...sure looks like one...after all, I usually spent most of my time in the shallows or the sunshine...

Looking on curiously, Dax noted the familiarity and formality of the adult's greeting toward who he had assumed was a taller-than-most female pae. She seemed to share his recognition, for in addition to responding to the name he called her, she spoke a name back.

It was then Jazz, Elder of Entertainment, introduced herself to them, commenting on someone called 'Hula Bob' and mentioning what seemed to be 'Aion' and 'Merion'. The third word however, was totally unfamiliar.

"Naiad?" he repeated in confusion. But by then the Elder had turned her attention toward the stranger. This stranger, decorated in markings of spider webs of silver and black, introduced huimself in the most formal of fashions as Aoaka, and claimed 'it was nice' to meet them.

Dax, who was getting uncomfortable due to all the formalities and manners, had remained uncharacteristically quiet until after Serefina poked him in the side.

"Oww...hehe...one day? You couldn't gess how many days it's happened before..." he told her with a shameless smile.

Reluctant to get closer to the others due to his uneasiness, Dax feared that if he should be himself at that moment, he would be looked down upon by Jazz and Aoaka, who seemed very important people. Or at least acted like it. Personally, Dax coouldn't stand the stiffness of the situation, but he didn't want Serefina to think too badly of him and decided to resist the urge to spice up the conversation.

"Miss Jazz, then, if that's what they call you," the Merion spoke in slightly sarcastic tones that were otherwise quite serious, "How in the world is it you know about us Aion? I mean I barely learned what a Merion was just recently, and I have no idea what an Elder is. Seems you know more about both of our races that I know of either. So...would you be so kind as to...to..." As he attempted to finish his sentence, a long strand of vibrant blue hair drifted in front of his face. Try as he might to blow the strand aside, several others fell instead to obscure his vision and hinder his ability to speak. They kept on seeking a way into his mouth and tickling his lips until finally he could stand it no longer.

"Seashells!" Dax swore, his true, childish nature exposed for a moment. "Just a minute!" He ducked under the shallow surface and was gone for a minute, his fluid form nearly invisible amidst the turquoise waters until it disappeared completely towards the deeper part of the lake.

In approximately a minute, however, the Naiad re-emerged, his mock solemnity reinstated, but this time with a crudely-tied kelp ponytail to accent it. His appearance, though comical to say the least, was something similar to a court house judge or a chinese magistrate, but as it had been tied in a hurry, looked more like a little girl's bow than anything.

"Now where was I? Oh yes, Miss Jazz, would you be so kind as to enlighten us?" Despite all, Dax seemed totally oblivious to his absurdity.

Aoaka beamed as Serefina accepted his hand. He hadn't had many opportunities to make friends with the other Merions, but it seemed he was getting off to a better start as a 'Naiad'. Maybe this wasn't such a bad thing after all.

"I was a Merion, too, but I don't think we ever met. Which isn't surprising... I don't leave my cave very often. I'm trying to be better about that, though," he explained in response to her greeting, his pale coloration pinking slightly in embarrassment as he looked down to the water's surface.

He turned to Jazz as the other male asked his question. A questioning look crossed his face at the other's sarcastic tone, but out of politeness, he didn't mention anything about it. He didn't want to offend and ruin any chances of a friendship.

"Yes, please. I just woke up like this one day. Do you know anything?" he asked, an imploring look directed at Jazz.

Jazz watched them for a moment. "Well, you see, I live on the island and work at a bar. I see and hear a lot of things. Like not too long ago a bunch of eggs watched up on shore. These were found to be Naiad eggs. I also heard something about the Aion and Merion race becoming extinct. Maybe you have changed because the Guardians wanted you to not die out?" Jazz scrachted her head. She hoped this was right. Being an Elder sometimes made her feel like she should know the answers, when she didn't.

Jazz flapped her wings to try and keep her upright. She didn't normally swim this long. She was move of the "stay on the bar's roof" type. Just watching things.

Aoaka smiled. "That sounds right. I'm glad they didn't want that..." he said, shaking his head slightly.

He noticed that Jazz seemed to be having a bit of trouble keeping afloat. "Jazz... did you want to go to shore? I don't mind sitting on the beach... or even near it. Uhm..." he glanced over at the others. It was true that he didn't mind, but what about the others? They might not like going on land. But, Jazz did look tired. He waited for her to decide.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:06 am
11/14/06

(Kane and Jomund)

-----

Jomund wiped his brow and lowered the axe. Last chore of the day, and it had to be the hardest one. He eyed the line in the tree where his axe had been biting in, and sighed. Not all that deep yet. Not deep at ALL! Letting the axe rest head down he leaned on the haft, groaning as he rolled his tired shoulders. His arms were going to be SO bloody sore tomorrow. He wanted to crack his knuckles so bad, but as sore and beat up as they were from planing that flowerbox, he was afraid to. The sweat was stinging them too under the wrapping. Shaking his head he picked up the axe again, and started to wail at the tree again.

He was really starting to hate wood...

What Jomund did not know, was that he was being watched. Not by one pae, but two. Twins, their eyes focused on the deep purple figure that was off in the distance. Their caretaker had stopped off to the side of the path of the forest to try and feed them, and found that they would have nothing of his baby food, but they did seem to enjoy his roast beef, so he was feeding them that.

High in the trees, a dark blue blur raced through the foliage, leaping from branch to branch effortlessly. Eyes narrowed and scanning the ground for possible prey, Kane was hungry. It had been some time since he'd had a decent meal and he knew he'd have to eat soon or he wouldn't have the energy to hunt at all. Last resort, he'd head for the lake to catch some fish. Suddenly, he halted, perched precariously on a branch on all-fours with ears twitching. What was that sound? Prey...or something else?

Thwack, THWACK, THWACK! Jomund was really wailing into the tree with the axe, grunting with each strike against the tree. It was a pain in the butt was what it was, but it had to be done, once he felled the tree he was going to have to strip it, and once it was stripped he'd get it ready to haul all the way back to the mountain. He had no idea how strong his grandfather thought he was, but he was having doubts about his ability to lug this tree there.

Kane frowned, eyes narrowed as he glared into the distance. The sound was rhythmic...and annoying. His ear twitched in annoyance as he lifted his head to sniff the wind. Hmm...didn't smell like prey. Nothing tasty at least. But his curiosity was peaked. Normally, the feline-esque demonic Pae wouldn't waste energy on something that wasn't food, but he had to check out this strange sound. Changing direction, he darted off through the foliage again, moving in nearly perfect silence.

It wasn't long before he came upon the other Pae'il...attacking a tree? What in Telrunya...? Why would someone attack a tree? You couldn't eat them. Looked like a waste of energy. Forgetting his usual anti-social nature for his overwhelming curiosity, Kane crept slowly down the tree, settling on a lower branch where he could see better. Nope, still didn't seem to make sense.

Jomund put the axe down and sighed. "Ugh..." He rolled his shoulder again, and then kicked the tree, which seemed to be as sturdy and undamaged as ever. "GAH! YOU STUPID TREE!" Jomund groaned and rested his forehead on the haft of the axe. "Meh whatever... food break..." He let the axe fall and moved over to a metal pail which held some samwiches.

Kane let out a chuckle that sounded more like a growl. Yelling at a tree? And kicking it? Maybe this Pae was crazy. Would explain why he was doing something as pointless as attacking a tree. At least the silly thing was amusing to watch. Following the Pae's movement with sharp eyes, Kane wondered what he could be up to now.

That was when the wind shifted. The scent was unfamiliar...but undeniably recognizable at the same time. Food!

Growling softly, Kane wasted no time in leaping silently from the tree, crouching in the bushes on all-fours as he watched cautiously. Hungry though he may be, he wasn't stupid. He might have to fight for the food if the male Pae decided to make an issue of it. And he might be foolish, but his earlier actions showed that he wasn't without strength. Kane wasn't eager to take on another full-grown male face-to-face if he didn't have to. Waste of energy, you know.

Tail twitching, Kane began circling, finally making his presence known as he emerged from the bushes. Wings flared to make himself seem more intimidating, he hoped to make the other male give up without a fight so he could take the food all for himself.

Jomund looked up and blinked. "Oh... Hello..." He chuckled and picked up a samwich. "What are you doing around these parts sir?" He shook his head and started to munch on the samwich.

Kane hissed softly, hesitating. This hadn't been exactly what he'd expected from the other male. His pose faltered, if only for a moment, before he flared his wings to their full span, ears lying flat against his skull. Guess this Pae didn't understand the obvious message he was sending. Fine. He'd have to try another method. One he hadn't used in a while.

"You," Kane growled, his voice rough from disuse. "Hand over the food and no one gets hurt."

Jomund rolled his eyes and sighed. "Hey look dude, I'll share but no way am I going to give you all of this stuff." He picked out another samwich and held it out to Kane. "Here."

Blinking, Kane tilted his head in confusion. Normally, his pride as a predator wouldn't allow him to accept an 'offer' from another. He needed to 'hunt and kill' his own meal. But...it had been a while since he'd last eaten and he really didn't have the energy for a scuffle. Growling, mostly at himself, he crept forward slowly, still wary that this might be a trap. Afterall, he didn't know this Pae at all...who said he wouldn't attack as soon as he got near? He was a little strange.

As soon as he got within arm's length, he reached out and snatched the sandwich from the other's hand, scurrying back a few steps before sitting down to eat. He hunched over his 'kill' eating quickly while keeping an eye on the strange one. Couldn't be too careful.

Jomund finished his samwhich and pulled out another, starting to eat it watching Kane. "So... What's your name? I'm Jomund," He smiled and bowed his head. This guy was kind of strange.

Kane raised an eyebrow curiously. Weird one, no doubt. Nevertheless...

"Kane," he snapped, still not used to this 'talking' thing again. After so many months alone in the forest, doing nothing but hunting and eating...socializing with other Pae'il wasn't high on his list of things to do.

Something else was odd about this guy though. Other than the obvious, of course. He sniffed the air again. Something about his scent. It was vaguely familiar...but not. Finally, he just blurted his thoughts aloud. "You know a guy called Aspen?"

Jomund chuckled. "Nice to meet you Kane," He held out another samwich to him and nodded his head. "Yeah I know him, he's my brother..." Jomund sighed and shook his head. "Not that I've seen him in ages," He laughed and kept the samwich out there, smiling at him as he started to dangle it.

Hmm...brother, eh? Maybe he could trust him...if only a bit. Then again, Kane hadn't had such good experience with 'brothers' now that he thought about it. He growled inadvertently, thinking of Cabel...'the thing.' Shaking his head, he focused on the food being offered. He was still hungry.

He crept up again, taking the sandwich a little less violently this time and not backing away again. Instead, he just plopped down and started to eat, barbed tail swishing behind him. "Thought so," he blurted suddenly. "You smell like 'im."

"Uh... Thank... you?" Wwwwwwweeeeeeiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrd! He didn't scoot away and chuckled, finishing off this samwich and pulled out another for himself. "So, what are you doing out and about? I myself was cutting down this tree to drag it and make some firewood for a furnace up there," He pointed up at To'ul.

Even Kane couldn't resist a smirk. "Wasn't exactly a compliment. Just an observation." Just because Kane chose not to participate in conversation didn't mean he couldn't. He had an extensive vocabulary, even if he didn't use it often.

He shrugged, glad to hear that the crazy Pae had SOME reason for what he was doing. Firewood was something he understood, even if 'furnace' wasn't. He just usually picked his firewood up off the ground. On the rare occasion he used it anyway. Certainly made fish taste good, he'd learned. Especially with the right spices. That was one thing he'd learned from Takeko before taking off.

"Hunting, actually. I was hungry, but I guess this takes care of that," he quipped, finishing off the second sandwich, much to his stomach's delight. His curiosity took over again, curse it all, and he looked up at Jomund, head tilted. "What's a 'furnace'?"

Jomund offered another samwich, he was full, but he didn't know if Kane was, and he had at least another four of them in here, and he was sure he wasn't going to eat them and he didn't want them to go to waste.

"Well, a furnace is like a stove, it creates heat, but in this case, I use it to make charcoal for my grandfather, you see, I'm working for him now," He chuckled and shook his head. "I decided I needed to take a new direction in my life, after er... yeah..."

Kane was only too willing to take any food this guy didn't want. Easy 'prey' was a rare thing and one never knew when the food supply would dry up for a while. Those dry spells could be rough.

"Ah, okay. Not food then." Now that he knew what a furnace was, his curiosity was satisfied. He could care less about Jomund's life story. He wasn't like some of those 'wishy-washy, touchy-feely' Pae...like his adopted mother. Life was about survival, which meant finding enough food and water and protecting oneself from predators. Nothing else mattered.

"Don't worry. I don't wanna' know." He waved a free hand, eating slower now than he had been. "I'm assuming 'charcoal' isn't food either, right? So what's it good for?" With no idea why he was being so talkative, Kane leaned back against a tree, making himself more comfortable. Maybe it was the plentiful food making him relax his guard. Who knew?

"It burns hotter than wood, and it make it so you can smelt iron and make steel," Jomund chuckled, pushing the metal bucket towards Kane so he didn't have to keep handing him samwiches. "My Grandfather uses it to make this metals so he can work them into tools, weapons, armor, other things," He shook his head slowly and let out a long sigh. "But this tree is just NOT wanting to come down."

Kane nodded silently, not quite understanding ALL of that, but getting the general idea. "I see." Eyeing the tree expertly, the dark demon continued eating for a bit with a thoughtful air. After a while, he stood and walked over to the tree silently. He leaned in, baring one claw-like fingernail and poking at the area Jomund had been hacking earlier with the axe. Hmm...

Next, he reached up, trying to shake the top portion of the tree to test its strength. Shaking his head, he noted that it wasn't going anywhere...for now. Without a word, he picked up the axe and began hacking at the tree like he'd seen Jomund doing not long ago.

Jomund blinked and just watched him. He stood up but didn't get anywhere near Kane.

Rule #1 of sharp objects being swung: Stay away from the guy swinging it!

"Hey, Kane, you really don't got to do that dude I got it covered," He chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "Really, it's my job, I was just taking a dinner break, it's no sweat." He laughed.

Mainly he was jealous, Kane was acutally getting somewhere!

Perhaps it was because of how little time he spent with other Paes, but Kane didn't realize his true strength was anything but normal in comparison. Of course, it wasn't anything drastically remarkable, but he did spend his time bounding through the trees and hunting down his own food. He depended on his physical strength and agility to survive. More than most Pae'il.

Closing one eye in reflex as a woodchip flew by his ear, Kane growled softly. "Forget it," he snapped, never losing rhythm. The demon wasn't one to stop once he'd started a task, but that wasn't the only issue. "You gave me food." he paused only long enough to gesture at the pail of sandwiches and adjust his hold on the axe before resuming work. "I don't owe anyone anything. Ever."

Jomund raised his hands above his head and shrugged, shaking his head slowly. "Whatever dude, I wasn't like, expecting you to owe me or anything, I was just giving you food, you looked hungry," He laughed weakly shook his head. "I mean really, you don't have to do this..."

"Meh, too late now," Kane responded with a trace of a smirk crossing his lips. He was rather starting to enjoy this project actually. It had been a long time since he'd had a chance to push his limits and test his strength. Well...since he'd ventured into Dragnid...but that had just been stupid. He wouldn't do that again.

But honestly, he hated to think he owed anyone anything. Hence, the reason why he never accepted offerings from others. Well, usually he didn't. So much for that, but he planned to make up for the charity.

Pausing to inspect the tree, Kane nodded expertly. Maybe he'd never done this before, but he knew a lot about the strength and integrity of trees. He practically lived in them afterall. It was knowledge necessary for survival. "You might wanna' stand back," he warned Jomund before setting the axe down. Taking a half-step back, he crouched and spread his wings with a leathery flutter. Now for a demonstration of his natural agility. He tensed his muscles before leaping, hitting the trunk with both hands and feet. His full weight caused the weakened trunk to bend, a loud crack echoing through the area. Immediately, Kane rebounded, whirling and leaping free, flaring his wings only after he was clear of the branches. The tree seemed to fall in slow motion, trunk splintering the rest of the way through where the two males had attacked it with the axe. Leaves and dirt swirled into the air as the trunk slammed into the ground.

Simultaneously, the demon Pae'il fell to earth, slowed only slightly by his wings. He landed in a deep crouch on all-fours, wings flared high in the air and head down. After a moment, he looked up with a feral smirk. THAT was how one took down a mighty foe.

"JEBUS H. SONOFAGUN!" Jomund jumped away, swearing loudly as the tree nearly smashed him in the head. He grimaced and rubbed his head. Now came the FUN part.

He fished the axe out from under the fallen tree, and started to hack away at the boughs of the tree. "Thanks Kane, I owe you one dude!"

Well, that was a new curse he hadn't heard before. Or used. Chuckling darkly, Kane stretched and shook his head. "I told you to forget it. Plus, that was kinda' fun," he admitted, that feral light still shining in his eyes. Something about unleashing his strength and power for such an impressive, if violent, result gave him a rush he hadn't felt in a long time.

If Jomund wanted a turn with the axe again, who was he to argue? Instead he stalked over to the pail with the grace of a predator, sitting down silently and leaning against the tree. Had to keep his strength up, right? He grabbed another sandwich from the pail and watched Jomund work, adrenaline still pumping through his system from his display.

"Hey, if you ever feel like doing something like that again, just let me know, I can make you some more samwiches," He chuckled and shook his head, tossing the first bough away and moving to the next as he stripped the tree. "Though, I really should just do my own work from now on, but no reason I can't help you out with some food."

Kane only smirked at the offer. "Well, I say as long as you get the work done, why should it matter HOW you got it done?" Shrugging dismissively, he crossed his arms, finished with the sandwiches for now. Too much food left one sleepy and vulnerable to attack. He'd already had more than he was used to. Hopefully, his athletic exertion would balance everything out.

His eyes were half-lidded, though he remained fully-aware of his surroundings. Keen sight wasn't his only gift. His sharp hearing and sense of smell could easily keep him from harm if necessary. Plus, he'd grown to trust Jomund...to an extent. Seemed like an okay guy afterall. He'd trust Jomund enough not to attack him at least. For Kane, that was saying a lot, especially for such a brief time. Free food went a long way to gaining the feral Pae's trust, however. The rhythmic blows of axe-on-wood echoed through the area, causing Kane's ear to twitch every once in a while. Interesting situation he'd gotten himself into here. When he'd set out in search of food earlier, he'd never imagined falling into a scene such as this.

As Jomund continued to strip the tree he chuckled. "Well Kane, it kind of defeats the purpose of why I took the job," He laughed and shook his head. "Besides, I can't get any stronger if I don't work hard at it..." He sighed and finished stripping the tree, and looked over at the harness he had to drag the tree. "Hey, you up for a walk?"

Opening one eye fully, he answered, "Eh, whatever. Suppose you have a point there though..." Rolling his neck, he stood and stretched. "Sure, why not?" He yawned, his wings fluttering before folding over his shoulders. "Time to drag that thing?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow. This was going to be interesting to see.

Jomund chuckled. "Yeah, I have to drag it at least to the base of the mountain tonight..." He actually was going to chop it into pieces there and then cart all the logs up the mountain by flight, then crash for the night, and then work on his house tomorrow. This tree was large enough to supply a good weeks worth of wood to the furnace, so he was pretty sure he wouldn't have to worry about felling anymore for anything but his house, of course any extra could always be used to feed the flames.

He quickly slipped the harness on the bare trunk, then gathered up the boughs from the tree. They made excellent kindling for the fireplace in his temporary home, and the nights were chill up on the mountain top. Once he'd collected all the boughs he slipped on the carrying straps for the harness and started to walk.

The trunk slowly started to slide behind him.

This was going to take awhile...

Kane merely watched, eyebrow raised. Seemed like a hell of a lot of work. Was it really worth it? What in Telrunya could be worth this much work?

He shook his head, eyes closed. These silly Pae'il and their 'houses' and such. The whole concept of buildings to live in and creating structures was lost on Kane. The forest and a sturdy tree was good enough for him. "You sure you're going to make it that far by nightfall?" Kane wondered aloud, watching Jomund's slow progress. He certainly doubted it. Sighing and shaking his head again, he couldn't believe what he was about to do...

"You sure I can't help somehow?"

...those must have been some damn good sandwiches.

"Naw dude, it's kohser, I'm all good..." Jomund chuckeld a little and shook his head. In truth he would have loved the help, but his pride just wouldn't let him after Kane had kicked the trees a**. He needed to prove to himself that he was still... you know... manly.

"I'm sure I'll make it, and if I don't I'll just do my best in the dark. You should always finish what you start... and I intend to start doing that from now on..."

Kane nodded sagely; it was a philosophy he believed in rather strongly himself. "Eh, works for me. 'S a good idea ya' got there," he commented idlly. In a way, he was relieved that Jomund had refused his help. What was he thinking, offering to...help...like that? For no good reason! He'd more than paid the guy back for a few sandwiches, so why'd he do it?

It worried him that he had no answer for that.

Jomund laughed and shook his head slowly, making his way towards the mountain at the slow pace, watching the light fade around him. It was then he remembered that he had forgotten something VERY Vital to the remainder of the night.

He swore, rather loudly at that, because he'd made so much progress he didn't want to backtrack.

"Figures I'd forget the bloody axe..." He muttered as he neared the base of the mountain, nowhere near where he needed to be yet, but getting close. "Now I'm going to have to go back and get it... Bloody freaking hell..."

This latest bout of cursing brought a genuine laugh from Kane...a rare event in ANY occasion. Worthy of note, in fact. "Now, this I can handle. Be right back. Time me if you want." With a leap, the demon Pae was off, nothing more than a blue blur through the treetops. More and more, the trees had become his natural element and he found he could move faster bounding between branches than he could on the ground. He thought it might be because of the branches natural springiness and the extra momentum they added to his leaps, but he didn't care enough to think too long on the subject.

Within minutes, he had covered the ground back to the site, marked by the fresh-cut stump in the middle of the almost-clearing. Adrenaline pumping again thanks to the exercise, he grabbed up the axe from the ground and was back into the trees in seconds. Leaves and branches practically flew by his head as he sprang from limb to limb with seemingly no effort. Pulse pounding in his ears, Kane's eyes glittered in the fading light. Quite a few unfortunate forest creatures had seen this sight. The last thing they'd ever seen, in fact. This particular predator had gained quite a reputation in the forest; one that wouldn't be forgotten any time soon.

He took a final leap, dust stirring up around his feet as he landed mere feet from Jomund's side. "There. No problem," Kane quipped, smirking cheekily.

Jomund was floored, speechless actually, but that was besides the point. "Wow, that's awesome man!" He chuckled and shook his head. "I owe you AGAIN," He laughed and kept walking, rolling his head a little.

Once they reached the area that Jomund had declared 'stop-off' he stopped and slipped the harness from his shoulders and dropped the boughs of the tree off to one side. Sliding the harness off the trunk of the tree he put it near the stripped branches and smiled. "Alright Axe, and I'll get to work," He chuckled, holding his hand out to Kane for the implement.

Kane only shook his head again. "You don't owe me if I decide to do something. It's not like you asked me." Where was all this coming from? He'd talked more today than he had in months! Heck, maybe ever! Eh, who knew...sometimes strange things happen with no explanation whatsoever. Just accept and move on.

Curious to see what was to be done now, Kane passed the axe to Jomund and leapt up to perch on a boulder at the foot of the mountain. This much was Jomund's job, so he'd stay out of the way and observe for now.

Jomund chuckled and took the axe, moving over and stepping off the length of the first log, and brought the axe down at an angle, managing to get the blade in deep. "Yes, much better, gravity is indeed my friend." He sighed contently as he brought the axe down again on the opposite diagonal, then straight down. "Hey... man... if... I... say... I... owe... you... then... I... owe... you!" Jomund countered the demon as he wailed away at the horizontal tree, working on cutting it down into actual usable logs.

"I... always... pay... my... debts..."

Teigra
Kane rolled his eyes, sighing. Who knew if he'd ever see this guy again after today anyway? "Okay, sure, whatever you say, man. If we don't stop this, we'll be arguing about who owes who until Judgment Day." Watching carefully, he noted that Jomund was making much better progress now. Should finish in much less time at this rate. As opposed to earlier, of course.

Jomund chuckled. "Nah... no... big... I... owe... you... is... all... call... it... in... any...time..." Finally Jomund figured it would just be best to stop talking and just hammer like hell into the tree. So he did.

He started to swing the axe down harder and harder, watching the woodchips whizz by his head and sometimes even smack him in the face. When he saw them fly towards him he would shut his eyes tight. Soon the tree gave way. and he panted, but moved a few more steps down the trunk and began anew.

Kane shrugged again dismissively, "Okay, whatever." He watched as Jomund succeeded with one section and moved on to another immediately. "Err...working hard is fine, but remember," he frowned, shaking his head, "Don't push yourself too hard too fast or you won't be good for much at all."

Why did he care? Eh...

Growing slightly uncomfortable, he decided this was a good time to cut the hell out of there. This was a bit too much for him to handle all of a sudden and he growled softly. "Well, good luck with that. See ya' around." With a quiet rustle, Kane disappeared into the trees and was gone.

Jomund kept up his work until well into the night, and when the log was finally finished, he spent another half an hour getting the logs and branches up to the forge and house. He stoked the furnace and fed it for the night, and then headed on into the house, and started to build a fire to make himself a VERY late dinner.

It wasn't much, considering the only things left in the house that had not rotted was the things that were meant not to, so Jomund set it in his mind that he would raid the HQ tomorrow, as well as maybe paying Joi anther visit to see if she needed some help after work was done, then maybe break ground on his house...

Yeah... That sounded good.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:09 am
01/27/07

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about this thing. *shrugs* Ah well...

Not much going on. Not since that whole 'tree incident' anyway. Though, I must admit, THAT was fun. Taking out the tree I mean. I suppose that guy wasn't that awful to put up with. He did have decent sandwiches. And he's Aspen's brother, so he can't be completely useless, right?

Anyway, I kill, I eat, I sleep, I hunt some more...what more is there to life? I wonder. Maybe I could see what Jomund is doing...?

...where did that come from?

*frowns and closes journal*

- Kane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:11 am
01/27/07

So...I suppose I should mention that I've moved in with Nienna. That's how it seems anyway. I'm going to stay with her for a while now and we'll see how it works out. I'll be staying in the guest room (she's REALLY got a nice place...underground, cozy...), so don't get the wrong idea about this! *blushes*

I just...want to be close to her. Like, I don't ever want to leave her side. I want to be there if she needs anything, to take care of her, even though I know she can do that herself.

I'd like to think this is what love is. I certainly believe that now, more than ever.

- Cabel

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:31 am
02/15/07

OMG...I am so horrified! I sorta' stumbled across what looked like a massive gathering of Pae'il...turns out it was a family gathering that I missed the invite for because I was wandering the woods finding random abandoned demon children...

Anyway, I found Mom, which was the whole point. I thought if anyone, SHE could help me with this whole Devyn issue. After a brief misunderstanding about where Devyn came from... *blush* ...she offered to take him for a while. I was relieved and thought nothing of it. That is, until Devyn started pitching a fit! Before I could say or do anything, he bit her! Hard! By the time I got him away from her, there was already blood trickling down her arms!

I don't understand...when Devyn bit me in the forest, he didn't break the skin. Why did he bite Mom so hard? I knew he was a demon child...I knew it from the start...

- Saffron

Later

Poor Saffron. He seemed so upset earlier...and over a couple little holes. They were tiny puncture wounds...really! Nothing to get so upset about! Plus, he has that little boy to care for now. I can see why he would be so stressed.

I must admit though. If the boy turns out to be anything like Kane was as a child, Saffron is going to have his hands full. And he will have to keep the child from biting other people like that.

We seem to attract the stranger children to this family, don't we?

- Takeko

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces