Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miracle of Life: A Pregnancy Roleplaying Guild

Back to Guilds

A RP guild based around the joy of impending motherhood. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Pregnant, Maternity, Motherhood, Expectant 

Reply Super hero subforum: (Under Construction)
Super-hero Subforum! INPUT NEEDED! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 am
Still ironing out the bugs of this subforum, but some things could use other peoples input, so please read the questions at the bottom of this post and post some answers if you have any.

Viper9000
IDEA! HAZAA!

Perhaps a super hero theme? Similar to old T.V show Static Shock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_Shock), unstable chemical goes gas and explodes, giving gangs of teenagers super powers at random.

My main idea was to basically mimic the old TV show Static Shock. Gas explosion gives large gangs of teenagers and other people nearby superpowers, pregnancy being a side effect for the female heroes/villains as they are now mutants and their bodies know in order to survive as a mutant species to reproduce.

Roll 1-100, have chart listing different powers?

**These things are hilarious to play around with!**
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/comics/herogen/
http://www.rps.net/cgi-bin/stone/randpower.pl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_superhuman_features_and_abilities_in_fiction#Powers
http://www.superheronation.com/2007/12/30/list-of-superpowers/
http://www.gotoquiz.com/super_powers_quiz

What buildings do you all think our super hero town will need? Examples might be...

JANE (Just Another Normal Employer)- This is an employment agency that hires normal people and super people while in their ordinary day wear. They spread the superheroes out throughout the city and that is how one can work the garbage routes while another can pretend to be a CEO. Superheroes are everywhere in the eyes of JANE!

E-Vail Incorporated- A large department store that sells top of the line computers to villains and normal folks alike. It is a pun off of "E-Mail" and "Incorporated".

Just Ice Cream- A store where local superheroes gather with the ordinary folks to enjoy frozen dairy treats. It is a pun off of "Justice" and "Ice Cream"

Where should our town be located?

It is currently named Starburg mrgreen

What state/country should it be in? Should we make up our own?

What era shall our story take place in?

Currently thinking of Fallout/apocalyptic era setting

Like I said, I'm just trying to lay out the ground work so feel free to toss ANY ideas out at me. You can post them here in this thread or in a PM!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:59 am
Meyaira Firespring
Alright: For the Superhero RP Sub-Forum, my thoughts are these so far. I've only had a quick look at the moment as I am about to go to sleep.

However some things I pondered over are:

You'll need a list of rules specific to this role play. What is allowed? What don't you want people to do? Are there any limits that you need to set? What do you want people to do/work towards? How many characters per person are allowed? Who gets to RP the resulting children of pregnancies? Etc.

A main story or meta-plot and a setting would really help set the scene and give people end goals to work towards. Storyline will have two key major Villains, a Lex Luthor type (public figure, well known but nothing bad sticks to him) and a Boris the Animal type (Jailbird, rotten to the core, doesn't care what he has to do to achieve his goals)

What kind of world is it set in? Post-apocalyptic? A fantasy world? A world with varying landscapes? Perhaps a Futuristic/sci-fi one? Medieval?

What makes this world different and would entice you to explore it? Are there dragons and beasts? What sort of animals and plantlife? Any dangerous areas that villains would inhabit? Perhaps there are things in the world that could aid a hero or a villan (such as special crystals or maybe fruits? Looking at mythology from different cultures could really inspire and bring the world to life.

Is there a special school for these super heroes? No, the superpowers won't manifest until their late teenage years (16+).

Do they have to learn how to use their powers or do they already know how to use them? They will have to discover and learn their powers on their own while trying to hide them from people who might kill them for being "different".
For example, if the character has the elastic ability he or she might accidently shut his/her hand in a door and said hand forms around the door resulting in no injury. That would be a moment of "power discovery".

Maybe make a list of races people can choose that would fit with the particular world and story you choose to set it in. Or at least let people know what characters are and are not permitted. Characters will all have started as humans, but depending on the way selected super power manifests you might not look human anymore. For example, like the Thing in Fantastic Four. Still human in shape, but hes orange and rocky.

Perhpas make it clear that you don't want any god-moding or power-playing or any of that nonsense. (I'm sure you already know this one). Or any text talk...and so on. This'd go in the rules section.

Heros and villains can come in many shapes and sizes. I suppose if it was a medieval world, you'd have paladins, knights, princess warriors, bards, theives, and so on. Just think of some role playing games or stories you've read.

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:30 pm
What buildings do you all think our super hero town will need? Examples might be...

A high security prison, for when the villains are defeated and get locked up.

Old aqueducts under the town. Those are always fun lairs for heroes or villains. Although I could be thinking of a certain group of Ninja Turtles.

Really high sky scraper, (like a radio tower? The Eiffel tower?) and maybe a high bridge. People love to fly around those things and monsters love to climb them. It makes for some cool action scenes and damsel in distress stuff too.

A hospital with advanced medical technoligies. Maybe a hidden hospital that caters to mutants or 'those with powers'.

Some really big mansion up on a hill. Come on, those are fun.

A tea shop/restaurant that secretly sells other stuff in the back (weapons, information, or maybe hides a super hero who's a chef in their daily life).

Maybe a farm or two that sells the produce they harvest.

A costume shop that actually sells clothes/outfits made for people with powers but acts as a normal costume shop to normal humans.

A health spa with hotsprings indoors and out to help people relax and heal after battles.

I know these aren't really a building but: Caves. These make great secret bases and look really cool. It could be in a cliffside so it's hard to get to. Looking out over the sea?

Near the sea. Maybe somewhere cold since Starburg sounds kind of like Iceberg. And maybe you can see a lot of stars at night, so not too close to other towns or cities. Also if there are people with water powers it'd be good for them.

Well if it's still on Earth, since the town is named Starburg, perhaps it could be on one of the cold countries in the world. Or else you can make up a country depending on what world it's in. Astaria?

What era shall our story take place in?

I guess futuristic, since it'd be after a fallout/apocalypse. Or maybe a mix of old things and new things. Since a lot would have been destroyed in an apocalypse, people could now be relying on older ways of life rather than the newer tech they used to have.

I dunno, those are just my two cents again...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 pm
I think the super villains should own a space station. That would be fun to have for a building of sorts.  

WritingTime

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:23 pm
For a high security prison where the defeated villains are locked up, I was thinking of a space station sorta thing like that movie Lockout. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1592525/

We could even have a break out like in that movie or similar to the way Boris the Animal breaks out in Men in Black 3.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:51 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Near the sea. Maybe somewhere cold since Starburg sounds kind of like Iceberg. And maybe you can see a lot of stars at night, so not too close to other towns or cities. Also if there are people with water powers it'd be good for them.

Well if it's still on Earth, since the town is named Starburg, perhaps it could be on one of the cold countries in the world. Or else you can make up a country depending on what world it's in. Astaria?

I agree it should be near the ocean/sea. And after pondering it for a half hour or so I've come to the conclusion that Starburg will be located on the half-continent of Astaria, formerly part of Australia. In the year 2029, the continent of Australia was rocked by an earth shattering earthquake which proceeded to break the continent up into three smaller half-continents. The north-eastern chunk was later renamed Astaria in the year 2031.

What you guys think? I've got a map of Australia saved to my desktop at this very moment and I am working on tearing it apart in photoshop. twisted  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 pm
Oh man, that's awesome. I was thinking of the prison on the moon from Men in Black 3 as well! rofl Ahaha.

@WritingTime: Lol. Yeah, wouldn't it be funny if they owned a space station hidden away not too far from the space prison (like with an invisibility sheild)? Guards watching the prison would have no idea where all the bad guys were escaping to.

@Viper: What a nifty idea. Just rip Australia into three different bits and rename them. I like it! XD You gotta include that description in the rp, you just have to. It's amusing and brilliant.

Oh, we can have mutated Kangaroos and platypus. And lots of snakes. Ice wyrms anyone?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:00 am
The south-eastern pieces will remain Australia, but the western and north-eastern chunks will be renamed (NE one already being Astaria).

Its still trial idea but if people like it, I'll block it into the subforum itself.

Heres the pictures so far, lemme know what you think!

This here are the "mysterious" fault lines that the shattering happen along.
User Image

And this is it again after the Shattering, with all the major cities marked.
User Image  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 am
Oh no, someone broke the Australia cookie. cat_gonk

Looks good Viper. A futuristic/post-apocalyptic version of Aus...I think you wiped out a few of our capital cities but hey, it's cool. biggrin

We have most of the world's most venomous snakes living here so there could maybe be mutated snakes that turn into giant Wyrm type things.

Tasmania is kind of like England or New Zealand's south island, climate-wise. Cold and rainy and beautiful with gentle sun.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:39 am
The land down under just got a little bit more under! pirate

And yeah, I know I probably missed a number of cities and such but I googled Australian major cities and those are the ones it showed me. The ones that got destroyed were simply unlucky, Darwin would have be destroyed by the Shattering itself while the other one got tsunami-ed to bits (or thats what I thought anyway). Feel free to correct me on any of this stuff as its your home country I'm goofing off with. =P

So the NE chuck is Astaria, Western chuck = ???, and the SE piece is still Australia. Think that works?

And yeah, I'm sure we'll be able to get creative with turning deadly creatures into even deadlier mutant versions. twisted  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

WritingTime

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:24 am
If you do what you did to the map, well, then should we include other continents as well for reference's sake?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:38 am
WritingTime
If you do what you did to the map, well, then should we include other continents as well for reference's sake?

I considered that, but for now we'll stick with this. If the entire guild shows interest in joining this RP and we need the room, I'll expand the map to include other areas (with the exception of that space station, thats staying no matter what).  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

WritingTime

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:55 am
Maybe for a health shop or spa name we can use "Tone to the Bone"? And for a costume place, "We Love that Special Face". It's iconic you know to know that your face is on a magazine with that underneath.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:28 pm
What do you all think of Starburg's location on the map? I wanted to choose somewhere near the ocean like MF mentioned but I also wanted somewhere near mountains and lower laying areas so we have them as location threads.  

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

Viper 9000
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:49 pm
Meyaira Firespring

A high security prison, for when the villains are defeated and get locked up. Yes, we're gonna have a high security super-prison that orbits the earth, similar to the one in the movie "Lockout". Thought about copying MIB3 one and putting one on the moon, but figured if we need the extra RP space next thing to get blown up will be the Moon. twisted Although the space-station one still needs a name.

Old aqueducts under the town. Those are always fun lairs for heroes or villains. Although I could be thinking of a certain group of Ninja Turtles. I would say yes to this, but Starburg is likely to be a newer city so it wouldn't have any of those near it, unless of course MF corrects me and gives me quick history lesson on Australia. =P Plus I think the Caves idea would work better for this function.

Really high sky scraper, (like a radio tower? The Eiffel tower?) and maybe a high bridge. People love to fly around those things and monsters love to climb them. It makes for some cool action scenes and damsel in distress stuff too. We'll probably have both of those, in fact I was thinking about having two really big-a** bridges connecting the shattered bits back to Australia.

A hospital with advanced medical technologies. Maybe a hidden hospital that caters to mutants or 'those with powers'. Yes, gonna have normal hospital. Not sure about special mutant hospital yet, might have one but it would probably be more of a lab where they just played around to see what works on mutants.

Some really big mansion up on a hill. Come on, those are fun. Agreed, we're gonna have one those. Figured our big rich, Lex Luthor type villain would own one on those hills/mountains to the east of Starburg.

A tea shop/restaurant that secretly sells other stuff in the back (weapons, information, or maybe hides a super hero who's a chef in their daily life).

Maybe a farm or two that sells the produce they harvest. Special mutant plant farms are likely to spring up after the shattering. They can specialize in normal foods that happen to grow humongous and the newer mutant plants we'll have popping up.

A costume shop that actually sells clothes/outfits made for people with powers but acts as a normal costume shop to normal humans.

A health spa with hotsprings indoors and out to help people relax and heal after battles.

I know these aren't really a building but: Caves. These make great secret bases and look really cool. It could be in a cliffside so it's hard to get to. Looking out over the sea? Of course cave hideouts, but it would be a fight between mazes of sewer system or cliff side hideouts. Having both might be big overkill.

Super hero subforum: (Under Construction)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games