Welcome to Gaia! ::

Project Utopia

Back to Guilds

RP Guild for the B/C Pets of Project Utopia 

Tags: project, utopia, breedable, fantasy, roleplay 

Reply [RP] - the place for all RP threads
[PRP] It's in your hands now (Alery & Aren)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:49 am
Upon the return of the search party that Ghost had been waiting for with growing unease, their small group was presented with their first case of a serious medical problem. Namely the more close to death than life supreme ruler, Aren.

He had led them to the infirmary and shooed everyone out while in the same breath calling for Alery, who was hopefully somewhere on the ship and not out exploring on her own. Ghost wasn't sure what to make of this situation. A deep frown on his face, he paced, waiting for their one and only resident healer. A nurse, a trainee! He felt a strong urge to hit his head against a wall for good measure.
Sure, they were happy to HAVE a healer, but ... he wasn't sure if she was up to the challenge. Not at all. But what other choice did they have?

"Stop pacing." Arens weak voice was accompanied by a wry grin that made his frown deepen, if that was even possible. "I'll be fine." Yeah, sure. He was about to shot back a reply for the older to keep his damn mouth shut and save that faint flicker of strengh for something useful, like, surviving! when he was thankfully interrupted by the door sliding open.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:28 pm
Frantic. The word would be an accurate choice to describe Alery's state when Ghost had urgently called for a scouting party to form. Numerous questions bombarded her thoughts regarding the possibilities that could unfold under the sudden circumstances as she headed out from where she was in the library and went onto rushing around her room. What medical supplies could be taken on a mission outside the barrier without taking the whole sickbay in tow and slowing the pace with too much on hand? Should she stay behind and prep the ICU? She had opted for the latter and moved as efficiently as she could in her panicked state.

During the wait, she had taken inventory and ran through the first aid information she'd read and practiced to the extent she'd managed thus far. As time passed, she was no longer as scrambled as she'd felt initially, but still she was considerably nervous and had even gone back to the library to check again if she had taken what instruments she'd been examining under self-instruction back down to the infirmary. She had realized as she'd willed the elevator to open quickly that she was over-thinking and then executing unnecessary actions.

Once she could, she hurried down the hall and heard Ghost's worried voice and her name. "Yes, Ghost," Alery replied while bracing herself and hurriedly entering back through the open doors. Her eyes quickly swept from the familiar form of the Operator to the gravely injured individual and her feet propelled herself forward, "I-I am a fledgling nurse but please let me help you as best I can, Sir." Alery removed the pillow from the head of the bed as she moved to assist the wounded man to adjust his form to lay as comfortably as possible and appropriately on one of the beds while being administered treatment, remembering that a patient's head should not be elevated in this state first off.  

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:08 pm
Ghost was very relieved to see Alery enter the infirmary and not one of the others return after he had shooed them out. He was trying to mask his obvious worry as best as he could, but doing a quite poor job about it. Aren had only raised a brow as the young woman entered, mothing a silent 'a nurse?' to him upon her words - they had long ago learned to communicate without words to a certain extend - and all he could do was glower at the older with an expression that could be well read as 'bear with it, that's all we got.'

"Alery, good thing you're here. I'll leave him in your hands, I trust you know well what to do." Indeed she had already begun to do her job and he couldn't help but smile. He had to be optimistic, he knew. Being gloomy and showing open worry would only drive the others further on edge.
"Just make sure that you are the one in command inside these walls, don't let him boss you around." Ghost told her, his small smile widening on his own accord. He got a half hearted frown from Aren in response and placed a hand on his uninjured shoulder. "I'm not in the mood to be bossy, you brat." The older ground out through clenched teeth, the only indication of the amount of pain he was in. "But just so you know ... you'll get a lot of bossing around later for that cheek." Oh how he had missed that good natured banter he had always enjoyed so much.
"I'll be looking forward to that, Aren, so you better don't die." With that he gave a small squeeze to his shoulder and, shooting an encouraging smile to Alery, left to take care of the rest of the most likely quite distraught search party and survivors.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:53 pm
Encouraged by his words, Alery replied to Ghost with a thankful smile between beginning to spread and drape a shock blanket over the injured individual as carefully and efficiently as she could. His pale complexion she recalled could indicate excessive blood loss as well as shock. As she adjusted the cloth on the wounded man's form she endeavored not to interrupt the conversation between him and Ghost. It was warm sight to see the Operator and the man who had survived the crash earlier today speaking to one another as they were and Alery gave a nod of understanding when Ghost began to exit.

With respect and concern, she introduced herself to and asked the patient in her care as she continued going about tending to him according to procedures she delved for in her still developing knowledge, "Hello. My name is Alery. I am lacking in medical knowledge and experience, but to the best of what I've learned thus far I shall endeavor to be of aid. Um, Sir, how may I address you, as Aren or another title?" From what she gathered from his and Ghost's exchange, he was in a leading position able to enforce commands beyond the seat of Operator and with still her being unfamiliar with many aspects of life and traditions there may be, she presented the question in light that he may be uncomfortable or disturbed should she be ignorantly committing insubordination with any degree of a negative effect in his state.  

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:32 am
Aren gave the woman a careful once over while she started tending to his wounds almost like a professional would, from what he remembered anyways. Oh but he wasn't delusional, not yet. This was a rookie and the ship's medical supplies were dreadful at best, Ghost had said so. Almost all of the high end technology the sickbay used to possess was destroyed during the crash, not much more than well secured first aid kits left. He hoped they had at least some leftover painkillers ... not that he couldn't deal with pain.
Alery, was it? Well, she certainly had the makings of a healer. Kindness, a gentle touch and her looks were quite nice to the eye. If one fancied women she would pass as quite the beauty.
Fighting to stay conscious while trying not to show weekness was even more tiring, but he didn't care. Focusing on her and what she was doing to him at least kept him occupied and gave his protesting body a reason to stay awake.
"If you insist ..." he answered, voice barely above a whisper with hardly the strenght left to speak at all but still managing to sound amused, "you're free to adress me as ... supreme leader ... or your highness, whatever you wish." He shot her a forced grin. "But ... seeing as I'm not ... into fancy titles, ... Aren will do."
She didn't seem to know who he was, really. But he didn't blame her. She was obviously very young, young enough to be born on the colony or shortly before that, on the flight or immediately before. And Ghost, well, Ghost wasn't exactly a teacher type who would be running around telling the children their ancient history. And apart from that, Ghost had believed him dead or at least never imagined meeting him again, and he could very well guess that it would be quite painful for the younger man to talk about the past. About him. He knew, he was no different when thinking about what he had lost. Like Zeal. Like their children. Well, at least one of them seemed to be alive and well. And he was looking forward to getting to know Slven. Yes, that seemed to be reason enough to double his efforts of willing his body to resist the urge to just fall asleep and never wake up again. Seeing his son again, and getting to know the man he had become.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:54 pm
Calm, Alery reminded herself of the word as she went about her work keeping panic from setting in to overwhelm her state of mind, willing herself not to falter and instead shake off any indecision she felt creeping to take hold of her and confuse her altogether. She was trying hard to maintain this mentality in order to both perform her duties as properly as she could and so as not to distress the man she was administering aid to.

His own endeavors were reflected in his actions and she smiled as she listened to his response. "Aren, welcome to Utopia." Seeing how he and Ghost interacted and further in light of Aren's words, it admittedly did not surprise her to learn all the more that there was much she did not know. Despite the fear and worries, the bottom-line was that she was happy that she has met the fellow Genome who she hoped along with everyone here, she'll become good friends with and get to know more about. First things first, she determinedly willed for the point they all make it past the critical circumstances of these ordeals to be close at hand.

She found it very admirable and was glad he was fighting to stay awake. In this, among braving more mental and physical trials, and his strong spirit evident even through his current condition were assets toward survival. The air about him was that of a quality of an authoritative figure and though she had only just met him, witnessing him in the brief time has had her already built a great deal of respect for him as the supreme leader.

Alery had decidedly opted to address his still pale person before moving on to more matters. He needed to get warm and it was evident that it was his blood vessels constricting away from his skin that was responsible for his ill color in order to preserve as much heat as they could and they needed more help to do so. With a dry towel, she wiped his face and neck. After wringing a towel soaked in hot water, she folded the cloth and placed it on his forehead.

From there she quickly finished the inclines she assembled from pillows and towels and began to help him move part of himself so that his lower body could rest at an angle directed upward above his heart by placing the inclines as support underneath according to learned procedures addressing such medical conditions.

"Are you allergic to anything? I'd like to offer you some medicine to ease the pain before tending to your leg," she spoke as she wiped his skin again with a hot towel then a dry one, and next replaced the hot towel on his forehead after soaking and wringing it again.  

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:33 am
Aren shook his head no, scoffing at the thought of a genome having an allergy, of all things. They were created to be genetically perfect. But well, he couldn't blame it on the girl, she hardly had anyone teaching her but the ships library, stuffed with human medicine.
"Just go with ... a fine those of that stuff, sweetheart." he advised her, weakily pointing at a conspicious small bottle holding a light bluish liquid on the counter. Considering pain relievers, that one was pretty much overkill. He was surprised they even had some of it saved - he couln't wrap his brain around what the stuff was called, but did it matter, really? - bless his luck again. "'m immune to ... most painkillers."
Not that they would help much, his immune system was far to accustomed to any manmade drugs by now. And damn his voice failing... he hated being weak, to have to depend on someone else, much less someone so young.
But for now, he had no choice in that matter.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:37 pm
"Okay and thank you, Aren, I'll endeavor to learn well from all you impart to me," was Alery's response smilingly, looking sheepish for a moment toward the apparently outrageous notion having surfaced in her query but keeping herself on task with first not allowing herself to dawdle. She promptly acted on what she heard from their supreme leader, procuring a nearby spoon she had prepped among other medical supplies in the intensive care unit for swift access. She transferred only a very small amount of the blue liquid of the bottle Aren had pointed out onto the spoon and then held out the spoon as she place her hand gently beneath him to cradle his shoulder area and head in one arm should he need her assistance in his weary state as she offered the minute dose of medicine meant to ease pain for him to take.  

shyanimegrl

Combative Foe

15,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Sen Cross
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:18 am
Somehow he doubted it would have any effect, with that little amound, but he was too tired to protest.
He would just let the kid do her job for now, not that he had any choice in the matter. This wasn't the first time he had been in danger without proper medical support. He would be fine. He always was.  
[RP] - the place for all RP threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games